PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley - Nervous Before Show (Dressing Room)

presley31
10-19-2008, 02:38 PM
zYtiPfVC1xY

Unchained Melody
10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Before opening night August 10th 1970.

Great stuff :notworthy

Merry
10-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks Jen, he does so well with the nerves. Stays so calm (on the outside, hehe), he does very well.

Love these type of clips.

Take care,

Jungleroom76
10-19-2008, 03:15 PM
GREAT CLIP JEN!!! (y)

I always loved that part of TTWII....just shows what am amazing sense of humor Elvis had!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Diane
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks Jen..love the clip. TTWII is my favorite by far.(y)

Diane

cibetty
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I love this clip! Did I understand well, he really quoted that sentence from the Bible in Hebrew first an then in English?? I've just noticed it. I know he was joking, but it was very strange to hear it. I love the way he rehears 'I Just Can't Help Believin'!! AMAZING!!

Unchained Melody
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
If only more footage like this would surface, this is what I love to see elvis relaxing with friends getting keyed up for his show!!

Elton
10-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Enjoyed it very much!

Debra
10-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Great (y)(y) I love it very much.

Miss Clawdy
10-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank's Jen, it's great, wish we had more, I love it (y)!

MojoElvis
10-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I love this clip! Did I understand well, he really quoted that sentence from the Bible in Hebrew first an then in English?? I've just noticed it. I know he was joking, but it was very strange to hear it. I love the way he rehears 'I Just Can't Help Believin'!! AMAZING!!

He's quoting two of the gospels that quotes the verse of the Old Testament first just the way it is and then say's it in English.

here's the quote

"Eli Eli lama sabachthani? ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?", Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34)."

He also quotes it in, WILD IN THE COUNTRY, wonder if that his idea at times.

MojoElvis
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
zYtiPfVC1xY

I love clips like this, thank you so much for sharing. Elvis was such a beautiful human being his personality really comes through clearer when you see unedited clips of him talking and his sense of humor. It's evident that this man had great inner kindness and humbleness about him.

Tony Trout
10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
zYtiPfVC1xY

He's quoting two of the gospels that quotes the verse of the Old Testament first just the way it is and then say's it in English.

here's the quote

"Eli Eli lama sabachthani? ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?", Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34)."

Dunno, but that's the first time I've ever seen that complete sequence of footage. They edited out the part where he says the greek version of "My God, My God! Why hath thou forsaken me?!?" in both the original and 2001 versions of the film.

mistymorning
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
He just knows how to be nervouse calmly !!!:lol:

beckelvis
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
The video is fantastic, the truth ELVIS was a charming person and with very good humor.:):)

ehollier
10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I've only seen this scene as edited for TTWII - the original and the newer version released a few years ago. Getting to see it all is really awesome!!!!! The part that has always struck me as fascinating is the way he drums the table with the pen in time to a beat!! Not being coordinated enough or enough music knowledge, I am just totally mesmerized by this particular drumming thing. But the entire clip is interesting. It seems that you get a quick private glimpse into a few quiet moments during this clip, also while he is reading the telegrams.

SatninLove
10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
thanks for posting.I love seeing footage of elvis being elvis...
thanks
-SatninLove

Trelane P
10-23-2008, 03:07 AM
That was a fantastic collection of clips. Had not seen some it before.

This footage was missing Elvis' funniest ever line when reading out telegrams:

"Dear Elvis, after 15 years we have finally learned to understand what you say on record. Signed RCA."

Dekerivers57
10-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I heard Pricilla talking about a "ritual" he taught her that he would do to prepare to go onstage. I don't think this was it, but it's very entertaining. Thank you for the post.

ehollier
10-23-2008, 06:30 AM
I heard Pricilla talking about a "ritual" he taught her that he would do to prepare to go onstage. I don't think this was it, but it's very entertaining. Thank you for the post.

What was this 'ritual'??? I've never heard of this.

presley31
10-23-2008, 06:47 AM
What was this 'ritual'??? I've never heard of this.

I think jerry talks about this also in his book

"Get calm before the frenzy; focus the eyes straight ahead with each step toward the stage; then achieve Zen-like concentration by uttering my secret chant! (Note: Priscilla won’t reveal Elvis’ “E-Zone” chant

source: http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=23&num=19587

Tony Trout
10-23-2008, 07:11 AM
That was a fantastic collection of clips. Had not seen some it before.

This footage was missing Elvis' funniest ever line when reading out telegrams:

"Dear Elvis, after 15 years we have finally learned to understand what you say on record. Signed RCA."

I have a feeling that this particular telegram didn't say exactly that. I think he was just saying that for comedic effect - and it worked. I think the same goes for the "Best wishes for a continuing successful Vegas show and hope to get a raise in the next six months, signed Joe Esposito" quote and probably also the quote from the Bible as well.

I may be wrong with all that but....if he did say all that without thinking of it beforehand, he certainly pulled it off very well!

Trelane P
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I have a feeling that this particular telegram didn't say exactly that. I think he was just saying that for comedic effect - and it worked. I think the same goes for the "Best wishes for a continuing successful Vegas show and hope to get a raise in the next six months, signed Joe Esposito" quote and probably also the quote from the Bible as well.

I may be wrong with all that but....if he did say all that without thinking of it beforehand, he certainly pulled it off very well!

That's what I think as well. I really hope he was making that up because it's so **** funny.

goodelvisgirl
10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
great clip its always good to see the man behind the image

rhythmknights
10-23-2008, 09:20 PM
love it. are these clips available anywhere?

Joe Car
10-24-2008, 02:54 AM

here's the quote

If I remember correctly, originally while reading those well-wishes, he read one, or said something to this effect, (I could be wrong) Elvis, may you have the biggest one ever, (probably switching engagement for one) then he said, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me." Frickin hilarious if you ask me. Thanks for the clip!

Dino78
10-24-2008, 05:58 AM
All I can say: Thank You!!!
Would be great to see the whole footage that were filmed before each show. Then maybe we could see the person behind the image.