PDA

View Full Version : Remember Elvis By Joe Esposito

SatninLove
10-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Remember Elvis is an all-encompassing, in-depth look at the life and career of a man whose popularity is unrivalled in the history of show business and who continues to attract millions of new fans each year. This groundbreaking book is brimming with rare interviews, insights and experiences. At the heart of this landmark project are over 200 interviews with many of Presley's most intimate associates, as well as some of the biggest names in the film and recording industries. Joe Esposito spent nearly twenty years as Elvis's confidant, close friend and road manager. Joe helps set the record straight about Presley's private life and career, dispelling the innumerable lies, half-truths and rumors that have evolved over the years...

Has anyone read this book?If so,what are your opinions?

-SatninLove

presley31
10-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Remember Elvis is an all-encompassing, in-depth look at the life and career of a man whose popularity is unrivalled in the history of show business and who continues to attract millions of new fans each year. This groundbreaking book is brimming with rare interviews, insights and experiences. At the heart of this landmark project are over 200 interviews with many of Presley's most intimate associates, as well as some of the biggest names in the film and recording industries. Joe Esposito spent nearly twenty years as Elvis's confidant, close friend and road manager. Joe helps set the record straight about Presley's private life and career, dispelling the innumerable lies, half-truths and rumors that have evolved over the years...
-SatninLove

I wouldn't take joe all that serious since he's been caught in many lies.

SatninLove
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
has anyone read this book?if so,what are your opinions and thoughts?
-SatninLove

Unchained Melody
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
My opinion of diamond joe is that he makes himself seem like hes more better than he is and more important in elvis' life that he really was..just my two cents although I did love his dvd his bestfriend remembers.

epmoodyblue
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah Remember Elvis is an all-encompassing, in-depth look at how to cash in on elvis fans $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ --joe 31 years have passed stop it with your books stop living off elvis(n):hmm:later there will be a Remember Elvis volume 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...blah(n):king:only his music i wanna here nothing more

Teddy
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Remember Elvis is a rip-off, actually. It's a compilation of filmed interview transcript material which most serious fans will already be familiar with from DVDs etc.
Joe (and his co-writer/compiler, who probably did all the work, let's face it) hasn't actually written anything with this one. He's exploiting his own name (and any Elvis fan who knows his name) to peddle recycled goods.
If you haven't seen things like The Definitive Collection, it is probably interesting to read the assembled interviews in print. If, like most enthusiasts, you've already seen this stuff countless times, you'd be throwing your money away.

shelley.m.
10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah Remember Elvis is an all-encompassing, in-depth look at how to cash in on elvis fans $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ --joe 31 years have passed stop it with your books stop living off elvis(n):hmm:later there will be a Remember Elvis volume 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...blah(n):king:only his music i wanna here nothing more

(y)Well Said.(y)

SatninLove
10-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Remember Elvis is a rip-off, actually. It's a compilation of filmed interview transcript material which most serious fans will already be familiar with from DVDs etc.
Joe (and his co-writer/compiler, who probably did all the work, let's face it) hasn't actually written anything with this one. He's exploiting his own name (and any Elvis fan who knows his name) to peddle recycled goods.
If you haven't seen things like The Definitive Collection, it is probably interesting to read the assembled interviews in print. If, like most enthusiasts, you've already seen this stuff countless times, you'd be throwing your money away.

Really.thank you Teddy.I don't really like Joe,but I was thinking about getting the book anyway..thanks for the information!(y)
-SatninLove

Donut
10-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Joe helps set the record straight about Presley's private life and career, dispelling the innumerable lies, half-truths and rumors that have evolved over the years...

Does he dispel his own half truths on this book too? :blink:

Teddy
10-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Really.thank you Teddy.I don't really like Joe,but I was thinking about getting the book anyway..thanks for the information!(y)
-SatninLove

You're welcome.
If you want to read a book which actually features Joe's memories (rather than a collection of other people's, although again, he has a co-writer), you could get Elvis-Straight Up, Volume 1 but frankly it's more like a pamphlet with the price tag of a book.
They didn't call him Diamond Joe for nothing. Seemingly he wants to sell his story over a period of time in tiny incremental volumes and charge full price for each one. By the time we're done, we will have payed around 5 times the price for 1 book's worth of material (most of which we've heard before, if Volume 1 is anything to go by).
The man's transparent intention to exploit and abuse the loyalty of Elvis's fan-base for maximum profit is utterly shameless.

lvs2day
10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
stay away joe- it wasn't long ago he wrote his first book and charged fans 20.00 to have it autographed- what a friend E.P. never charged a fee so who does joe think he is , everyone associated with ELVIS claims to be his best friend and confident, next.