PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Fan Questionaire

Elvisgirl
09-07-2004, 09:06 AM
When did you become a Elvis fan? Why?

What do you love most about Elvis?

Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you?

If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be?

One question that you've been dyinnng to know about him?

Fav. Elvis Song?

Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or Why not?

Do you own any Elvis Posters? How many?

Whats your favorite feature about Elvis?

Do you often dream about Elvis?

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?

Why or why not?

I'll answer mine a bit later! Have Fun!!!!!

buttonhead
09-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Let me be the first one to answer ,elvisgirl..

I ve been elvis fan since i was 10 years old, the first song i heard from him was Baby Lets Play House...( too much 'risky' song for a 10 years old girl ):P
the reason why i loved the man by then was his face.
:blush:

as i grew older,...i enjoyed more of his music, and especially his heart, his generousity, ..ahh just to read all those story about him makes you feel you wish you were born in 1950s :lol:

Elvis item i had...which means alot to me ? mmm all the things i have about elvis is means alot to me, i dont favorize one or two..

one word i said to him would be..well alot .. :blink:

probably him doing drugs ..i had hard time to explain some friend that elvis is indeed dealt with it.. :'(

fav elvis song..." An Evening Prayer and Mine " and more..

obsessed no...i dont think so, i dont have that lists of what to buy of elvis on ebay or store every month or week, and i dont plan to always see graceland every elvis week,
i dont dress like him, my hair ? pfff :P i am just somebody who mostly enjoy talking about him but no way overwhelming with ALL about him.

Not really have many posters, but i have this giant elvis posters sitting with his guitar , black and white pic...smiling..mmm from his king creole movie.

feature..his face ..that bone cheek structure god really put such wonderful artwork , when he smile...whole world would stop :)

dream ? about elvis...no maybe once , years ago...he sang to me 'love me tender ' :blush: :lol: i woke up and wishing i would have still sleeping.

i think there is a holiday for elvis already in memphis i could be wrong...
well i dont think we need holiday for elvis :'( all his lifetime so many people ..fans ...friends are around him, that such a crowded busy life , even today his grave still visit by million of fans/non fan,..i am sure he also a human being who wished he could have one day without anyone around him,..now that he is gone , he need ( if not much ) a little rest in peace.

I wrap up my answer...now your turn elvisgirl... (y)

Elvisgirl
09-08-2004, 05:07 AM
here my answers....

since 2003. was too blind and stupid not to discover how great he is before. it was my friend whos a fan and have been for over 30 years that made me a fan. and lets just be thankful for that

e v e r y t h i n g

my cd's, dvd's and videotapes

thank you for everything

if he ever wanted to write his own music

Fav. Elvis Song?
too many to mention

people say i am but i dont think i am...

his eyes, his smile, his voice

24/7

yeah

Why or why not?
to be with lots of people who love him

julieann
09-08-2004, 07:31 AM

Easter, 1990. My Mum taped the documentary 'This is Elvis' - she thought I might like to watch it. The rest is history.

Ummm... that is hard. He is beautiful.

Another hard question. Maybe my live Elvis CDS.

I LOVE YOU.

Dis he love Priscilla when they got married? Or was he 'forced' into it by the Colonel?

Fav. Elvis Song?

Many. 'Just Pretend'

I have my moments. Usually every couple of months or so I really 'get into him' again.

No a few black and white photos' though.

His whole personna

Yes, a few nights ago i dreamt i was at Graceland. I think that i have had this dream - two or three times now.

Not sure.

Why or why not?

Don't know!

Sonny
09-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Okay...here we go...

How did I become an Elvis fan?

I must have heard my first Elvis song somewhere in 1976. I remember that song well, it was C'mon Everybody and was released on a low budget Camden album called: Easy Come Easy Go.
I really liked the music, but without knowing who the singer was. I was eleven of twelve at the time...
But yeah, Elvis - I liked the name, and I liked the man on the cover, but it was not for another year or so before I really became a fan.

I must've been in 1977/1978 (like so many other fans) that I was swept away by the man and by his music.

My neighborhood/chilhood sweetheart, a cute blonde girl from my age, was the one who got me into liking Elvis. She lived at the end of the street and her father had a nice collection of Elvis albums.
I remember sitting down in her small backroom with albums like: Elvis In Concert and Moody Blue (yes, her father owned the blue pressing).
We were 13, 14 years old, in love with each other and with that fabulous music.
The moment I heard the opening track on Elvis In Concert I knew that I had to have this record!
"He's the King, King in music, He's the King, He's great I love him...He will always be the King no matter what."
And after that the classical Also Sprach Zarathustra opening theme and that wonderful, rocking See See Rider!

A couple of days later I went to our local record store. They had their Elvis albums seperated from the other albums, sitting in a beautiful cardboard stand with a picture of Elvis, smiling down on me when I looked through these albums. And they had lots of them!

With my saved pocketmoney I bought Elvis In Concert.
The next week I went back and bought Aloha From Hawaii and Elvis In Person/Back In Memphis (My parents gave me the money, because it's obvious I didn't have the money to buy them myself.)

After that I spent most of my money on collecting those terrific albums, and to be honest: I still do...

My childhood sweetheart?
Well, I'm sorry to say we kinda lost track of each other over the years.
When she was seventeen her parents moved away and after some letters and phonecalls our friendship finally ended.

Besides Elvis' wonderful voice I really like his overall personality

Most of the Elvis items I have mean a lot to me, though I'm not into collecting souvenirs and stuff.

If I would have had the chance to talk to him, I probably would not have known what to say. Looking back at history and knowing what we know now, I think a good thing to say would've been: break up with the Memphis Maffia and stop using that prescribed medication!

One thing I really would like to know?
Well, my buddies and me often wondered with how many women Elvis had a relationship... :D

I wouldn't call myself an obsessed Elvis fan.
On the other hand: most Elvis fans (maybe including myself) seem a little obsessed with the man...
Nothing wrong with that. That's what being a fan is all about. The word "fan" actually is short for: "fanatic".
And remember: Elvis fans are the most dedicated fans in the world.

When I was young I had two out of four walls in my room just covered with posters and pictures. So many that we didn't need wallpaper for those walls.
Today I have like four or five beautiful, framed pictures on the wall.

I don't know about any holiday for Elvis fans worldwide. That doesn't seem very logical. I do think that in The States they should have an official Elvis day for everybody. Fans and non fans...

Well, I guess that's it Elvisgirl... Hope you like it.

Sonny

NightRider
09-08-2004, 12:12 PM

I became a fan.... :hmm: 1976...an uncle who came to stay with us had a few tapes in his car...one being Golden Records Vol Two. When i heard it i was hooked. Why ? I wish i could tell you...the music just got me and has done ever since. The first album i bought was From Elvis In Memphis and still remains one of my all time favourites to this day.

His music....I like the films...I like his style...his clothes...but it always comes back to that voice.

As a whole my cd collection....i could not be without it ! A single item...my autograph.

Just Hi would have been enough....just to have spoken to him :P

:hmm: not a clue :(

Fav. Elvis Song?

Far too many to pick just one....but i have a soft spot for Until its time for you to go at the moment...so i guess i will go for that one.

To a certain extent...yes...i think most Elvis fans are. Lets face it i spend most of my life...listening to...watching and talking about Elvis...as well as hours designing Elvis covers...Obsessed...yep...and proud of it (y)

I have around 30 posters...i used to collect them years ago...they are now safely put away. I have four hung in the front room...but i'm not sure they would be classed a posters really.

I think thats more for the ladies :P

And That :P

yes...why not...sounds cool to me :clap:

P.S. Annie
09-08-2004, 03:11 PM

Fav. Elvis Song?

Why or why not?

1. I'm an Elvis fan as long as I can remember, but the virus struck 3 years ago when I discovered Elvis on the internet and FTD.

2. His voice.

3. His music.

4. You mean so much to me and so many other people, never forget that.

5. Why didn't you take a brake?

6. Cannot name just one song, sorry.

7. Obessed, no, why not...........because I don't wanna be ;)

8. I have one Elvis poster.

9. His charisma.

10. I dreamed of him on my first visit to Memphis, later I discovered the hotel was next to the Lauderdalecourts...........spooky ;)

11. I like extra holidays, so why not.... Seriously I really don't know.

TCE
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Here are the results of a Duth Elvis-fan:

I became a fan one day before he died. My brother played a record of him. Why? When I first heard him (the day before he died) it was as if lightning stroke me. And when I saw his pic's I was totally stung by him. So I guess it was because of his outstanding voice and his charisma. (It felt as if I already knew him for years.)

Like I said in an other topic: His voice, good looks, charm and his sence of humor.

I have an Elvis lamp that means much to me and ofcource his records, pic's and posters.

Elvis, there are many people that love you and are worth living for, so don't let the bad guys get to you. You've got so much to give. Just take your time to show it, afterall it's better to learn from the bad things in life and do something with it than to let yourself get lost in the struggles of life.

yep, but it's more personal. :blush:

Fav. Elvis Song?
I love mostly every song, but my fav. are the gospels.

Yep. My hon often says that I can drive people crazy, because I always talk about him and want to try to make other people Elvis fan too.LOl. He's in my heart and in my mind.

I've got many Elvis posters. Can't tell how much. (Too much to count.)

I don't understand this question.

Yep and I often fantasize about him before I go to sleep. Lol.

Why or why not?
It would be a bit too far searched from the sight of non-Elvis fans, but I think there should be a worldwide memorial day or something, because he's worth it and deserves it.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

Lonniebealestreet
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM

OK...P.S. Annie, I told you some time ago that I would tell this story, and I haven't gotten around to it. Well, here goes.

When I was in my late teens, I got a job at Woolworth's. Up to this point in my life, my exposure to Elvis was fairly limited. I was mostly into the music of the Doors and other bands from the sixties and seventies.

I became interested in a girl who worked there at the five-and-dime with me by the name of Twila. So I started talking to her some, and asking my other co-workers what they could tell me about her.

"She's a big Elvis fan," I was told, and I immediately had two thoughts. The first was that her liking Elvis seemed to me to be such a unique thing for someone our age, and the second was, "Love Me Twila". As I said, I didn't know a lot about Elvis, but Love Me Tender was something I knew of and so right away a plan was hatched.

I was a "closet singer" and had been trying to get across to this girl that I was attracted to her. So what I had to do was obvious: I would make a recording of myself singing that song with the altered lyric, and play that tape in the jambox that provided the tunes for our store. I'd be ****ed if that wouldn't do the trick.

Well, the first thing I had to do was get the song, and start working on it. So I bought a CD of Pure Gold, played it, transcribed the lyrics to LMT, and practiced the song. But man, the whole CD sounded great, so I kept playing it over and over.

Friends, I wish I could tell you that I carried out my plan, but I didn't. However the story does have a happy ending--or two, in a way. I ended up not being bold enough to go through with it, but I told the girl about my aborted plan, and she finally got the clue that I wasn't just hanging out with her to be friendly. We've been together ever since (11+ years), married for nearly 8 years, and have three sons. :) The second part of the happy ending is that my interest in Elvis was definitely piqued in a big way. I remember my second Presley purchase was the Madison Square Garden CD. I have since acquired a few more...

Well, if I had to name one thing, I'd go with the voice.

One? It's Impossible. Sorry, no can do.

Sure, I'll quit my job and travel the country with you.

One question that you've been dying to know about him?

Is there more to the story of the hold that Parker seemed to have on him?

Fav. Elvis Song?

I simply cannot answer this question.

Obsessed is perhaps a little strong...but perhaps a little accurate. But hey, it's not like I go to the First Presleytarian Church or anything like that ;) , and I do listen to other people's music.

Probably 15 or so--only a couple hanging. I have another 15 or 20 framed photographs and other Elvis art.

I'm guessing you mean physical feature? His hair, perhaps.

Every now and then, although more often than not I don't remember my dreams.

It's a good enough reason for me to celebrate!

P.S. Annie
09-09-2004, 05:02 AM
Great story Bobby, thanks for sharing, it was worth the wait (y)

Elvisgirl
09-09-2004, 05:47 AM
Yep and I often fantasize about him
dont we all? :) ok maybe not everybody but you know what i mean :)

great stories/answers people (y)

peter
09-09-2004, 06:49 AM
I?m fan of King maybe for 10 years (I?m 18)... 1st song which I ever heard was Jailhouse Rock and I think that now it?s clear why...

VOICE!!!! (y)

DVDs and bootlegs...

You have a stunning voice which I really love!

:hmm: What he wanted to play on August 77 tour...

Fav. Elvis Song?
For me? It?s easy for me - An American Trilogy - this was a soul of King!

This must say someone other.... I think that I love his music, but it?s all...

No.... :'(

I don?t know....

Yes, 2 or 3 times.... I don?t know why, but all my dreams was about his In Concert era. :hmm:

No.

Why or why not?
Elvis is largest music legend in 20th century, that everyone knows, but I don?t see the reason why to do it...

Lonniebealestreet
09-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Great story Bobby, thanks for sharing, it was worth the wait (y)
That's very nice of you, Anoushka. :D

Elena/The Russian EP Fan Club
09-09-2004, 07:16 AM
[B]When did you become a Elvis fan? Why?

14 years ago. I bought my first Elvis audiocassette and when I heard his voice for the first time at that moment I was Elvis true fan.
And today I love this man and his music more then yesterday. And I’m sure that tomorrow I will love Elvis much more then I love him today.

His wonderful music, his precious God given voice, his personality, his generosity……

Only one item?! It’s just impossible! My whole Elvis’ collection! Elvis’ CD’s, Videos, DVD’s, Books…..

Tell you the truth I don’t think I would be able to say a word. But if I could…
'Thank you for your music, Elvis and thank God for you'

Oh not only one question…. If I could talk to him about music, life, God and other things

Fav. Elvis Song?

Oh I love all his songs and I have alot favorites

I don’t know… an obsessed fan… I love this Man, his music. Elvis means so much for me. He is in my heart. An obsessed fan…I don’t like these words

Yes, I have 10 or more Elvis’ posters only just for my Elvis’ collection and for our fan club Elvis’ events. But in my house I have 3 or 4 my favourite framed Elvis’ pictures on the wall and many framed pictures on the tables

Everithing! :)
His voice, his smile, his laughter

Sometimes

Why not? ;) :D
But it’s impossible I guess. But one Official International Elvis’ Day… It would be great!

Why or why not?

You all know why ;) because of our man Elvis!

Cherokee
09-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Been a dormant fan pretty much since birth (spoon fed through much older sister :P ), started collecting things since about 1975, became increasingly active since 1977 :D

His amazing voice, his incredible looks, his laugh:lmfao:, his musical taste, his (Cherokee) heritage :P :clap: (y)

Oh man, that's hard. I guess not any material thing, just the fact that he lived in my life time and that I got to experience his talents and presence on this planet in "real time".

Honey, let me help you..... :(

What the hell kind of hold the Colonel had over him :mad:

Fav. Elvis Song?
Not just one, that would be impossible. My live fave is Aloha's "American Trilogy".

No, I would not. Real life always comes first, and I think really obsessed fans put the object of their obsession before everything else.
I don't have any posters up on my walls, the only visual proof of my being a fan of Elvis are the spines of the books in my book case, the spines of my DVD's near my TV and the backs of my CD's in my CD rack. :P

Yes, I do, have no idea how many. They're all in their cases. My own family's photos are on the walls :)

Not sure what you mean by this. If it's about his looks, it's hard to really pick only one, or it would have to be his perfect nose: wide, yet pointy and simply perfect in profile:wub: (his eyes and cheekbones ain't bad either, let alone his mouth (y) ).

No.

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans? Why or why not?
No, not really. Just hold him in your heart and celebrate the fact that he once was by playing his music and movies ;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2004, 03:37 PM
1977, The news came on the T.V. and a I saw the reaction of my parents and had to find out more about this guy and how he could of had such an effect over people.

His amazing voice, his ability to change over the years, different style etc

My picture collection which is now around the 15,000 mark

take a year out and see the world and re-couperate

What would he change about himself?

Fav. Elvis Song?
Not just one, that would be impossible. Love Mystery Train Tigerman at the Mo

Not really, life tends to take a priority (Might try it for a while :P )

Yes, One In my hallway along with Clint Eastwood, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra and Audry Hepburn

The ability to not become totally self obsorbed when his superstardom would have quite clearly given him the right, he never lost the human touch.

Never

No, The 16th August each year is Elvis day for me, I always take the day off.

Wendy56
11-19-2005, 01:41 AM
So many questions...

Elvis has been, as far as I can remember, almost 15 years with me. I loved his voice since the very fist time I listed to it. Elvis became into my companion by then (when I was a little kind-of-lonely-little-girl :P). By early 90s, Michael St. G. serie was on mexican T.v, so, that caused a major impact on me.

At the beginning, Elvis look impressed me so much. Actually, all rock'n'roll style was new and exciting to me: music, dance, every thing. I loved it! 50s Elvis captured me immediately. I still remember the first time I saw a "king" picture... I feel chills just for thinking on it. :blush: Now, I love all about Elvis. Music and personality. He was such a caring soul. He's an example of a sweet human being. I truly admire him.

I have several items that are especial to me. My fist cassette has a sentimental value: my grandmother bought it on a sunday... long time ago. I used to listen to it too much. Now it's saved inside a cute bag. Want to protect that treasure. By the way, that cassette contains pure rock'n'roll! ;)

I'd like to tell Elvis so many things. I have thought about it... Well, first of all I would thank him for being with me, for sharing such marvelous experiences. I hope you know what I mean. For fans, Elvis is a beautiful friend that join us all the time. We can trust him our deepest secrets. He's our loyal companion.

I have several questions to ask him too. But must of all, I'd like to know why Elvis stayed with C. Parker so long... Thinking about that guy makes me sick. Can't help it.

Favorite song? Elvis has so many beautiful songs. You can use one of them as background for different situations of your life. :) I love Mystey Train. It was one of Elvis firsts song I ever heard. As Long As I Have You has a especial place in my heart too (love-things). :blush: I have many favorite songs... :P

I wouldn't call myself an "obsessed fan". Those words makes me think on someone that twist reality. Is a heavy word, I guess. Elvis is especial for me, but don't reach myself a level of crazyness or something similar. I'm not gonna kill anybody if he/her speaks terrible about Elvis... I hope you understand my point here. :)

My collection of items is not really large. I do own a few posters (don't remember how many). Most of them are gifts from my family and friends. :cool: CD's and movies are expensive, so I must save too much money to be able to buy some of that. :D

Elvis was a gentle person. He was into charity and, for me, that makes him a loving and understanding human being. I love that side of the "king". As I said before, he's an example to me.

"When I go to sleep at night, you're always part of my dreams"... says a song. But, that doesn't happen with me often. :( I enjoy my dreams though. I have a pretty cool imagination. :P

Elvis is a beautiful blessing in my life. His music is a gift to all of us.

mistymorning
11-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi elvis Girl!
sometimes I wish I had a better knowledge of english language to express my feelings about Elvis more clearly.Then please excuse me if there are some mistakes in spelling or sentence order.( but let me tell you that my main reason for learning english was Elvis!!)
I became an elvis fan through my aunt who was a devoted fan herself, I have lived with Elvis since I was 10 years old.I truly love all my elvis items I,ve earned them through many hardships!( what would you feel if you see your favorite elvis stuff in internet but you arenot able to order them?!) then it,s hard for me to choose , but I,ve got a leaf which is very dear for me, this leaf was sent to me by a friend in usa,it had fallen on his grave in graceland.
I love his whole persona, soul & body everything about him is soooo dear for me , every vibration in his voice , any gesture in his movemnts,every expression on his face, everything is dear for me,but to answer your question,well I love his eyes in a special way there is something magical in his look that is so stunning! his every feature is adorable!
There are many songs that I love,but "I just can,t help believin " was the first song which opened my eyes to elvis world, and "a bridge over troubed water" has playes a special role im my life.
And, yes I.ve got 5 posters of elvis hanging on my elvis room.
Obessesed of Elvis?! No I don,t call it "obessesed" just a genuine love !
I love many things about him, his kind heart, his genorosity, his gentle sensetive nature, his true love for people, his ability to be a style maker, his attitude toward his fans, his unquestionable talent in music, his crushed velvet voice,his sense of humor,.............:P
I,d be intereted to know why didn,t he care about his health more carefully?!
why didn,t he marry Ann-Margaret?
why didn,t he quit Colonel Parker?!
Why didn,t he notice me as a woman who truly loves him ?!!!!!!;)

And yes I dream about him sometimes! Two years ago I was really sick and feverish I saw him in my dreams touching my forehead , next morning I felt really better!
I am not sure if I.ve answered all your questions or not! I don,t have enough time to check! My baby is awaking and I should go to him!but It,s really a nice thread,and I enjoyed answeing them.wish a good day for you and all elvis fans!!:) ;) :king:

amzietamzie
11-27-2005, 10:18 AM
i became an elvis fan back in january... am nearly 17 so hadnt really heard much of him before then. my mum asked me to download heartbreak hotel for her and when i did i literally fell in love and have become an obsessive elvis fan ever since!

i think it would have to be the fact that not only he was a great singer, gorgeous voice, but he was so generous and kind and really just a lovely lovely man. he cared about his fans and the people who supported him and i think he, unlike most entertainers, is remembered chiefly for his character, good humour and kindness as well as his looks (yummy) and splendid voice...

ummmm... i think it would have to be "Elvis: That's the Way it is" cos it was my first DVD of him, the first time i ever saw him live singing and i watch it all the time...

i love you...

that's v hard... what was he really like...

Fav. Elvis Song?
love me

most definitely am an obsessed fan. drive my friends and family crazy as EVERY conversation results in elvis being brought up!

i have 2 big elvis posters and have 4 large postcards of him on the wall, countless small piccys and an enormous calender...

i like his face, especially his eyes, lips, sideburns and hair...

he sometimes comes into my dreams... the night before my birthday i dreamt he came and gave me the dvd that i subsequently got the next day and said "enjoy it baby"

yes!!

Why or why not?
what could be better!!!

Wendy56
11-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Elvisgirl,

With this question: "Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?
Why or why not?" You mean an "Elvis Day"? Because I know (a bit only) about the Elvis Presley Day in Tupelo, USA. It's September 26th.

Menwithbrokenhearts
11-28-2005, 10:16 PM

I became a fan sometime in the 60's because my Mom was a big fan. She had some records that I listened to alot, and then I started getting them for presents and such. It wasn't long before that was all that I listened to. I had posters, mags and records all over my room at the time.

His gift of interpretation which came from his soul.

I saw him in concert in 1976 in memphis and I took some pictures, saved the ticket stub and kept the article from the paper the next day. Since then I have found the bootleg recording from that concert, some professional photos, and a Joe TunZi book half devoted to that concert called "Highway 51". So all that and the photo of my dad with Elvis in 1974.

Thank you for the music. It inspires me, helps me and moves me.

Did Memphis treat you right while you lived there? We sure loved you. Probably too much.

Fav. Elvis Song?

How Great Thou Art. ( Almost any Live performance)

My Wife would say so. But after being in Memphis during Elvis week, I think not!!

Sadly, not any more.

Big heart..

If I have been reading about him, or watching a concert.

No. Only because I think holidays are abused already.

Why or why not?

Lisarose
04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
This old thread reminded me of the "Getting to Know You" emails I get. Seemed fun so I bumped it.

Around age 9. I had gone with my brothers to see Tickle Me. I just couldn't get his image out of my mind. He was so handsome and so romantic.

Everything. His looks, his voice, his talent, his heart.

The things I have are the things anyone can get from any shop. They give me comfort, but they aren't valuable. I wouldn't miss them if they should perish. I'd just start collecting them over again. I do like my Raised On Rock Elvis tin, however.

"Marry Me?"
Who's your best girl? Who do you dream of?

Fav. Elvis Song?
You've got to be kidding!?! Do You Know Who I Am, Relax, Pocketful of Rainbows, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, Paralyzed - I think that's one from each category!:lmfao:

Yes, if you saw my growing collection, you wouldn't need to ask why! :blush::lmfao:

Yes, 2, RollingStones cover of the 68 Special, and Wertheimer's photo of Elvis on the Harley looking at the gas tank

His hands.

Never had a dream about him, but I daydream constantly!

Isn't that what ElvisWeek is all about?:lmfao::lmfao: Sorry, I was gone for a little while, but I'm back now - Sure, it would be fun to hang around with people who know exactly what I'm feeling and not have to justify Elvis or myself.

rickb
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
When did you become a Elvis fan? About 1973 - saw TTWII and loved Polk Salad Annie

What do you love most about Elvis? The music, the man

An original poster for TTWII. I saw it at the drive-in with friends who were Elvis fans. POolk Salad Annie converted me. My best friend later died and I got the poster from his wall. I now have a mint copy of the same thing but the tape-marked, ripped poster is framed on my wall.

thank you for everything

One question that you've been dieing to know about him?
About his final hours.

Fav. Elvis Song?
T*R*O*O*U*B*L*E*, Unchained Meldoy

Pretty close

I only collect original movie poster and have a big collection of Australian daybill and one-sheets, US one-sheets and lobby cards. It never ends.

his voice, his humour, his caring nature

No

not really but I'll say yes anyway

Why or why not?

rick

SweetCaroline
04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow! Lots of young Elvis fans :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
Makes me feel as old as Methuselah :blush::blush::blush:

I will come back in a bit and fill out the questionaire....
Need to go find my spectacles. :lol::lmfao::lol::lmfao:

utmom2008
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)(y)(y)(y)

goodelvisgirl
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM

well i was 12 years old and i heard the song indescribably blue at my uncles house and i was hooked i wanted to hear more songs and find out a bit more about him lucky for me my two uncles are elvis fans so i asked them but i am now the fanatic

his fantastic voice his abilty to sing any song an make it his own his fantastic powerfilled emotion packed renditions of the 70's classics like hurt,i'v lost you and is easy for you also his power packed stage performances

that would be my complte elvis gospel collection on 3 cd's i love elvis gospel and these have it all like life and reach out to jesus he could sing gosel like no other

thank you for the music and thank you for just being you

where id he come up with the idea of all his outfits ofstage as some of them are very flashy but still just so him he had great style and would love to know his thoughts behind the outfits

Fav. Elvis Song?

where did they go lord its fantastic song such power such emotion it has been my fav since i first heard it at he age of 13

well i wouldn't say obbsessed but i do love the man and his music

too manyto mention i had three walls full of posters and pics but have taken them down and limited it to a few pics

his ability to reach out to all people no matter what there gender ,religion or race whether they were rich or poor he accepted eveyone for who they were a truely remarkable human being with a great soul and such generosity

i wouldn't say i dream about him but i often wonder what he would be doing now had he lived and what kind of music he would have made over the years and if he would have remarried and wonder what a world tour would have been like

i am only 18 but i appreciate elvis as a peson and his musical talent he touched the wrold with his music and he will always be remembered
as one of the greatest men and muscians to ever live a true great a one and only we were all lucky to have the pleasure to have been given elvis ad his great talent

Awickedreigndrop
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
When did you become a Elvis fan? Why? I was 5 or 6 years old and I remember watching his movies. I guess I became an instant fan!

What do you love most about Elvis? I love how he's a total package and how he was very humble about it.

Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you? A trading card that has a piece of his shirt in it.

If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be? Hey, how's it going? Hopefully that will strike up a conversation

One question that you've been dyinnng to know about him? Boxers or briefs. No J/k. I would ask him what the number one place he would like to perform outside the States.

Fav. Elvis Song? Suspicious Minds

Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or Why not? Kinda.... My mom says I am! I have a lot of Elvis related things. Right down to all of the Lilo & Stitch movies.

Do you own any Elvis Posters? How many? Idk, I have a lot!

Whats your favorite feature about Elvis? His eyes and hands

Do you often dream about Elvis? Dreams where I'm out cold, I'll say about a couple per month. Day dreaming... that's a different story!:P

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans? Yes!

Why or why not? I think it'll be something very fun. They have a holiday for everyone else

The King's Queen
04-08-2008, 05:31 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Unfotunately...I can feel your pain on this one Carole! :doh:;)

The King's Queen
04-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Oh gee whiz...when I was just a babe I guess...My Daddy used to sing his stuff and I got hooked early in life.
Can't narrow it down...sorry. :'(

Well...I guess that would have to be a very old necklace charm that my Mom and Dad got me for Christmas many years ago when I was a teenager.

I'm the girl you looked for all of your life! ;)

What really happened in his last hours.

Fav. Elvis Song?
Decisions, decisions... :doh: Gosh...How Great Thou Art would probably be it...because I can sense his spirituality in his voice.

Lord yes! And by my own admission too...:blush: Because I have sought help, and am now ready to proclaim to the world.."My name is Lea, and I have an Elvis problem"....:blink:

Back in the day, I had MANY... But the hubs doesn't like having to compete with Elvis, so I don't have any plastered on the bedroom walls now....;)

HANDS...and eyes, and smile...and BODY too! :P

Yes...:'(

Absolutely! (y)

Why or why not?
We have 'holidays' for so many...why not one for the King of Rock??? He deserves some recognition for his contributions to music. :king:

marijaep
04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Great thread! (y)

Two years ago, I was just about to turn 14! Saw him performing the Aloha From Hawaii concert on TV- and the rest is history!

One of the questions that have more than 1000 answers :P

He Touched Me : The Gospel Music Of Elvis Presley. Mum bought it for my birthday and it's my first Elvis DVD. I remember how happy I was on that day, although I've got many "bigger" gifts on my birthday that DVD still is the best present I've ever got! :blush:

Thank you!

I'd like to ask him if he was really happy and if he ever realized how much he was loved.

Fav. Elvis Song?
My favorites change everyday. For today I guess my favorite would be I'm Leavin'

At first I was denying that I am obsessed. But now, lol, I can say that I am effected by the Elvis flu and yes, I am obsessed!

I own only 3 posters but I absolutely love them!

The voice is what drew me to him at first. Then, as I was getting to know him better, I discovered those full lips, hair, eyes, body (!!) and of course..his inner-beauty :D

I've dreamed only once about Elvis...funny thing. I often forget my dreams, so maybe I am dreaming of him every night!:lol:

Absolutely! And not only for the fans, but for all the people in general (y)

Why or why not?
Simple : Because he deserved it! ;)

The King's Queen
04-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey...some great answers Marija! (y);)

Ben(L)Sophie
04-08-2008, 10:56 AM
about 1995(when i was 4) i was a naughty child and was in trouble a lot so my granddad(a massive Elvis fan) used to get me to sit and watch Love Me Tender with him, and i watched it over and over again and can remember most of the words to it :lol:
the music
the first CD i ever bought of him, The Twelfth Of Never(a single)
your the greatest ever
why didn't he get himself sorted after the '74 'storm'
Fav. Elvis Song?
you Don't Have To Say You Love Me
yes and no, i will defend him for everything but i wouldn't give up everything for him, i love him, but not in the same way as i love my girlfriend,family.
yes, about 30
hes one of the nicest people ever
no
yes
Why or why not?
he deserves it

marijaep
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey...some great answers Marija! (y);)

Thank you Lea:flowers:

Suspicious Minds
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
When did you become an Elvis fan? Why?
When I had the Elvis sings Flaming Star album for Christmas present in 1969 and saw he had all those Gold Records Albums on the back. I had to find out more about this Elvis Presley.

Some years Elvis was the best looking guy I have seen. Always used his manners when talking to fans or reporters.

It has to be the Elvis sings Flaming Star album.
If I did not get this album I might have not been a fan.

Why didn’t you tour England Elvis?

That’s a hard question because most have been asked.

Fav. Elvis Song?
Don’t Be Cruel is my favourite track.

I am just an ordinary Elvis fan. Don’t buy everything because it has Elvis’s name or photo on things for sale.

Don’t collect posters. I use to but couldn’t keep them posted on walls in my room.

What’s your favourite feature about Elvis?
I liked his hair style and is famous smile.

No.

Yes.

Why or why not?
Because Elvis was liked Worldwide.

LianaKaralivanou
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
1. When did you become an Elvis fan? Why?
I was 6 or 7 years old and I didn't know who Elvis was at the time. One night, I said goodnight to my family and went to bed. It was almost 10 o'clock . But I just couldn't sleep. Suddenly, I heard a man's voice singing beautifully. My folks were watching a TV show about the life and career of Elvis Presley. I was simply stunned. He was singing "Love me tender". I've never heard anything like that before. I got up from my bed and quietly went to the living room and I saw him. That was it! The next day I was on my knees begging my mother to buy me his record with "Love me tender" in it.

2. What do you love most about Elvis?
I could easily say his eyes, his smile, his face, his voice, his character, his moves. Okay all of these but for me, the most important thing about Elvis was his charisma. He had a talent and personality that no other entertainer ever had. He was an influencial entertainer. The power of his presence was unique.

3. Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you.
I don't think that I can choose just one Elvis' item. I love my books, my pictures, my cd's, my dvd's. The whole Elvis stuff that I own.

4. If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be?
Thank you for all the joy you brought into my life.

5. One question that you've been dying to know about him?
If he had any regrets about thing he had done or hadn't done.

6. Favourite Elvis song?
One song? Wow...that's tough. Well, if you insist, after much thought, I would say "Always on my mind" for personal reasons...

7. Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or why not?
Without doubt, yes. I would call myself an obsessed fan. No day passes by without thinking of him and listening to his songs. I save money to go to Graceland and sacrifice other things for myself just to do this. I often dream about him at nights. I guess that I am obsessed...

8. Do you own any Elvis posters? How many?
I have 10 Elvis posters. I used to hang them on my bedroom walls but now that I'm married I just keep them with the rest of my Elvis stuff.

9. What's your favorite feature about Elvis?
His sexy blue eyes.

10. Do you often dream about Elvis?
Oh, yes. Sometimes my dreams are very crazy and complicated. I often see him as a member of my family(!) and sometimes as my boyfriend. Of course I don't reveal those dreams to my husband!!

11. Do you think that there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?
Absolutely.

12. Why or why not?
Because he changed the music history. He was a decent man, generous and influenced so many people.

utmom2008
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
1. When did you become an Elvis fan? Why?
I was in the 4th grade when the 68 Special was first shown. I was sick with the flu, but my parents let me stay up to watch it. I will NEVER forget that 1st moment. That was it...NO turning back. I may have been young...but I also knew that was the sexiest man I had ever seen.;)

2. What do you love most about Elvis?
I really don't think that can be narrowed down to just ONE thing. He had it ALL...he WAS the total package. I honestly don't think the world will ever see anything like him again. His years here on earth may have been short....but Elvis will be with us for eternity.:blush:

3. Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you.
This is an easy one. The scarf that he gave me on Opening night..August 6th, 1973.

4. If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be?
Thank you for living during my lifetime....for the complete joy and pure happiness that you gave me. It was quite a ride while it lasted.. I can't imagine a life without Elvis.

5. One question that you've been dying to know about him?
Why did he make some of the choices that he made......:blink:

6. Favourite Elvis song?
This is one question that I can't answer. In his shows I loved American Trilogy,My Way,Suspicious Minds,You've Lost That Lovin Feeling, etc..etc See my problem??;)

7. Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or why not?
I would call myself terminally obsessed. How can you NOT be is my question.:doh:

8. Do you own any Elvis posters? How many?
During my High School years my walls AND ceiling were covered in Elvis. It looked like Elvis wallpaper.

9. What's your favorite feature about Elvis?
That absolutely Adonnis like handsome face....and the sweetest smile God ever gave a man.

10. Do you often dream about Elvis?
I have dreamed about Elvis off and on since 1968.

11. Do you think that there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?
Absolutely....

12. Why or why not?
Because he was the greatest cultural influence of the 20th century.

Awickedreigndrop
04-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Elvisgirl,

With this question: "Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?
Why or why not?" You mean an "Elvis Day"? Because I know (a bit only) about the Elvis Presley Day in Tupelo, USA. It's September 26th.

Reaally?! That's my birthday! (runs off to plan trip to Tupelo for birthday)

Lisarose
04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Lots of great answers! Welcome on board Ben(L)Sophie, nice to meet another young fan. Hope to see more posts!

The King's Queen
04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Reaally?! That's my birthday! (runs off to plan trip to Tupelo for birthday)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Don't blame ya! (y) Sounds like a great birthday present to me....!;)

hounddog
04-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Can't remember not being a fan, I played the Elvis records my Mum got from my brother in 1973 so much i wore them out. i was 3 then

I love that he didn't take himself to seriously.

My gold boxed tour book.

Thank you and take a year off to get your body and head straight.

Did you get sick of your sideburns.

Fav. Elvis Song?

Tomorrow Never Comes

Yes i'm obsessed, i guess cause i need to have soemthing Elvis releated to look at or listen to each day. Also if i'm down Elvis' music makes me feel. better.

I own so many some are at my Mum's. Actually i have around 20. The large own that are backed just won't fit in my car taht's why they're are my Mum's still. (do glass mirors count as posters, got three of them also at my Mum's)

His eyes.

Not often. Mostly it's about having a deep and meaniful with him and giving him a hug and telling not to get lott in his fears and fame. And to remove the people he feels he can't trust from his life.

Oh why not we have holdiays for lots of other things. The non Elvis fans wouldn't mind a day of either.

Cliff
04-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I became an Elvis fan long before I heard him sing or even saw a movie.I can remember to this day.It would have been 1957.I was 10.I was sitting in the salon waiting for my Mom to get her hair done(as all good 10 year old boys do)and I happened to pick up a magazine and started to look at the pictures.There was an article comparing Elvis' profile to some of the old greek statues.I don't to this day know what it was,but I just took an instant liking to him.Then one day I heard Heartbreak Hotel on the radio and that was it.Some time later my Mom took me to see "Love Me Tender"and that sealed it. It wasn't long before I was standing in front of the class with a tennis racket doing all the moves.I guess I could say he was the friend I never met.
I do'nt know if love is the right word.But what I admired about him was his generosity and his respect for other people. Something that is missing in the so called pop stars today.He was a good role model.
I have 2 items actually.One is his autograph,and the other is a pic of him holding a painting that I did of him,Priscilla and Lisa.I use it as my avatar.I'm so proud of it.
If I was to say anything to Elvis now it would be "What did you do with the painting I did for you in '68?"
I couldn't really pick any song as being a favourite.
I wouldn't say I was A fan in the true sence of the word.Probably a very avid admirer.
I don't have any posters but I have a lot of picture books.
I think Elvis special feature is his eyes. They say that the eyes are a window to the soul and I would say Elvis had a beautiful soul. When ever I do a drawing of him I always try to capture that warmth and sincerity he had in his eyes.
I've had the odd dream over the years where Elvis has featured.That's hard to answer.
I don't know about a holiday.It would have to be world wide because he is so admired. I think as long as we remember him in our own way.

utmom2008
04-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I have 2 items actually.One is his autograph,and the other is a pic of him holding a painting that I did of him,Priscilla and Lisa.I use it as my avatar.I'm so proud of it.
If I was to say anything to Elvis now it would be "What did you do with the painting I did for you in '68?"

OK...now you have our attention.;) Please tell us more about the picture and how that came to be.:blink::supriced::D

Lisarose
04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I became an Elvis fan long before I heard him sing or even saw a movie.I can remember to this day.It would have been 1955.I was 10.I was sitting in the salon waiting for my Mom to get her hair done(as all good 10 year old boys do)and I happened to pick up a magazine and started to look at the pictures.There was an article comparing Elvis' profile to some of the old greek statues.I don't to this day know what it was,but I just took an instant liking to him.Then one day I heard Heartbreak Hotel on the radio and that was it.Some time later my Mom took me to see "Love Me Tender"and that sealed it. It wasn't long before I was standing in front of the class with a tennis racket doing all the moves.I guess I could say he was the friend I never met.
I do'nt know if love is the right word.But what I admired about him was his generosity and his respect for other people. Something that is missing in the so called pop stars today.He was a good role model.
If I was to say anything to Elvis now it would be "What did you do with the painting I did for you in '68?"I couldn't really pick any song as being a favourite.
I wouldn't say I was A fan in the true sence of the word.Probably a very avid admirer.
I don't have any posters but I have a lot of picture books.
I think Elvis special feature is his eyes. They say that the eyes are a window to the soul and I would say Elvis had a beautiful soul. When ever I do a drawing of him I always try to capture that warmth and sincerity he had in his eyes.
I've had the odd dream over the years where Elvis has featured.That's hard to answer.
I don't know about a holiday.It would have to be world wide because he is so admired. I think as long as we remember him in our own way.

Cliff, this is so COOL! Thank you for answering this. You should post some of your drawings in the galleries - or have you? :blush: I don't often visit those pages.

Cliff
04-16-2008, 01:24 AM
O.K. Here goes. I belonged to the local fan club for quite some time and my then wife and I were very good freinds with the President Maria Noaro as well as being members.Anyway I knew she was going to the states to meet Elvis and I really wanted to do something for her to give him.I hit on the idea of doing a painting of him and his family.It was actually my first attemt at painting and actually it turned out quite well. It was done in acrylics. Any how ,she presented it to Elvis and he was really thrilled with it.Some of the details are a bit hazy after all this time but I think that her and some other Elvis fans met him outside his Holmby Hills home. I seem to recall they said he was making a movie at the time and he still had some make up on. After the meeting,and Elvis had gone inside,Priscilla came down to the gates and spoke to the fans and told Maria she really liked the painting.Somewhere I have a magazine with the story Maria told of that day.It may take a little while to find it,but when I do I'll see if I can scan it and post it.So be ready for the next installment!!Just to add to this I was really pleased to see some of the photos of the meeting and Elvis with my painting in the TCB Galleries. Funny, I've never done another painting since then.I've done a lot of drawings but never really completed any, or just threw them away.Strange huh? ;):bye:
OK...now you have our attention.;) Please tell us more about the picture and how that came to be.:blink::supriced::D

Lisarose
04-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Cliff, thank you for the story! Looking forward to the updates! And if you decide to
take up painting again, remember TCB-Gallery is always looking for new posts!

epcomics
04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
When did you become a Elvis fan? Why? When I was very, very little (maybe 2 or 3) my dad would play Elvis for me.

What do you love most about Elvis? His music although his whole life is interesting.

Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you? An original poster for the 68' comeback, probably not rare but I like it nonetheless.

One question that you've been dyinnng to know about him? How did he do his hair in the 50's

Fav. Elvis Song? As of know, Faded Love (It changes constantly)

Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or Why not? Yes, sometimes I get a little too crazy.

Do you own any Elvis Posters? How many? Yup, 3

Whats your favorite feature about Elvis? His voice, physically it's his hair.

Do you often dream about Elvis? I've had many dreams about sneaking upstairs at Graceland.

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans? Yeah

Why or why not? MLK Jr get's one, and not to underestimate him (he was an incredibly influential and important man, God Bless his soul) but Elvis helped a LOT to help conquer racism.

rhythmknights
05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
my cousin Nik loved Elvis before me, Aunt Bobbie would have all these Elvis videos for him, and we'd all watch them. and of course, mom was always playing her elvis cds around the house
everything. his heart, his eyes,everything.
elvis handbag, because my nana made it for me.

you could have made your home anywhere - what is it about Memphis that you never wanted to leave it!
where would you have started your world tour?

Fav. Elvis Song?
this week - I'm Leaving
no, but i find i'm in a minority on that count

yes, 3 and counting
blue eyes

no, but i'm working on it
yes, but not just for fans for everyone. we have holidays for bosses and secretaries, why not for one of a kind entertainers - no scratch that - one of a kind human beings

utmom2008
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
no, but i find i'm in a minority on that count

Sara...:supriced::supriced:...what on earth is wrong with you child? :supriced: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Broussey
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
- I became and elvis fan when the movie elvis and me was on t.v i think i was 8 i am now 26
- I love is humor, his sensitivity his faith and his strength

- I don't have much but everything i do have is very special to me

- read to me
- did u really have a fight with curry grant in Germany when cilia said he tried to rap her
Fav. Elvis Song?
- He touched me

-Not an obsessed but close, i just cant get enoughDo you own any Elvis Posters? How many?
- No i do not
- His eyes

- I have

-Yes i do, Because out of all the stars out there Elvis is still number one because of his fans and i think we deserve it :)

rhythmknights
05-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Sara...:supriced::supriced:...what on earth is wrong with you child? :supriced: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:blink: you mean not everyone listens to elvis music everyday?

:lmfao:

cibetty
05-07-2008, 06:03 AM
When did you become an Elvis fan? Why? I heard about him first in 1992, when I was 14 and I saw "This Is Elvis" documentary on TV, but I became a fan last April, when I saw TTWII (the restored version from 2001). I bought that DVD on April 23 and I saw it on the other day, on April 24, 2007. So that was the exact date. I thought this man was absolutely wonderful (especially when he sang "The Wonder Of You" in the movie). So that was that moment when he totally stole my heart.

What do you love most about Elvis? I can't mention only one thing. I love the whole man, I love his bright blue eyes, his full mouth, his face, the way he sometimes looked like a child, he had beautiful skin, he had perfect body (especially in 1970), I love his moving, his straight posture, his voice (not only when he sang, I love his speaking voice too), his humour, his kindness, his energy and the way he was able to be manly, sensitive and emotional in the same time, and the way he loved his fans, his inside beauty, his spirituality and generousity.

Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you? I can't mention only one thing. The things what I received from other fans, mean so much to me (a pic from TTWII, from 'Elvisly Yours' shop in London), the TTWII 2 DVDs version (what didn't come out in my country), the Aloha From Hawaii DVD. Elvis By The Presley's and the 68 Comeback DVD (I bought these here), and I have some own CDs, pics and books. "Elvis And Me" is my fav book about him.

If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be? I would say thank you for the joy and happiness what he brought in my life.

One question that you've been dyinnng to know about him? I would ask about his happiest and sadest moments and about the things what really hurt him. And what he would change in his life if he would get another chance.

Fav. Elvis Song? The Wonder Of You (But of course I have many more...)

Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or Why not? No, I wouldn't. It is not a secret that I am a fan, but I don't always talk about it. Not everybody knows even in my family. I love other music, but Elvis will always be special for me.

Do you own any Elvis Posters? How many? No, I don't. I don't have a poster about him.

Whats your favorite feature about Elvis? Well, I have already written about it. His eyes, his lips, his body (especially his slim waist and his hip LOL... I thought about his best era of course, in 1968 and 1970). I can't mention only one thing, the whole man was beautiful like a Greek god or an angel.

Do you often dream about Elvis? No, I have never dreamt about him yet.

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans? Ha ha, yes, it would be great.

Why or why not? He was able to change the music, to change the culture during his short life, he gave so much joy and happiness, he worked on so many days and nights of the year to make the people happy when others took a rest, I really think he would deserve at least one day in the year.

ehollier
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM
When did you become an Elvis fan? Why? I grew up with Elvis because my parents were the generation that heard him in the 50's. I can remember hearing Suspicious Minds and In the Ghetto in the early 70's. I am the same age of Lisa Marie. I also can remember where I was when I heard he had died just like it happened yesterday. I also recall seeing TTWII and the '68 Comeback Performance when they released it in 1985 and realized, at a very young 18 years old, his tremendous sex appeal.

What do you love most about Elvis? Besides his beautiful body (please refer to my forum "Ladies --- favorite features"), he has a charsma that words just cannot describe and a voice that can move even the most stubborn heart.

Name 1 Elvis item that you own that means the most to you? I don't collect memorabelia, but I do enjoy listening to his music, especially the numerous outtakes of his recording sessions that have been released!!!

If you could have said 1 thing to Elvis, what would it be? "Please sing to me."

One question that you've been dying to know about him? I think I would ask him why he wasn't a better husband, given his tremendous capacity for emotion and the impact of his separation and divorce had on his life. His complicated relationship, especially his sexual phobias and unfaithfulness, with Priscilla have always intrigued me. I cannot understand how he could claim to love her, but continue to cheat on her and refuse her throughout their long complex relationship.

Fav. Elvis Song? Gosh, there are soooo many. Depends on my mood. I love his interrpetation of Bridge Over Troubled Water. I also love Suspicious Minds and all the of the music on The Memphis Sessions!!!!!! I also love anything with an R & B sound that he sang b/c it was just Elvis personified!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you call yourself an obsessed fan? Why or Why not? I don't collect his memorabelia, but I enjoy visiting this site to exchange theories and ideas about his impact on our culture. I also would rather listen to his music rather than anything on the radio or TV.

Do you own any Elvis Posters? How many? No, again, I don't collect memorabelia.

Whats your favorite feature about Elvis? Again, you may refer to my forum thread "Ladies -- favorite features." When he was in his peak form, there has been no one who can even come close to that smouldering sexuality!!!!!!!!!!!! A fan in the 1950's referred to him as a "hunk of forbidden fruit." What more can a lady say??

Do you often dream about Elvis? No.

Do you think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans? I thought fans worldwide celebrate his life and impact every year in the month of August. Ha Ha!!!!!!!

Why or why not? His impact was enormous, although I cannot appreciate it as much as my parents generation. Younger fans today, including myself, didn't grow up during the 50's before he arrived on the music scene. It is difficult for me to understand it, although I'm a vorocious reader of all things Elvis and this has always stumped me. I also cannot fathom his worldwide fandome. I always thought he was a icon here in the United States, especially here in the South after his death. But sites like this one (and the thousands of others!!!!!!!) just astound me because there are so many people, young and old alike, who cannot get enough of this genius!!! I continually ask the question "Why, why, are you so drawn to him?? How can you be so dedicated to a man that was popular and died years before you were born?? Why are you enthralled with a person that, in your country, you cannot get his music/memorabelia??? Why are you drawn to him when, during his last, most unfavorable, years, are constantly being drawn into the limelight????

renapap05
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
When did u become an Elvis fan?Why?
I became a fan in 2007 when it was the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death...In TV they played some movies of his and all the magazines wrote about him.I saw that he was handsome,had a magical voice and I loved his laugh...:wub:So,i decided to learn more about him and...here I am!:D
What do u love most about Elvis?
I love EVERYTHING about him!I haven't noticed something i don't like about him yet...:blush:
Name 1 Elvis item u own that means the most to u?
Hmm,let me think...:hmm::doh:I guess the ''TTWII'' documentary and my collectible Elvis figures!
If u could have said 1 thing to Elvis,what would it be?
''Would u like to make love to me..?'':'(
I have many many questions...But i'd like to know the most things the other members answered in this question and i would like to know also about his habits..!
Fav.Elvis song?
I love all of them...They're too many to mention!
Would u call yourself an obsessed fan?Why or why not?
I'm a true fan,but i don't think I'm as obsessed as other fans...They're worse than me,i guess!But sometimes u could call me this way...For example,if I saw Elvis on stage and he would touch my hand,he wouldn't have the time to kiss me cause i would probably faint when he was touching my hand!:lmfao:
Do u own any Elvis posters?How many?
Yes,i have 3 of them.
What's your favorite feature about Elvis?
His face,his voice,his character...:wub:Everything,just everything..!:D
Do u often dream about Elvis?
24/7.
Do u think there should be a holiday for Elvis fans?Why or Why not?
I think there should be,cause we(the fans)could go on holidays and meet eachother and talk about our loving man..!:lol:

beckelvis
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Good there we go:

1-in 1994
2-everithing
3-cdŽand dvdŽs
4-thank you for existing
5-if her wanted to have more freedom
6-American Trilogy
7-the say to me that obsessed,but iŽm charmed with the compliment.
8-of 12
9-his smile,his voice,his hands,his eyes.......
10-always
11-the truth is that if,serius brillant(genial),to know people with the same tastes.:notworthy:notworthy