PDA

View Full Version : Interesting early interveiw with Pricilla, 1973

MissyM
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/articles/1973_august_ladies_home_journal.html

presley31
02-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Seen this along time ago, hope this doesn't turn into another put down thread cause theres enough of those.

MissyM
02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I just thought it was intersting as she talks about dance lessons. She did when she was on the talk show talking about being on Dancing with the Stars. I find the interveiw strange. Does anyone else.

presley31
02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
whats so strange about it??

Diane
02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Only one thing stood out to me that reinforces my feelings about the whole affair. When she says that her dad was against her going out with Elvis because he was much older but that her mom thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.....and so she did meet him....and the rest is history.

Diane

cameron
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
It's just things I've heard both her and Elvis say. Can't say I thought it was strange though. For what's it worth..I agree with her about marriage .
NOW, if I could get my daughter to see that .;)

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
In a few days I am posting my pics of her dress shop. It's funny, but one window has a long row with the cover of this issue of Ladies Home Journal. It's her pic...over and over and over. I guess she wanted to make sure that everyone would know for sure who owned the shop..there were no pics of Olivia Bis.:hmm::doh:

presley31
02-21-2008, 12:50 PM
In a few days I am posting my pics of her dress shop. It's funny, but one window has a long row with the cover of this issue of Ladies Home Journal. It's her pic...over and over and over. I guess she wanted to make sure that everyone would know for sure who owned the shop..there were no pics of Olivia Bis.:hmm::doh:

yes there is pictures but there in another forum and l can't post them.

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Only one thing stood out to me that reinforces my feelings about the whole affair. When she says that her dad was against her going out with Elvis because he was much older but that her mom thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.....and so she did meet him....and the rest is history.

Diane
How about what she said about her mom at first? That she "would not let her walk across the street to meet Elvis Presley".....but that changed rather quickly to a "once in a lifetime opportunity."

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 12:52 PM
yes there is pictures but there in another forum and l can't post them.
These are my own personal photos that I'm going to post...

presley31
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
These are my own personal photos that I'm going to post...

ok but l just saying there are other pictures of Olivia at the store too.

presley31
02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
How about what she said about her mom at first? That she "would not let her walk across the street to meet Elvis Presley".....but that changed rather quickly to a "once in a lifetime opportunity."

she said the same thing on elvis by the presleys and priscilla mother said that she was against elvis till she met him.

"But Mom and Dad said I was too young to date Elvis," she said. "Well, I didn't think it made much difference anyway because I figured that I would never see him again. Then he called, and I couldn't h been more surprised."

Captain Beaulieu said there would be no date. "But Mom talked him into letting me go." Priscilla smiled. "She said I might never get a chance like this again."

source: http://www.simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/articles/Priscilla%20Prelsey%20Articles%20-%20Book%20Excerpt%20from%20My%20Life%20with%20Elvi s%20Part%20I.htm

MissyM
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
That stood out with me too Diane-opportunity! She was only how old???

ksimms2
02-21-2008, 01:10 PM
she is trying to be oh so innocent in the interview. I can understand her wanting to protect the truth about her and Elvis' relationship though - Elvis was still alive when she did that article so I'm sure that had alot to do with it.

I don't know - I just didn't really care for what she had to say - probably because so much more has come out in the open since then........???

I do understand her not wanting to talk about Elvis though.

Diane
02-21-2008, 01:12 PM
She was only 14 Missy........:blink:

I'm anxious to see your photos Rosanne. I've only seen what everyone else has that's posted in the gallery here.

Diane

presley31
02-21-2008, 01:16 PM
she is trying to be oh so innocent in the interview. I can understand her wanting to protect the truth about her and Elvis' relationship though - Elvis was still alive when she did that article so I'm sure that had alot to do with it.

I don't know - I just didn't really care for what she had to say - probably because so much more has come out in the open since then........???

I do understand her not wanting to talk about Elvis though.

would you talk about elvis if you were him and knowing how private he was about anybody knowing his business??

Diane
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh Jen, love you sweet but she has said things in interviews and wrote a whole book about Elvis' private life!:angry:

Diane

presley31
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh Jen, love you sweet but she has said things in interviews and wrote a whole book about Elvis' private life!:angry:

Diane

yes diane and so has half the crew that was with him too. NOBody in elvis life knew how to shut up about about anything including priscilla. If l was her and the other l wouldn't of breathe a word.

cameron
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
she said the same thing on elvis by the presleys and priscilla mother said that she was against elvis till she met him.

"But Mom and Dad said I was too young to date Elvis," she said. "Well, I didn't think it made much difference anyway because I figured that I would never see him again. Then he called, and I couldn't h been more surprised."

Captain Beaulieu said there would be no date. "But Mom talked him into letting me go." Priscilla smiled. "She said I might never get a chance like this again."
source: http://www.simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/articles/Priscilla%20Prelsey%20Articles%20-%20Book%20Excerpt%20from%20My%20Life%20with%20Elvi s%20Part%20I.htm

It can take on a different meaning by the words ones choose to use. ;)
I womder how many girls wouldn't throw a fit, if Elvis had asked them out....no matter their sge??
Had a sister-in-law that was about 15 YO {when Love Me Tender came out} and I know she'd have went. With or without her parents permission.
I just couldn't see what she saw in him at that time. :P

MissyM
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
The way I look at it is when she shuts up and quits talking about Elvis then I'll quit talking about her. Maybe others would follow.

presley31
02-21-2008, 01:31 PM
The way I look at it is when she shuts up and quits talking about Elvis then I'll quit talking about her. Maybe others would follow.

maybe everyone that knew elvis should do the same than:angry:

cameron
02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Now what would everyone do for a living if they stopped talking?? :P

Donut
02-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I think I found the 7 differences in that interview. Have any of you too?

presley31
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Now what would everyone do for a living if they stopped talking?? :P

good point cameron(y)

Diane
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
You're right Jen, no one should have said the things about Elvis that they have. There is no getting around that!

Diane

marijaep
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
It's a fact that Priscilla did, is and always will be changing her statements all the time and confusing me...sometimes I wonder if she remembers the truth herself?!

As for writing a whole book about Elvis (after his death) Diane...Didn't a good part of his friends and the Memphis Mafia included, wrote a book and told every kind of stuff about Elvis? - It's just business and I salute to those who knew him and still haven't written a book about him.

Elvis chose Priscilla to be his wife and I have nothing against her ;) She seems like a nice lady to me :D

Diane
02-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes Marija, that's what I meant about others saying things about Elvis in their books, interviews etc. that should have been kept private in respect for him. I sure wouldn't write a book to make money at the expense of a friend or ex-husband whatever's reputation, someone you claim to have loved in the same breath, is pretty low in my mind.

Diane

presley31
02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
If you ask me the whole bunch should be ashamed of themselves for writing stuff about elvis and not respecting the fact that elvis indeed was very private person and didn't like the world to know his busniess.

marijaep
02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes Marija, that's what I meant about others saying things about Elvis in their books, interviews etc. that should have been kept private in respect for him. I sure wouldn't write a book to make money at the expense of a friend or ex-husband whatever's reputation, someone you claim to have loved in the same breath, is pretty low in my mind.

Diane

Absolutely Diane (y) - Hope this thread won't turn out to be another argument about Priscilla :hug:

marijaep
02-21-2008, 02:22 PM
If you ask me the whole bunch should be ashamed of themselves for writing stuff about elvis and not respecting the fact that elvis indeed was very private person and didn't like the world to know his busniess.

Yes Jen...but if they didn't write anything, we wouldn't have known this much about Elvis' private life. I know how nosy i am when it comes to that...I always want to know MORE about his private life. Sometimes I feel guilty for reading all of that, but when i think about it better...someone already wrote that, so why not read it? lol

presley31
02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes Jen...but if they didn't write anything, we wouldn't have known this much about Elvis' private life. I know how nosy i am when it comes to that...I always want to know MORE about his private life. Sometimes I feel guilty for reading all of that, but when i think about it better...someone already wrote that, so why not read it? lol

true but l also look at how elvis would feel about all this stuff thats out in the open?? i don't think it would make him happy, more disapointment than anything

marijaep
02-21-2008, 02:31 PM
true but l also look at how elvis would feel about all this stuff thats out in the open?? i don't think it would make him happy, more disapointment than anything

Yes, after all he had done for them...Very disappointed Jen, just look at his reaction after Red and Sonny published their book. He was so angry and he sure felt disappointed too
Sometimes I wish Elvis could write a book about his life. I'd love to read his point of view of all the things going on in his life and what he felt.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic and if we hi-jacked the thread :blush:, back to the topic now everyone

LianaKaralivanou
02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
If anyone has the right to talk about Elvis, that's Priscilla. She was with him since she was 14, for God's sake! Even simple fans write books about him and give interviews why not the woman who spent so many years of her life with him and have a child together?

Unique Dog
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM
I have this magazine.

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM

Diane
EXACTLY!!!!! And, didn't even bother to keep their sex life private!! (n)

presley31
02-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, after all he had done for them...Very disappointed Jen, just look at his reaction after Red and Sonny published their book. He was so angry and he sure felt disappointed too
Sometimes I wish Elvis could write a book about his life. I'd love to read his point of view of all the things going on in his life and what he felt.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic and if we hi-jacked the thread :blush:, back to the topic now everyone

yep its sad indeed(y)

marijaep
02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
EXACTLY!!!!! And, didn't even bother to keep their sex life private!! (n)

I guess you don't like the MM either then, Rosanne. They didn't say much about his sex life, but did about many other things...

cameron
02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
How many books were written about Elvis before 1985?? {That's when Priscilla's book was published.}
How many books wrote about their sex life ?
Maybe, it'd be easier to count ; how many didn't talk about their sex life.:P

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 02:52 PM
I guess you don't like the MM either then, Rosanne. They didn't say much about his sex life, but did about many other things...
To me, there is a difference in a tell-all book written by a bunch of guys as opposed to a book written by his ex-wife, an ex-wife that happens to be the mother of his only child. Sometimes I am amazed at the things she has written or said, knowing that Lisa would read it. :hmm::hmm:

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 02:54 PM
And....it wouldn't give any of us much to talk about. The boards would be rather boring IMO.....:hmm:

presley31
02-21-2008, 02:55 PM
How many books were written about Elvis before 1985?? {That's when Priscilla's book was published.}
How many books wrote about their sex life ?
Maybe, it'd be easier to count ; how many didn't talk about their sex life.:P

Good point cameron(y)

marijaep
02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
To me, there is a difference in a tell-all book written by a bunch of guys as opposed to a book written by his ex-wife, an ex-wife that happens to be the mother of his only child. Sometimes I am amazed at the things she has written or said, knowing that Lisa would read it. :hmm::hmm:

They were with him 24/7 with him, Rosanne. They knew so much about him. Now, I don't say that I like the fact that Cilla wrote a tell all book :doh: I just want to say that she wasn't the only one...

Diane
02-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I could take boredom if it meant he had been respected. :)

I'm with Jen all the way on this. None of those books should have been written.

Diane

franny
02-21-2008, 04:15 PM
They were with him 24/7 with him, Rosanne. They knew so much about him. Now, I don't say that I like the fact that Cilla wrote a tell all book :doh: I just want to say that she wasn't the only one...

Very true, Marija. (y) The thing is we buy these books :lol:

franny :)

presley31
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Very true, Marija. (y) The thing is we buy these books :lol:

franny :)

good thing for the library cause thats where my books came from to read :lol:

franny
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
good thing for the library cause thats where my books came from to read :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I usually get mine from amazon...(y)

franny

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 05:29 PM
None of those books should have been written.

Diane

That's kind of a mute point...tell-all books go hand in hand with fame and fortune. You just don't often see one from the mother of your only child. My main problem with Cilla's is some of the issues(abortion?) she raised knowing that her child would read them. I can't go off too much on any of the books since I have read them. To bash the writer but then read the book seems somewhat hypocritical to me.:hmm:

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 05:29 PM
:lol: :lol:

I usually get mine from amazon...(y)

franny
That's where I buy the majority of mine as well Franny. (y)

Diane
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I got mine mostly from eBay and Amazon, a couple I bought in book stores, but I couldn't have gotten them if they hadn't been written. I admit I got them out of curiosity like everyone else but darn I was horrified afterwards. Kept hoping another book would dispel what had been written in the one before and before I knew it I had all these darn books that said the same things!

I did enjoy Larry Geller's, Charlie Hodge's, Ed Parker's and Jerry Schilling's but the rest turned my stomach. Not because of what they said Elvis did but because they chose to tell the world about it.

Diane

Suzan
02-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Well said.

I have pics of Bis & Beau on the outside as well and I found it VERY ODD that she had her pic plastered all over, but then said that she didn't like the attention of people coming into the shop to just look at Elvis' ex-wife...seems to me she's loved that part best from the get go.

Yes descrepencies in her story for a long time now.

presley31
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I got mine mostly from eBay and Amazon, a couple I bought in book stores, but I couldn't have gotten them if they hadn't been written. I admit I got them out of curiosity like everyone else but darn I was horrified afterwards. Kept hoping another book would dispel what had been written in the one before and before I knew it I had all these darn books that said the same things!

I did enjoy Larry Geller's, Charlie Hodge's, Ed Parker's and Jerry Schilling's but the rest turned my stomach. Not because of what they said Elvis did but because they chose to tell the world about it.

Diane

I agree, jerry book was great and enjoyed every chapter(y)

SweetCaroline
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/articles/1973_august_ladies_home_journal.html

What bugged :mad: me most (besides she did the interview at all) in the article Missy was this remark when discussing Mike Stone...It seems like a zinger to Elvis sent through the media...and I am sure it must have wounded Elvis' pride... :mad: :(

"He's very much of a MAN to me, and treats me like a woman". (n)(n)(n)

utmom2008
02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
What bugged :mad: me most (besides she did the interview at all) in the article Missy was this remark when discussing Mike Stone...It seems like a zinger to Elvis sent through the media...and I am sure it must have wounded Elvis' pride... :mad: :(

Agreed. That was a low blow. (n)

TotallyInsane
02-21-2008, 09:15 PM
He's had a lot of those low blows thrown his way - unfortunately!!

Tony Trout
02-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I agree, jerry book was great and enjoyed every chapter(y)

I didn't buy Jerry's book because he's so closely tied into EPE that I'm sure he only wrote stories in the book that would make Priscilla/EPE look good.

Donut
02-22-2008, 06:03 AM
I didn't buy Jerry's book because he's so closely tied into EPE that I'm sure he only wrote stories in the book that would make Priscilla/EPE look good.

And you are right.

ksimms2
02-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Well said.

I have pics of Bis & Beau on the outside as well and I found it VERY ODD that she had her pic plastered all over, but then said that she didn't like the attention of people coming into the shop to just look at Elvis' ex-wife...seems to me she's loved that part best from the get go.

Yes descrepencies in her story for a long time now.

VERY well said Suzan! I agree completely!! I don't dislike her, but she is no better than anyone else who wrote books. She is trying to justify why she did what she did (cheating on him, leaving him, etc.) is my opinion. As for the MM, I've read their books too, so I am just as guilty as they are for writing them. I'm glad they are telling their truth about his life - otherwise we would not know.

But all in all - I just hope Elvis knows wherever his beautiful spirit is (in heaven I'm sure) that we still love him unconditionally - no matter what is written or said about him. :'(

ksimms2
02-22-2008, 08:21 AM

You are right on the mark there! And she sure forgot to mention that she was cheating with him before she left Elvis.

I do not dislike Priscilla, I just don't like the way she spins her tales depending on who she is talking to.

presley31
02-22-2008, 09:48 AM
well whatever happened with elvis and priscilla it was something we will never have the answers to just what we read and see and hear. I bet there lots of things that haven't been told about those two and really can anybody here come up with new information than talking about the same stuff on the priscilla threads how boring this is getting so to speak. For a bunch of people who hate and not get along with the woman have alot to say which really makes me laugh..

cameron
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
well whatever happened with elvis and priscilla it was something we will never have the answers to just what we read and see and hear. I bet there lots of things that haven't been told about those two and really can anybody here come up with new information than talking about the same stuff on the priscilla threads how boring this is getting so to speak. For a bunch of people who hate and not get along with the woman have alot to say which really makes me laugh..

It is laughable Jen, if not so sad. The jealously comes through.
No one here can possibly say what went on between Elvis and Pris.

Something to think about: Priscilla only wrote one book. :P How many books have some of the others written; changing their stories as theiy go?;)

MissyM
02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree with all you said Ksimms.
Cameron, this had nothing to do with jealousy because frankly, there is nothing to be jealous of. Why does it always have to be jealousy. I don't care for the actions of Britney Spears either but I am far from Jealous of her.

presley31
02-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Something to think about: Priscilla only wrote one book. :P How many books have some of the others written; changing their stories as theiy go?;)

so true cameron so true(y)

Donut
02-22-2008, 11:47 AM
talking about the same stuff on the priscilla threads how boring this is getting so to speak. For a bunch of people who hate and not get along with the woman have alot to say which really makes me laugh..

Interesting observation.
Can we aply the same logic to Gingerīs threads?

presley31
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Interesting observation.

go right ahead:)

cameron
02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Cameron, this had nothing to do with jealousy because frankly, there is nothing to be jealous of. Why does it always have to be jealousy. I don't care for the actions of Britney Spears either but I am far from Jealous of her.

I feel sorry for Britney Spears and IMO, the media needs to leave her alone to hopefully get better before there's another death .

I can't answer the "jealously thing." Only the ones that are can answer that for themselves. {hopefully, sooner rather than later, as it appears to keep their lives upside down}
As for me; I hope to let ALL the Presleys and the Smiths RIP.
{including the ex's . } ;)

cameron
02-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Interesting observation.

Please do...(y)

utmom2008
02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I agree with you and Kelly, Missy. I'll tell you what I found so odd about the interview. She says "we were perfectly content to live the way we were, but it wasn't nice for people to live together back then." Is this from the same woman who kept begging Elvis to have sex with her and he refused.....not until they were married??? He may have been content, I somehow doubt that she was.....:hmm: ;)

presley31
02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I feel sorry for Britney Spears and IMO, the media needs to leave her alone to hopefully get better before there's another death .

I can't answer the "jealously thing." Only the ones that are can answer that for themselves. {hopefully, sooner rather than later, as it appears to keep their lives upside down}
As for me; I hope to let ALL the Presleys and the Smiths RIP.
{including the ex's . } ;)

l agree cameron (y)(y)

presley31
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree with you and Kelly, Missy. I'll tell you what I found so odd about the interview. She says "we were perfectly content to live the way we were, but it wasn't nice for people to live together back then." Is this from the same woman who kept begging Elvis to have sex with her and he refused.....not until they were married??? He may have been content, I somehow doubt that she was.....:hmm: ;)

getting it from others l would say he was content so why have sex with the woman he lived with :lmfao::lmfao::doh:

utmom2008
02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
getting it from others l would say he was content so why have sex with the woman he lived with :lmfao::lmfao::doh:
EXACTLY!!!! (y)(y) The lack of sex with Cilla didn't bother him one bit!

Suzan
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
She's changed her story depending on the interview, year, whatever suited her at the time.
People have a lot to say on all matter of Elvis/Presley topics, this is no different. If one doesn't like what they are reading they don't have to view the thread, as some have stated oh so many times before.:)

Suzan
02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Very good points Ksimms.

ksimms2
02-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Yea, who the heck is jealous? Me? Hardly. Jealous of all her money? Sure....but that's as far as it goes. I was too young to even think romantically of Elvis back then - was only 9 when he died. Now as an adult - oh yea - definately have fantasies about the sexy man.....but jealous? No way.

presley31
02-22-2008, 01:06 PM
She's changed her story depending on the interview, year, whatever suited her at the time.
People have a lot to say on all matter of Elvis/Presley topics, this is no different. If one doesn't like what they are reading they don't have to view the thread, as some have stated oh so many times before.:)

NO problem here since I'am a fan after all:):):)

ksimms2
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM

Rosanne, I think it all boils down to the fact Elvis was still alive during that interview - so she was very careful in what she said. Plus, she wanted to look like the prim and proper miss.

As we know - her later interviews were different.

I'd love to "walk a mile in her shoes" back then.....but I think she was fighting a losing battle from day one - some men cannot be tamed and it was obvious he was one of them. They were doomed from the start - which is a shame.

presley31
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I'am not jealous just sick of the crap being said elvis and him not here to defend himself. Everyone talks and write books if anybody in elvis life has shown him the kinda of repect that he needed and deserve was ann and her alone. Maybe be a fan of priscilla but she always had her share in speaking about elvis and his faults and mistakes, shame some people can't see elvis like he was a human who loved to have fun and enjoyed life to the fulliest.

SweetCaroline
02-22-2008, 01:14 PM

My feelings towards Priscilla have absolutely NOTHING to do with jealousy. I loved Priscilla and had her on a high pedestal early on. I thought she was one of the most beautiful women EVER when she was in her twenties and early thirties...and I loved seeing Elvis happy when she was on his arm. I wish Elvis was still here and they were still happily together. No, my anger at Priscilla does not come from jealously, but from Priscilla's actions. I have a pretty good feeling that is the case with most fans that are not fond of Priscilla. Feelings about Priscilla come from a resentment of her behaviour...not jealousy.

presley31
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM
My feelings towards Priscilla have absolutely NOTHING to do with jealousy. I loved Priscilla and had her on a high pedestal early on. I thought she was one of the most beautiful women EVER when she was in her twenties and early thirties...and I loved seeing Elvis happy when she was on his arm. I wish Elvis was still here and they were still happily together. No, my anger at Priscilla does not come from jealously, but from Priscilla's actions. I have a pretty good feeling that is the case with most fans that are not fond of Priscilla. Feelings about Priscilla come from a resentment of her behaviour...not jealousy.

Yes so have the rest of the crew that was elvis, everyone loved to talk about elvis and change there stories cause people buy it:'(

cameron
02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I wasn't including everyone in the jealousy feelings and certainly not of any romantic nature.
{There are some things one cannot say here or a big fight would start .
I've had enough of that .} :blink:
I agree with some of Priscilla's actions not being explained; it causes people to dislike her.Part of it was the time she was born in and part of it is/was IMO, the act of TCBing. People just kept things to themselves .

Personslly, I would just do what was necessary and ignore the ones that didn't like me ...that's just the way I was raised too. :P

ksimms2
02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Ironically, about the only person who has not written a book about Elvis is Ginger. I'm not sure if Ann Margaret has or not - ? But Ginger is only one who has not written a book.

Many have profited off Elvis's death, including his ex wife. It's really a shame I guess - but without our thirst for more info about him - they would have not made any $$ so I guess we're to blame as much as they are.

presley31
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Ironically, about the only person who has not written a book about Elvis is Ginger. I'm not sure if Ann Margaret has or not - ? But Ginger is only one who has not written a book.

Many have profited off Elvis's death, including his ex wife. It's really a shame I guess - but without our thirst for more info about him - they would have not made any $$ so I guess we're to blame as much as they are.

l agree kelly and if we stopped buying things that had to do with elvis from his ex wife or the mm l think elvis would have more respect that he deserves cause we wouldn't be interested in the lies and the envading his private life. Thats the only thing elvis had left was his private time and look at it now blown wide open, now thats a shame(n)

cameron
02-22-2008, 02:04 PM
The ones that were really there ....Ginger, Al Strada and the nurse that lived there, Tish Hensley ,have never written a book to my knowledge.
Everyone else has "climbed on the gravy train." Some, several times.

I agree; it is our own fault that these things are written.
It's our insatiable thirst for wanting to know more .
What DID that man have that we get that "need to know"?? :doh: ;)

cameron
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
l agree kelly and if we stopped buying things that had to do with elvis from his ex wife or the mm l think elvis would have more respect that he deserves cause we wouldn't be interested in the lies and the envading his private life. Thats the only thing elvis had left was his private time and look at it now blown wide open, now thats a shame(n)

I think his daughter says it best: " Leave him some dignity ! ! "
You tell them. Lisa . :P (y)

utmom2008
02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
As we know - her later interviews were different.

:lol:That has to be the under-statement of the century!!!:lmfao::lol:

utmom2008
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Great post Carole!(y) I agree with every word that you have said!(y) I don't think any of us are jealous of Priscilla.....that's one of the most bizarre statements I have read in awhile....:doh::doh:

presley31
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I think his daughter says it best: " Leave him some dignity ! ! "
You tell them. Lisa . :P (y)

elvis has nothing left private, none at all(n)

cameron
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
elvis has nothing left private, none at all(n)

He still has the truth ..and someday, it will be told. ;)

presley31
02-22-2008, 02:32 PM

Thats true but when will we ever the learn the real turth and not all the hearsay:hmm:

utmom2008
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
What does that mean???? :hmm:

Diane
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't believe we will ever know the whole truth about all that's been said about Elvis and it doesn't change the way I feel about him one way or the other. There are so many times I've read something that someone said he did or said and I want to ask "well, what did you say or do". How come is it we never get to hear that side of it? How do we know Elvis wasn't retaliating to something they started? So many questions like this will never be answered.

Diane

SweetCaroline
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't believe we will ever know the whole truth about all that's been said about Elvis and it doesn't change the way I feel about him one way or the other. There are so many times I've read something that someone said he did or said and I want to ask "well, what did you say or do". How come is it we never get to hear that side of it? How do we know Elvis wasn't retaliating to something they started? So many questions like this will never be answered.

Diane

Well when...."we gather in heaven's bright city
Far away on that beautiful shore"
I have some questions for Elvis....I want to hear Elvis' side!!!!!!!!!
(y)(y)(y)

Diane
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM
There you go Carol ! I plan on doing that also.:)

Diane

presley31
02-22-2008, 07:05 PM
There you go Carol ! I plan on doing that also.:)

Diane

Send me a message when you though chatting with elvis(y):lol:

SweetCaroline
02-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Send me a message when you though chatting with elvis(y):lol:

Will do, Jen.....being older I should beat you to the gates. :D ;)

Diane
02-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Well I guess I'm first in line then:) I'll send you that message Jen and try not to scare you.:)

Diane

presley31
02-23-2008, 06:45 AM
OK carole and diane, wouldn't want to be scared but hearing a message from elvis would be well worth it(y)(y)

marijaep
02-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Hehe, I'll receive few messages from you guys, giving me a better description of up there :lol:

Unique Dog
02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Ginger write a book?? Does she really have anything to say that you want to read? Not me....unless she wants to talk about that National Enquirer call she made the afternoon of August 16th and the interview she did with them.

cameron
02-23-2008, 10:30 AM
From the book "History of National Enquirer"

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/article_flippo.html

And Presley's then-girlfriend Ginger Alden told the story of her last night with Elvis, when she awoke at 2 p.m. to find Elvis sprawled -- apparently lifeless -- on the bathroom floor. "She wanted money -- of course," writes Calder, "but she was willing to give us her exclusive story."

utmom2008
02-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I have some questions for Elvis....I want to hear Elvis' side!!!!!!!!!
(y)(y)(y)

Me too Carole.:blink::blink: As I stated on myelvisworld, the 1st thing I'll ask him is "why did you let this happen?"