PDA

View Full Version : Bahiga

hgs262626
05-08-2008, 02:19 PM
aaaaaaah bahiga from the famous august 11th 1970 midnight show. anyone know much about her? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNfIiGsLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNfIiGsLw

utmom2008
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
No one knows what ever happened to Bahiga? Maybe she ran off with Hamburger James....:hmm::doh::lmfao:

john4elvis
05-10-2008, 11:31 AM
What a great surprise,
That is my youtube site.

utmom2008
05-10-2008, 11:36 AM
What a great surprise,
That is my youtube site.

Huh??:doh: What is your Youtube site?:doh:

john4elvis
05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
The link to the Elvis & Bahiga video,
If you check who put it on youtube, you will see john4elvis

Suspicious Minds
05-11-2008, 05:26 AM
Was Bahiga one of the ladies of the night as they say?
Elvis turned her request down.
Bahiga is a strange name for a lady.

ehollier
05-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Was Bahiga one of the ladies of the night as they say?
Bahiga is a strange name for a lady.

Actually she sounded like she was from England or a British colony. She certainly didn't sound like she was a native of the US and definitely not Las Vegas!!!!!!! I bet she didn't think she would be famous!!!!!!!!!

Suspicious Minds
05-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Sounds like a middle east name. Is it from Egypt or India way?
Not an English name.

ehollier
05-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Sounds like a middle east name. Is it from Egypt or India way?
Not an English name.

That was why I suggested a British colony, rather than England, itself!! Bohiga, if you're out there, please stand up!!!!

toffe
05-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I have also wondered this to myself, who this lady is!

and where the painting Elvis got from her is now.

hounddog
05-12-2008, 04:12 AM
i found this about the name origin,
http://www.behindthename.com/name/bahiga
http://www.babynology.com/meaning-bahiga-f3.html

alstrada
05-12-2008, 05:20 AM
The link to the Elvis & Bahiga video,
If you check who put it on youtube, you will see john4elvis

Nice site you have !!

The King's Queen
05-12-2008, 05:41 AM
What a great surprise,
That is my youtube site.

Hat is off to you! :notworthy Great video!!! (y)

The King's Queen
05-12-2008, 05:43 AM

What was that request??? I could never quite make out what she was saying....:blink:

Lisarose
05-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Somewhere in this site, someone posted info about Bahiga. Don't recall if it was reliable information, tho.
And, Lea, that is fast becoming one of the 'age-old' questions. I've read that he turned down a song request, that he was teasing Bahiga about giving her her pen back, and then I think there was something about being asked about merchandising.

And like Toffe, I'm wondering what happened to that portrait, too.

Tony Trout
05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Somewhere in this site, someone posted info about Bahiga. Don't recall if it was reliable information, tho.
And, Lea, that is fast becoming one of the 'age-old' questions. I've read that he turned down a song request, that he was teasing Bahiga about giving her her pen back, and then I think there was something about being asked about merchandising.

And like Toffe, I'm wondering what happened to that portrait, too.

Lisa,

I found that particular thread. I believe the OP is truthful. Here's what was said:

A friend of my met Bohega in 1985. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time out folks'.. She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis Presley'. Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen.

ehollier
05-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Lisa,

I found that particular thread. I believe the OP is truthful. Here's what was said:

[
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean http://www.tcb-world.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=104311#post104311)
A friend of my met Bohega in 1985. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time out folks'.. She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis Presley'. Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen.

So it wasn't a request or another autograph, she wanted a piece of his jewlery???????? Seems like an awefully bold request!!!!!! :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Tony Trout
05-12-2008, 09:21 AM
[
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean http://www.tcb-world.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=104311#post104311)

So it wasn't a request or another autograph, she wanted a piece of his jewlery???????? Seems like an awefully bold request!!!!!! :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Well, seeing as how some fans were...the request doesn't surprise me, to be honest. I admire Elvis for the way he handled it, though.

ehollier
05-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, seeing as how some fans were...the request doesn't surprise me, to be honest. I admire Elvis for the way he handled it, though.

You do make an excellent point, but it is something that just seems so forward!!!!

utmom2008
05-12-2008, 09:34 AM

I agree with you Tony!(y) I always thought there had to be more to it than a song request or anything like that.:hmm: He is polite, yet business-like in his response, and I think his "tone" would have been entirely different if it were something along the lines of a song request.:blink::blink:

Tony Trout
05-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I agree with you Tony!(y) I always thought there had to be more to it than a song request or anything like that.:hmm: He is polite, yet business-like in his response, and I think his "tone" would have been entirely different if it were something along the lines of a song request.:blink::blink:

I noticed in that footage that Elvis seemed to roll his eyes when the lady asked for her pen back...like he was gonna keep it or something! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
05-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I noticed in that footage that Elvis seemed to roll his eyes when the lady asked for her pen back...like he was gonna keep it or something! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I have noticed that too Mister T.:lmfao: If that had been me I would have asked Elvis if he could flick my Bic!:lmfao::lmfao:

hounddog
05-12-2008, 04:25 PM
"A friend of my met Bohega in 1985. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time out folks'.. She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis Presley'. Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen."

Ah that explains his tone. I thought she may have asked for something far more forward than that.

Lisarose
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
"A friend of my met Bohega in 1985. . . . Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told him that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen." . . .

Whoah, whoah now! She asks him for his ring and she wants her pen back? That seems a little unfair as well as forward! :lmfao: :lmfao: