PDA

View Full Version : Best late 60's film

hounddog
06-13-2008, 05:03 AM
ok this is fun making up polls

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Great to see these threads about Elvis' movies from the Hollywood years. Fans have bashed these enough so let's just accept them for what they were, a quick way to make a millions dollars in a matter of 3 weeks shooting sometimes. And they were fun, with good looking girls and Elvis singing a song or two. Can't beat that can ya ;).

Anways sorry to get off topic there with my rambing, Live A Little Love A Little got my vote. I just love this movie for some reason, actually is playing right now I have been watching it tonight. Well its morning now:P

cameron
06-13-2008, 06:25 AM
While I enjoyed his girlie/music movies I still liked Charro .{they were fun}
It seemed to prove {to me} that he could act ,not just do the fluff movies.
I'm sorry he didn't get a chance to do more.

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry he didn't get a chance to do more.

I bet those who were responsible for destroying what could have been one of the greatest acting careers of all time felt a little bad as well.

goodelvisgirl
06-13-2008, 06:44 AM
oh another tough choice i liked charro cos it showed a different side to elvis it had a fairly good script and elvis showed off his acting skills in this but i also like change of habit cos it also showed elvis in a different light dealing with the issues of reall life and there were a few laughs in it and this time the few songs fitted in with the movie and the songs were good i will have to think about it abit more

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 06:49 AM
I watched Charro. Thought it was boring, the script was to me anyways.(n)

kathy parkinson
06-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Change of habit for me

marijaep
06-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I watched Charro few months ago and I have to say that i also found it a little boring. I know that Elvis wanted to do a movie without a soundtrack, but I somehow missed the songs in Charro.
My vote goes to Change Of Habit (y)The story wasn't bad and I really like the soundtrack :D

KPM
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I watched Charro few months ago and I have to say that i also found it a little boring. I know that Elvis wanted to do a movie without a soundtrack, but I somehow missed the songs in Charro.
My vote goes to Change Of Habit (y)The story wasn't bad and I really like the soundtrack :D
IMO Charro was just not well scripted. Supposedly they were going for the Italian spaghetti western style of "A Fistfull Of Dollars" but it was flat.
If they had gone to Italy and got Sergio Leone to rewrite the script and direct- it may have had a good chance.

Lisarose
06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Live a Little, Love a Little - Elvis and Albert! elvis and pschydelic dancing. Wow!
Elvis in the shower. Plus, he sings ALLC!
Second Runner up would have to be Charro! So is there a Dvd available with the nude scene?
May be able to get hubby to like Elvis if I throw in naked Ina Balin!

ForeverTheKing
06-14-2008, 02:29 AM
I voted for Change Of Habit...I think it has a good story and is underrated.
(y)

But I can't forget how sexy is Elvis and the other 3 movies :blush: especially in Charro :lol:

Sonny
06-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I voted for Change Of Habit.

Charro! could have been a real gem, but they decided back then, that it had too much nudity and action.
I happened to see that original Charro! back in the early eighties, and with all the action and scenes in it it certainly was better.

Change Of Habit is underrated, true. It - in an Elvis movie way - tries to approach serious issues.

Live A Little Love A Little is cool, great fight scene, but silly storyline, Elvis looks awesome though.

Trouble With Girls does catch the atmosphere of the times in which it is set, but the story is nothing I think.
However, the camera movements in the first half are something new in an Elvis movie.

Sonny

Unchained Melody
06-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I agree Sonny Live A Little Love A Little does have a silly story line thats why I love it! Funny stuff.

And the song Change Of Habit, is TOO Underrated.

Lisarose
06-15-2008, 06:44 AM
I voted for Change Of Habit.

Trouble With Girls does catch the atmosphere of the times in which it is set, but the story is nothing I think.
However, the camera movements in the first half are something new in an Elvis movie.
Sonny

The camera movements are the only thing I hate about this movie. It
literally made me dizzy to watch! This is also one of my favorite movies,
and I love the song Clean Up Your Own Backyard!

cibetty
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
"Change Of Habit" to me!

italianfan
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Charro is on TCM in the UK at 1pm tomorrow if anyones interested. Im going to watch it, never seen it before and iv never seen it be on TV before. It great that over the last year TCM and Sky arts here in the UK have started showing the lesser known movies.