PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Fike Movie

Brian
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone

Just like I posted information about Sonny inking a deal to have his recently released book turned into a movie world on the street is Lamar's upcoming book will also be turned into a movie. I just thought I would let all of you know in case you haven't already heard.

Looks like we are going to be getting some more Elvis related movies in the near future.

john carpenter
08-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Boy, they are like termites coming out of the woodwork.

Diane
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Must be losing the limelight and want it back.:)

Diane

shelley.m.
08-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Well Said!!!

MIElvis
08-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Lamar's movie will need a wide screen to view.

presley31
08-28-2008, 06:25 AM

couldn't agree more(y)(y)

Tommy
08-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I just hope these movies doesn't shed a bad light on Elvis. We don't need that.

Brian
08-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Hi Tommy

Sonny's book didn't say anything bad about Elvis imo he says a lot of stuff that he said in What happened but it's written in a nicer tone and isn't sensationalized because Marshall Terrill wrote it instead of the tabloid writer Steve Dunleavy. I know enough about Elvis and his music to consider myself a die hard fan but there were a few things I'd never heard before. Sonny talks about roles Elvis was offered and I've heard about most of them but a couple I haven't and there were a couple of other things as well. I think it depends on what actors they get and how closely they follow Sonny's book and what he says. the last 4 Elvis movies have really been bad with the 2005 miniseries being the worst so I'm not very optimistic but you never know.

As for Lamar will have to wait and see his book hasn't come out yet. I don't think he's got a movie deal yet but I do know he's been looking for one.

MojoElvis
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
I look forward to both movies but there is a movie that has yet to be held as a classic that does the true Elvis story justice.
And for crying out loud, release one of them on the big screen!!! I'm sorry but I thought that Johnny Cash movie was boring. The guy looked nothing like him. Promote the hell out of an Elvis movie the same way and then see if it will beat, Walk Hard, I mean, Walk The Line.

Brian
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I look forward to both movies but there is a movie that has yet to be held as a classic that does the true Elvis story justice.
And for crying out loud, release one of them on the big screen!!! I'm sorry but I thought that Johnny Cash movie was boring. The guy looked nothing like him. Promote the hell out of an Elvis movie the same way and then see if it will beat, Walk Hard, I mean, Walk The Line.

Hi MojoElvis

I actually agree with you about I Walk the Line I think all it did was copy Ray's storyline and I also enjoyed Ray more thinking Jamie Foxx looked and captured Ray Charles more than Joaquin Phoenix captured Johnny Cash.
I got to see Walk hard the Dewey Cox story.

As for a big screen version of an Elvis movie I say it will never happen because the general public already knows Elvis basic story due to the large number of books, documentaries and t.v. movies which isn't the case for Johnny Cash or Ray Charles.

If either movie is actually made they will be t.v. movies.
I had heard that Spike Lee is making a big screen bio pic of James Brown while Elvis will continue to be stuck in T.v. movie hell.

utmom2008
08-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Lamar's movie will need a wide screen to view.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

MissyM
08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Let's not go hatin on Lamar now!

MojoElvis
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi MojoElvis

I actually agree with you about I Walk the Line I think all it did was copy Ray's storyline and I also enjoyed Ray more thinking Jamie Foxx looked and captured Ray Charles more than Joaquin Phoenix captured Johnny Cash.
I got to see Walk hard the Dewey Cox story.

As for a big screen version of an Elvis movie I say it will never happen because the general public already knows Elvis basic story due to the large number of books, documentaries and t.v. movies which isn't the case for Johnny Cash or Ray Charles.

If either movie is actually made they will be t.v. movies.
I had heard that Spike Lee is making a big screen bio pic of James Brown while Elvis will continue to be stuck in T.v. movie hell.

I always thought the problem was, EPE being to cheap to film an 15 million dollar project. Also the under estimating the fans. I think that , "Heartbreak Hotel" was a tester but in my opinion, I hated it cause all it kept saying was, the Elvis of the 70's sucked. It was cool to hear Elvis music loud in the theater. If they were to promote it like they do with these new movies, I think it might go over well and make it rated R.
The general public doesn't know the real Elvis, I even talk to die hard fans and could tell they haven't read a book on him. You may be right, I guess I want to see the Elvis story get an Academy award. I think a lot people feel the same way.

Unique Dog
08-29-2008, 08:15 AM

Don`t worry, I`m sure they will.

fillaelvis
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone

Just like I posted information about Sonny inking a deal to have his recently released book turned into a movie world on the street is Lamar's upcoming book will also be turned into a movie. I just thought I would let all of you know in case you haven't already heard.

Looks like we are going to be getting some more Elvis related movies in the near future.

I'm a personal friend of Lamar Fike, and I know he ´has good intensions with this. You better look forward to this, cause its gonna be GREAT!

utmom2008
08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm a personal friend of Lamar Fike, and I know he ´has good intensions with this. You better look forward to this, cause its gonna be GREAT!

So......you run around with Lamar AND Joe?:hmm: You have great....optimism.;):lol::lol:

Unchained Melody
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
So......you run around with Lamar AND Joe?:hmm: You have great....optimism.;):lol::lol:

I don't know what to say to his replies anymore.:doh::doh:

presley31
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM

I have doubts you and lamer are good friends, if so how do you know him?? do you have any sources that support this comment :hmm:

JDD
08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh Good Walmart needs more $ 4.99 movies for the discount bins .

JD

Diane
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
(y)(y)(y):lol:...and that's the truth!

Diane

utmom2008
08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know what to say to his replies anymore.:doh::doh:
It doesn't seem to matter one way or the other.;);)

Oh Good Walmart needs more $ 4.99 movies for the discount bins .
JD

:lmfao: (y) :lmfao: (y) :lmfao: (y)

midnight
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
OMG ,what ugly dude will they get this time to play Elvis!:supriced:

franny
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
OMG ,what ugly dude will they get this time to play Elvis!:supriced:

Good question, who knows? :lol: I hope he can at least lip sync :P

I wonder when this movie will come out?

franny

Teddy
09-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Surely the Lamar and Sonny movies can't be any worse than David Stanley's hilarious Protecting The King?

Does anyone know if the Lamar and Sonny movies are going to be ostensibly about themselves (ie: where they are the lead character even though it's really about Elvis, like David Stanley's)?

If this is the case, I can see how there could be an interesting advantage on Lamar's part, because he isn't your orthodox male lead. Casting a handsome young guy to play 'bodyguard Sonny' would practically be remaking Protecting The King- straight to DVD and completely tedious.
But a movie about the ultimate male sex symbol through the eyes of his morbidly obese buddy could be riveting even to non-Elvis aficionados!! It's immediately a human-interest story, not just another re-hashed biopic! :Lighten:
My money is on the Lamar picture! (y)

SleepyJack
09-08-2008, 05:09 AM
I won`t lose much sleep worrying about these movies....or I won`t be holding out much hope that will be classics of any kind...At the end of the day Elvis is the one that will always be remembered and the rest of the people in the story will be forgotten.I really wish they would move on and stop grabbing at whatever little flashes of second-hand fame they can get....it`s kind of sad really.

Diane
09-08-2008, 07:02 AM
(y)(y)(y)I agree Jack, it's very sad they can't see that as it's so obvious what they are doing and they are actually making themselves look bad in the process instead of what they hope to achieve.

Diane

Teddy
09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
I don't think it's about the reflected fame for them these days and they probably no longer care how it looks.
They're just chasing the pension they were expecting ;)

Diane
09-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Another good point Teddy, that could be the case.

Diane

MissyM
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, I look at it like this: I am able to put my personal feelings aside in order to hear/see more about Elvis. The relationship he had with the MM were at his choosing. Elvis was a giver, and through those men he in a way is still giving part of himself to us. Of course there is a monetary benefit, there was with Elvis's music. He didn't donate everything to charity.
When I look at all the people who have profitted the most off of Elvis, the MM probably have the least. If it's not good work, I'll say so. But untill I know, I won't.
How do you all decide who has the rights to tell stories, (which will enevitably make money) about him, who has the right to do interveiws, who has the right to tell their side??? I guess that's what I clearly do not understand.
And I wonder, if we could ask Elvis, who do you think is doing right by you, what he would say????? Or who does he think deserves to tell their story and make a little in the process?
Food for thought anyway.

presley31
09-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't think it's about the reflected fame for them these days and they probably no longer care how it looks.
They're just chasing the pension they were expecting ;)

well said teddy(y)(y)

Brian
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't know that the Memphis mafia guys hung out with Elvis for the money I think they liked him personally. Lamar has said that he went to work for a Nashville publishing company in the late 60's where he was making $50,000.00 a year I doubt they made that much working for Elvis but probably did like all the other perks as they are only human.

I don't know what more can be said from Lamar other than what he has said in Revelations but from what I've heard it's going to be about his life and all the celebrities he has encountered and also about his relationship with Elvis a couple of things will be new probably but mostly they will just be a rehash of what's in the Mafia book. One thing I won't like about Lamar's book is that he will blame the Colonel for the World tour and actually say Colonel Parker would have been deported etc., this is my biggest pet peeve in the Elvis world and also he seems to talk more openly about Elvis personal hygiene and sex life than any other biographer, Mafia member or even wife or girlfriends a lot of people find that interesting I say that should stay private.

Lamar hasn't got a book deal like Sonny but has been looking for one I wouldn't be surprised if there is some interest but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't because of so many t.v. movies about Elvis already.

Teddy
09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm not his biggest fan for obvious reasons but he does have a tendency to make his stories interesting, even when I don't always like what he's saying, so I'm still curious to know how it turns out.

MojoElvis
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
in my opinion the best actors to play Elvis so far, in looks wise were, Micheal St. Gearard, Johnny Harra & Kurt Russel.

I think Micheal can still pull it off if they had called him back. Look at a recent photo. That's the 1st one on here.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/elvistoday/4-8-07-folder/P44.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/elvistoday/4-8-07-folder/P33.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/elvistoday/4-8-07-folder/P55.jpg

Brian
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
in my opinion the best actors to play Elvis so far, in looks wise were, Micheal St. Gearard, Johnny Harra & Kurt Russel.

I think Micheal can still pull it off if they had called him back. Look at a recent photo. That's the 1st one on here.

Hi MojoElvis

I think Michael St. Gerard gave up acting to become a priest several years ago, I think he lives in New York.

Trev1
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Lamar Fike is probably the one member of the MM that I dislike the most :(
I read his book 'Elvis and the Memphis Mafia' and a lot of the stories he tells
in such a disrespectful way towards Elvis

buttonhead
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I pass Lamar... he is just one crabby ol' man IMO, sometimes i wonder if what he said was true..or he had a senior moment ;)

MojoElvis
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi MojoElvis

I think Michael St. Gerard gave up acting to become a priest several years ago, I think he lives in New York.

We can slap a guitar on him and have him sing, "Let's Us, Pray Together" from CHANGE OF HABIT..LOL

Stryx
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Lamar has great stories to tell about his time with Elvis. From the 50's - the army - the movie years and the 70's - Lamar saw it all.

I'm interested in Elvis and his life. I don't trust what Priscilla says most of the time. Lisa was too young, Elvis isn't around - so my only option is to listen to the people he chose to spend his life with - the MM.

Just because some of them don't sugar coat Elvis - does not mean they don't love him. Don't forget - Priscilla insinuates E raped her in Vegas in her book. Lamar joking about E's weight or drug abuse is one thing - that's another. Besides Elvis used find Lamars waistline one of the funniest things at Graceland!!

MojoElvis
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Lamar has great stories to tell about his time with Elvis. From the 50's - the army - the movie years and the 70's - Lamar saw it all.

I'm interested in Elvis and his life. I don't trust what Priscilla says most of the time. Lisa was too young, Elvis isn't around - so my only option is to listen to the people he chose to spend his life with - the MM.

Just because some of them don't sugar coat Elvis - does not mean they don't love him. Don't forget - Priscilla insinuates E raped her in Vegas in her book. Lamar joking about E's weight or drug abuse is one thing - that's another. Besides Elvis used find Lamars waistline one of the funniest things at Graceland!!

I agree 100% with you Stryx(y)

Tony Trout
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Lamar has said that he went to work for a Nashville publishing company in the late 60's where he was making $50,000.00 a year I doubt they made that much working for Elvis but probably did like all the other perks as they are only human.

Lamar mentions on page 182 of "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" that the most he made was $365.00/week--and that was just before Elvis passed away. I'm not sure what that adds up to in a year.

When he began paying them a salary (again this information is coming from "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia") in 1960, he started them out at $37.50/week.

Bingo! Great post! (y)(y)(y)

Brian
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Lamar mentions on page 182 of "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" that the most he made was $365.00/week--and that was just before Elvis passed away. I'm not sure what that adds up to in a year.

When he began paying them a salary (again this information is coming from "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia") in 1960, he started them out at $37.50/week.

Right that's what I was saying it's not that much what Elvis was paying them.