Director: Arthur Nadel
Producer: Levy-Gardner-Laven
Film Length: 99 mins
Colour/B&W: Colour

Cast:

Scott Heywood - Elvis Presley
Dianne Carter - Shelley Fabares
Tom Wilson - Will Hutchins
James Jamison III - Bill Bixby (starred in The Hulk & The Magician series in later years)
Sam Burton - Gary Merrill
Duster Heywood - James Gregory

Story:

Elvis plays the role of a millionaire's son, leaving home to see if he can do something worthwhile on his own, while not depending on his family's fortune.
On his way to Miami Beach he meets up with waterski instructor Will Hutchins and switches identities with him.

Elvis' first student for waterskiing is Shelley Fabares, who is in Miami to hook up with a rich husband. She has set her sights on Bill Bixby, a playboy and boat racer.
Elvis gets jealous when Bixby becomes interested in Fabares and decides to try and impress the girl.

Not willing to fall back on his wealth Elvis forms a partnership with Gary Merrill, who owns a new design boat, that was ripped apart during the previous years's boat regatta.
Elvis further develops a hardener for the protective coating of the boat and it's ready to participate in the race.
Unable to test it before the race, Elvis risks his life in the effort to win both the race and the girl.

Behind The Scenes:

Clambake was plagued with problems even before shooting began: Elvis was overweight and - on the very first day - he slipped, suffered a concussion and couldn't work for several weeks. Filming evetually began at the end of March 1967.

This was Elvis' 25th movie in 11 years. It's safe to say that he had become tired of the same old formula.

The original title was: "Too Big For Texas!".

Pre-production scenes were filmed in Miami, using a double on several scenes. Elvis' scenes were filmed in Los Angeles.

Actual footage of the Orange Bowl International Boat Regatta was used. The race was at Miami's Marine Stadium.

Movie trailer:

YouTube- Elvis - Clambake (Movie clip)

Songs:

Clambake
Who Needs Money
A House That Has Everything
Confidence
Hey, Hey, Hey
You Don't Know Me
The Girl I Never Loved

Related Links:

Pictures: www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=76&userid= (http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=76&userid=)

Memphisgurl
09-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Is this film as bad as people say?

Sonny
10-14-2005, 11:34 AM
If you would ask me, I would say "no", not really.

Granted, it's definately not the best film Elvis did, but it's still a very entertaining movie.

It's your well-known Elvis, girls, race and Elvis wins the race kinda thing, but it does have it's nice moments.

Will Hutchins has a couple of silly moments, after he switched identities with Elvis. And Bill Bixby does a fine job as the smooth guy who's competition to Elvis, both on the water and chasing Shelly Fabares.

Apart from some "weaker" songs, like f.i. Confidence, we also get to hear and see "A House That Has Everything", which is very nice. (Though Elvis' red outfit isn't very well chosen).

Clambake, despite the silly lyrics, does swing.

Sonny

Tommy
10-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I liked this movie. Pretty good. (y) Anyway I like all of Elvis' movies.

Thank You for posting this one,

Tommy

KPM
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I think its one of the worst, but like the songs You Dont know Me and House that has Everything. I thought the sets looked cheesy and Elvis's wardrobe was not done well. But I still watch it once in a great while.

poormansgold
10-16-2005, 10:03 AM
It's Not All Bad Movie, It's My First Movie Of Elvis Plus On Our's First Color TV We Buy In 1977, there Parts Is Bad, one part with Kids (n) That's made It Worst Movie

poormansgold

Sonny
10-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Updated,

Sonny

Lisarose
03-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Of course, we all understand that my favorite won't be yours, & your favorite won't be mine. That said, I enjoyed this movie. Didn't like the song "Confidence" - a bad rip-off of (?) High Hopes "just what makes that li'l old ant think he can move that rubber tree plant." I didn't like Will Hutchins "voice" singing along with Elvis in "Who Needs Money." I liked the story line, I liked the way the Dad was flabbergasted when people kept telling him what a cigar smoking, liquored up playboy his son was. He kept saying "Not my boy!" I loved the song "House That has Everything." :king: And of course, hearing Red West actually speak - that was a first for me!:lol:

nabelt24
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Saw this movie for the first time this past week and I've got to say that I really enjoyed it! It honestly wasn't too bad and I liked the idea of him switching places with the ski instructer.

Very cool.

easyrider
01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
very good movie

Mr.TCB
10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I like this song from the movie.
YouTube - Elvis - Who Needs Money?

rickb
10-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Pretty poor movie and a pretty poor soundtrack.
No wonder Elvis tried to delay its production