PDA

View Full Version : Who's more at fault for the failure of Elvis' Marriage

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Merry
11-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Evidently he wasn't completely happy. Although it isn't something which we can take for granted.
I'm extremely happy with Mrs Bear and yet I fully intend to become physically intimate with Megan Fox at the first available opportunity. It will take 3 days and 5 adhesive fabric rollers to get all my fur off her cheerleading outfit. Like Elvis, I suffer from a male disposition. 'Love' isn't so much necessary as tolerated, where intercourse is concerned.
http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Teddy, lol.

Here, I'll make life easier for you.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::D

http://www.traderscity.com/board/userpix10/6708-lint-remover-pet-1.jpg

Merry
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
:lol: This shows us how your brain works http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

It was just a "Teddy Fuzzy Moment", lol.

A "TFM" :lmfao:(y) :hug:

Merry
11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes, we all tire of lovemaking marathons with multiple partners eventually

:D Deep, thoughtful moments with Teddy :hmm::D:lmfao: :hug:

cbg84
11-19-2009, 01:23 AM
he has more votes than Cilla...........but overall more people have voted for 'both'

True but I'just more less surprised he has as many as he does. LIke I said both are at fault. Though I don't think either one of them went into the marriage wanting it to fail.

Brian
11-19-2009, 01:36 AM
LIke I said both are at fault. Though I don't think either one of them went into the marriage wanting it to fail.

True. But I don't think Elvis went into the marriage really caring if it succeeded.
I don't really know what Priscilla's thoughts were in the begining of the marriage like right before and during the first year of it.
When they first got married I don't know if she thought it would last or not.

May
11-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Though I don't think either one of them went into the marriage wanting it to fail.

I agree. :D It would be silly to get married assuming it wouldnt last. Although I am sure there are some people who do. :blink:

I think Elvis assumed they would stay married forever, whatever - like his mum and dad. Its been said (on here actually I think:doh:) that Priscilla's goal was to marry Elvis full stop, as she had been living with him for so many years and that was what was expected. It would have looked strange back then I imagine for her to be moved in with the promise (i use that word lightly) of marriage, just for her to move out a few years later, unmarried. :hmm:

Teddy
11-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Teddy, lol.

Here, I'll make life easier for you.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::D

http://www.traderscity.com/board/userpix10/6708-lint-remover-pet-1.jpg

Thanks! (y)
Now I just need four more and a ticket to California http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif

Donut
11-19-2009, 05:00 AM
Its been said (on here actually I think:doh:) that Priscilla's goal was to marry Elvis full stop, as she had been living with him for so many years and that was what was expected. It would have looked strange back then I imagine for her to be moved in with the promise (i use that word lightly) of marriage, just for her to move out a few years later, unmarried. :hmm:

That's what she said in her book ;)

May
11-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Did she? :blush: :lol: All my EP books merge into one:D

I am surprised she would admit this though. Sounds a bit desperate. :blink: Like, that's the main goal and it doesn't matter what happens after. She got married. That's it. :hmm::hmm:

Teddy
11-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Sounds like a lot of people!

Sweet_One_E.
11-19-2009, 05:49 AM
to me it sounds like two insecure people. if she was married to him, she was someone. he being able to seduce women, he felt like a real man. the problem is that when you go looking for elusive things to satisfy the ego, it never works out right. it's a shame they just couldn't meet each others needs that way. just being his wife was not enough, nor should it have been. being able to seduce women is only a temporary fix for an insecure man. Elvis needed constant attention from a women, Cilla could not be there 24/7 after Lisa was born. how could it ever work out??

Donut
11-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Did she? :blush: :lol: All my EP books merge into one:D

I am surprised she would admit this though. Sounds a bit desperate. :blink: Like, that's the main goal and it doesn't matter what happens after. She got married. That's it. :hmm::hmm:

Yeah,I think this goes after she talks about Elvis' relationship with Ann Margret but I'm not sure right now. She says something like she couldn't just leave after all that time living with him because this would make her look like a fool, so she decided she had to marry him no matter what.

May
11-19-2009, 05:59 AM
I see. Still, an interesting thing to admit to. Slightly immature way of looking at it, but I guess she was still quite young.

Donut
11-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Sounds like a lot of people!

That's true. Many people see marriage as the last obligatory step in a relationship.

Teddy
11-19-2009, 06:39 AM
She says something like she couldn't just leave after all that time living with him because this would make her look like a fool, so she decided she had to marry him no matter what.

It's kind of understandable really, but to be honest I think she oversimplified her explanation so that she can shoulder more of the blame for her folks. The determination was as much about preventing her parents from looking fools as herself.
There was definitely pressure around, but having said that, I don't think that these external complications take anything away from the sincerity of her feelings towards Elvis. She just happened to have domineering parents, a willful mind and the world's premier sex-symbol for a fiancee.

presley31
11-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Makes me wonder if priscilla's parents weren't pushing elvis to marry priscilla if they would of got married at all? I have no doubt they loved eachtogether but they just couldn't be bothered to make it work so they both let the marriage fail. Makes me wonder why years down the road priscilla goes on that she still loves elvis but maybe a part of her did but she wouldn't of messed around in the marriage if she loved and supported elvis like any wife would do with there marriage. Not knocking priscilla but she did know better.

Donut
11-19-2009, 07:01 AM
It's kind of understandable really, but to be honest I think she oversimplified her explanation so that she can shoulder more of the blame for her folks. The determination was as much about preventing her parents from looking fools as herself.
There was definitely pressure around, but having said that, I don't think that these external complications take anything away from the sincerity of her feelings towards Elvis. She just happened to have domineering parents, a willful mind and the world's premier sex-symbol for a fiancee.

This is clearly a Teddyficated way too look at it :closedeye

Teddy
11-19-2009, 07:04 AM
This is clearly a Teddyficated way too look at it :closedeye

The woman is a saint! :angry:
A really hot saint!! :mad::wub:

Donut
11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
The woman is a saint! :angry:
A really hot saint!! :mad::wub:

Elvis was a saint. Have you forgotten who devoted his life to make those pretty girls know the Bible's word? :closedeye

Teddy
11-19-2009, 07:24 AM
http://smiley.net.ru/emolau216.gif

Donut
11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
http://trexlog.netescom.org/smileys/sarcastico.png

Diane
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM

So what is so odd about that? Donut has a good point there...:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

Teddy
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
He was reading the Bible to them partly to alleviate his own guilt after subjecting them to such a selfish means of sexual relief but also to 'cleanse their souls', as he saw it, since he suffered from a textbook Freudian Madonna-wh*re complex.

May
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Elvis was a saint. Have you forgotten who devoted his life to make those pretty girls know the Bible's word? :closedeye

Oh bravo Donut. :lmfao:

Donut
11-19-2009, 10:27 AM
He was reading the Bible to them partly to alleviate his own guilt after subjecting them to such a selfish means of sexual relief but also to 'cleanse their souls', as he saw it, since he suffered from a textbook Freudian Madonna-wh*re complex.

What a difference some lipstick and a pair of false eyelashes make :closedeye

debtdbruno
11-19-2009, 10:59 AM

Who said he was being selfish.......women were falling all over themselves to be 'subjected' to his and their sexual needs:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

debtdbruno
11-19-2009, 11:02 AM
True. But I don't think Elvis went into the marriage really caring if it succeeded.
I don't really know what Priscilla's thoughts were in the begining of the marriage like right before and during the first year of it.
When they first got married I don't know if she thought it would last or not.

Do you really think the 'Ultimate sex symbol' would want to admit to the World that his marriage failed?

Elvis wouldn't have left his Marriage, but he didn't need to. He pretty much had it all going the way he wanted.........

Brian
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Do you really think the 'Ultimate sex symbol' would want to admit to the World that his marriage failed?

Elvis wouldn't have left his Marriage, but he didn't need to. He pretty much had it all going the way he wanted.........

I didn't say he would've left the marriage
I said he went into it not caring if it succeeded.

I don't think Elvis cared all that much that his marriage failed

debtdbruno
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I didn't say he would've left the marriage
I said he went into it not caring if it succeeded.

I don't think Elvis cared all that much that his marriage failed

So, are you saying you think Elvis never loved Cilla, or he used her?
Had his cake and ate it?

Why would he continuously sing the maudlin songs 72 onwards, if he wasn't of the frame of mind that he regretted not trying harder at his Marriage and still wanted her?

Brian
11-19-2009, 12:52 PM
So, are you saying you think Elvis never loved Cilla, or he used her?
Had his cake and ate it?

Why would he continuously sing the maudlin songs 72 onwards, if he wasn't of the frame of mind that he regretted not trying harder at his Marriage and still wanted her?

I'm saying he loved her but he didn't want to get married to her or anyone at the time.

I belive what hurt him about the break up was the situation with Mike Stone not that Priscilla left him
If she left on her own then he wouldn't of cared.

I think Elvis recorded those ballads just because he liked them not that they were about Priscilla.
He also recorded songs like Don't cry daddy and I've lost you while they were married lost love is the most common theme in music.

debtdbruno
11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I agree with most of what you say Brian, his ego that was hurt because it was another man.
Some of those songs though, like Separate Ways, Midnight, Mountain etc... are very telling...........

Brian
11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I agree with most of what you say Brian, his ego that was hurt because it was another man.
Some of those songs though, like Separate Ways, Midnight, Mountain etc... are very telling...........

I think Red West has said that he did write Separate ways partially about Elvis and Priscilla.

I think all those other songs Elvis recorded just because they were good quality songs that he liked and had access to.

Teddy
11-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Who said he was being selfish.......women were falling all over themselves to be 'subjected' to his and their sexual needs:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Only the most dubious accounts of his nocturnal recreation suggest anything about female needs being met.

It sounds most likely that he discharged himself with little regard for the dignity of his congregation, was overwhelmed with contrition and took out a Bible for redemption.

We've all done it. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth098.gif

cbg84
11-19-2009, 10:21 PM

I would say you both maybe right. I think that he sang the songs cause he thought they were beautiful and good (which I agree) but also they are very telling and whither he wanted to admitt or not I'm sure to some degree they much were the story of how he was feeling at the time.

May
11-20-2009, 01:48 AM
I would say you both maybe right. I think that he sang the songs cause he thought they were beautiful and good (which I agree) but also they are very telling and whither he wanted to admitt or not I'm sure to some degree they much were the story of how he was feeling at the time.

Yes, possibly. (y)

debtdbruno
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Only the most dubious accounts of his nocturnal recreation suggest anything about female needs being met.

It sounds most likely that he discharged himself with little regard for the dignity of his congregation, was overwhelmed with contrition and took out a Bible for redemption.

We've all done it. http://smiley.net.ru/emooth098.gif

I'm sure you all have Teddy:lmfao::lmfao:

However, why would he, when in the company of a beautiful (probably) and willing (definitely) woman????

GIORGIA
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh bravo Donut. :lmfao:
True:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:!

Teddy
11-23-2009, 03:49 AM
However, why would he, when in the company of a beautiful (probably) and willing (definitely) woman????

I think we can assume that he reached his own conclusion early in the meeting and spent the remaining time redeeming himself spiritually. He simply had no pressing need to indulge his company on a physical level once his own needs had been met in that department.

rickb
11-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Goodness this has a lot of responses for a topic that no-one here can evern speculate on with any authority.

Teddy
11-23-2009, 04:16 AM
I think that's partly why there so many responses.
If there was a truly authoritative answer the debate would be over.

TotallyInsane
11-23-2009, 05:48 AM
A very fair response Matt.:blink: I wish I could be that fair because I really think you might be on to something.:blink: However...... if you know me at all you what I'm going to say, so I'll keep my lips zipped.:lol::lol: Who in their right mind leaves Elvis????

We did have an authority speak on post #20 - but the responses kept coming!! (y)(y)

debtdbruno
11-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Pity he din't do that autobiography:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Dare say he wouldn't have indulged our curiosity to that extent though:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
03-06-2012, 06:01 AM
No we wouldn't have gotten the responses from Elvis. He in his own way was much more respectful of Priscilla than she was of him.

elvislina
03-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Well as i know.it is always boths fault when a fight begin or something happends. But i am not so good in this with relationship yet so i shouldnt say anything lol. But From my eyes i know people need to become like best friends before begin a relationship so they know how to keep living around each other. but right Elvis had a tough life. its not so easy to live with someone when so much good looking girls running after him. i think he somehow doesnt wanna act nasty to the others just because he was a married man. But as someone learn me. if you ever meet someone you love you will always meeting someone some look more better than this person. but you still need to focus on the women/man you love. i think when lots of girls coming in to your life that might be the reason relationship got destroyed because few women can become to pushy and doesnt care about people being married. i think Real love doesnt let someone going beetween they both. thats my opinion :D

By the way if you leave someone just because of fights then people need to think again. to keep a relationship alive people need to talking out with each other good and let each other know what they been doing and doesnt hide things from their lover. my sis and her husband have been married since 1998 and still is but thats because they dont let anything coming beetween they and they always talking things out. They dont leave each other either because of real reasons too. because they know how important it is to let your yes mean yes when you got married too.

But i dont judge or blame Elvis and Priscilla because to be a big famous star isnīt so much easier to keep the love alive

Albert
03-07-2012, 01:51 AM
First of all, who were to blame that they were married in the first place (besides Elvis and Priscilla)? What parent allows his/her 14 year old daughter to date (in a strange, not native country) to date a superstar and hang out with a bunch of soldiers (stationed thousands of miles from home)? And after Elvis left, they allowed their daughter to keep in contact?! And even more bizarre, the let her be flown in to the US to please the king of Rock 'n Roll and let her grow up there to become his queen? If you love your daughter you would prevent all this for happening.

So besides Priscilla's family, many people say that Parker pressuered Elvis into marrying. Nothing confirmed though, so only a rumor.

Before marriage Priscilla already had doubts of Elvis being faithful to their relation. And like many naief young girls, she might have thought that marriage would change this. If not, a child would. Obviously none of this helped, nor brought them together for a time longer than a vacation or a weekend in Vegas.

Priscilla married a rock star, but expected Elvis to become/behave like a normal man and husband. Is this truly something that can be expected? I think that by 1970 she knew enough and should have left Elvis. There were no signs that the relation grew to something normal and healthy.

Elvis was the other to blame. I guess that Elvis also vowed to not cheat on her during the ceremony? Elvis was no fool and knew he was cheating on his wife and mother of his daughter. With his lifestyle and unwillingness to change, he deserved no marriage. That's the curse of the rock'n roll stars. You can't have both worlds. A wife either deserves better or has to be satisfied with the fact that her man has sexual relations on the road, but come home to her afterwards. To me, that doesn't sound right though

cibetty
03-07-2012, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't say it was only Elvis' or Priscilla's fault, a relationship always depends on two people I think. I'm sure they both made mistakes, but there is a saying it is easy to be smart subsequently. Anna, Albert I liked your replies!! :notworthy :notworthy I agree with you both!

debtdbruno
03-07-2012, 05:52 AM
First of all, who were to blame that they were married in the first place (besides Elvis and Priscilla)? What parent allows his/her 14 year old daughter to date (in a strange, not native country) to date a superstar and hang out with a bunch of soldiers (stationed thousands of miles from home)? And after Elvis left, they allowed their daughter to keep in contact?! And even more bizarre, the let her be flown in to the US to please the king of Rock 'n Roll and let her grow up there to become his queen? If you love your daughter you would prevent all this for happening.

So besides Priscilla's family, many people say that Parker pressuered Elvis into marrying. Nothing confirmed though, so only a rumor.

Before marriage Priscilla already had doubts of Elvis being faithful to their relation. And like many naief young girls, she might have thought that marriage would change this. If not, a child would. Obviously none of this helped, nor brought them together for a time longer than a vacation or a weekend in Vegas.

Priscilla married a rock star, but expected Elvis to become/behave like a normal man and husband. Is this truly something that can be expected? I think that by 1970 she knew enough and should have left Elvis. There were no signs that the relation grew to something normal and healthy.

Elvis was the other to blame. I guess that Elvis also vowed to not cheat on her during the ceremony? Elvis was no fool and knew he was cheating on his wife and mother of his daughter. With his lifestyle and unwillingness to change, he deserved no marriage. That's the curse of the rock'n roll stars. You can't have both worlds. A wife either deserves better or has to be satisfied with the fact that her man has sexual relations on the road, but come home to her afterwards. To me, that doesn't sound right though

spot on!!!!!!!

ambkad
03-07-2012, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=MissyM;231761]You know what, it really really bothers me that the majority of people think it's mostly Elvis's fault for the demise of the marriage. She wanted the divorce, and he eventually conceded to it.
That women conspired her way into his life from the get go. There are reasons that Elvis wanted people around. And no, it was not to avoid being with her. But it doesn't matter anyway, because, that was the life he choose. She was the one who wanted marriage. But she wanted it on her terms. And boy oh boy she has done a great job of painting a pix. He buys her a house that is small as to not have the guys around much and what does she do, she takes Joe and Joanie with her. She says she wants to be a wife and do his laundry and things and then has him hire her a cook and butler? And plus she has a nanny 24/7! Yah right, she wanted it to be just her, him and Lisa? How many houses did they own and live in. Not all were big Graceland with the guys around 24/7! Elvis was from a very early age used to having family around a lot! But that is so much of it. She didn't like anything that even smelled of his life as a southern, poor man that he carried with him. She never embraced that part of him and what he needed. All she cared about was what she needed. And she needed to make him into this rich, classy, Hollywood star kind of guy. He hated that stuff...it was not him. How can anyone say she loved him that much? You have to love the whole person.
You know when you marry a man as big an entertainer as Elvis there are going to be challenges. It's a tuff life, the focus is on them and their entertaining. It can't be another way. She needed to fit into his life. But she didn't want to. She wanted her own bright star and she has proved that over and over and over! She says she wanted her own life. No she wanted her own fame. And every man that came after she expected to them to build their lives around her. Just like she was not willing to do with Elvis. Cilla doesn't give up what Cilla wants for any man or even her children! And people think she was going to give it up for him. He was her ticket.
And the painful thing to see is people blame him. He trusted her. She never hinted that she wanted to dance and model. He didn't marry Ann because he was smart enough to know that two people pursuing a career like that would not work. And so what does she do, prepare to go out and do it anyway.
He gave her what he could being who he was. But it was never enough. That was the story of his life. He gave, gave and gave to so many people, her, the fans, The Col., and ever some of his friends and still, it was never enough. And I sit her and read people blame him. It bothers me.[/QUOTE

great post

Diane
03-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I agree with Missy M's post too. Except for Elvis having such job out of Lisa, the marriage never should have happened.

Tommy
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
We will never know all the true facts about their marriage, being married to a super-star for the both of them must have been very difficult.

elvislina
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't say it was only Elvis' or Priscilla's fault, a relationship always depends on two people I think. I'm sure they both made mistakes, but there is a saying it is easy to be smart subsequently. Anna, Albert I liked your replies!! :notworthy :notworthy I agree with you both!

Thanx a lot Betti and Glad you liked my words :D oh yeah thats true. it is always 2 people in a relationship. so it is always both some need to working on this. but i am sure its not easy all the time and special not easy to be an Elvis Presley.

elvislina
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
We will never know all the true facts about their marriage, being married to a super-star for the both of them must have been very difficult.

I agree with you Tommy. thats really right (y) ;)

Kajo
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Who do you think deserves most blame for the end of Elvis and Priscilla's marriage....Elvis...or Priscilla...

Sorry but I have to say Elvis...I think he really thought he could be with whoever he wanted or could sleep with anybody he wanted but as long as he come home to Priscilla it was okay...and of course, it takes two to carry on a relationship like that..I hate the excuses of the career ended it. sure that may have played a small role in it but it was farther deep than that. Prscilla imo wanted attention from Elvis whether it be sexually or whatever and he didnt give it to her..of course she was going to go seek that attention from men shes a woman....elvis her husband should have been there to give that attention to her....

I definitely agree with you unchained melody on everything you said.Nothing more to say.Amen to that!

Tommy
03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
http://youtu.be/K6lNtNxlVc4

It's a shame really, I believe we all wanted to see them happy together.

jasmine123456
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
honesty, I don't know, :)