PDA

View Full Version : question about Sean Shaver

presley31
01-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Does anybody know if this guy Sean Shaver took the photo's of linda posing all around graceland and if elvis asked him to do it??

MissyM
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I've wondered that too. Good question.

presley31
01-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I've wondered that too. Good question.

yes missy l'am very curious cause we all know how elvis was about taking private pictures when he wasn't around, so l like to know the turth as to why linda got to pose.

epmoodyblue
01-19-2008, 11:23 AM
dunno......if he took pics of linda..but i do know he is a good person or was..i dont know if hes still alive...i always bought my elvis pictures from Sean Shaver in 75-76 until 78 i have tons of elvis pics in my collection thanks to him..and he was very kind i would send canadian money cash in the envelope to pay for the set i pics i would order all the time and he had no problem with that..one of the best elvis photographers ever..he used to live in kansas city

Suzan
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Sean was a good guy and indeed Elvis commissioned him to take quite a few pics of not just Linda but Pris as well. Sadly he passed away.

Elvis gave Jeanne Lemay ok to take pics as well, even posing in some of them.

Why this fray about the pics? Pris posed at the top of the second story landing sticking her tongue out, to me that is way more disrespectful then Linda posing for photos that Elvis ASKED for.:)

jon_burrows
01-19-2008, 11:41 AM
The pictures of Linda around Graceland are from the collection of Sherif Hanna.
From what I've heard Sean Shaver is an unsavoury character.

presley31
01-19-2008, 11:44 AM

thank you:D

Suzan
01-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Unsavory in what way? I"ve heard nothing but good about him from those that actually knew and spent time w/him.

Amazing how some pick and chose what they want to believe w/o so much as reading up on anything, except maybe MAYBE one book. ROF

epmoodyblue
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
From what I've heard Sean Shaver is an unsavoury character. from what I've heard ??? and thats good enough for you???..well buddy dont believe everything you hear...sean was a great person..im really sad to hear he passed away:'( ...at least i got facts about him not gossip ..from the time i did buisness with him from 75 to 79 he was the best..i always looked forward to recieving those unique blue envelopes from him back in the good old days..def he was the best elvis photographer he was a good friend

Suzan
01-19-2008, 12:18 PM
from what I've heard ??? and thats good enough for you???..well buddy dont believe everything you hear...sean was a great person..im really sad to hear he passed away:'( ...at least i got facts about him not gossip ..from the time i did buisness with him from 75 to 79 he was the best..i always looked forward to recieving those unique blue envelopes from him back in the good old days..def he was the best elvis photographer he was a good friend

Well said! :notworthy(y)

epmoodyblue
01-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Well said! :notworthy(y)(y)
by the way love your elvis site(y)(y)(y)(y):notworthy:king:

Suzan
01-19-2008, 12:31 PM
(y)
by the way love your elvis site(y)(y)(y)(y):notworthy:king:

Wow, thank you! :D I'm in midst of working on a new layout as it is way past the "Tis the Season" lol :)
I appreciate the kind words about the site though, I really do, thank you again.:)

SweetCaroline
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank those of you who stuck up for Sean. Like all human beings he is complicated, but Sean through a **** of a lot of perserverance brought us wonderful pictures of Elvis, and some of the most gorgeous Elvis photo books ever made.... that we fans would not have otherwise had... and for that as fans we should always be grateful!

Suzan
01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Thank those of you who stuck up for Sean. Like all human beings he is complicated, but Sean through a **** of a lot of perserverance brought us wonderful pictures of Elvis, and some of the most gorgeous Elvis photo books ever made.... that we fans would not have otherwise had... and for that as fans we should always be grateful!

Well put! :D

How anyone could speak ill of him I don't know....I guess they never took the time to find out for themselves but went off of what other's who may have had an axe to grind or jealousy cloud their view.
He was complex, but so are all human beings, some more then others, but had it not been for him, as you said, we would not have the wonderful photos that we have of Elvis and if for nothing else, for that he deserves our kind words.
And it says a lot to me that Elvis trusted him enough to allow him that closeness and to ask him to do the private photos, that initself is good enough for me.:D

ad schijven
01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Everything Suzan said in this topic is true, but that`s not what "Presley 31" wants to hear. She wants to hear that Sean didn`t make any of those pictures so she can win a discussion she`s having on another forum with a friend of mine.

I knew Sean very well and spent several days at his ranch in Kansas City and traveled through Memphis with him in 1991. This guy is so extremly generous and i`m glad to read that "Epmoodyblue", Suzan and "Sweetcaroline" have the same experience.

I know for a fact that Sean took some of the pictures that are in the Graceland book, don`t know who took the others. I`ve seen the pictures and negatives in his home in Kansas City while i was visiting and believe me......this is just the top of the iceberg. Sean had pictures of Linda in the foyer wich we will never see, because they are too sexy. Sean made these pictures of Linda as a surprise for Elvis and Elvis loved them.
I don`t know if Jeanne Lemay took the other pictures, but Elvis was close to her too. She even worked for him as a secretary.
She stayed in the same hotel as i did last summer in Horn Lake while we where both there for the 30th anniversary. On August the 16th i met her again in Vernon`s house and she seems like a really nice lady.
As where Sean is concerned....he was indeed a strange guy. He loved women but never married. He could scream at a waiter in a hotel and give him a 40 dollar tip as he left, but what counts is that Sean loved Elvis and he gave us the most beautiful pictures ever including those from Linda.
So "Presley31".....in case you`re wondering if i`m making this story up......i can prove it with several letters that Sean has written me about those pictures. He knew i loved Linda and used to tease me with it in his letters. Those pictures where just as rare as the ones from Elvis`suite at the Las Vegas Hilton......if you know what i mean........

KPM
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Everything Suzan said in this topic is true, but that`s not what "Presley 31" wants to hear. She wants to hear that Sean didn`t make any of those pictures so she can win a discussion she`s having on another forum with a friend of mine.

I knew Sean very well and spent several days at his ranch in Kansas City and traveled through Memphis with him in 1991. This guy is so extremly generous and i`m glad to read that "Epmoodyblue", Suzan and "Sweetcaroline" have the same experience.

I know for a fact that Sean took some of the pictures that are in the Graceland book, don`t know who took the others. I`ve seen the pictures and negatives in his home in Kansas City while i was visiting and believe me......this is just the top of the iceberg. Sean had pictures of Linda in the foyer wich we will never see, because they are too sexy. Sean made these pictures of Linda as a surprise for Elvis and Elvis loved them.
I don`t know if Jeanne Lemay took the other pictures, but Elvis was close to her too. She even worked for him as a secretary.
She stayed in the same hotel as i did last summer in Horn Lake while we where both there for the 30th anniversary. On August the 16th i met her again in Vernon`s house and she seems like a really nice lady.
As where Sean is concerned....he was indeed a strange guy. He loved women but never married. He could scream at a waiter in a hotel and give him a 40 dollar tip as he left, but what counts is that Sean loved Elvis and he gave us the most beautiful pictures ever including those from Linda.
So "Presley31".....in case you`re wondering if i`m making this story up......i can prove it with several letters that Sean has written me about those pictures. He knew i loved Linda and used to tease me with it in his letters. Those pictures where just as rare as the ones from Elvis`suite at the Las Vegas Hilton......if you know what i mean........
So can you settle the question "Is Sean still alive?" I've been trying to get a definitive answer to that for 4 years. His site use to have a message up front which started out something like "This site is dedicated to the memory of Sean Shaver...." so it sounds like he died. Some say he did, some say he moved to Mexico-some say he wants people to think he died.

presley31
01-19-2008, 05:26 PM

Thank you.

presley31
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Are these the ones done by sean?

utmom2008
01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Sean was a good guy and indeed Elvis commissioned him to take quite a few pics of not just Linda but Pris as well. Sadly he passed away.

Elvis gave Jeanne Lemay ok to take pics as well, even posing in some of them.

Why this fray about the pics? Pris posed at the top of the second story landing sticking her tongue out, to me that is way more disrespectful then Linda posing for photos that Elvis ASKED for.:)
Actually.....I think Sean may still be alive, living in south Texas. This is what Gail told me this past week, and I think maybe SweetCaroline knows his whereabouts. I have just bought a photo book by Sean Shaver...can't wait to get it!

In the early to mid 70's Sean had one of the absolute best fan clubs around! (y)(y)

utmom2008
01-19-2008, 06:43 PM

So....it sounds like I should be really excited about my photo album!! (y):notworthy(y)

presley31
01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.seanshaver.com/photos.html

here's some pictures from sean collections.

SweetCaroline
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
So....it sounds like I should be really excited about my photo album!! (y):notworthy(y)

Which one did you get, Rosanne? They are all nicely done. I have all of them. My favorite is "The Life of Elvis Presley"

utmom2008
01-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I believe it's called "Our Memories of Elvis".....there were only 125 made, the one I bought is #42. It comes with some cort of certificate that is signed by Sean...:D

utmom2008
01-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Which one did you get, Rosanne? They are all nicely done. I have all of them. My favorite is "The Life of Elvis Presley"
How many are there Carole? Did you read my post earlier where I said Gail heard he is living in south Texas??

SweetCaroline
01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
In the early to mid 70's Sean had one of the absolute best fan clubs around! (y)(y)

Yes....how us fans would wait for our Elvis :king: news from Sean's fan club newsletter back then. LOL
The WWW has changed news about anything Elvis into...super speed. :D

SweetCaroline
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
How many are there Carole?

:king:
The Life of Elvis Presley
Photographing the King
Our Memories of Elvis
Elvis' Portrait Portfolio
Fairytale A Novel
Elvis in Focus
The Elvis Book Volume 2
The Elvis Book Volume 3
The Elvis Book Volume 4
The Candid Elvis

epmoodyblue
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes....how us fans would wait for our Elvis :king: news from Sean's fan club newsletter back then. LOL
The WWW has changed news about anything Elvis into...super speed. :Di know what you mean:clap: i was a member of sean's fan club newsletter i still have all issues and like i mentioned before i just couldint wait for that blue colored envelopes with new elvis pics i ordered to arrive in the mailbox ..those were the days (y)hmmm..........last set of pics i ordered from him were a set of pics he took at elvis funeral :king:

SweetCaroline
01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
i know what you mean:clap: i was a member of sean's fan club newsletter i still have all issues and like i mentioned before i just couldint wait for that blue colored envelopes with new elvis pics i ordered to arrive in the mailbox ..those were the days (y)hmmm..........last set of pics i ordered from him were a set of pics he took at elvis funeral :king:

Waving hello to fellow Elvis fan club friends. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

utmom2008
01-19-2008, 09:10 PM
The Life of Elvis Presley
Photographing the King
Our Memories of Elvis
Elvis' Portrait Portfolio
Fairytale A Novel
Elvis in Focus
The Elvis Book Volume 2
The Elvis Book Volume 3
The Elvis Book Volume 4
The Candid Elvis
I went to my Ebay page and looked Carole...it's "Our Memories of Elvis" that I have won(well, not won , I paid dearly)...can't wait to get it!! (y)(y)

alstrada
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Here's a link for a site in memory of Shean Shaver :

(.....THIS WEB PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SEAN SHAVER AND TO HIS OBSESSION OF CAPTURING THE NUMBER ONE ENTERTAINER OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY ON FILM. SEE THROUGH THE EYES OF THE MAN CALLED ELVIS' "UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER.")

http://www.seanshaver.com/

jon_burrows
01-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Sean Shaver took some excellent photos of Elvis. The negative comments I read about him were from this board. I didn't have any personal dealings with him and I don't believe everything I read or hear.

riley
01-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Thank you so much Ad, for your time and for writing down your statement.

I would say, please continue to post ...

I know you don't like the label expert I sometimes give you,:blush: but you are. And people like you posting their memories and knowledge of things regarding our favourite guy is always welcome and wonderful to read.... :notworthy:notworthy

I'm a fan of your stories, but you knew that alreaddy by now didn't you;)

Thanks for being my friend and for all the time you took in the past to give me
some answers I still had regarding Elvis

And I'm still learning, fascinating man , he was for sure......
and so are you by the way:D

Getlo
01-20-2008, 02:34 AM

Please, Sean Shaver is one of the nciest guys in the Elvis world. Always a pleasure to deal with. I was in contact with him regularly through the 80s and early 90s.

Whatever you've heard about him is wrong.

jon_burrows
01-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Please, Sean Shaver is one of the nciest guys in the Elvis world. Always a pleasure to deal with. I was in contact with him regularly through the 80s and early 90s.

Whatever you've heard about him is wrong.

Then I take my orignal comment back. As I said earlier I've seen a lot of his work and admire the quality of his photos. It seems what I had previously read was inaccurate.

riley
01-20-2008, 03:03 AM
thanks Getlo...

I always appreciate your views also

riley
01-20-2008, 03:05 AM
quote Jon Burrows

Then I take my orignal comment back. As I said earlier I've seen a lot of his work and admire the quality of his photos. It seems what I had previously read was inaccurate.

end quote

:notworthy:notworthy(y)(y)

ad schijven
01-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Thank you so much Ad, for your time and for writing down your statement.

I would say, please continue to post ...

I know you don't like the label expert I sometimes give you,:blush: but you are. And people like you posting their memories and knowledge of things regarding our favourite guy is always welcome and wonderful to read.... :notworthy:notworthy

I'm a fan of your stories, but you knew that alreaddy by now didn't you;)

Thanks for being my friend and for all the time you took in the past to give me
some answers I still had regarding Elvis

And I'm still learning, fascinating man , he was for sure......
and so are you by the way:D

Thank you very much Riley :hug: It was no problem at all to write the truth, but you know that i`m not such a fan of forums, so i`m trying to stay away from them as much as possible.
I`ve had a few bad experiences and i`m done with it.
On the other hand.....i`ve met you on a forum.....that was a positive turn..(y):D
It`s good to read that Sean still have so many friends, the man must have done something right....;) . Thank you all for so many nice comments about this "one of akind guy"

@ Presley31: I know for sure that the pictures of Linda in the jungleroom and the one on the white fur in the main hall are taken by Sean. Maybe the one where she`s standing in de livingroom too, but the one at Meditation garden i`ve never seen before in my life. I wonder who took those pictures....:hmm:It can`t be Jeanne Lemay Dumas, because she would have put them in her own book she recently brought out.

presley31
01-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Thank you very much Riley :hug: It was no problem at all to write the truth, but you know that i`m not such a fan of forums, so i`m trying to stay away from them as much as possible.
I`ve had a few bad experiences and i`m done with it.
On the other hand.....i`ve met you on a forum.....that was a positive turn..(y):D
It`s good to read that Sean still have so many friends, the man must have done something right....;) . Thank you all for so many nice comments about this "one of akind guy"

@ Presley31: I know for sure that the pictures of Linda in the jungleroom and the one on the white fur in the main hall are taken by Sean. Maybe the one where she`s standing in de livingroom too, but the one at Meditation garden i`ve never seen before in my life. I wonder who took those pictures....:hmm:It can`t be Jeanne Lemay Dumas, because she would have put them in her own book she recently brought out.

everyone thinks jeannie took those pictures so maybe you could show some sources that there linda pictures sean took :D Jeannie has awhole lot of pictures she has on her website.

BYW l never said anything bad about sean, he did take wonderful pictures.

Getlo
01-20-2008, 06:51 AM
There is also no confirmation that Sean is dead, either.

Last I heard, he was holed up in New Mexico ...

TotallyInsane
01-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Sean had a great fan club back in the 70's and took the most gorgeous pictures of Elvis!! Me and my mom bought several from sets from him and were never, never disappointed!!

Rosanne - you will LOVE the book you've recently purchased!!

KPM
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
There is also no confirmation that Sean is dead, either.

Last I heard, he was holed up in New Mexico ...
That is another rumor I have heard - that hes in New Mexico.
I know Ernst Jorgenson was trying to get in touch with him a few years back-he asked in an interview if any fans could put him in touch with Sean since he had not been able to reach him for several months and had got no replys.

epmoodyblue
01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
That is another rumor I have heard - that hes in New Mexico.
I know Ernst Jorgenson was trying to get in touch with him a few years back-he asked in an interview if any fans could put him in touch with Sean since he had not been able to reach him for several months and had got no replys.HMMM....:hmm:a big mystery is sean alive or not? where is one of the worlds bests elvis photographers :doh:i hope someone can once and for all finally clear this unsolved mystery..:hmm: he was seen in memphis for elvis 30 th anniversary thingy so who knows more info post up.....i hope hes still alive(y)

TotallyInsane
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I heard he was living in South Texas due to an illness but they would not disclose what the illness was. I had not heard he was at the 30th anniversary though.

epmoodyblue
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I heard he was living in South Texas due to an illness but they would not disclose what the illness was. I had not heard he was at the 30th anniversary though.:hmm:okay so far we got . seen in memphis...New Mexico ?....South Texas.?....:wallbash:not good enough lets keep it goin peeps ..more info

Diane
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Why is he hiding out where no one knows where he is????? I don't understand that.

Diane

KPM
01-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Why is he hiding out where no one knows where he is????? I don't understand that.

Diane
That is what I also do not understand. If he wants to be left alone-he could just say so and solve the mystery. Its not something most people would not honor. All it would take would be an e-mail to one of the forums. I had heard he took some 8mm films of Elvis and was wanting to know how true that was, thats how I got into trying to find a place to contact him. Its a mystery easily solved if he wants to do it-unless he has passed away as some say.

epmoodyblue
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
thats what i was thinking if hes alive why would he want to be left alonehttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/icon_sad.gifmakes no sence that wasint his style..but who knows:hmm:years go by neways ...if anyone finds more reliable info on sean please let us know..sean was or still is the best elvis photographer ever.(y):king::cold:

Suzan
01-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Thank you Ad for your beautiful comment, greatly needed and appreciated.:D

Thank you Getlo! :D

Suzan
01-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Actually.....I think Sean may still be alive, living in south Texas. This is what Gail told me this past week, and I think maybe SweetCaroline knows his whereabouts. I have just bought a photo book by Sean Shaver...can't wait to get it!

Sadly not true I was told he passed away from cancer some few years back.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 04:09 AM

Thank you means a lot coming from you.:D:notworthy

Also thank you a million times over for the truth in this post about Sean and Linda, Jeanne & Elvis. Some just want to look the expert ...sadly as we've seen time and again that is not the case.:(
Thank you for putting this to rest. :):):):)
I hope you continue to post! :D(y)

TotallyInsane
01-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Suzan,
Are you the one that has the website dedicated to Sean?

Suzan
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Suzan,
Are you the one that has the website dedicated to Sean?

No that is not me, I just have the website dedicated to Elvis and everything pertaining to his life...:)

presley31
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM

here is sean's website if anybody interested.

KPM
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM

here is sean's website if anybody interested.
Yes I've been there- which is why I have wondered if he died: Here is one of the first paragraphs introducing the site:
THIS WEB PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SEAN SHAVER AND TO HIS OBSESSION OF CAPTURING THE NUMBER ONE ENTERTAINER OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY ON FILM. SEE THROUGH THE EYES OF THE MAN CALLED ELVIS' "UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER."

I have never seen the phrase "to the memory of...." in any other context -other than describing someone who has died.

alstrada
01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
From Insiders :

September 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM #4
The#1FanoftheMan
Black Leather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is living in Mexico and is not in good health.__________________
"I have a lot of memories, but I don't go into capitalizing on that. Something's got to be my own. I'm not doing the record to sit here and broadcast my memories of my

epmoodyblue
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
From Insiders :

September 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM #4
The#1FanoftheMan
Black Leather

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He is living in Mexico and is not in good health.__________________
"I have a lot of memories, but I don't go into capitalizing on that. Something's got to be my own. I'm not doing the record to sit here and broadcast my memories of myhmm........:hmm::doh: and the mystery continues
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/icon_sad.gif

presley31
01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I heard on another forum that sean had cancer and was seen in memphis in 2007, so l don't understood this big mystery?

KPM
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
hmm........:hmm::doh: and the mystery continues
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/icon_sad.gif
So would not his web site know that he is in Mexico? The site is suppose to be run by Seans "biggest fan" Suza B-so its obvious she would know IMO
So why the "to the memory of...? Its a mystery which does not have to be it seems to me. All Sean or Suza has to do is explain why they are keeping it a mystery.

epmoodyblue
01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
So would not his web site know that he is in Mexico? The site is suppose to be run by Seans "biggest fan" Suza B-so its obvious she would know IMO
So why the "to the memory of...? Its a mystery which does not have to be it seems to me. All Sean or Suza has to do is explain why they are keeping it a mystery.i understand what ur saying..i just use the word mystery because i feel like it..no big deal.. its surely not intended to be a joke using that word..but its a serious thing for me..as he was such a nice person .i considered him a friend ...and thanks to him i got tons of pics in my collection..which i ordered from him..im just trying to find out if hes still alive ..i was also part of his elvisnews letter fan club..so i need to know.. he was the best elvis photographer in my books...hope someone really knows the truth..people say they saw him in memphis here there everywhere some say he has passed away....i need facts -peace:king::cold:(y)

ksimms2
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
A long time ago I heard Sean was still alive and ill.......and maybe the bad stuff Jon Burrows is referring to are things I also heard about Sean doctoring photo's of Elvis....putting him in a jumpsuit he never wore or something and selling the photo's as "unique and one of a kind" because of it.

NOW - I don't know this for fact -only heard this. I don't know Sean but he does have lovely photo's. Just trying to help Jon Burrows out a bit as I've heard not so great stuff about Sean myself........but I didn't form an opinion one way or another.

utmom2008
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Speaking of Sean Shaver......the book I bought on Ebay came today, and it is wonderful!! I never heard anything negative about Sean, and I will say this.........in the early to mid 70's he had a fabulous fan club. I still have alot of things that came from his fan club! (y)

jak
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I just got fresh info about Shaver in the last couple of days.He is living in Mexico.His health is not the greatest.According to my info Sean lost the majority of his Elvis negs and films in a fire where it was stored some time ago.He basically doesnt have much left.Hence the silence.I have confidence in this info.I was also told he was trying to get another book together with what he has left.What the fire didnt get was destroyed by water damage.

TotallyInsane
01-22-2008, 02:19 PM
I had heard he was dead. Then I emailed that Suza from his website and she's the one that told me he was living in Mexico and then I heard he was really living in South Texas. I've emailed her since but never heard back from her.

presley31
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Why doesn't sean want to be found?? I can't understand why he would hide out if he was alive?

utmom2008
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Why doesn't sean want to be found?? I can't understand why he would hide out if he was alive?
I have a friend that seems to know him very well. She says Sean has always loved coming across as very mysterious.....;)

utmom2008
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I just got fresh info about Shaver in the last couple of days.He is living in Mexico.His health is not the greatest.According to my info Sean lost the majority of his Elvis negs and films in a fire where it was stored some time ago.He basically doesnt have much left.Hence the silence.I have confidence in this info.I was also told he was trying to get another book together with what he has left.What the fire didnt get was destroyed by water damage.
Jak...I read that somewhere in the last few days, but my mind has gone blank on where it was.:lol: I thought that was just terrible that he lost everything like that in a fire. What I read also said he had no organizational skills, and would forget where he put rolls of film. I guess what's out there of Sean Shaver's is all we will ever get. The price of these books seems to say that as well. I guess(and hope!) they will continue to go up in price.

KPM
01-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Jak...I read that somewhere in the last few days, but my mind has gone blank on where it was.:lol: I thought that was just terrible that he lost everything like that in a fire. What I read also said he had no organizational skills, and would forget where he put rolls of film. I guess what's out there of Sean Shaver's is all we will ever get. The price of these books seems to say that as well. I guess(and hope!) they will continue to go up in price.

That info comes from the Sean Shaver's site run by this person Suza B:
Sean you know him to be one of the worlds most disorganized people. Against his will all the film was moved to a stone building to begin the cataloging. The first film cataloged was the Tupperware treasures. As film was cataloged it was moved to a film vault for safekeeping. Somewhere around the half way point in this work the unthinkable happened. During a freak lightning storm a tree near the building was struck and the fire leapt to the wood roof of the stone building and within moments the whole place was ablaze. Everything in the building was lost. how many precious memories burned that afternoon? Probably around 60% of all the film shot by Sean was destroyed. The loss is incalculable. Sean cried. Now all that remains has been cataloged as well as can be and has been locked away again.
I did a search on his name about 2 years ago and most information trails lead right back to his site run- by Suza B.
IMO Its obvious he is either dead or wants to be thought of as dead. To me there is no getting around the opening lines on his site ...Dedicated to the Memory of Sean Shaver......Perhaps he is ill, and also he may be tired of the Elvis World bugging him.

In another section of his site is this observation:
"Once a book was published there usually wasn't a second printing. You had one chance to get one of his books and most sold out within days or weeks. Only a few copies of his books were found in his personal collection..."The phrase- found in his personal collection-once again suggests he is not alive.

epmoodyblue
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
:hmm:all interesting posts ...i know about him losing a huge chunk of his elvis pictures negatives film he took through the years in a fire.. the thingy about Sean doctoring photo's of Elvis....putting him in a jumpsuit he never wore or something and selling the photo's as "unique and one of a kind" ..this i will never believe no way:nono:.. i still got all those blue paper colored... note paper he would use to write and send picture sets wrap the pictures around in the blue paper note and send them to me....each note paper has his signature on it signed by sean..dont know why i saved them but i did even the envelopes from kansas city..souveniers ..still he was or is a cool person in my books..never had any problems with him in those 4 years i bought piccys from him..how many peeps these days would accept canadian currency cash in an envelope to pay for the pics i ordered..only sean he did that for 4 years never once telling me he would prefer i pay in us funds...so he was super nice person for me..guess we will never know the truth on him..wherever you are buddy thanks for everything(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:king:

Getlo
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
the thingy about Sean doctoring photo's of Elvis....putting him in a jumpsuit he never wore or something and selling the photo's as "unique and one of a kind" ..this i will never believe no way:nono:..

Believe it, because unfortunately, that allegation is absolutely true. He even faked a photo for one of the giant volumes of The Elvis Book.

He also faked a couple of pics of him and Elvis together. But, unlike that master conman Paul Lichter, Sean actually did meet Elvis, and there are a couple of real photos of them together in his books.

An example of one of Sean's lesser works is attached, with the original pic next to it. There were several of these fakes put out by Sean, and sold by him.

However, on balance, Sean's books stand alone, and I think he's okay overall.

JACK WADE
01-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I saw on the site "for elvis c.d. collectors only" under the post "jumpsuit junkies" that mr. Gene Doucette actually confirmed that it was made in early 70 ( page 1970 / nr 16) !!!!!!
Wel i hope mr Doucette see the picture of mr Getlo.

MIElvis
01-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I would not go as far to say unsavory, but he was seriously lacking in timely customer service.

utmom2008
01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
he was seriously lacking in timely customer service.

:lol: That is the understatement of the year! I was a member of his fan club back in the early 70's and it felt like it took forever between publications.:supriced::blink: