PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie Annouces Pregnancy

Pages : [1] 2

Getlo
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Hmmm ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=525449&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

The 1976 pic of Elvis being is mislabelled as '77 ... don't think I've ever seen it before.

utmom2008
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Holy Moly.....that is a terrible pic. I have noticed several people saying that she hadn't been seen around much lately....:hmm:

Diane
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I think that exceptionally bad photo was doctored up big time. There is no way I can believe that Lisa has gotten to that point in such a short time. (n)

Diane

rhythmknights
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
makes me kinda glad i'm just a 'nobody'
but then, my friends have textd worse pics of me to each other!
say no more!

cameron
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Nope, I think it's "doctored" too. Must be a tabloid.
I quit reading these things quite a few years ago. :P

Tony Trout
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
How recent is that picture? Man, she looks rough!!

TotallyInsane
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
OMG - I cant' believe that!!!

utmom2008
03-03-2008, 09:18 PM
How recent is that picture? Man, she looks rough!!
It made it sound like the pic was just made this past weekend, didn't it?

goodelvisgirl
03-03-2008, 09:19 PM
oh yup bad pic she dosent look good

TotallyInsane
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
It would have to have been this past weekend. She's never been that big. Remember that talk we had Rosanne?

utmom2008
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
It would have to have been this past weekend. She's never been that big. Remember that talk we had Rosanne?

:lmfao::lmfao: That's exactly what I have been sitting here thinking about.:lol::blush::blink::lol::lmfao::doh:

goodelvisgirl
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
papers are always lookin for a story but my eyes can't beleive this is her

utmom2008
03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I think that exceptionally bad photo was doctored up big time. There is no way I can believe that Lisa has gotten to that point in such a short time. (n)

Diane

Think about her dad though....he could have HUGE swings in a matter of days.:hmm::hmm:

Tony Trout
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Think about her dad though....he could have HUGE swings in a matter of days.:hmm::hmm:

Exactly. A matter of a few days, actually. The transformation in the last years was amazing.....

Getlo
03-04-2008, 03:34 AM

Why not? Her daddy did, as did her grandmother.

Nope, I think it's "doctored" too. Must be a tabloid.
I quit reading these things quite a few years ago. :P

The picture is not doctored at all.

Here is another link to a similar story.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=109956&in_page_id=7

The pic here is from Eagle Media, a reputable firm. Doctored pics these days are exceptionally rare, and the perpetrators are spotted very quickly, and their pics never used again by media organisations.

And another below: "In the gateau" and "Blue Suede Chews". Heh, heh. :lmfao:

Again, the pic is not doctored.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article872604.ece

Dovey
03-04-2008, 05:52 AM
I guess all I can say is that there is more help available today than there was back 30 years ago for Elvis. I hope Lisa finds the motivation and help that she need to conquer this problem. Dovey ;)

cameron
03-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Why not? Her daddy did, as did her grandmother.

The picture is not doctored at all.

Here is another link to a similar story.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=109956&in_page_id=7

The pic here is from Eagle Media, a reputable firm. Doctored pics these days are exceptionally rare, and the perpetrators are spotted very quickly, and their pics never used again by media organisations.

And another below: "In the gateau" and "Blue Suede Chews". Heh, heh. :lmfao:

Again, the pic is not doctored.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article872604.ece

Tell you what, you believe what you want and I'll do the same.
All those mags say :CELEBRITY GOSSIP and IMO that's all it is , BS .:P

Getlo
03-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Tell you what, you believe what you want and I'll do the same.

Look, don't be so naive. Obviously, stories like this are mostly crap, but these pictures of Lisa Marie are not doctored in any way whatsoever.

cameron
03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Look, don't be so naive. Obviously, stories like this are mostly crap, but these pictures of Lisa Marie are not doctored in any way whatsoever.

I call it as I see it...it's GOSSIP . Believe what you like. I'll wait for the "real news." Even IF it was "real" I don't live to put others down.
That's what kids do.
You couldn't possibly know if any of that is real.....unless you work for those papers yourself.

Getlo
03-04-2008, 07:12 AM
You couldn't possibly know if any of that is real.....unless you work for those papers yourself.

Funny you should mention it; I deal with international photo agencies every single working day of my life for media distribution in Australia, so yes - I know what I'm talking about.

Pictures like these do not lie: whatever the reasons behind it, no one knows ... but Lisa is packing on the pounds. Stories can certainly be gossip. Images cannot.

The photos are untouched: there are about 60 available right now on the news wires, taken at the same event. And in all of them, she looks just like she's seen in the attached articles.

cameron
03-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Funny you should mention it; I deal with international photo agencies every single working day of my life for media distribution in Australia, so yes - I know what I'm talking about.

Pictures like these do not lie: whatever the reasons behind it, no one knows ... but Lisa is packing on the pounds. Stories can certainly be gossip. Images cannot.

The photos are untouched: there are about 60 available right now on the news wires, taken at the same event. And in all of them, she looks just like she's seen in the attached articles.

I know exactly what your job is . :P

I'll still wait for the "real news". My job has always been to lift people up; not to put them down. I'll stick to mine , it's a lot more fun and rewarding.

TotallyInsane
03-04-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't understand how people can seem to enjoy some things! Personally, I don't think these pictures are funny myself.

Diane
03-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Now I guess we'll all sit back and wait to see whether Lisa dies in her early forties like her dad and grandmother......:blink: And....later discuss what could have killed her, how much of it was her fault and why did she do it???? I may not have much of a life at present, but I have more than to waste my time on that discussion.

Diane

LianaKaralivanou
03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Well, if she's pregnant, there is an excuse. During her pregnancy she found a chance to eat as many quantities of food as she likes. But if she's not pregnant, well then, she must start immiedately eating healthier. As a woman, it happens to know, that we tend to gain and lose weight quite easy! Let's hope that she'll soon find herself again...

Alessia
03-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, if she's pregnant, there is an excuse. During her pregnancy she found a chance to eat as many quantities of food as she likes. But if she's not pregnant, well then, she must start immiedately eating healthier. As a woman, it happens to know, that we tend to gain and lose weight quite easy! Let's hope that she'll soon find herself again...

Lisa posted on her blog a while back that she quit smoking, which also might affect her weight. A lot of models smoke to keep their weight down.

The articles definitely show the disadvantage of being well known, though. Personally I find the snickering schadenfreude really annoying.

ksimms2
03-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Personally, I think she is pregnant, and have always said so. The article even said she's not been seen around much lately - could be why - she's made no public announcement yet......or she has already had the child and this is left over baby weight. She needs to just announce it already.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

ksimms2
03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
okay guys, now Lisa is on www.tmz.com with a photo of her wearing same outfit, probably taken same day, and they say, "Pregnant Lisa Marie fighting Dad's curse"

"pregnant".....

Case closed. ;)

TCBnAflash
03-04-2008, 09:05 AM

Diane

I don't think so, it's just a bad picture. It always happens. Not only that, she's mid chew..probably just stuffed her face..lol
Her weight shouldn't be how we judge her music anyway. Even though she is no where close to her father.

Lainey
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Here's another angle:

TCBnAflash
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
okay guys, now Lisa is on www.tmz.com with a photo of her wearing same outfit, probably taken same day, and they say, "Pregnant Lisa Marie fighting Dad's curse"

"pregnant".....

Case closed. ;)

She doesn't look bad here at all. Just knocked up..lol

cameron
03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Maybe she will let someone film the delivery ?
That should be a scoop ! :blink:

poormansgold
03-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Funny you should mention it; I deal with international photo agencies every single working day of my life for media distribution in Australia, so yes - I know [/I[I]]what I'm talking about.

The Good ones can Be fool.
tom

SleepyJack
03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Seems like nobody can put on weight these days without leaving themselves open to ridicule.I have grown to accept it from the tabloids and the the shock-adoring media,any celebrity news is good enough for them.I would have hoped that we,as fans of Elvis,would be all too aware of the harm it can do to have your life and every move plastered across the media.For Lisa`s sake I hope that she is okay and that she isn`t suffering like her father did.So,how about we ignore these stories and photographs and stop adding fuel to the fire?

Diane
03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
(y)(y)(y) Jack! Also, we would be shocked at seeing a lot of the celebrities caught on camera without makeup etc. They are after all only human beings with on and off days.

Kelly from the one picture you may be right that she is pregnant. Hope so as she did want another child.

Diane

SweetCaroline
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Disclaimer...I have no idea if any of these links are telling a valid story.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/archive/2008/02/25/lisa-marie-presley-is-pregnant.aspx

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00014357.html

http://www.pr-inside.com/lisa-marie-pregnant-r464033.htm

http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/02/20/lisa-marie-presley-pregnant-for-the-third-time/

http://www.popcrunch.com/lisa-marie-presley-pregnant-lisa-marie-pregnant-rumors/

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Some Of Us In Our Life Have Been There An We Look--Tore Up From The Floor Up!! LOL TO YA! LISA..(y):hmm:
AND MAYBE SHE IS EXPECTING?:hmm:
P.S I REALLY WANT HER TO BE HEALTHY !(y)

Burning_Love
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
That's the newspapers for ya..

:hmm:

GraceeD1970
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Is the other guy her brother Navarone in the top pic?

john carpenter
03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
On the Howard Stern show Lisa Marie said that the tabloids and other publications have exaggerated her weight gain. She said her weight is 115lbs. to 120lbs. If she gains five pounds the tabloids doctor her photos to make her look like a school bus. To me she still is a beautifull woman. Most women claim Elvis was still handsome at 200+ pounds. Lisa Marie will always be "hot" even if she weighed 300lbs. I think she's Pregnant.. good luck Lisa Marie i still love ya.

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=john carpenter;194137]On the Howard Stern show Lisa Marie said that the tabloids and other publications have exaggerated her weight gain. She said her weight is 115lbs. to 120lbs. If she gains five pounds the tabloids doctor her photos to make her look like a school bus. To me she still is a beautifull woman. Most women claim Elvis was still handsome at 200+ pounds. Lisa Marie will always be "hot" even if she weighed 300lbs. I think she's Pregnant.. good luck Lisa Marie i still love ya.[/QUOTE
LOL* TO YA JOHN CARPENTER YOU GET A BIG AMEN!! (y)

utmom2008
03-04-2008, 02:03 PM

"pregnant".....

Case closed. ;)
The sad part of it is this....it says she is only 2 months pregnant, so it's hard to put the weight gain blame on pregnancy. I hate it for her...but at the same time I think we need to be realistic about all of this. Like it or not....she is Elvis in so many ways and this seems to be one of them. No...I don't find this funny...it is what it is. Good or bad, she seems to have a problem with her weight. Again......just like her dad did. :sad:

Diane
03-04-2008, 05:59 PM
She may have inherited the tendency to have to battle her weight like her dad Kelly but also you have to remember that she's 40 now and sometimes pregnancies at that age are more difficult. She may be retaining fluids...hope not though because if she's only 2 months along, she may be in for a hard time.

Diane

cameron
03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
IF I don't believe the picture, I sure don't believe the story. ;)
She has inherited her fathers way of trying to keep her personal life private.
I don't blame her . I'm sure she'll tell everyone if any of it's true. ..
when she gets ready.

franny
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe Lisa isn't feeling well...If, she is pregnant, why hasn't there been more publicity about it? :hmm:

I hope she's feeling okay! (y)

franny

cprimm
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Personally, I think she is pregnant, and have always said so. The article even said she's not been seen around much lately - could be why - she's made no public announcement yet......or she has already had the child and this is left over baby weight. She needs to just announce it already.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

I agree. Got to be pregnant ~ you can see the baby bump. She does not want to talk about it because it is nobody's business; that's her story and she's stickin' to it.

SweetCaroline
03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I agree. Got to be pregnant ~ you can see the baby bump. She does not want to talk about it because it is nobody's business; that's her story and she's stickin' to it.

And some ladies don't like to talk about it until they are sure they are safely going to carry the baby. I think she is pregnant and further along than is being guessed at.

utmom2008
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I think she is pregnant and further along than is being guessed at.

Remember when she was on Oprah back in August? We all thought she was pregnant then. I have had 2 babies....that is not a 2 month baby bump, unless she is giving birth to a 50 lb. baby.:supriced::supriced:

SeeSeeRider777
03-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Those are not fake IMO. She is heading down the road that Elvis was on. With the weight gain. I have no idea if she is abusing prescription drugs. In the next few months she will probably will be slim again, going on a crash diet or something. Your weight going up and down like a yo-yo is not healthy.

utmom2008
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I have no idea if she is abusing prescription drugs.

What do prescription drugs have to do with Lisa being overweight?:hmm::hmm:

SweetCaroline
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Remember when she was on Oprah back in August? We all thought she was pregnant then. I have had 2 babies....that is not a 2 month baby bump, unless she is giving birth to a 50 lb. baby.:supriced::supriced:

I totally agree. I never showed with any three of my kids until 4-5 months along.

I'LLRememberYou
03-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Personally, I too think she looks like she is expecting, which would be great cause I too have heard her say she wanted more children. But you know, if she's not ,I feel so sad for her , cause to have photos like that splashed all over the world media....I really feel for her :'(... I mean, we all know what it feels like to have a bad day, not looking so good, gained some weight....but to have it out there, for the whole world to see and ridicule....:'(...I just think thats really sad...

cameron
03-05-2008, 03:12 AM
I've read that Lisa wanted another baby too. IF she is, good for her .
May be due on her mothers birthday. ;)

I just hope she's healthy and happy .
I can't imagine living where your picture is taken at a bad moment all the time.:blink:

TotallyInsane
03-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Those are not fake IMO. She is heading down the road that Elvis was on. With the weight gain. I have no idea if she is abusing prescription drugs. In the next few months she will probably will be slim again, going on a crash diet or something. Your weight going up and down like a yo-yo is not healthy.

You are very out of line with this statement!

SeeSeeRider777
03-05-2008, 04:50 AM
You are very out of line with this statement!

How am I out of line? The title says Lisa Marie fighting her daddy's curse. C'mon, stop being so touchy.

The King's Queen
03-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Okay guys, for what it's worth, here are my two cents...:doh:

There is no doubt that Lisa is genetically predisposed to certain things...weight problems would certainly be one of those. But to me, this is NOT a big deal. :supriced: She is most likely pregnant...at least the pic from the side view looked that way. And she is entitled to going out in public without the make-up, and the stylish clothes....how many of us have chosen to go out of the house looking less than presentable??? lol..I sure have! :blush:

I really hope that she is not falling prey to the things that cut her Father's life short. I doubt that she is. Although anything is possible! But to me, this is just a bad day for her...perhaps a day when she decided to just be herself...nothing wrong with that at all! She may have gained some weight...but she doesn't appear to be seriously obese...so what's the biggie??? Let's just hope for the best for her. That is what her Daddy would want us to do....:king:

Diane
03-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Amen King's Queen, why do some always have to jump to the very worse conclusions? She does look about 4-5 months pregnant in that side view photo but her doctor also could have put her on hormones for some reason....they sure can make a person gain weight fast as well especially if you've given up smoking at the same time.

One of my doctors put me on them at age 47 as he said all women should be on them in their forties for the rest of their lives. I had also quit smoking at the same time.........for a person who never gained weight in their life, I gained 36 pounds in 5 months, felt horrible, finally threw the pills in the garbage, started smoking again and lost the weight in the same amount of months that I gained them.....sure was good to be back to myself again.:)

Diane

The King's Queen
03-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Amen King's Queen, why do some always have to jump to the very worse conclusions? She does look about 4-5 months pregnant in that side view photo but her doctor also could have put her on hormones for some reason....they sure can make a person gain weight fast as well especially if you've given up smoking at the same time.

One of my doctors put me on them at age 47 as he said all women should be on them in their forties for the rest of their lives. I had also quit smoking at the same time.........for a person who never gained weight in their life, I gained 36 pounds in 5 months, felt horrible, finally threw the pills in the garbage, started smoking again and lost the weight in the same amount of months that I gained them.....sure was good to be back to myself again.:)

Diane

ROFLMBU!! :lmfao::lmfao:

I feel your pain Diane...threw mine away too. (y) Wish I could quite the smokes...:smoke:...but no such luck yet! Oh well...guess some people just wanna think the worst, eh??? :jawdrop:

SleepyJack
03-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Give up smoking???..........I`d have to sew my mouth shut!

The King's Queen
03-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Give up smoking???..........I`d have to sew my mouth shut!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

SleepyJack
03-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Leave Lisa Marie aloooooooone!!!!!

Diane
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I quit smoking so many times I've lost count Lea...bet you have too. Should we take bets on how long Lisa will last? :lol:

Now we're on the black list for all anti-smokers - yup, we're dead!

Diane

ksimms2
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM

I agree Rosanne, she is certainly further along than 2 months. I would say she should be due anytime. I know she does not like to announce her personal business publicly.

yes when she was on oprah - oprah said, "hello mama" and she looked pregnant then too.....and that was in August? So it's been almost 7 months since then.....should be due soon if she is pregnant.

I wish her the best!

cprimm
03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Diane;194390]I quit smoking so many times I've lost count Lea...bet you have too. Should we take bets on how long Lisa will last? :lol:

Diane[/QUOTE

I'm dead too.

TotallyInsane
03-05-2008, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Diane;194390]I quit smoking so many times I've lost count Lea...bet you have too. Should we take bets on how long Lisa will last? :lol:

Diane[/QUOTE

I'm dead too.

Well, I'm right there with ya!! Guess we can expect to see a picture of us dead with a cigarette hanging out of our mouths on the front page on The Enquirer!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Diane
03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Naw Gail, we're not important enough but it could happen to poor Lisa. Seriously if she is pregnant she was wise to quit at least until her baby is born.

Diane

cprimm
03-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Naw Gail, we're not important enough but it could happen to poor Lisa. Seriously if she is pregnant she was wise to quit at least until her baby is born.

Diane

I have often wondered how a woman can quit smoking if she is pregnant or wants to get pregnant and start back smoking afterward. I guess if you want to do something bad enough, you can do it. So, I just don't want to do it.

TotallyInsane
03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
It's kinda like eatting - once you start, it's hard to quit!!

elvislady
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Here is my input, lisa will always most of the time be in the tabloid news for the wrong reasons, just the same has her father, mother, and children down the line will be. i ma sure we will soon know if she was pregnant when a baby arrives on the scene.
elvislady;)

poormansgold
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Too me this another Bad Tread... I gain weight because of My Bad Eatting Habites and I quit smoking . We or anothers can say things Bad About this they want.. it's not
change my words about lisa, She is liked us, She Bleed and She Crys and She getting older liked us, I'm 7 years older she is.
Tom

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
It's kinda like eatting - once you start, it's hard to quit!!

I am so excited......we have a board full of smokers!(y)(y) It looks like we are the majority, so when we all go to Memphis we can request smoking rooms and smoking sections in the restaurants as well. I love it...we are a band of smokers!:lol::lol::lol:(y)(y)

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I have often wondered how a woman can quit smoking if she is pregnant or wants to get pregnant and start back smoking afterward. I guess if you want to do something bad enough, you can do it. So, I just don't want to do it.

I don't know how to explain it, but I quit smoking the day I found out I was pregnant with both of my kids. Nothing was more important to me than having healthy babies, but as soon as they were born I was right back at it!:D

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
How am I out of line? The title says Lisa Marie fighting her daddy's curse. C'mon, stop being so touchy.

Yes...the title says "fighting Daddy's curse", but the instant you click on the link it is obvious what they are referring to. There just was NO need to bring drugs into this thread, and that's a big part of how rumors get started. She fight enough battles as it is...no reason to speculate on drugs.(n)(n)

LianaKaralivanou
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Yes...the title says "fighting Daddy's curse", but the instant you click on the link it is obvious what they are referring to. There just was NO need to bring drugs into this thread, and that's a big part of how rumors get started. She fight enough battles as it is...no reason to speculate on drugs.(n)(n)

Exactly! It always comes to this. Will they ever stop? :mad:

Diane
03-05-2008, 03:54 PM
No they will never stop....it's their passion to try to dig up dirt and if they can't find it...they make it up.

Diane

Broussey
03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
RUMORS has it Lisa going to be a mommy again ... CONGRATULATIONS (y)(y)

TEDDYBEAR64
03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
that seems to be the story...hope she is doing well (y)(y)

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
WELL THAT SOUNDS GREAT,BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT FROM LISA MARIE.. RUMORS HAVE BEEN GOING AROUND SINCE I WAS AT 07-ELVIS WEEK!;) AND I TOO HAVE SEEN THE PICS OF HER LATELY.:hmm:.THANKS FOR THE INFO..(y)

Getlo
03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
She's no more pregnant than I am!

If she were up the duff, there would have been an official announcement by now, most certainly.

franny
03-05-2008, 06:40 PM

If she were up the duff, there would have been an official announcement by now, most certianly.

:supriced: :lol: :lol:

Yes, true. (y) Why wouldn't there be an announcement, she has no reason to hide it....This would be happy news! (y)

franny

EP75
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM

If she were up the duff, there would have been an official announcement by now, most certianly.

You sure seem angry in the past few posts. Ever considered anger management?:lol::lol::lol:

goodelvisgirl
03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
well if she is good luck to her but hopefully they make it public soon if she is so that we are not all waiting to know but its her busines and am sure when and if she is she will tell us

SeeSeeRider777
03-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Good Lord, you cant say anything without getting someone upset. All I said was I dont know if she is using drugs. Thats all. I dont know if she has or had a drug problem. So I asked a question.

The King's Queen
03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Leave Lisa Marie aloooooooone!!!!!

OMGosh....this SO reminds me of the video on youtube...'Leave Brittney alone!'....lol...:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I quit smoking so many times I've lost count Lea...bet you have too. Should we take bets on how long Lisa will last? :lol:

Diane

Good grief, if I had a nickel for every time I've sworn off...we could ALL go to Memphis on ME!!! :lmfao: :blush:

cameron
03-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Like "the Graceland makeover ",
I'll wait until someone that really knows makes the announcement. ;)

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 10:07 PM

;);) :lol::lol: (y)(y)

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 10:08 PM
You sure seem angry in the past few posts. Ever considered anger management?:lol::lol::lol:

You accuse others of trying to start trouble??:hmm::hmm:
Amazing......;)

The King's Queen
03-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Amazing......;)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Good Lord, you cant say anything without getting someone upset. All I said was I dont know if she is using drugs. Thats all. I dont know if she has or had a drug problem. So I asked a question.

I guess we all missed the question part.;) When you speculated on prescription drugs you got everyone's attention.;)

Dudcowboy_1
03-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Why they haven't announced it is one because she's in her 40s or almost. So she having high risk pregnancy and as most of you woman know 1st term is hardest (or that's where most miscarages happen).

That's why J-Lo waited because her's was high risk also with Twins and her age.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

Diane
03-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I agree with Tim's opinion. If Lisa is pregnant she is at the age where it is high risk and may be waiting to see if she will be able to carry full term. I guess we'll know one way or the other sooner or later. :)

Diane

TotallyInsane
03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
[/B]

I guess we all missed the question part.;) When you speculated on prescription drugs you got everyone's attention.;)

But, to answer the question we missed - NO SHE'S NOT ON DRUGS - PRESCRIPTION OR OTHERWISE.

Dudcowboy_1
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Right, I mean why would she go on TV and say she is pregnant and then *knock on wood this does not happen* two days or two months later she miscarries the child?

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

ksimms2
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I am so excited......we have a board full of smokers!(y)(y) It looks like we are the majority, so when we all go to Memphis we can request smoking rooms and smoking sections in the restaurants as well. I love it...we are a band of smokers!:lol::lol::lol:(y)(y)

nope, not me....never started smoking. (n)

Rosanne, I showed the photo you sent me to my co-worker - she said to tell you that you have a beautiful family. I was bragging on you (and Laurie)...

Tony Trout
03-06-2008, 09:39 AM

Agreed, Getlo. If she was, I'm sure that an announcement would have already been made...if she is, I wish her the best. If she isn't, I'm going to obsess over it.

Amazing......;)

*snort* Good post, Rosanne! :lol::lol::lol:

KPM
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
My wife and I were getting groceries and the Enquirer had a small picture of Lisa and had a headline something like-Surprize prenancy for Lisa at 40. Anyone read this or hear this anywhere else?

Tony Trout
03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
There are unconfirmed reports that Lisa may or may not be pregnant. It's been around for a few weeks, actually.

ksimms2
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
lol KPM......we've all been discussing this now for a few days....ever since some rag mag posted some very unflattering pics of her - comparing her to her dad - it did not say she was pregnant - just fat....very nasty words. Then another web site www.tmz.com posted one of the same pics saying "a very pregnant Lisa Marie looking like Kirstie Alley".....so they atleast said pregnant.

Unfortunately, Lisa Marie has not made any public announcements yet. However her myspace page is filling up with good luck comments to her (one from me too) so hopefully she'll make an announcement.

Check back in the threads and you'll see the actual pics.....not very flattering - but who says she has to dress to the nines every day? Give the girl a break - ya know?

utmom2008
03-06-2008, 01:48 PM
lol KPM......we've all been discussing this now for a few days....

Actually Kelly...we have been discussing this off and on for a few months!:P

cprimm
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=utmom2008;194837]Actually Kelly...we have been discussing this off and on for a few months!:P[/QUOTE

Really ~ since last August from the 30th Anniversary Concert in Memphis! If it was true then, it won't be much longer until the truth is known.

ksimms2
03-06-2008, 02:59 PM
yes you guys are correct - since last August.....lol......I wish she'd just go ahead and announce it. She should be due about now shouldn't she if she was pregnant in august? I keep thinking about that though. the dates......

KPM
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Heres a link to an intesting article on this subject.
http://www.cele*****y.com/9856/is_lisa_marie_presley_pregnant/
Heres another tidbit on this subject:
Lisa Marie Presley is pregnant! Reports are that Elvis' baby girl is pregnant with her third child - this according to Australia's Daily Telegraph. Presley is on her fouth husband, Michael Lockwood, a musician and this will be their first child together.

Lisa,40, and has two teenagers - her daughter Danielle Riley, a model and son Benjamin Keough - their father is Presley's first husband Danny Keough. Let's not forget that Lisa was once Mrs. Michael Jackson. She never had a kid with him. Thank goodness for small miracles.

Lisa's rep has declined to comment on the pregnancy - of course - but that doesn't mean we don't believe it! Let's watch for that baby bump.

Presley's mom, Priscilla will be one of the contestants on ABC's Dancing With The Stars.

KPM
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Heres a link to an article on this subject:
http://www.cele*****y.com/9856/is_lisa_marie_presley_pregnant/

and heres another one I found in whole:
LISA MARIE PRESLEY is pregnant with her first child with husband MICHAEL LOCKWOOD, according to reports. The 40-year-old daughter of late rock legend Elvis Presley conceived two months ago, friends tell the National Enquirer. A pal tells the tabloid it's Presley's second pregnancy since she married musical director Lockwood in 2006, but she suffered a miscarriage. The friend says, "She's two months pregnant. We're praying Lisa makes it all the way. "Lisa says another child will make her life with Michael complete. Right after her miscarriage, she and Michael began trying again to have a baby." Presley has two teenage children from her marriage to Danny Keogh: Riley, 18 and 15-year-old Benjamin.

Diane
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Well that would explain what happened to her after August of last year. If this is for real, I sure hope she carries to term this time without problems.

Thanks for posting KPM

Diane

utmom2008
03-06-2008, 09:28 PM
nope, not me....never started smoking. (n)

Rosanne, I showed the photo you sent me to my co-worker - she said to tell you that you have a beautiful family. I was bragging on you (and Laurie)...

Awwww....thank you Kelly!(y)(y) That was so nice...I needed a pick-me-up! :D

jatta-tcb
03-07-2008, 12:50 AM
blog on her myspace: (www.myspace.com/lisamariepresley)

Confirmation under the gun.

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant.
Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight. Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight. The US tabloids have been calling all day wanting confirmation on all kinds of insane theories.
They couldn't wait to find out if my weight gain was because I was just overeating, in which case It would be open season and they can do the old following in her fathers sad and unfortunate demise story again or less interesting for them and probably much to their dismay, I could just be pregnant and therefore have a legitimate reason for weight gain at which point they should probably wipe the saliva off of their fangs and put them back in their mouths or they may expose the black little souls that they are.
Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets.
It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.
How they have handled themselves with this has been nothing short of irresponsible and disgusting.
Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well.
Sincerely,
~LMP

...congratulations (y)(y)

Nicole Presley
03-07-2008, 02:09 AM
I hope that it´s true!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck, Lisa. I hope it´s a girl! :clap:

jatta-tcb
03-07-2008, 02:11 AM
I hope that it´s true!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck, Lisa. I hope it´s a girl! :clap:
yes it's true...read my thread :lol:

congratulations Lisa (y)(y)

TotallyInsane
03-07-2008, 04:08 AM
So happy for the both of them!!!

ksimms2
03-07-2008, 04:17 AM
FINALLY! Now everyone debating on her weight can go take a flying leap.......leave the girl alone already.

Congratulations to Lisa and Michael....

The King's Queen
03-07-2008, 04:50 AM
So it is confirmed...Congrats to Lisa. (y)

cameron
03-07-2008, 05:41 AM
God bless Lisa !! (y) I thought if anyone could tell them; she could !! :lol:

I hope all goes well and she has a safe delivery and a beautiful baby .
Why doesn't the media leave people alone?

President Presley
03-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Source: National Enquirer

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/06/lisa-marie-presley-blows-up/

Here ye! Here ye! Another grandchild of the late great Elvis Presley will soon be brought into the world! That's right folks, if you believe the National Enquirer, darling Lisa Marie Presley is allegedly pregnant with her third child. The National Enquirer first reported that Lisa Marie wanted to get pregnant pronto after marrying Michael Lockwood. Now they are claiming that our girl Lisa was already pregnant when she got hitched in January. Friends say when Lisa found out the news, she decided she wanted to get married right away instead of having a Spring wedding as originally planned. She is said to be three months pregnant and due in September. Maybe she will give the baby a Japanese name, just like she had a Japanese wedding. Congratulations Lisa!!

Burning_Love
03-07-2008, 06:23 AM
YAY :clap: I am happy for her, she has done the right thing by finally letting us know :notworthy.
I wish her the best of luck and hope she has a happy and healthy baby :D

Diane
03-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Thank you for posting Jatta. I'm very happy for Lisa....poor lady, she's been hounded by the media all her life. Hope now that she has revealed her pregnancy they will leave her alone for a while.

Diane

Tommy
03-07-2008, 06:41 AM
I wonder if this is really from Lisa.:hmm:

Getlo
03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
horribly manipulated pictures

Yeah, sure Lisa. Riii-ii-iii-ii-ght ... Manipulated. :rolleyes:

She is just too funny. ;)

jatta-tcb
03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
sure it is...if it is from her official myspace :D and she often writes blogs there

Palli1
03-07-2008, 06:50 AM
It's from her - it's posted on her Myspace blog.

Yeah, sure Lisa. Riii-ii-iii-ii-ght ... Manipulated. :rolleyes:

She is just too funny. ;)

I was also going to question that statement of hers - and boy, a whole text from Lisa without cursing, maybe she's growing into a lady.

...and a little off topic - is any mod following our ip's? ;)

Erhan
03-07-2008, 07:20 AM
http://www.gaxxi.com/elviszone/

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.gaxxi.com/elviszone/

Lisa posted 'bout these horrible manipulated photos on her blog on her MySpace...suffice it to say that she's not a happy woman....

I say we all calm down and let the lady enjoy her pregnancy...let's cut her some slack...

Here's what she posted on her blog....I've seen it in other groups and mesageboards so I suppose it's ok to post here...if not the Mods can remove my post:

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant.
Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight. Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight. The US tabloids have been calling all day wanting confirmation on all kinds of insane theories.
They couldn't wait to find out if my weight gain was because I was just overeating, in which case It would be open season and they can do the old following in her fathers sad and unfortunate demise story again or less interesting for them and probably much to their dismay, I could just be pregnant and therefore have a legitimate reason for weight gain at which point they should probably wipe the saliva off of their fangs and put them back in their mouths or they may expose the black little souls that they are.
Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets.
It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.
How they have handled themselves with this has been nothing short of irresponsible and disgusting.
Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well.

Sincerely,
~LMP

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 07:34 AM
YAY :clap: I am happy for her, she has done the right thing by finally letting us know :notworthy.

Actually, even though she's a celebrity and in the public eye, it's still at her discretion whether she announces her pregnancy to us or not....she's not under any obligation to announce it.

Yes, it's from her.

Lisa's Blog Post Regarding Pregnancy (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42291868&blogID=364657165)

Erhan
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Thank You Tony...

Lisa posted 'bout these horrible manipulated photos on her blog on her MySpace...suffice it to say that she's not a happy woman....

I say we all calm down and let the lady enjoy her pregnancy...let's cut her some slack...

Here's what she posted on her blog....I've seen it in other groups and mesageboards so I suppose it's ok to post here...if not the Mods can remove my post:

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-07-2008, 07:55 AM
THANKS.....:hmm::hmm:

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 08:08 AM
THANKS.....:hmm::hmm:

if you're wondering if that's from Lisa, yes it is. I went to her MySpace to check as to it's accuracy.

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
if you're wondering if that's from Lisa, yes it is. I went to her MySpace to check as to it's accuracy.
THANK YOU......

ph10579
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
She's due in the fall. I don't know what month?

TotallyInsane
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Sometime September.

ksimms2
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Well that would explain what happened to her after August of last year. If this is for real, I sure hope she carries to term this time without problems.

Thanks for posting KPM

Diane

Sure does Diane, I was wondering if that is what happened - I wish her so much luck....no wonder she waited to announce it - if she miscarried before.....so sad....

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 09:03 AM
She's due in the fall. I don't know what month?

As long as she has a safe pregnancy and healthy child, it doesn't matter to me what time of year she has it....

Diane
03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
You've earned the right to jump up and down and yell "I knew it I knew it" Kelly.:lol: and I'm so glad you were right. Now maybe all the rotten articles about her will stop.

Diane

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 09:40 AM
You've earned the right to jump up and down and yell "I knew it I knew it" Kelly.:lol: and I'm so glad you were right. Now maybe all the rotten articles about her will stop.

Diane

Nope, they won't stop. She's in the public eye...until she's no longer in the public eye, these kinds of stories will continue.

Burning_Love
03-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Actually, even though she's a celebrity and in the public eye, it's still at her discretion whether she announces her pregnancy to us or not....she's not under any obligation to announce it.

Yes, it's from her.

Lisa's Blog Post Regarding Pregnancy (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42291868&blogID=364657165)

What I mean't was, she finally set the record straight. Then there will be NO more rumours and people arguing over it (y)

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
What I mean't was, she finally set the record straight. Then there will be NO more rumours and people arguing over it (y)

True. I apologize if I took your post another way....:blush::blush:

utmom2008
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Sometime September.

I hope it's a boy and I hope he looks just like GrandDad. Let's see...when he is 20 I will be....????? I don't think we will be too old...do you Gail?:lol::lol:

Broussey
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Thursday, March 06, 2008

Sincerely,
~LMP

I cant believe in this day in age you cant put weigh on without back lash
and what make me even more angry is they compare her to Elvis's weight gain i forgot that if your a famous person you have to look perfect at all time you cant be human , i hope that she can have a wonderful pregnancy without any problems but hey i must be crazy for thinking that in this day and age we cant let anyone enjoy anything without hurtful comments

ANYWAY I SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO LISA AND MICHEAL :clap:

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
There's already a thread concerning this....

LianaKaralivanou
03-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I can completely understand her bitterness and anger. Sometimes I say to myself "Thank God I'm not famous!!" ;) I pray that everything goes well for Lisa and her husband. (y)

Broussey
03-07-2008, 11:03 AM
There's already a thread concerning this....

well i could not find it so i guess the will be 2

Tony Trout
03-07-2008, 12:24 PM
well i could not find it so i guess the will be 2

Here ya go:

Lisa Marie Pregnant (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=19372&highlight=Lisa+Pregnant)

presley31
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
great stuff for lisa, glad she said something and kelly you were right on the money there.

cprimm
03-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I am glad she finally said something about the pregnancy. Puts all the rumors to rest.

TMZ has a video of Lisa and Micheal. The title (get this) "I'm Preggers...Not Fat!"

http://www.tmz.com/

You have to scroll down the page to find it.

I'LLRememberYou
03-07-2008, 03:11 PM
That's great news !....:clap: Congratulations to Lisa and Michael.

TLC67
03-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Who cares how much another person weighs or looks? Probably only insecure or immature jerks.
CONGRATS LISA AND MICHAEL!!

utmom2008
03-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Some of us are thinking of throwing you a baby shower...;)

cameron
03-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Ok, on this one I had to laugh. :lmfao:
A special baby must have a special present.

cprimm
03-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Good quote. Enjoyed that one.

SweetCaroline
03-07-2008, 06:40 PM

:lol::lmfao::lol::lmfao::lol::lmfao::lol:

franny
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Who cares how much another person weighs or looks? Probably only insecure or immature jerks.
CONGRATS LISA AND MICHAEL!!

You're so right!! (y) (y)

Congratulations to Lisa and Michael!! Best wishes to them!! :) (y)

franny

GirlHappy19
03-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Lisa Marie Presley blasts media
Sat Mar 8, 2008 1:07am GMT Email | Print | Share| Single Page| Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]
1 of 1Full SizeLOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer Lisa Marie Presley, the only daughter of Elvis Presley, blasted the media on Friday for what she called "degrading stories" and "manipulated pictures" that forced her to go public with her pregnancy.

"Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight," Presley, 40, wrote on her blog at MySpace.com.

"Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight," she added.

On Thursday, People magazine cited Presley's publicist as saying the singer was pregnant and expecting a child in the fall with her fourth husband, musician Michael Lockwood, 46, and that the two were "incredibly overjoyed."

The story was confirmation of the pregnancy after weeks of stories and pictures in various publications speculating on her weight gain.

In a MySpace posting entitled "confirmation under the gun," Presley writes that the tabloid stories forced her to "show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant."

"Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, you KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well," Presley added.

Presley already has an 18-year-old daughter and a 15-year-old son from her first marriage to musician to Danny Keough. After that union ended in 1994, she briefly married Michael Jackson and then actor Nicolas Cage.

Presley is following in the musical footsteps of her father, who died in 1977. She is working on her third album, and last year released a version of Elvis' "In the Ghetto," in which she did a duet with her dad.

(Reporting by Bob Tourtellotte; editing by Todd Eastham)

Broussey
03-07-2008, 09:03 PM
As i have been reading some of the post's i am getting angry :angry: She flipping pregnant my god i guess some of you have never known anyone to get bigger like what the hell she doesn't have a problem SHES HAVING A BABY !!!!!!!! GIVE IT UP And i am not trying to be rude

TotallyInsane
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
????????????????????????????????

utmom2008
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
????????????????????????????????

SweetCaroline
03-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I hope it's a boy and I hope he looks just like GrandDad. Let's see...when he is 20 I will be....????? I don't think we will be too old...do you Gail?:lol::lol:

:lmfao::lol::lmfao::lol::lmfao::lol::lmfao:

elsierock
03-09-2008, 03:00 AM
OMG~I can't believe she is Lisa.

KPM
03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

mistymorning
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm happy to hear that a baby is going to be added to elvis family ! I hope he is a healthy boy who looks like Elvis ! I'm impatient to see his/her pictures !!:D

Tony Trout
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Hasn't anyone told you that your font is......too fat :lol::lol::lol: ;)

I was gonna say.....

hounddog
03-10-2008, 02:34 PM
there was an article in our Sunday paper saying that Lisa Marie has announced she's pregnant. Link to Lisa's announcement
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42291868&blogID=364657165

MissyM
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok so you all know she announced the pregnancy on her myspace right? Says she's about 3 months along. Due in the fall.

Ok houndog- you beat me to it. I personally think she is furthur along to fool the press.

MissyM
03-10-2008, 07:25 PM
And I guess she us not happy and suing because of some of the stories.
http://www.congoo.com/news/2008March10/Lisa-Marie-Presley-pregnant-proud

Getlo
03-10-2008, 07:37 PM
And I guess she us not happy and suing because of some of the stories.

I've been laughing about that all day.

Suing, yet! Please ...

I have a feeling it's half lawyer bluster and half hormone explosion from her.

She'd be laughed out of court.

I'll be very surprised if she and the lawyers bother to actually go ahead with this suit.

The King's Queen
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Too funny Rosanne!! Shall we buy pink or blue??? :blink:

utmom2008
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok so you all know she announced the pregnancy on her myspace right? Says she's about 3 months along. Due in the fall.

Ok houndog- you beat me to it. I personally think she is furthur along to fool the press.

For her sake I hope she is further along than 3 months. If not, she must be delivering the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys.:P

Broussey
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
YOUR SOOOO FUNNY
Hasn't anyone told you that your font is......too fat :lol::lol::lol: ;)

The King's Queen
03-11-2008, 05:25 AM

Suing, yet! Please ...

I'll be very surprised if she and the lawyers bother to actually go ahead with this suit.

Well Getlo, regardless of whether or not she does go forth with a lawsuit, I can understand why she was upset by the negative press.

Apparently lots of people took the same approach to her weight gain that you yourself took...disbelief in a possible pregnancy. BTW...when are you due??? :lmfao:;):P

But I really don't think that her 'rantings' if you choose to call them that, are a direct result of either horomones or lawyer blusterings...I'd say that it stems from having to grow up under the negative press directed toward her father about his weight and unhealthy lifestyle. I'd say, most likely, that is a sore spot for her...and I, for one, can understand why it would be. :blink:

4THEHEART
03-11-2008, 05:40 AM
as far as I can undesrtand, anything normal for a 40 years old pregnant woman,including weight gain and swelling from fluid accumulation,now is a crime because she is a Presley..nothing changed since Elvis,cruelty and the appetite to find something wrong with these people is still popular..at least females should've known that! even pm syndroms changes a woman's look for a few days..awfully pathetic that media and some people who enjoy that crap..

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Can we please stick to the topic and not get personal, if you disagree with someones comments you need to respond without sarcasm ;)

MissyM
03-11-2008, 06:04 AM
She is in the public eye, it happens, what do these celebs expect. There is always that trade off. Lies, no that's wrong, speculation is not in that category. (which is what they did-speculate)Not respecting their personal space, yep that's wrong, but these pictures are not close up. You can tell they were taken by using a telephoto lens. So her space wasn't violated. It is not illegal to take a picture of someone out in public. (or every media source could be sued) And we'd have no rag mags either. So I just don't see where she has a case.

john carpenter
03-11-2008, 06:17 AM
I saw the "fat photos",and i for one understand why Lisa wants to sue. It's defamation of character. You can't believe everything you read. I believed she was pregnant after she stayed out of the spotlight for a while. As i've posted before.. Good luck Lisa Marie, i love ya and maybe just maybe the tabloids wil tred lightly next time. (Not)

cameron
03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
There are some that just delight in talking about and making fun of others.
Is it their own insecurities that they feel a need for this?
The media are the worst ; especially tabloids.
Would anyone like their personal life recorded and publicly displayed ?
I don't think any of us could pass "the sqeaky clean" test.
To excuse that kind of ridicule and hurt ; one should be ready to expose their own life IMO.

I don't think Lisa would win this lawsuit; but I can't hoping she would . (y)

Diane
03-11-2008, 07:43 AM
(y)(y)(y) Tabloids are always slandering with "doctored" photos, twisted truths and downright lies...I say down with them! (n)

Diane

MissyM
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Cameron, where are going to draw the line though when it comes to freedom of the press. I mean we'd have to vamp the whole law! No it's not nice at all, but the freedom of speech is in place for a reason.

cameron
03-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Cameron, where are going to draw the line though when it comes to freedom of the press. I mean we'd have to vamp the whole law! No it's not nice at all, but the freedom of speech is in place for a reason.

I don't think we have "freedom of the press" now.
Is it more important to slander people or to allow the things going on in our government to be released??
There are lot of things done using "freedom of speech" that IMO, was never what that was meant for.

MissyM
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I completely agree with your last line. It is a shame at times that it can be mean-spirited.

SleepyJack
03-11-2008, 09:34 AM
When did a member of the Presley clan last give birth to twins?.........I`m NOT starting more rumours...I just got a sneaky feeling that.....!!!

cameron
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
When did a member of the Presley clan last give birth to twins?.........I`m NOT starting more rumours...I just got a sneaky feeling that.....!!!

Elvis and Jesse ?? It many times skips a generation .
:hmm: That's a good point.

SleepyJack
03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah...That`s about the only case of twins that I know of in the family.Hmmmm....now that would be an interesting development.Either way,hope it all goes well for her.

utmom2008
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Elvis and Jesse ?? It many times skips a generation .
:hmm: That's a good point.

Yes, it often skips a generation, but doesn't the "twin gene" come down through the Mom's side?? :hmm::king::hmm:

utmom2008
03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
She is in the public eye, it happens, what do these celebs expect. There is always that trade off. Lies, no that's wrong, speculation is not in that category. (which is what they did-speculate)Not respecting their personal space, yep that's wrong, but these pictures are not close up. You can tell they were taken by using a telephoto lens. So her space wasn't violated. It is not illegal to take a picture of someone out in public. (or every media source could be sued) And we'd have no rag mags either. So I just don't see where she has a case.

I pretty well agree with you Missy. Yes, I can understand her frustration with the media, yet she has to know that it comes with the territory of being Elvis Presley's only child. These celebs have to know that when they venture out in public looking their absolute worst that more than likely they are going to be tomorrow's headline. No one can blame her for the weight gain...depending on how far along she is.:doh: But...had she put on a little makeup and primped just a bit the pics would not look as bad as they do. She needs to follow in the footsteps of us Texas girls....don't go out with out makeup on...you never know when you might end up on the 10 o'clock news.:supriced::supriced:

KPM
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Suing, yet! Please ...

If they claimed she was definitely overweight and not pregnant-she has a case.

KPM
03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
There are still laws which protect everyone from slander (or libel) and from out and out lies for profit.
Carol Burnett sued and won in the late 70s when the Enquirer claimed she was drunk or on drugs in public. She is a tee-totaller because her mother was an alcoholic-they insinuated she was like her mom. She won.
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/B/htmlB/burnettcaro/burnettcaro.htm
Burnett-as-performer is also known as Burnett-the-Crusader: in 1981, she won a lawsuit against The National Enquirer tabloid, which had slandered her in 1976 with an article suggesting that she was drunk and rowdy at a gathering of celebrities and international political figures.

MissyM
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Please state where they slandered her? Please state where they lied. They had no idea she was pregnant. That information was given after the fact. Therefore you can hold them responsible!

Getlo
03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
If they claimed she was definitely overweight and not pregnant-she has a case.

You must be kidding.

If the tabloids claimed she was overweight ... just look at the pictures. She is overweight! The article also speculated on a possible pregnancy, so there is no case to answer.

Lisa would be stupid to pursue this. She's already a joke; this would only add fuel to the fire.

Getlo
03-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Please state where they slandered her?

Just to be pedantic, if she was to sue, it would have to be for libel.

Libel is when something is written; slander is when something is actually said.

"The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action."

TotallyInsane
03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/DancingElvis.gif

TotallyInsane
03-11-2008, 06:17 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii118/SilverGirl2008/elvis.gif

TotallyInsane
03-11-2008, 06:40 PM
this is another attempt.

LianaKaralivanou
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Gail, are you trying to tell us something?? :D :lol:

Broussey
03-11-2008, 06:44 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/DancingElvis.gif

LOVE THIS!!(y)(y)

KPM
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
You must be kidding.

If the tabloids claimed she was overweight ... just look at the pictures. She is overweight! The article also speculated on a possible pregnancy, so there is no case to answer.

Lisa would be stupid to pursue this. She's already a joke; this would only add fuel to the fire.
I will admit I have not read the article-nor intend to. But her lawyers have. As to the pictures proving she is overweight-she is pregnant and a 25 to 40 pound gain is expected so this is a normal expectation for a pregnant woman. If she were not gaining-something would not be right-so medically her body is doing what its suppose to do (if she was not gaining the baby would not be growing as it should)
I think she has the right to pursue any legal action she and her lawyers feel is appropriate. Just because you are in the public eye does not negate your rights as a person. If she wants to sue-and her lawyers have advised her she can-she should. I do not see her as a joke-she is a human who has rights just like you and me. No one tells you or me how to exercise our rights-she deserves the same options. I know many want to say celebrities give up certain rights-but there are limits.
Its been reported she miscarried not long ago-if she miscarried again due to the stress and duress of this article-should she then just turn the other cheek? Or would that be enough suffering to allow her the right to sue? I just think she and her legal team should be allowed the right to decide what is a sueable situation like the rest of us. The only difference is we are not going to be second, third and fourth guessed on our every move.

Since I am not in her unique position in life I will not judge what she should or should not do. I could not understand who she is-anymore than she could understand who I am.

KPM
03-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Just to be pedantic, if she was to sue, it would have to be for libel.

Libel is when something is written; slander is when something is actually said.
"The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action."
Correct absolutely. I used the wrong word earlier my apologies.
I'm not going to argue this point-you and others don't think she should sue, fine.
I am not of that opinion, she has the right with legal advice to decide what she should or should not do concerning her situations-as everyone in a free society does. That is my opinion.

utmom2008
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM

In what way do you feel like she is a joke??:hmm:

Getlo
03-12-2008, 07:02 AM
In what way do you feel like she is a joke??:hmm:

Her musical career for a start. The only reason she got a record contract was because of her last name. It is genuinely unbelievable that she was given the go-ahead for a second album, let alone a first one. And now there's talk of a third?!!

Additionally, she is one of the all-too-numerous "famous for being famous" people out there, and the child of a celebrity. Not her fault of course, but that's just the way it is.

If she pursues this, her minuscule credibility will be destroyed, no matter what the outcome.

And can't you just hear it now: if she goes ahead with legal action - "Suuuu - iiiiii- eeeee ... !"

4THEHEART
03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
as always, Getlo hates..nothing new..if Elvis was alive today,guess he'd be overly happy reading how some of his fans insulting his child..then again people wouldn't have been so bold if he was here ??;)

cameron
03-12-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.photosecrets.com/law.publicity.html

The Right to Publicity is an outgrowth of the Right to Privacy, the fourth category of which is "appropriation of identity." The term was first introduced in 1953:

"We think that, in addition to and independent of that right of privacy ... a man has a right in the publicity value of his photograph, i.e., the right to grant the exclusive privilege of publishing his picture ... For it is common knowledge that many prominent persons ... far from having their feelings bruised through public exposure of their likenesses, would feel sorely deprived if they no longer received money for authorizing advertisements."

-- Judge Jerome Frank, Haelen v Topps, 1953

"One who appropriates to his own use or benefit the name or likeness of another is subject to liability to the other for invasion of privacy."

-- Restatement (Second) of Torts, 652C, American Law Institute.

Publicity is similar to copyright, where a person's identity is the artwork, and emphasis is placed on the degree of commercial use.

Getlo
03-12-2008, 07:41 AM
as always, Getlo hates..nothing new..if Elvis was alive today,guess he'd be overly happy reading how some of his fans insulting his child..then again people wouldn't have been so bold if he was here ??;)

And, as always, your sniping and your posts are like water off a duck's back. Meaningless.

I am a fan of Elvis. Unlike some people (you, presumably) I do not believe it should be compulsory for me or anyone to be an autoamtic fan of his spawn at the same time. Lisa is one of those "celebrities" that take up way too much space in the world.

And I really couldn't give a you-know-what about what Elvis may have thought about any of my opinions.

4THEHEART
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
if there was a just force to decide who takes up too much space on earth,we'd see the results for sure..but once again you think you are the one to decide this and label a person easily..meaning is nothing when you can't get it..I also don't like the word fan..but love and respect has the greatest meaning in my book.. these two can be felt for anyone or anything on this earth you don't have to be a relative or even the same kind(species)..and gives you some sort of a responsibility in your behaviour..I'm no fan of any of Elvis's relative's ,yet I don't see a point to attack or insult them just because they are rich or famous.I can critic and let them know if any of them hurt Elvis's memory..this is something totally different than hating automatically and bashing them for the sake of hurting someone's feelings and destroying their ego..and this is what I find meaningless in your posts.

SleepyJack
03-12-2008, 09:29 AM
The whole bitter,angry,moaning symphony is becoming REALLY old at this stage......Fair enough when you have disagreements or you are upset at something..we all feel that sometimes...but ALL the time?........Let`s get some money together and get our unhappy friend a nice teddy bear to soften him up a bit....go on man....give Mr. Cuddles a big hug...you`ll feel better for it.

4THEHEART
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
aawwww..dear Sleepy..:Dthanks for the positive post,sweet as your avatar..this is what I'm fed up also but this is beyond disagreement..one not always get upset or hurt for his/her very ownself,but why we are here is a man who gave his all, been kind to people,kept his smile for everyone even through the hardest days of his life,never judged persons as many people did to him,and became a nice example of a human kind made of flesh and blood..well that calls a little more respect at least from people who calls themselves fans..I'm not happy to have to post that way and don't feel well,cause once the negativity is being spread around it's a hard task to see a light in everything else..again what I long for is respect for that man who really deserves..afterall,we owe him our happy moments..

Gary1
03-12-2008, 11:14 AM
And, as always, your sniping and your posts are like water off a duck's back. Meaningless.

Well there a turn up for the books.I was just about to say the same thing about All your posts.And before you ask why do i read them then i read them just to see how much lower you can go.

KPM
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Her musical career for a start. The only reason she got a record contract was because of her last name. It is genuinely unbelievable that she was given the go-ahead for a second album, let alone a first one. And now there's talk of a third?!!

Additionally, she is one of the all-too-numerous "famous for being famous" people out there, and the child of a celebrity. Not her fault of course, but that's just the way it is.

If she pursues this, her minuscule credibility will be destroyed, no matter what the outcome.

And can't you just hear it now: if she goes ahead with legal action - "Suuuu - iiiiii- eeeee ... !"
I agree her contract was because of he last name-but not that she has no talent. She has a pretty fair voice (although when she sings live she is not as good) Her songwriting is also pretty good. She also has to put up with the constant comparison to her "one of a kind father" (which most new young performers do not have to worry about) and the constant critics of anything and everything she does which does not meet their approval. So I think its fair to say for every "in" her name gives her-there are just as many pitfalls.

The King's Queen
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
The whole bitter,angry,moaning symphony is becoming REALLY old at this stage......Fair enough when you have disagreements or you are upset at something..we all feel that sometimes...but ALL the time?........Let`s get some money together and get our unhappy friend a nice teddy bear to soften him up a bit....go on man....give Mr. Cuddles a big hug...you`ll feel better for it.

Pass the hat my way Jack...I'll pitch in a few bucks! :lmfao::lmfao:

cameron
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENTS OUR SPECIALITY

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/doctorbear_fazendin_small1.jpg

utmom2008
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

utmom2008
03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Pass the hat my way Jack...I'll pitch in a few bucks! :lmfao::lmfao:

Wait....does this mean we are NOT bringing back the "all I got from Memphis" T-shirts???:supriced::supriced:

Getlo
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
but once again you think you are the one to decide this and label a person easily.

"Once again, Getlo hates" - Hmmm. Sorry, who's labelling whom? ;)

I'm no fan of any of Elvis's relative's ,yet I don't see a point to attack or insult them just because they are rich or famous... automatically and bashing them for the sake of hurting someone's feelings and destroying their ego..and this is what I find meaningless in your posts.

Suggesting Lisa only has a recording contract because of her last name is not an insult.

Let's see ... if I was going to insult Lisa ... I'd call her a spoilt, ungrateful, foul-mouthed, unfeminine human being who needs a swift kick in the a-s-s, and an embarrassment to the Presley name.

In other words, 4THEART, if I'm going to slam Lisa, I'll do it directly. Do not presume to read any other meaning into what was an innocuous - and non-insulting - post, and one which was the result of someone asking why I thought Lisa was a joke.

Getlo
03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Well there a turn up for the books.I was just about to say the same thing about All your posts.And before you ask why do i read them then i read them just to see how much lower you can go.

You're only on here every once in a while, an it's always amusing. :) :yawn:

Take a leaf out of KPM's book on how to respond rationally to a post.

As for Lisa, you and 4THEHEART make it sound as if I wish her ill. I don't; far from it. I simply think she, at times, does as much damage to Elvis' image with her carryings on.

And for those suggesting I'm angry about anything ... well, back to Psych101 for a refresh, you could not be farther from the truth.

Until next time ... keep smiling! :)

4THEHEART
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Until next time ... keep smiling! :)

hey you're right,between your posts are the only chance for us to smile..:lol:

The King's Queen
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Wait....does this mean we are NOT bringing back the "all I got from Memphis" T-shirts???:supriced::supriced:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Wellllll....I still think the 'Does not play well with others' t-shirt is most appropriate! :hmm: Maybe we could just buy one of the 'all I got from Memphis' ones and put them on the bear...:blink::lmfao:

utmom2008
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
In other words, 4THEART, if I'm going to slam Lisa, I'll do it directly. Do not presume to read any other meaning into what was an innocuous - and non-insulting - post, and one which was the result of someone asking why I thought Lisa was a joke.

Yes...that was me that asked you that question. I didn't ask it to try and start WWIII....I honestly wanted to know what you thought of her.:blink:;)

cameron
03-13-2008, 05:36 AM
PREGNANT AND PROUD (y)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=529148&in_page_id=1773

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/LisaMarieEAGLE_468x728.jpg

The King's Queen
03-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Great pic and article cameron! (y) Man...is she supposed to only be three months??? :blink: If so, it could very well be twins...she sure is showing quite a bit for the first trimester...:hmm:

Merry
03-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Let's hope Lisa has the last say, with regard to how many months along she is ( ;) ) and sticks it to them! (y)

Diane
03-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Now this is a vastly more decent picture of her than the last few that were posted and I'm sure much more realistic. (y) Thanks Cameron.

Diane

LianaKaralivanou
03-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Lisa and I'm happy for her but I was just wondering, if Lisa looks like this in the first three months, then how is she gonna be when she reaches the ninth month?? She's quite big now.

MissyM
03-13-2008, 07:27 AM
There are a few sets of twins in the family so twins are a possiblity.

cameron
03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
I think she looks further along too. As Missy says; there's twins in the family.
Or maybe she just doesn't want anyone to know her due date.
Don't you know everyone will be trying to get the first pictures of that baby??
Just think if we had to go in the hospital and have to watch out for photographers. How could that poor girl relax?? :blink:

Alessia
03-13-2008, 07:56 AM
The Star (for those who aren't American, the Star is a tabloid, so take this with a grain of salt) is reporting that she's having twins, and that one is a boy. If they can tell the sex, she's past 16-20 weeks.

I'm not sure about the rest of it, but I do think she's more than 3 months along.

utmom2008
03-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I can not believe no one has mentioned HER SHOES...;) Good gosh..if she turns an ankle, that baby could be in trouble.;)

ksimms2
03-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Great pic and article cameron! (y) Man...is she supposed to only be three months??? :blink: If so, it could very well be twins...she sure is showing quite a bit for the first trimester...:hmm:

Lea, someone just posted an article on my other yahoo Elvis group saying she is in fact having twins. Not sure of their source though - but one is a boy according to a sonogram. I can post the article here if you'd like - but I don't know the source and how reliable it is - supposedly a neighbor of theirs or something...?

ksimms2
03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
http://www.starmagazine.com/

SleepyJack
03-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Just out of curiosity......were Lisa Marie to give birth to twins and at least one was a boy how would you all feel if she named him Elvis???

SweetCaroline
03-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I can not believe no one has mentioned HER SHOES...;) Good gosh..if she turns an ankle, that baby could be in trouble.;)

She should get an award for being able to stay upright in those things. :supriced:
I have read before how much she loves high heels so I suppose:hmm: 5 inch platforms are safer than 5 inch high heels.:hmm:

As for naming a boy of Lisa's...Elvis....I hope she would not hang that on the little boy. :doh: Enough comparison would be made just being Elvis' grandson without having the name as well.

Tony Trout
03-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Just out of curiosity......were Lisa Marie to give birth to twins and at least one was a boy how would you all feel if she named him Elvis???

I hope she doesn't do that....

cameron
03-13-2008, 01:21 PM

I can't see that naming her son Elvis would hurt a thing. Her last name is not Presley.
There's many boys/men out here that's named Elvis.
IF that's what she would want, it's up to her.

utmom2008
03-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I can't see that naming her son Elvis would hurt a thing. Her last name is not Presley.
There's many boys/men out here that's named Elvis.
IF that's what she would want, it's up to her.

I don't care what she names her son, but I sure hope the baby looks like GrandPa and less like his Dad. I never have thought this husband was much to look at, and.......has anyone ever seen a picture of him where he doesn't have a hat on his head??:hmm::doh::blink:

presley31
03-13-2008, 02:01 PM
LISA MARIE PRESLEY - LISA MARIE PRESLEY 'EXPECTING TWINS' .

LISA MARIE PRESLEY has an extra special reason for gaining babyweight while pregnant - she is expecting twins. The daughter of rock 'n' roll king Elvis Presley is four-and-a-half months pregnant with her third and fourth kids - her first with fourth husband Michael Lockwood.

American magazine Star claims the couple is expecting twins at the end of August (08), and state at least one will be a boy. One of Presley's California neighbours tells the tabloid, "Michael told me that he and Lisa have been trying to get pregnant for about a year.

"He also said that they had a sonogram two weeks ago, and (one) baby opened its legs, and they saw something! Michael was beaming." Presley, who has two teenage children with ex-husband Danny Keogh, is currently planning to sue a publication that accused her of being fat, forcing her to reveal her pregnancy.

2008/03/13 www.contactmusic.com / www.epgold.com

Burning_Love
03-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I am very happy for her :D

SweetCaroline
03-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't care what she names her son, but I sure hope the baby looks like GrandPa and less like his Dad. I never have thought this husband was much to look at, and.......has anyone ever seen a picture of him where he doesn't have a hat on his head??:hmm::doh::blink:

I wouldn't mind a bit if he looked like his grandpa. That could only be a good thing. (y)(y)(y)

Diane
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't know if it would be a good thing if Lisa names her son Elvis but she could use it as his middle name.

By the way, I love those funky shoes...but then I love funky shoes lol.

Diane

TotallyInsane
03-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't think she'll name her son Elvis. But, I do not recall ever reading that she gave up the name Presley.

ksimms2
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
maybe have the boy's middle name as Elvis? or even hyphenate the middle name elvis-aron (yes I still believe it's ARON)....How about Michael Elvis-Aron Lockwood? Or something like that? She has another son Ben, I don't think she named him anything after her dad did she?

TotallyInsane
03-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey Michael Aaron would be cool - that's what I named my son!!!!

cprimm
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Duh, you noticed that too. I have always wondered why she didn't fall in love with a "hunk". She didn't get that from her Dad; perhaps it comes from Priscilla - she has sure picked some since Elvis that weren't much to look at.

I don't think she will name a boy baby Elvis. Middle name would be okay. Elvis Lockwood doesn't do much for me.:lmfao:

utmom2008
03-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Duh, you noticed that too. I have always wondered why she didn't fall in love with a "hunk". She didn't get that from her Dad; perhaps it comes from Priscilla - she has sure picked some since Elvis that weren't much to look at.

I don't think she will name a boy baby Elvis. Middle name would be okay. Elvis Lockwood doesn't do much for me.:lmfao:

That's a very valid point. Her Daddy never had anything but a pretty woman on his arm. Now, Cilla on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. Can anyone in their right mind imagine going from Elvis Presley's bed to.....MIKE STONE????? This husband is not a looker.....but I guess he looks better than Michael Jackson!!!:supriced::supriced::lmfao:

The King's Queen
03-14-2008, 02:21 PM
That's a very valid point. Her Daddy never had anything but a pretty woman on his arm. Now, Cilla on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. Can anyone in their right mind imagine going from Elvis Presley's bed to.....MIKE STONE????? This husband is not a looker.....but I guess he looks better than Michael Jackson!!!:supriced::supriced::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao:I almost fell off of my chair laughing Rosanne!!:lmfao::lmfao:

Hubby #4 ain't much to look at...that's a fact! But anything would be an improvement over MJ...:lmfao:

And no...actually...I CANNOT imagine going from Elvis' bed to Mike Stone's...YUCK!!:doh: Poor Lisa may have inherited her father's good looks...but she seems to have her mother's poor taste...:supriced::P:lmfao:

presley31
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Its lisa choice who she chooses to be with and spend her life with and sometimes beauty isn't everything and those guys must of made lisa feel something or she wouldn't even bothered.

Dudcowboy_1
03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Now I can see her maybe naming the girl or son after her grandparents or something like that.

Love to all,
Tim

utmom2008
03-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Its lisa choice who she chooses to be with and spend her life with and sometimes beauty isn't everything and those guys must of made lisa feel something or she wouldn't even bothered.

:lol::lol:Obviously number 2 and number 3 didn't make her feel much for any length of time.:lmfao:Not sure what MJ made her feel(I'm scared to ask!!) and she didn't stay married long enough to Nic Cage to know what she felt.:supriced::lol::lol:

utmom2008
03-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Now I can see her maybe naming the girl or son after her grandparents or something like that.

Love to all,
Tim

You don't see many little girls running around these days with the name Gladys...but then I thought Hazel was an unusual choice for Julia Roberts to choose.:hmm::doh:

presley31
03-14-2008, 05:35 PM
[/B]

:lol::lol:Obviously number 2 and number 3 didn't make her feel much for any length of time.:lmfao:Not sure what MJ made her feel(I'm scared to ask!!) and she didn't stay married long enough to Nic Cage to know what she felt.:supriced::lol::lol:

According to lisa nick was the one who broke it off by thowing the ring away and MJ she said she loved him and Danny well they have kids so he will always mean something to her ;)

presley31
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Divorce Court for Nicolas Cage & Lisa Marie
It was reported a few weeks ago that newlyweds, Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley, had hit a rocky point in their marriage - now they are headed for divorce court.
It’s official, now they are headed for divorce court after only 108 days of marriage. Cage filed for divorce on November 25. Presley released a statement, "I’m sad about this, but we shouldn’t have been married in the first place. It was a big mistake." Oh, luckily they found that out!
Their trip to the altar was not an easy one. The couple parted ways in February after ten months of dating, reconciled in June and married in August. Now off to divorce court. A friend of Cage’s was quoted as saying, "They spent enough time together to fall in love – and not enough time together to make it work." Cage has a history of break-up make-up type relationships. He was married to Patricia Arquette for nine months before they split up and they then spent five years acting very married, filed for divorce, reconciled and finally put the marriage out of it’s misery. Maybe this is just the beginning of Cage and Presley’s marriage, make-up, break-up, make-up, break-up…

One has to wonder if these fleeting marriages are some sort of competition between the beautiful, rich and famous. Let’s see how short-lived our marriage can be. "Hey, we beat Jennifer Lopez and Cris Judd!" Are they handing out prizes these days?! Is nothing scared anymore? Seriously, maybe if those living in Hollyweird would take a little time to get to know one another before skipping down the aisle or put forth a little effort into a marriage, they might go somewhere.

By Buzzle Staff and Agencies
Published: 12/4/2002

The King's Queen
03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
According to lisa nick was the one who broke it off by thowing the ring away and MJ she said she loved him and Danny well they have kids so he will always mean something to her ;)

Well, no doubt, Danny will always be part of her life because of the kids. The MJ thing...well, that was just plain weird. :blink: I still think she was exhibiting some sort of rebellion...:hmm: As for Nic...well, if I were a betting person, I'd bet that he just liked being with Elvis' daughter, more than he actually liked Elvis' daughter. :supriced: Not sure if she was all that 'in love' with him...but if she was, she wasted no time in movin' on. ;)

This new hubby may prove to be the one who can hang in there...who knows. And no, looks are not everything, I agree...but they are something...and that poor guy has NONE! :doh:

TotallyInsane
03-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, no doubt, Danny will always be part of her life because of the kids. The MJ thing...well, that was just plain weird. :blink: I still think she was exhibiting some sort of rebellion...:hmm: As for Nic...well, if I were a betting person, I'd bet that he just liked being with Elvis' daughter, more than he actually liked Elvis' daughter. :supriced: Not sure if she was all that 'in love' with him...but if she was, she wasted no time in movin' on. ;)

This new hubby may prove to be the one who can hang in there...who knows. And no, looks are not everything, I agree...but they are something...and that poor guy has NONE! :doh:

I'm with you on the rebellion thing with MJ. First, I think he used her for his own gain and she had her own little thing going on. She was still going through rough waters with her mother at the time and I think it was due to rebellion to highest degree. What better way to show your mom that you're now equal - mom married the King of Rock and she married the King of Pop!! Touche mom!!

Nic Cage - who knows where all that came from? Again, I think she was mislead for reasons other than love.

Michael Lockwood - from what I've seen - he's what she's been looking for. He can handle being in the back of the limelight and supporting her for all she has to endure with the public. He loves music as much as she does. On his myspace page he says "My Hero - My Wife". Don't think she has known "those kind of little things"....what's the saying - it's the small things that matter. I think she's found the unconditional love with Michael and if you haven't noticed - she doesn't seem to be as "mad at world" anymore. I think being deserted - rather it being in death or leaving - does change a child's outlook on life.

Personally I adore the girl and admire her strength and her ability to call things as she sees them! I would much rather be around people who can be up front and honest than to be a fake to my face.

TotallyInsane
03-14-2008, 09:46 PM

I don't understand your response to UTMom's post.

utmom2008
03-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, no doubt, Danny will always be part of her life because of the kids. The MJ thing...well, that was just plain weird. :blink: I still think she was exhibiting some sort of rebellion...:hmm: As for Nic...well, if I were a betting person, I'd bet that he just liked being with Elvis' daughter, more than he actually liked Elvis' daughter. :supriced:

I think you are right Lea. Even Lisa admits that MJ was probably using her and she didn't seem too sure that he even loved her. I think Nic Cage enjoyed being around all things Elvis, and what better way than to marry the King's daughter. Lisa didn't exactly have a great role model in following her Mother's choices. Let's face it...after Elvis, Pris seemed to drift between one goon to another.:supriced:

elvislover101
03-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I Think What They Said About Her And Her Father Was Rude And Uncalled For And I Do Think Those Pictures Were Doctored I Saw A Picture Of Her Back In Decemeber And Did Not Look That Big So I Think They Were Doctor And Us Women Had A Kid Growing On The Inside Of Us And Like Ever One Elsa In Gets Hungry As Do We So We Eat Twice As Much Because Were Not Eating For Our Self Any More Were Eating For 2.

The King's Queen
03-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Lisa didn't exactly have a great role model in following her Mother's choices. Let's face it...after Elvis, Pris seemed to drift between one goon to another.:supriced:

Looks like you hit the nail on the head Rosanne...(y)

I think being deserted - rather it being in death or leaving - does change a child's outlook on life.

Personally I adore the girl and admire her strength and her ability to call things as she sees them! I would much rather be around people who can be up front and honest than to be a fake to my face.

I'm in total agreement Gail (y) Lisa was spoiled by Elvis...so what! At least she had that 'unconditional' love when it came to him. I think Pris had a firmer, more aloof style of parenting. Lisa got shipped off...away from family and friends...and following a traumatic experience such as losing a parent to death, that could cause BIG problems for a child. Pris was too into her own life, and Lisa has paid the price for that.

I too have a respect for Lisa when it comes to her brutal honesty...she calls it like she see's it! ;) I do think that she has taken the "I hate the world" thing a bit too far. Lots of people have childhood issues to deal with. But most people will face it, deal with it, and move away from it. I'm not so sure she has done that...:blink: The only problem I have with her is when it comes to all of the negative comments she has made about her Father's fans....but hey, I've faced it, dealt with it...and now I'm moving away from it...:supriced::P:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-15-2008, 05:25 AM
The problem with LMP is that she is petulant, it maybe cute in a child but in an adult ;)

I'm sure she has many issues to deal with not least her fathers fans who can't forgive her that she isn't her father!

I'm hoping that this latest hubby will be the last and she can ultimately find peace........

Whatever her choices and decisions, they are hers ;)

presley31
03-15-2008, 08:37 AM
The problem with LMP is that she is petulant, it maybe cute in a child but in an adult ;)

I'm sure she has many issues to deal with not least her fathers fans who can't forgive her that she isn't her father!

I'm hoping that this latest hubby will be the last and she can ultimately find peace........

Whatever her choices and decisions, they are hers ;)

l agree and her choices l believe have nothing to do with her mother at all. she is nothing like her and doesn't even act like her so lisa is her own person though and though.