PDA

View Full Version : Do Elvis songs remind you of something?

Nicole Presley
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Itīs really weird. Sometimes when I watch a sad movie and listen to an Elvis song after it, then suddenly the song reminds me of the movie. For example: A few years ago Iīve seen a movie named "Dead end" and then "Gonna get back home somehow" reminded me of the movie. And it still does. Even though itīs at least 3 years ago.
And A few days ago Iīve seen a movie named "Sleepy hollow" and now the song "Iīll never fall in love again" reminds me of it.
And a few minutes ago Iīve seen a movie named "Susie Q" and the end was sad. And then Iīve listened to the song "Always on my mind" and now it reminds me of the movie!!! :!:

And one song even reminds me of a Play Station game! The song "Stuck on you" somehow reminds me of a Disney game about a Llama. Itīs name is something like "A kingdom for a Llama", if I translate it from german to english. :rolleyes:

Does that ever happen to you that an Elvis song reminds you of something. Now I remember three other examples:
A few years ago when my twinsister got hurt somehow and she went to hospital I thought it would be worse than it was. I cried in my room, because I didnīt know what happened and listened to the song "Iīve lost you". And the start of the song reminded me of a needle that would sew her chin, because she had a hole in it. :'(

And the song "How the web was woven" always reminds me of a few days before my 16. birthday, when I got a letter from my dad who wrote that he moves back to Texas. And I havenīt seen him again since then, because I live in Germany.

And the song "The sound of your cry" reminds me of the time my mother was in the hospital a few month ago, because something was wrong with her heart. :unsure:

Do you others have any stories or movies that some Elvis songs remind you about? :D

elvispresleytheking
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
"Don't Cry Daddy", "In The Ghetto" and "My Boy" remind me of my dad, who is now deceased. I sang "Don't Cry Daddy" for him when he was going through a rough time, "In The Ghetto" was his favorite Elvis song, and "My Boy," which I didn't hear until after his death, just reminded me of something he told me once.

buttonhead
10-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Whenever I think of my childhood,... or I miss my mom and Indonesia ( my hometown)..the song "MEMORIES" will play in my head,..and I humm...

When i looked at my deceased pet Kitty-Kitty pictures... " You're A Devil In Disguise " remind me of her..:lol: THAT was her song... she was a sweetheart , its just when we play that song she would rolled on the floor and we picked her up and made her dance like a fool :lol:

" I'll Remember You " kind of remind me to Elvis himself... he is missed by millions
:'(

KPM
10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I could never list all the things different Elvis songs remind me of.
It would be to long a list.

utmom2008
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I could never list all the things different Elvis songs remind me of.
It would be to long a list.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Diane
10-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Ditto (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Diane

renapap05
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Yes,Nicole...I know what you mean.(y)
But i couldn't write some songs,because ALL of them remind me of something!!!:blink: