PDA

View Full Version : Lousianna Hayride Book

Sheila
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Is this a good book to get? Does it have lots of rare photos?
Anyone have this? I would like to know before I buy. Thanks:blush:

Tommy
02-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Great book Sheila a real treasure!! Who did the one you are asking about?

Sheila
02-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I found this on Ebay and it has a hardcover with leather cover. They said that it was new. I read from other website about it and wanted to make sure it was a good book to buy. You know that I love the 50's and wanted to find rare photos.

franny
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
This book sounds like it will be intersting, just the pics alone do! (y)
I just checked it and it says it has a 168 pages of b/w white pics, plus lots of great reading! Thanks, for mentioning it Sheila. (y)

franny :)

Lisarose
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
This one is on my "Wish List" If its, the one I'm thinking of, it should also have a couple of cd's and a dvd.

franny
02-19-2008, 03:52 PM
This one is on my "Wish List" If its, the one I'm thinking of, it should also have a couple of cd's and a dvd.

It's on my wish list, too! (y)

Lisa, what site did you see it having the cd's and dvd? I saw it on ebay, but only the book was mentioned..

franny

Lisarose
02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Franny, I saw it on amazon and I believe Elvis Australia.

franny
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Thank you, Lisa! (y) (y)

franny:)

Lisarose
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
I just received Elvis at the Louisiana Hayride. It came in a cardboard "package". Not bad. It has the paperback book 2 cds
and a dvd photo scrapbook. The book is on very nice quality stock
paper and the photos are, of course, from various Hayride shows.
Lots of newspaper clippings, posters - including one stating 'Clovis Presley'
In Person! [That must have been when he performed in Lubbock - Clovis Highway runs alongside!:lmfao:] There's also quotes from other Hayride performers - Slim Whitman, Maxine Brown, etc. As I said, I just got it
in the mail, so I haven't played the cds yet, but I am very pleased.