PDA

View Full Version : When Elvis Almost Did A Bowie.

presley31
07-04-2008, 06:30 AM
According to the Memphis Mafia's LAMAR FIKE, in his forthcoming memoir, AN UNCOMMON JOURNEY:

ON ELVIS PRESLEY BOULEVARD (co-written with celebrity-bio man MARK BEGO), "In 1976, David's then-wife Angela, visited us all at the now-defunct International in Las Vegas, and she brought with her a song David had written especially for Elvis, 'The Prettiest Star'.

She was a bit under the weather so she didn't get to stay for the show, but gave me the song to give to Elvis. We were terrifically excited to get something from one of the new emerging acts on the music scene. Elvis was always very much aware of the next thing, and, at that point it was Bowie."

Fike has also written a film treatment to accompany the book entitled '57-60: One of the Boys.' "The screenplay is out to a several film companies in N. Y. and L. A. I expect we'll be able to announce a deal in 90 days."

2008/07/03 David Salidor - www.elvisinfonet.com / www.epgold.com

Unchained Melody
07-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Fike is definitley an interesting character. Often comes across as bitter and angry. I like him. :lol:

TotallyInsane
07-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Personally I refer to him as Lamar The Fink!!!

Brian
07-04-2008, 07:54 AM
According to the Memphis Mafia's LAMAR FIKE, in his forthcoming memoir, AN UNCOMMON JOURNEY:

ON ELVIS PRESLEY BOULEVARD (co-written with celebrity-bio man MARK BEGO), "In 1976, David's then-wife Angela, visited us all at the now-defunct International in Las Vegas, and she brought with her a song David had written especially for Elvis, 'The Prettiest Star'.

She was a bit under the weather so she didn't get to stay for the show, but gave me the song to give to Elvis. We were terrifically excited to get something from one of the new emerging acts on the music scene. Elvis was always very much aware of the next thing, and, at that point it was Bowie."

Fike has also written a film treatment to accompany the book entitled '57-60: One of the Boys.' "The screenplay is out to a several film companies in N. Y. and L. A. I expect we'll be able to announce a deal in 90 days."

2008/07/03 David Salidor - www.elvisinfonet.com / www.epgold.com

Hi Presley31 why didn't Elvis record the song?

presley31
07-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi Presley31 why didn't Elvis record the song?

dunno brian. This was in the news.

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Fike is definitley an interesting character. Often comes across as bitter and angry. I like him. :lol:

You are right about the angry bitter part. And..he is ugly to boot. I can't stand him....didn't like him back in the 70's either.

Personally I refer to him as Lamar The Fink!!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 04:18 AM
You are right about the angry bitter part. And..he is ugly to boot. I can't stand him....didn't like him back in the 70's either.

You think Lamar is bad, you should see Marty Lacker :lmfao:

Brian
07-05-2008, 06:41 AM
I had heard from David Bowie himself that he was approached from someone at RCA (Bowie and Elvis were on the same label) to write a couple of songs especially for Elvis around 1975. Lamar confirms this story.

TotallyInsane
07-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Oh, you talking about Lacker The Slacker???

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh, you talking about Lacker The Slacker???

LMAO :lmfao:

That was great !! Made my morning :lol:

Wonder if he got called that in highschool....before he quit lol.

Poor 'ol Marty.....

TotallyInsane
07-05-2008, 07:52 AM
LMAO :lmfao:

That was great !! Made my morning :lol:

Wonder if he got called that in highschool....before he quit lol.

Poor 'ol Marty.....

Poor 'ol Marty my petunias!!!! Have you ever heard that song "freaking jerk pizzed me off"....(replace 2 of those words with other words)...that song was written about Lacker the Slacker!! :lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Poor 'ol Marty my petunias!!!! Have you ever heard that song "freaking jerk pizzed me off"....(replace 2 of those words with other words)...that song was written about Lacker the Slacker!! :lmfao::lmfao:

You are too Cruel Gail :P

Hope Marty isn't reading this message board :blush:

illona
07-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I read that Bowie wrote "Golden years" for Elvis but Elvis didn't record it for some unknown reason ...

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Also makes you wonder why we didn't get no "Country Bumpkin" from the March 1975 Sessions in Hollywood, CA. :supriced:

TotallyInsane
07-05-2008, 08:22 AM
You are too Cruel Gail :P

Hope Marty isn't reading this message board :blush:

If God loves me then someday Marty the Slacker will show up in the same building with me and Lisa Marie!!!

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
If God loves me then someday Marty the Slacker will show up in the same building with me and Lisa Marie!!!

Please remember to send your bestest buddy me an invitation :P:lmfao:

TotallyInsane
07-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Please remember to send your bestest buddy me an invitation :P:lmfao:

Not a problem buddy!!!

utmom2008
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Sadly, I have. Many, many times. NOT a pretty sight.;););)

MIElvis
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Lamar keeps making up new stories. I've ignored him for some time