PDA

View Full Version : Found in Library

cameron
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I was looking for something else and ran onto this.
I've always heard Elvis didn't use tax shelters. :hmm:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/fraud1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/fraud2.jpg

john carpenter
02-15-2008, 05:25 AM
That was interesting Cameron...btw nice avatar.

presley31
02-15-2008, 07:49 AM
interesting information cameron thanks for posting.

cameron
02-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Well, it's kinda boring;;) but I always read/heard that Elvis never used any tax breaks. To lose $500 thousand in this was surprising and something I'd never heard before.
Just adds to the list of things going on in 1976-1977 that we knew nothing about.

Jungleroom76
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Supposedly, Elvis never bothered to file an income tax report...he just paid the government what he thought he owed them. I believe this had something to do with The Colonel somehow....I can't remember exactly how the story went. Possibly something to do with the government finding out about The Colonel being an illegal alien if Elvis filed taxes with the government. :hmm:

Perhaps someone might be able to continue this story??

TCB!
Mike

cameron
02-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Supposedly, Elvis never bothered to file an income tax report...he just paid the government what he thought he owed them. I believe this had something to do with The Colonel somehow....I can't remember exactly how the story went. Possibly something to do with the government finding out about The Colonel being an illegal alien if Elvis filed taxes with the government. :hmm:

Perhaps someone might be able to continue this story??

TCB!
Mike

This was all on microfich at the library. I had to put two pieces together ..
{as you see ;) } I tried looking for some of this on line, but got off into something else. I wondered how it all worked out...

anyone, pleaese follow this up if you're so inclined. I just stumbled across this while looking up something else.