PDA

View Full Version : New COMPLETE Concert DVD Now Available!!!

elvisbootlegs
06-06-2008, 11:45 PM
The Soundboard Films Vol. 1 - Southbound

DQJQS1Jr4cw

A real treat has arrived for Elvis fans in this newly edited complete concert from August 31, 1976. For years, we had 30 mins. from a close source, but the colors were so washed out and faded that it was almost unbearable to watch. Newly uncovered, the original betamax tape that the original films were transferred to gives us a great quality film of the show for us to view, that actually allows us to see E's face clearly. If that wasn't good enough, the original beta contained four 3 minute reels that had not existed in circulation before showing the first 12 minutes of the concert. Now on top of that, there is an additional 15 minutes shot from the front row (as seen on the Front Row Films) from the same show, and for the first time ever, both sources of footage has been pulled together and synched perfectly with the soundboard recording for the ultimate Macon, GA '76 experience. Bonus features on this dvd include the 4 songs recorded on soundboard from the 3-17-76 Johnson City, TN concert including Trying To Get To You and the first ever live version of HURT.

TotallyInsane
06-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Looks like one I'll have to get. Just a few days after I saw him here in Houston. Probably the all time worst show he ever did!!

jak
06-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Looks like one I'll have to get. Just a few days after I saw him here in Houston. Probably the all time worst show he ever did!!

That Houston show is generally regarded as a low point.Do youre memories see it that way?Many fans cant or wont accept Elvis ever had a bad concert.I always like to hear the thoughts of someone who saw Elvis multiple times over the years.

TotallyInsane
06-07-2008, 06:30 AM
While I didn't see the whole show cause I was knocked over the rail trying to get a scarf and spent most of the hour sleeping (how's that for luck)???
I knew when he walked on stage something was bad wrong!! It was absolutely the worst show I ever saw. It was sad and I was embarrassed for him!
He could hardly move and his words were slurred beyond belief.
A few years later I met J.D. and he said that Elvis had thought it was an evening show and took sleeping pills. However, it was an afternoon show and they had a hard time getting him out there. They were in San Antonio the night before and from what I've heard he didn't have the problems he had in Houston. In all honestly, it was not pretty and the reviews were just about as bad as you can get! In fact, one of the guys in the Houston Chronicle who did a review on that show apologized the next year when he died.

goodelvisgirl
06-07-2008, 06:43 AM
seems very intresting i will have to get this one thanks for the info

jak
06-07-2008, 06:44 AM
While I didn't see the whole show cause I was knocked over the rail trying to get a scarf and spent most of the hour sleeping (how's that for luck)???
I knew when he walked on stage something was bad wrong!! It was absolutely the worst show I ever saw. It was sad and I was embarrassed for him!
A few years later I met J.D. and he said that Elvis had thought it was an evening show and took sleeping pills. However, it was an afternoon show and they had a hard time getting him out there. They were in San Antonio the night before and from what I've heard he didn't have the problems he had in Houston. In all honestly, it was not pretty and the reviews were just about as bad as you can get! In fact, one of the guys in the Houston Chronicle who did a review on that show apologized the next year when he died.

Thanks for youre honest comments.

goodelvisgirl
06-07-2008, 06:53 AM

waw interesting story i wondered if his personal problems ever got in the way of his stage performances and clearley they did if he was going on stage like that you often wonder why he still got no help for his problem and why no one strongly told him to go get help at least you got a chance to see him perform even if you did get knocked down and only saw part of the show

TotallyInsane
06-07-2008, 06:57 AM
waw interesting story i wondered if his personal problems ever got in the way of his stage performances and clearley they did at least you got a chance ot see him perform even if you did get knocked down and only saw part of the show

While he was out of it - he did see me fall and get knocked out. He sent Joe Esposito backstage where I was to bring me a scarf! I talked to Sam Thompson last year - Linda Thompson and Jackie Kahane came to my rescue when I fail. Sam said that Elvis had asked the Houston cop to find out if I was okay and let him know!! I never ever knew that and found out 31 years later - that was pretty cool!!

jak
06-07-2008, 07:11 AM
While he was out of it - he did see me fall and get knocked out. He sent Joe Esposito backstage where I was to bring me a scarf! I talked to Sam Thompson last year - Linda Thompson and Jackie Kahane came to my rescue when I fail. Sam said that Elvis had asked the Houston cop to find out if I was okay and let him know!! I never ever knew that and found out 31 years later - that was pretty cool!!

Thanks for sharing that.It shows that no matter what Elvis always cared for his fans.His devotion to his fans was genuine.

goodelvisgirl
06-07-2008, 08:57 AM

well at least you did not get knocked out for nothing you got a scarf given to you by a member of the group from elvis himself now thats pritty amazing and him making sure you were ok shows his love and care for his fans thanks for sharing this story

Pelvis
06-07-2008, 11:27 AM

Dam.n i never heard that before..sounds really sad "totallyinsane".....ah well..atleast most of his concerts were great and amazing

Jungleroom76
06-07-2008, 03:10 PM
THAT LOOKS LIKE A FANTASTIC DVD!!!! (y)

Thanks so much for sharing the info. with us!!! I'm definitely going to have to track that one down!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-07-2008, 05:02 PM
THAT LOOKS LIKE A FANTASTIC DVD!!!! (y)

Thanks so much for sharing the info. with us!!! I'm definitely going to have to track that one down!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

It is indeed new to hunt down Mike ! (y)

Jungleroom76
06-07-2008, 06:20 PM
It is indeed new to hunt down Mike ! (y)

I'm already on the hunt pal!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I've ordered mine and its on the way.

KPM
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Its nice to hear he still recognised that someone may have been hurt and was concerned enough to check and send you the scarf. At least a nice end to the story.

Diane
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Yes, typical Elvis. No matter what shape he may have been in, he thought of someone else.

Are you sure you didn't throw yourself over the side lol?

Thanks for the story Gail.(y)

Diane

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Bac to the topic of the thread, if you ordered the DVD it also comes along with a CD of the show from that evening.

For any serious Elvis Collector, This Is A Must!

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote from the maker if these wonderful products.

Volume 2 of the soundboard films is on the way, it will be 46 minutes of the 3-21-76 E.S. show as heard on "A New Kind of Rhythm" but the soundtrack is a newly stereo remixed version of the show, not the binaural version. I have discovered I had 2 angles on this show (I had always thought they were the same, just varying degrees of quality but as I ran both clips at the same frame rate side by side, it became apparent that they were different pieces of film as the shadows cast by the spotlight show differently, the footage has different songs in them, and the stage is slightly elevated more on one than the other, leading me to believe that these 2 camera operators were a mere 5-10 feet away from each other, and both seemed to film almost the same songs, give or take a few minutes here and there. The result was about 42 mins of footage total. The other 4 minutes is from the a.s. and only to complete a couple of songs.)

Volume 3 will be called "Vegas Rhythm" and have a complete February 73 concert and as a bonus we will get "A Profile" of Elvis' Summer 73 festival.

Volume 4 will a double feature including "Kansas City Blues" - about 35 minutes of the June 74 Kansas City show.

Jungleroom76
06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Quote from the maker if these wonderful products.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. BUDDY!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO. BUDDY!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Your welcome Mike.

I'm most interested in the March 21st 1976 ES, the new remixed stereo sound, I was hoping the footage would be mixed with the audio from A New Kind Of Rythm CD, but either way, I think this is going to be a very popular set!!

utmom2008
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
In all honestly, it was not pretty and the reviews were just about as bad as you can get! In fact, one of the guys in the Houston Chronicle who did a review on that show apologized the next year when he died.
Didn't you post those reviews on here a few months back? I remember reading them...it was amazing to see what they thought of him that day.:sad:

he did see me fall and get knocked out. I talked to Sam Thompson last year - Linda Thompson and Jackie Kahane came to my rescue when I fail.

OK...I just have to ask you something. Was Jackie Kahane any funnier after you were bonked on the head than he was before you were bonked on the head????:lol::lol:;);)

elvisbootlegs
06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
an update for the series, Vol. 4 will now also include an addition to the app. 40 min Kansas City '74, a bonus of "Rock Back The Clock" of app. 30 - 40 mins. of Pontiac '75............

elvisbootlegs
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Your welcome Mike.

I'm most interested in the March 21st 1976 ES, the new remixed stereo sound, I was hoping the footage would be mixed with the audio from A New Kind Of Rythm CD, but either way, I think this is going to be a very popular set!!

Hey CJB, the sound on Vol. 2 will be from A New Kind of Rhythm, as I thought it was much more dynamic, but It just didnt sound right on a tv. Granted for those with a multi-track surround system would have been very enjoyable, but for the rest of us that don't, you were running the risk of only hearing 1 or 2 of the channels, so I just did a full stereo remix of of the binaural recording combining both channels into both ears, essentially 4 tracks...With a week or 2 away for Vol. 2, should it include the untouched "A New Kind of Rhythm" or the version used for the concert?

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
an update for the series, Vol. 4 will now also include an addition to the app. 40 min Kansas City '74, a bonus of "Rock Back The Clock" of app. 30 - 40 mins. of Pontiac '75............

Looking forward to watch as this set unfolds ! Thank you for the update!;)

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
With a week or 2 away for Vol. 2, should it include the untouched "A New Kind of Rhythm" or the version used for the concert?

If it were me I would perfer A New Kind Of Rythm....(y):notworthy

Jungleroom76
06-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I think this is going to be a very popular set!!

Couldn't agree with you more pal!! The footage from this show is very good, especially considering it's fan shot....and matching that with the newly remastered concert CD should make for an AWESOME DVD!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
;)
Couldn't agree with you more pal!! The footage from this show is very good, especially considering it's fan shot....and matching that with the newly remastered concert CD should make for an AWESOME DVD!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

I agree buddy. I should have the first two volumes of the set early next week I can not wait. Will post my review once I get to watch them alL!!

Jungleroom76
06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
;)

I agree buddy. I should have the first two volumes of the set early next week I can not wait. Will post my review once I get to watch them alL!!

Can't wait to read it buddy!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Today in my mailbox I recieved 3 differet packages and one contained THe Soundboard Films DVD Vol. 1!!(y)(y)

After watching it, well its playing still right now during the Band Intro's, I can say this is a must have DVD for any fan's collection, the audio is synched perfectly with the footage and its great.:notworthy:notworthy

This is going to be one amazing set, can't wait for Vol.2 I didnt get it today unfortunatley!

Jungleroom76
06-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Sounds FANTASTIC pal!!! (y)

Naturally I'm jealous that you got it already...unfortunately I have to wait a while to get mine... :'(

Keep us posted on how the rest of your DVD's are buddy!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Sounds FANTASTIC pal!!! (y)

Naturally I'm jealous that you got it already...unfortunately I have to wait a while to get mine... :'(

Keep us posted on how the rest of your DVD's are buddy!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

The Pieces Of My Life is just as great, so many rare live performances and the best thing is that they are all COMPLETE. So nice to see stuff other than the same ol films like Aloha, ttwii etc. (y)

Still waiting on the Front Row films...:supriced: