PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have photos of Elvis going into hospital for eyelift in 1975?

howardrobardhughes
09-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Anyone have photos of Elvis going into hospital for eyelift in 1975?
Elvis gave 17 concert from May 30 to June 10. He toured from Texas in South to Tennessee in North, and played for 181 135 people.
After this tour, Elvis went to hospital for an eye-examination. Elvis also had some eyelift during this 2 days hospital session. Next tour would start a month later.
During the 17 concert Elvis gave in Dixie from May 30 to June 10, he wore several different suits. Mostly he wore Indian Feather Suit and American Eagle Suit. The latter one Elvis had three different types of.

Captain Elwood David
09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
People with truly "unseen" one-of-a-kind candid EP pics. are not apt to freely publish them on the web for others to "use" in more "enterprising" ways.

------------

Now, ........ as for that autographed eye-patch from that visit ....................

- Capt. "EL."

Abbi
09-30-2004, 06:38 PM
One of Elvis' worst decisions. It ruined his eyes. (n)

Elena/The Russian EP Fan Club
10-01-2004, 03:20 AM

I agree with you, Abbi (n)

Cherokee
10-01-2004, 04:37 AM

I asked this before in some other thread: does anybody have some clear "before" and "after" pix of that? :blink: :hmm:

kennyelvis
10-01-2004, 02:02 PM
June 1st and 2nd,

kennyelvis
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
July 10th.

Lonniebealestreet
10-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the comparison shots, Kenny. When I first learned of this, I looked for photos from just before and after the procedure to see if I could detect a difference.

Billy Smith said that it ruined his eyes, that he lost that sexy droop of the eyelids which he had gotten from the Smith side of the family--like Lisa's. Personally I don't see the droop as being eliminated by that, but I do see the difference. And the negative result that I have noticed is that they perhaps took out a little too much fat around the eyes, which makes for an undesirable effect under the eyes especially--like those areas have been hollowed out or something. That is most noticeable in those last two pics, and it is evident until the end of his life. Depending on the lighting and angles, you notice it more sometimes.

If not for that aspect of the results, :blink: I think it improved his appearance, gave him a more youthful look. Just look at that first pic from July 10. I'm not saying he should have done it though.

Since we're on this subject, is the report that had also had a mini-facelift at this time completely false? The story (as told by Lamar or Marty, or both) even went so far as to say that Elvis had been holed up in his room for some time, then he came down and waited for the guys to notice the difference, which apparently they never did and so Elvis showed them the scars behind his ears. Now, if it's true, I certainly don't see any evidence of it either in these pics. But I know this has been denounced by some.