PDA

View Full Version : June Juanico's Book

ksimms2
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Have any of you read June Juanico's Book, "In The Twilight of Memory" ??? I'm pretty sure that's the name. What a wonderful, wonderful book! I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down.

Sorry haven't been around for a while, I just read all of your messages on my profile - that must be something new along with the buddy requests? I appreciate all your comments and I've missed you guys!!! :king:

Lonniebealestreet
05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree with you, Kelly. Her account was very vivid and it was a refreshing read because it focused on such an early and innocent time in Elvis' life and also opened up a window for us that had for the most part been previously untouched -- by Guralnick and every other author.

It was an easy read, as if we were just reading a very well written diary, but not overly so to where it insulted your intelligence (think Charlie Hodge's Me 'N Elvis -- and he had a co-author). I think it would have pretty universal appeal as far as Elvis bios go.

Miss Clawdy
05-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I have to agree with you both, it's a wonderful book and I loved it!
She wrote it with such a liveliness...it carries you back to the very
beginning and it is as if you were there too, accompanying them....
June is the one who is not mentioned as often as Elvis' other girlfrieds
and that surprises me, because after reading her book I truly believe they
loved each other dearly.

presley31
05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
yep kelly thats a good book. l do wish dixie wrote about her time with elvis too.

utmom2008
05-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry haven't been around for a while, I just read all of your messages on my profile - that must be something new along with the buddy requests? I appreciate all your comments and I've missed you guys!!! :king:

OK...we let you play hard-to-get, and now you can see that you were missed. Your vacation from us is OVER....it's time to get your tail back to TCB-World on a daily basis. Yes...that includes participating!!! Lurking will NOT be tolerated!!!:lmfao::lmfao: (y)(y)

Lisarose
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Missed you, Kelly! I haven't read it yet, but it's on my summer reading list!

marijaep
05-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Welcome back Kelly :hug: You were missed.

I still haven't read it, but it looks like a wonderful book. I've always liked June and the relationship that she and Elvis had. I've only read Chapter Two on the net : http://www.girlsguidetoelvis.com/junejuanico.html ;) Can't wait to get the book and read the rest! :D

shelley.m.
05-21-2008, 05:52 AM
I have this fabulous book in my collection and I did read it as well.It's a great read.A must for all Elvis fans!

ksimms2
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I guess I am behind in the times - decorating my home page? profile messages, buddy lists, geez!! What is happening around here???? lol.....This weekend I'll have to take time and catch up.

utmom2008
05-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I guess I am behind in the times - decorating my home page? profile messages, buddy lists, geez!! What is happening around here???? lol.....This weekend I'll have to take time and catch up.

Remember.....if you snooze you lose!!:lmfao::lmfao:

SleepyJack
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Haven`t read this one yet...but it`s on my "Looking forward to.." list!!....From what I`ve read and heard of June Juanico and Elvis I always had a feeling that they could have been really good together.Did it come down to Elvis being a bit intimidated by her???...just wondering!

Miss Clawdy
05-22-2008, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't say he was intimidated by her but June was very down to earth and no yes-girl and I agree with you, they would have been very good together.

SleepyJack
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
It could have made a lot of difference to Elvis` life to have somebody strong-willed and with a strong character......maybe it may have made Elvis less likely to say "Yes" at times.....especially to his manager.

celine
05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I have read this book twice already. It's just great! (y)

Miss Clawdy
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
It could have made a lot of difference to Elvis` life to have somebody strong-willed and with a strong character......maybe it may have made Elvis less likely to say "Yes" at times.....especially to his manager.

I am thinking the same, and since you mention the Colonel....June hated
him from day one....

Lisarose
05-23-2008, 08:00 AM
No, SleepyJack, I don't think he was intimidated, I think it was mostly Elvis just being Elvis! He loved women and IMO, the song Love the One You're With was written for Elvis! :D But seriously, she knew that Elvis wasn't true, and she saw that he was moving away. She wanted more. I do love how she said - in t he LHJ interview? - that she always believed in her heart that one day they would be together. She was a woman who knew what she wanted, however.

SleepyJack
05-24-2008, 10:26 AM
I guess Elvis wouldn`t be the first guy in the world to let a good opportunity pass by!.......I`d even go so far as to say that,deep down inside,most of us one of those "what ifs" hanging around...ones that could have sent our lives in much different directions.Looking forward to reading the book now!

Rising Sun
05-24-2008, 01:32 PM
I have ordered that book a few days ago and it arrived today afternoon. I couldn't stop anymore once I started reading :lol: I have read about half of it now :supriced:
So far I like it a lot, June really tells her feelings and the story is so sweet, just like in a good novel :lol:
In the book you kinda get to know the "young" Elvis, at the beginning of his career.
Elvis and June made a great couple for sure :blush:

Miss Clawdy
05-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess Elvis wouldn`t be the first guy in the world to let a good opportunity pass by!.......I`d even go so far as to say that,deep down inside,most of us one of those "what ifs" hanging around...ones that could have sent our lives in much different directions.Looking forward to reading the book now!

I couldn't agree more (y)!

rhythmknights
05-24-2008, 09:14 PM
sounds like i should read this one, let me go to amazon.com :D