PDA

View Full Version : FTD Top 3

elvis1970nl
09-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Hi you all,

Just would like to know what your FTD Top 3 is !!!!
Here is Mine :

1. The Jungle Room Sessions
2. The Nashville Marathon
3. So High

Hans

NightRider
09-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi Hans....good choice (y)

Difficult one as they probably would change depending on my mood at the time....all time favourite has to be The Jungle Room Sessions...that, i believe would stay the same...so...
1. The Jungle Room Sessions
2. 6363 Sunset Blvd
3. The Nashville marathon.

With these close runners up ( cheating, i know ;) :P )

Spring Tours
Dixieland Rocks
Too much monkey business...( yep...love it (y) )

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow! NightRider, my list is identical to that, with one change in my honorable mentions: I would replace TMMB with So High, which is not to say I don't really like it.

I especially like the original album, Guitar Man. I think that the best of the bunch were carefully chosen for inclusion on that LP, although there a few tracks heard for the first time on TMMB which were equally deserving. JMHO.

Not only did I cheat, but I was unoriginal! :lol: Sorry, but a top 3 list of anything Elvis is about impossible for me!

P.S. Annie
09-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Well I dont have all the FTD's but from the ones I have my top 3 is:

1. Memphis sessions
2. Flashback
3. Elvis at the International

and from the movie ftds my favo is Girl Happy.

NightRider
09-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Wow! NightRider, my list is identical to that, with one change in my honorable mentions: I would replace TMMB with So High, which is not to say I don't really like it.

I especially like the original album, Guitar Man. I think that the best of the bunch were carefully chosen for inclusion on that LP, although there a few tracks heard for the first time on TMMB which were equally deserving. JMHO.

Not only did I cheat, but I was unoriginal! :lol: Sorry, but a top 3 list of anything Elvis is about impossible for me!

looks like we both have exceptional taste then Bobby.... ;) (y)

spinout-designs
09-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Obviously, a near impossible task to pick a top 3 with the wealth of fantastic material that the FTD label offers, simply because it means excluding a lot of other great discs.

That said, and having all the discs in the series, I would choose the following :

Jungle Room Sessions
Nashville Marathon
6363 Sunset

(some kinda pattern emerging in this topic eh?)

The label has of course also produced some great live discs as well, also worthy of note is 'The Memphis Sessions', still a great disc even if you do have the various imports from the same sessions.

Sorry Chris, but 'Too Much Monkey Business' would be 'way on down' at the bottom of my list :lol: I've played it 2 or 3 times, yet can find little to like about these overdubbs save one or two exceptions, then again, I didn't like the Guitar Man album in the first place ;)

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
looks like we both have exceptional taste then Bobby.... ;) (y)
I can think of no other possible explanation. (h)

;)

Sonny
09-24-2004, 10:36 AM
I like most of 'em, but if I would choose at this moment:

Polk salad Annie (despite the bad cough here and there)
Memphis Sessions
Live On Stage In Memphis

Sonny

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
****! Live On Stage In Memphis--where to fit that one in? :wacko:

NightRider
09-26-2004, 09:41 AM
****! Live On Stage In Memphis--where to fit that one in? :wacko:
:blink: :'( ...i forgot that one too....that would be up there for certain (h)

NightRider
09-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Sorry Chris, but 'Too Much Monkey Business' would be 'way on down' at the bottom of my list :lol: I've played it 2 or 3 times, yet can find little to like about these overdubbs save one or two exceptions, then again, I didn't like the Guitar Man album in the first place ;)

yep...you either like them or you don't...i loved Guitar Man when it came out back in 80-81....and waited years for RCA to release the rest of the songs that were given the treatment. I think they are great , but understand that they are not to everyone's taste.

I think Elvis would have approved....not that we will ever know :'(

jbgude
09-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I have no doubt about my top two :

Nashville Marathon
Jungle Room Sessions

The third onwards is pretty well open: it could well be Sunset/International(without the rambling speech)/Memphis Sesions/Live in Memphis/Out in Hollywood/ or the other Nashville sessions ......depending on my mood.

jb