PDA

View Full Version : Elvis family pictures

presley31
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I saw this while surfing the net and it said it was elvis family pictures, some l haven't seen.

http://www.slide.com/r/IEzs9-C7yT9tKd7TE7Yk0Yl5GyJf9jAu?view=original

source
http://www.elvisandhistory.com/Page1.html

Awickedreigndrop
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Wow this was very interesting to see!

toffe
01-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Thank you for sharing, great and interesting! (y)

LianaKaralivanou
01-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Splendid!! There are photos of every family member, even 6th cousins!

Elton
01-10-2008, 04:30 AM
very nice info,thanks for posting...

john carpenter
01-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Very cool, i recognized Aunt Delta,Uncle Vester,PatsyPresley.

ksimms2
01-10-2008, 08:22 AM
great find! thanks Jen! Notice some of the men folk have their hair, etc. like Elvis?

Dovey
01-10-2008, 08:25 AM
(y) Thanks Jen for posting... really some cool picturs. Dovey:D

Diane
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks Jen, I came across this before.....somewhere, but forgot about it.

Diane

LORRIELOVESELVIS
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks!!:)

Broussey
01-18-2008, 09:54 PM
WHAT DOES THE x REMOVED MEAN?

presley31
01-19-2008, 07:36 AM

i don't see a X??

john carpenter
01-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I think(don't quote me) that a second cousin is twice removed,and so on and so on.

MissyM
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Second cousin would be a son or daughter of a cousin. The others would be the generations of that cousin. Like my dads cousin is my 2nd cousin. Then that persons children's children would be twice removed. I think!

Broussey
01-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh i see i just say ''Oh thats my 2nd or 3rd or 4th cousin'' Not the X removed maybe its a south thing??? But thanks for explaining it to me :)

Suzan
01-19-2008, 11:42 AM
And do we know this to be accurate? There is someone claiming to be a Presley that Patsy Anderson (formerly of EPE fan relations, quite some 4 or so yrs. ago)...anyway, she's representing someone who claims to be a Presley though nobody has heard of this impersonator prior to this.

Wendy56
01-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Is that true? :blink:

TotallyInsane
01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Patsy Anderson is representing Elvis' 4th cousin, Jerry Presley. Never heard of him until she found him. Guess you won't be surprised to hear that he can't sing anywhere near Elvis - but then again who can??

Suzan
01-21-2008, 05:18 AM
My point, nobody has heard of this person, and I don't think Patsy verified or has proof...not that has been shown.
I can't believe she's chosen to go this route after all the great years (20+) that she spent w/the fans and fan relations @ EPE.:(

cameron
01-21-2008, 05:51 AM
I can't say I like Jerry Presley personally.
But, it would seem if someone's so quick to call "fake", they should get busy proving it instead of gossiping about it .

http://www.elvii.com/spotlight.html

Memphis, Tennessee - What is it like to be the cousin of a movie star, singing idol and a multi-millionaire? Jerry Presley, who is quite a singer in his own right, knows because he is Elvis Presley’s cousin. Elvis’ and Jerry’s great, great grandfathers were brothers. Then Elvis’ great grandmother, Rosella Presley, married into Jerry’s direct Presley line making Elvis and Jerry second cousins. Jerry is used to being Elvis Presley’s cousin, instead of just Jerry Presley.

Getlo
01-21-2008, 05:59 AM

From wikipedia:

"A cousin in English kinship terminology is a relative with whom one shares a common grandparent or more distant ancestor, and who is not in one's own line of descent. The term cousin is rarely used where there are other specific terms to describe relationships.

A system of degrees and removes is used to describe the relationship between the two cousins and the ancestor they have in common. The degree (first, second, third cousin, etc.) indicates the minimum number of generations between either cousin and the nearest common ancestor; the remove (once removed, twice removed, etc.) indicates the number of generations, if any, separating the two cousins from each other.

For example, the child of one's aunt or uncle is one's first cousin, because there is one generation (unshared parents) between the cousins and their shared grandparents. The child of one's first cousin is one's first cousin once removed because the child belongs to the next generation following one's own.

The system can handle kinships going back many generations. In 2004, genealogists discovered that U.S. Presidential candidates George W. Bush and John Kerry shared a common ancestral couple in the 1500s. It was reported that the two men are sixteenth cousins, three times removed. However, the two are in fact ninth cousins, two times removed. Also, in 2007, it was revealed that U.S. vice president Dick Cheney and senator Barack Obama are eighth cousins.[3]

Non-genealogical usage often eliminates the degrees and removes, and refers to people with common ancestors merely as cousins or distant cousins."

MissyM
01-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Nice pictures, where are the Smiths?

Suzan
01-21-2008, 06:37 AM
But, it would seem if someone's so quick to call "fake", they should get busy proving it instead of gossiping about it .

Memphis, Tennessee - What is it like to be the cousin of a movie star, singing idol and a multi-millionaire? Jerry Presley, who is quite a singer in his own right, knows because he is Elvis Presley’s cousin. Elvis’ and Jerry’s great, great grandfathers were brothers. Then Elvis’ great grandmother, Rosella Presley, married into Jerry’s direct Presley line making Elvis and Jerry second cousins. Jerry is used to being Elvis Presley’s cousin, instead of just Jerry Presley.

Then praytell why has nobody heard of this person up until now and nobody within Elvis' circle knows of this individual? Anybody can say anything, but to show actual proof that would be something.:)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Nice pictures, where are the Smiths?

Good question and Missy do you know of any of these people? I've not heard of some of them and am leery of "Elvis relatives" claims, you know? Seems like every year or every major anniversary of Elvis passing such claims come out.

TotallyInsane
01-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I got rooked at the 30th Anniversary. Sitting next to this woman and her husband and she said she was Elvis' cousin. Told me all about the funeral, talking to Ann Margaret, etc. and come to find out she's simply a fan with a very wild and creative imagination!!! I wondered why I had never heard of her but her story was a good one and I bought it hook, line and sinker!!!

MissyM
01-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Some of the closer ones yes, but the "distant" ones no. But since I am more familiar with the Smith side anyway, I can't validate or disprove the relationships. Maybe I'll do a Smith one someday?

cameron
01-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Then praytell why has nobody heard of this person up until now and nobody within Elvis' circle knows of this individual? Anybody can say anything, but to show actual proof that would be something.:)
Well, I've heard of him. He's had a music show for many years . Used to live in Kansas , but don't know anymore.
Had a show called Legends in Branson, Mo.
I have no idea why you haven't heard of him.
It's just "something I do," -- look at everyone and everything connected to Elvis, true or not.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I got rooked at the 30th Anniversary. Sitting next to this woman and her husband and she said she was Elvis' cousin. Told me all about the funeral, talking to Ann Margaret, etc. and come to find out she's simply a fan with a very wild and creative imagination!!! I wondered why I had never heard of her but her story was a good one and I bought it hook, line and sinker!!!

Oh man sorry to hear that...but it happens and if they know the basic facts they can spin quite a good story.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Some of the closer ones yes, but the "distant" ones no. But since I am more familiar with the Smith side anyway, I can't validate or disprove the relationships. Maybe I'll do a Smith one someday?

Woman I think that is a fantastic idea! :D

MissyM
01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Maybe I'll get their permission. They may even like it.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Well, I've heard of him. He's had a music show for many years . Used to live in Kansas , but don't know anymore.
Had a show called Legends in Branson, Mo.
I have no idea why you haven't heard of him.
It's just "something I do," -- look at everyone and everything connected to Elvis, true or not.

As do I so the fact that this person didn't show up as a relative is what has me questioning it.:D

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't "Elvis" live in Kansas? The one a few years ago claiming he was Elvis Presley and was going to come out for the 25th anniversary, etc...???????????? Interesting connection Kansas.
Anybody can have a show, shoot they have Legends in Vegas does not make them relatives of Marilyn, Elvis, etc...means nothing to have a show....also intersting he didn't show up for the ETA @ Graceland, wonder why that is? Perhaps because EPE isn't backing his claim.
I'm also not the only one who has not heard of this person as a relative of Elvis', check on that while your running a search.;)

cameron
01-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Actually, there used to be a video on YouTube where someone was explaining his relation to Elvis. I tried to find it, but couldn't . Maybe you can. ;)

Jerry Presley is the one that was involved with Dr Hinton.
That's what caused me to "look at him."
Depending on who he's talking to ; he says it's true or it's not true. He helped hurt a lot of people IMO.
That's my main reason that I don't care for him.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I have no desire to find him on youtube hon, but thanks.:) Perhaps it was taken down for legal reasons.

I knew it.:D Thanks for backing it up....
I am however now confused as to your prior posts concerning this individual...now your saying you don't believe him to be who he says he is? And since he claimed prior to be Elvis himself, how in the world is anyone supposed to take him seriously? ROF Never mind it was a rhetorical question.:)

Here's your prior post though just in case :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Maybe I'll get their permission. They may even like it.

I really do think that is a great idea, you should do that, worse they can say is no.:) Best thing is they say "yes" and the Elvis world learns some very valuable info on info from Elvis' mom's side.:) I'm sure they would like it, why would they not.:D:D

cameron
01-21-2008, 07:26 AM
I have no desire to find him on youtube hon, but thanks.:) Perhaps it was taken down for legal reasons.

I knew it.:D Thanks for backing it up....
I am however now confused as to your prior posts concerning this individual...now your saying you don't believe him to be who he says he is? And since he claimed prior to be Elvis himself, how in the world is anyone supposed to take him seriously? ROF Never mind it was a rhetorical question.:)

Here's your prior post though just in case :)

Quote:

Perhaps you should study the whole thing. Jerry never claimed to be Elvis in that mess .
Please get the story straight before telling it. ;)I was talking about him being a cousin....far removed by the way.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Perhaps you should study the whole thing. Jerry never claimed to be Elvis in that mess .
Please get the story straight before telling it. ;)I was talking about him being a cousin....far removed by the way.

The ONLY person I knew of that was associated w/Dr. Hinton was the man claiming to be Elvis Presley and he was going to be making his "comeback" during the 25th anniversary.
As I don't believe a single thing of this Jerry Presley, I don't see it necessary to waste my time reading anything of him (other then what I've seen via Patsy's site). It is quite comical.:)

And I did not tell any story but posed a question, you may want to re-read my posts so that there isn't any confusion when answering.:(

cameron
01-21-2008, 07:42 AM
The ONLY person I knew of that was associated w/Dr. Hinton was the man claiming to be Elvis Presley and he was going to be making his "comeback" during the 25th anniversary.
As I don't believe a single thing of this Jerry Presley, I don't see it necessary to waste my time reading anything of him (other then what I've seen via Patsy's site). It is quite comical.:)

And I did not tell any story but posed a question, you may want to re-read my posts so that there isn't any confusion when answering.:(
That only proves you don't know everything. My point .;)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
I never claimed I did, hence me posting a ? LOL ;):D
Nobody here dear knows everything, I'm sorry you think they do.:( It's not a competition but a learning process.;) But what I do know I do know and I have proven time and again.;) I don't shrink back or turn it around when I'm asked a direct question in relation to something I've posted.;)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 08:16 AM
That only proves you don't know everything. My point .;)

But dear did you not just say a few post's back that Jerry was associated w/Dr. Hinton? That is what my comment is based off of, Im sorry that you missed my point w/it. :blink:

cameron
01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
But dear did you not just say a few post's back that Jerry was associated w/Dr. Hinton? That is what my comment is based off of, Im sorry that you missed my point w/it. :blink:
I don't see that you had a point. ;)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 08:49 AM
No I guess you wouldn't.

cameron
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I've discovered most do not know as much as we think we do or as we try to pretend. . ;)
It's the way of Elvis World , unfortunately.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I've known that for quite awhile now based off various posts. ;)
I've also seen that some try to discredit those that do only to be shown that what the person said was actually very correct...:D

cameron
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I've known that for quite awhile now based off various posts. ;)
I've also seen that some try to discredit those that do only to be shown that what the person said was actually very correct...:D

:hmm:I've noticed the same thing---from many sites. . A shame we can't be civil in the Elvis World and respect others ,isn't it?
Jealousy abounds .

MissyM
01-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Here is the problem with Jerry's claim. First he says that he and Elvis's great, great, grandfathers were brothers. Odd seeing that if they were they were probably half-brothers because Rosella had children but never married. Then he goes on to say that Rosella married directly into the Presley line. No Rosella did not marry. Her mother-also named Rosella married Dunnan (Jessie D.'s father)

Here's how it goes.
Dunnan Presley marries Martha (aka Rosella too)Wesson
They have Rosella (Rosie)Who remains a Presley her whole life)
Rosella has, Walter G., Minnie, Noah, D. McDowell (aka Jessie) and Calhoun
Jessie D. marries Minnie Mae, they have, Vernon, Vester, Delter, Gladys, and Nash
Vernon marries Gladys Smith
And wa! La- the rest is history.

Opps and I can copy the census records to prove it.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Very true...jealousy indeed, so much so one feels the need to be combative and discredit someone who truly does know and has shown it as such.;)
Respect, absolutely I think certaiin posts show that w/o anyone having to say anything, again silence speaks louder then words at times.;)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Here is the problem with Jerry's claim. First he says that he and Elvis's great, great, grandfathers were brothers. Odd seeing that if they were they were probably half-brothers because Rosella had children but never married. Then he goes on to say that Rosella married directly into the Presley line. No Rosella did not marry. Her mother-also named Rosella married Dunnan (Jessie D.'s father)

Here's how it goes.
Jessie D. marries Minnie Mae, they have, Vernon, Vester, Delter, Gladys, and Nash

Thank you Missy! ;) :D(y)

MissyM
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Your welcome. It's interesting. I love Geneology!

cameron
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Very true...jealousy indeed, so much so one feels the need to be combative and discredit someone who truly does know and has shown it as such.;)
Respect, absolutely I think certaiin posts show that w/o anyone having to say anything, again silence speaks louder then words at times.;)

Yes, it appears that Elvis can still bring out jealousy for some that want to believe they're "somebody."

IMO, we need to give EP the love and respect he deserves , not wallow in the egos of others .
Sometimes "silence is golden." (y)

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Very true and some need to not be jealous when other's do have what they claim and have said that all are welcome in confirming it.;)
Silence does speak louder then words in some instances, yes. :D LOL As recently proven.

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Your welcome. It's interesting. I love Geneology!

It is very interesting, thank you so much for taking the time to post it.:D(y):notworthy

cameron
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM

Here's how it goes.

Thanks, Missy. That's something like I remember was said. Great grandfathers related in some way.I never looked up his geneology to see because I never cared one way or another . I only knew I wasn't fond of him because he was a part of hurting some people I knew. Though why anyone ever believed some of that suff was beyond me .

Suzan
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Missy. That's something like I remember was said. Great grandfathers related in some way.I never looked up his geneology to see because I never cared one way or another . I only knew I wasn't fond of him because he was a part of hurting some people I knew. Though why anyone ever believed some of that suff was beyond me .

Quote:
Please get the story straight before telling it. I was talking about him being a cousin....far removed by the way.