View Full Version : Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I have been working on this one for about 3 days
This is so much fun workin on these covers
thank u all for ur support
i hope these r better then the ones before
plus soon i will post another concept CD idea titled
"too pooped to pop"
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Great cover! :)
04-08-2008, 05:14 AM
This is only one of many recollections as a child hearing Elvis. My parents had the 8-TRACK TAPE (remember those??) and I can remember hearing it in the car quite a bit and for the longest time, I always thought that the way some of those songs were sung were the only way they had ever been sung by him or any other artist. I recently downloaded the newer, completed version of this concert and gave it to my dad and he loved it!!!!! Great memories!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Good Cover and Label design BUT when Printed and Folded TRACK NUMBER 10 OVER-RUNS into Front Cover - NOT A Cover I Would Use Unless Fixed
04-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank u all for ur lovely comments
and thank u ElvisFanSA for the heads up on the song list i thought i had fixed it, but i guess i did not do it right
It is now fixed
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice work! If I could be critical for a second, that "RCA" logo doesn't look authentic. (Not that I could do any better!)
04-09-2008, 05:58 PM
No It isn't I just typed an RCA and tried to make one that was similar.
i know i cheated lolol
But thank u
i hope to have my new one up later tonight
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Great covers rockin! Bravo! (y)
04-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Wonderful, excellent covers, you are doing great (y)
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
It's My Turn NOW tooooooooooo Say Heads Up
Nice Works as I said and I Used Your Version and Replaced My Version with Your Version
Keep it Up My Friend
Andre (South Africa)
04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I like the idea and the layout. But there are a few points that you should keep an eye on. If you manage to work on these small details, your covers can transcend from nice to good or even great.
1. there's a vertical line (actually 2) through the middle for no apparent reason
2. The image of Elvis doesn't go through untill the end (middle) of the cover
3. The fading from white to black is too strong: now it almost look like a line. The effect will be nicer when you use a larger piece of Elvis to fade into the black background
5. this piece is a bit messy: there's Elvis food, a transparant piece of the background and a piece of the 'Recorded Live' message. Also on the left of his right foot, there's still a piece of the original background that shouldn't be there
6. The 'Recorded Live...' block text is on the right side niceline aligned, but on the left side it's mysteriously not. It would look much tighter if you make the font smaller so that the text fit between the grey backgroundimage.
7. Same as number 3
8. You can see with the sideburns that on that particular picture Elvis' hair doesn't look completely black. But the top is faded with the background, making it seem that Elvis has no hair on the top. Compare that picture with the one on the top right. It would be the best if you play a bit with the levels and make Elvis' hair as black as the background and the suit more white (as it is in reality).
9. (No arrow placed on the cover) The listing of the songs shouldn't be wider than the grey background. "Whole Lotta Sahkin (an error there) Goin' On" and "Jailhouse Rock"now exceed that background (just us point 6). A shame, because there's more space left after "Hound Dog"
I hope you don't mind these points. One thing of creating things is the improvement of your skills (y)
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
By all means
thank u so much for the points
i can't believe how my eyes played those tricks on me to not even see how i misspelled shakin lol
again im very new at this so i need all the help i can get
04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
nice job my friend but you have pictures of two different jumpsuits
and yet say all pictures from the evening concert .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.