PDA

View Full Version : Stories ..........

Merry
07-02-2008, 04:07 AM
A 10-year old boy named Donald Wilson had lost his immediate family to a horrific car accident. After the funeral, the court awarded his grandmother custody. A short while later, Donald suffered a nervous breakdown and was diagnosed as having a complicated kidney ailment. His grandmother did not know what to do or how to help her sick grandchild. The only thing that raised the boy's spirits was his Elvis Presley record collection. One day, as Donald blasted his Elvis music, his grandmother went to her den and composed a letter to the singer. She explained about Donald's ailments as well as his love for Elvis' music.

When Elvis received the letter he sat down to write a few encouraging words to the boy. He put together a package which included several photos, current records, and a get well card. He had each of his secretaries write a little something to the boy to show that everyone cared about him. Elvis took the package to the post office himself and had it sent special delivery.

When Donald's grandmother brought the package up to his bedroom, the young boy cried out with glee. He was amazed when he found the photos, records, and notes inside. After reading Elvis' letter, Donald knew his loving grandmother had written to his favorite singer about him. He ran over to her and hugged her tighly, crying as he thanked her. After Elvis' package arrived, Donald got better and both he and his grandmother felt that they owed his recovery to Elvis and the love he had shown.

midnight
07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Beautiful story Jess! Its too bad that these are not the stories that the world gets to hear about Elvis Presley. There are so many heartwarming stories out there on his kindness and unselfishness. He did so much and kept it quiet. He did things out of the kindness of his heart and not for publicity, like so many do today! I love these stories.

Merry
07-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Dearest Kim
(Beautiful name by the way, hehe) (y)

I was lucky enough to be able to copy this story from another site. There are a lot of private email groups (that have a huge membership) where they share wonderful stories. Everyone is always welcome.

I'm not part of any anymore, (time is a challenge, and the volume of posts were enormous, thousands in a month, lol) but if you want to know the name of a good one, please let me know.

Elvis' heart is beautiful, I agree. He warms mine, lol.

lol
Kimmi

Merry
07-02-2008, 05:10 AM
While Elvis was filming "Live A Little, Love A Little" in downtown Los Angeles in April 1968, two old ladies started running towards him. When Elvis got in their way, they pushed him so hard they knocked him down. Elvis then realized that the women were after his co-star, Rudy Vallee. As he lay on the ground, Elvis watched the women make a mad dash to get Vallee's autograph before he got into his car. Elvis went over to his famous co-star and asked the man how he kept the women interested. Vallee replied, "Sex appeal, my dear boy!". Elvis walked away laughing.

Diane
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Lol, I loved that story with Rudy Vallee although for the life of me I can't see what the attraction was in him or with Frank Sinatra. I sure wouldn't have passed up Elvis for Rudy. :lol:

Come to think of it, I wouldn't pass up Elvis for anyone.

Diane

cibetty
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey Jess (Kim), I love these stories so much as well!! And guess what, I copied and translated all of them as well!!! :) :) There are some really funny and some very touching and heart-warming stories and there are some sad stories as well (from the final period of Elvis' life). I've found them on this site and I recommend it, really beautiful:

http://members.tripod.com/sharoncarrell_1/unknownstories.html

Here is a funny story:

As Told By..... SAM THOMPSON - One time my sister Linda, my wife Louise, and I had been down with Elvis to see the old Circle G Ranch in Mississippi and were on our way back to Memphis in Elvis' Stutz Bearcat. We passed a little black boy, maybe ten or eleven years old, by the side of Highway 51. It was summer; it was hot - dust in the air. The kid was caked in dust, sitting at a little watermelon stand. We had the entourage, about four or five vehicles, and Elvis was in the lead. {As we go by} Elvis pulls over. Of course, everybody pulls over after him. Everybody jumps out - Red and everybody. They're looking around. This is in the middle of nowhere. This little kid - I'll never forget his face. I know he knew who Elvis was, but he wasn't gonna let Elvis know that he knew. He was a businessman, this kid. He sat there and waited for Elvis to walk up. Elvis had to initiate the conversation, "How much are the watermelons ?" A price was established. The kid was real tough and he wouldn't come off the price. So finally Elvis just turned around and said, "We'll take the whole stand. Pay him". That's the only time the kid's visage cracked. Elvis took one watermelon, the choice one, and put it in the back of the car. Off we drove and left the entourage down there to settle up. Elvis bought the whole watermelon stand, bought all those watermeons, and took them back to Memphis.

Getlo
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I hate to sound cynical (ahem ;)) but there is no source listed for the car accident boy story!

cibetty
07-08-2008, 02:38 AM
I hate to sound cynical (ahem ;)) but there is no source listed for the car accident boy story!

Yes, you're right, there is no source, but I think it is true... I have read it on the same site: http://members.tripod.com/sharoncarrell_1/unknownstories.html

And I think those stories are true there, they were usually told by Elvis' closest friends, back-up singers, his musicians and his family members... So I believe them. I'm sure they didn't want to lie about Elvis, they loved him very much, everyone can feel it who read these stories. I really recommend, they are great! (y) (y) Although some stories are very sad, but true unfortunately... But the site was made with the greatest love and respect to Elvis' memory, I'm sure.