PDA

View Full Version : is the ticket real

kevis
02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi guys i recently acquired a unused elvis in concert ticket, when i looked into it i see it says he was double booked for that date and the concert never happened i just wondered if anyone could help with more info on this for me here are the details,

its in the Ashville civic centre arena,
Ashville nc,
may 30th 1977 the ticket price was $15 it is framed and says unused ticket i have done a bit of searching and have come across this saying it was a double booked concert i just wondered if this happened a lot and if it is a rare ticket thanks for any help,

kev

Getlo
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm afraid you've been ripped off.

On May 30th, 1977, Elvis performed in Jacksonville, Florida.

It's quite possible a show was originally scheduled for Asheville, but then it would be unlikely that tickets had actually been printed.

kevis
02-08-2008, 05:41 PM
yes i saw that too but then i found a site with a similar ticket for sale and it had by the ticket that the concert had been double booked i just wondered if that happened a lot it was in a pile of stuff i bought so i didnt get it for that it was a nice surprise thought it was too good to be true lol thanks for that getlo, here is the link for that site http://www.rhyniechert.com/Elvismainpage.html

kev

thehillbillycat
02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
It happened only a few times during the 70s. Getlo is right, Elvis performed actaully in Jacksonville FL on that date. But there were double booked dates that was accidents. What is harder to find is if the tickets for the actual date was printed. Canceled concerts Tickets are hard to find but an actual doubled book ticket is extremely hard to find. Paying $15 for one I will have to see a photo of it.

You need to take a close up photo of it so I can see if it is real or not. I have only seen three actual real doubled booked concert tickets which one you showed on the link. I seen those by photographs only though. Elvis was supposed to play in Macon in 1974 but never did and only a handful of tickets was made for that date until it was known that he wasn't.

For those who doesn't want to click the link here is what he is talking about:

http://www.rhyniechert.com/images/tickets/1977ashevillemay30.JPG

kevis
02-08-2008, 06:22 PM
thanks for that i will take a photo and try and post it but if you go to the site i posted and go to 1977 tickes and count 10 down there is a ticket there just like mine but i will try and photograph it thx for all everyones help on this matter i have never heard of double booking concerts before,

kev

thehillbillycat
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I deal with concert tickets and they only happen from 1970 to 1977 about 20 times. That may be alot of doubled dates but with the amount of shows he is it is really not alot. But they are rare to find though.

kevis
02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
here is a picture of it i hope this helps, kev

thehillbillycat
02-09-2008, 05:47 AM
That is a real one.(y)

kevis
02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
thank you for your help with this its nice to know i have a real and rare ticket even if the concert didnt happen lol,

kev

john4elvis
02-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi all,
Was wondering the site that was linked here, if anyone has bought items from it, and if the items are genuine.
Plus has anyone heard of Phil Efron, I have 2 Elvis Concert scarfs from the Phil Efron private collection, but that is all i know of him.

thehillbillycat
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi all,
Was wondering the site that was linked here, if anyone has bought items from it, and if the items are genuine.
Plus has anyone heard of Phil Efron, I have 2 Elvis Concert scarfs from the Phil Efron private collection, but that is all i know of him.

The name Phil Efron sounds fimilar to me. As for scarfs you need to be careful on scarfs unless they are signed. If they are signed showed the autograph to experts that is on the internet or some on here like me who can tell what is a real Elvis autograph or what is a fake.

As for the site, those are genuine items that comes from fans who sold them to the owner of the site. That is how he gets his items.

john4elvis
02-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Thankyou for your reply, was going to put a picture of them on this but not sure how too.
Will try and see what happens, hope it will work.
The first white scarf is stitched on three sides only, and from the Phil Efron collection
The blue scarf is stitched on all 4 sides and again from the Phil Efron collection
The White scarf with the autograph imprint is from the EP Memorabilia.
Again hope the picture of them works on this, just to let you see them.

thehillbillycat
02-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Thankyou for your reply, was going to put a picture of them on this but not sure how too.
Will try and see what happens, hope it will work.
The first white scarf is stitched on three sides only, and from the Phil Efron collection
The blue scarf is stitched on all 4 sides and again from the Phil Efron collection
The White scarf with the autograph imprint is from the EP Memorabilia.
Again hope the picture of them works on this, just to let you see them.

EP Memorabilia deals with real items. That I know. The other rwo scarfs from Phil Efron collection. They may be real I can't really tell by the photo you took but to let you know. It is common to find scarfs with some un-stitched sides and to find them with all stitched sides. If there is autographs on them you can't fake an Elvis autograph. Which I would have to see the autograph to determed that. If not, then it was common for Elvis to just throw the scarfs out into the audience with no autographs and also that wouldn't be on him at any point in the show until he gets one from Charlie and only his hand would be touching the scarf. Example of this was during the NYE 76 show in which he was throwing the scarfs out as soon as Charlie gives him one.

agent
02-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Is the salesman confident ?

utmom2008
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
it was common for Elvis to just throw the scarfs out into the audience with no autographs and also that wouldn't be on him at any point in the show until he gets one from Charlie and only his hand would be touching the scarf. Example of this was during the NYE 76 show in which he was throwing the scarfs out as soon as Charlie gives him one.

That's what I like about my scarf, it's a Vegas scarf and had alot of sweat on it when I got it!:P Maybe there's enough DNA to clone him...I'll get back with everyone on that!:supriced::lol::lol:

Unchained Melody
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
That is a real one.(y)

Agreed. Hang on to that..nice souvenior for you're collection:notworthy