PDA

View Full Version : Something you didn't know about me concerning Elvis

MissyM
01-06-2008, 05:46 AM
I get up and dance when I watch Elvis movies.

I cry every time I watch "Love Me Tender" (told you I cry easy!)

My sister-in-law could have passed for Pricilla. (When Elvis first met Cilla) And it creeps me out. (I wish I could put a picture up)

MissyM
01-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh come on now ya'll. I just know you have something you so want to confess! LOL

cameron
01-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I don't watch Elvis movies . Just his concerts and documentaries.
I know, I'm boring. ;)

Diane
01-06-2008, 09:28 AM
All right, I turn the volume up in my car playing Elvis songs and sing along but make sure my window is up. :)

I dance to Elvis songs in my living room.

Diane

LianaKaralivanou
01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Okay, this is between me and you; :secret: I put my favorite cd of Elvis's songs in the cd player, I grab the remote control (pretending to be the microphone) and I sing till I have no more strengh. I do it when my husband is not at home of course and when I'm not in a good mood so that I would feel better.

utmom2008
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Okay, this is between me and you; :secret: I put my favorite cd of Elvis's songs in the cd player, I grab the remote control (pretending to be the microphone) and I sing till I have no more strengh. I do it when my husband is not at home of course and when I'm not in a good mood so that I would feel better.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!! (y)(y) ;)

Burning_Love
01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Aww that's cool. I was dancing to Elvis whilst listening to my mp3 player, and i was doing the Poke salad annie dance from TTWII, and my mum and dad find it amazing how i know the whole dance. Lol, sooo im pretty strange :lol:I always have my music loud in my b/r too.

Were all similar in our own little ways hehe.:hug:

utmom2008
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
All right, I turn the volume up in my car playing Elvis songs and sing along but make sure my window is up. :)

I do the same Diane..(y) It's so loud that when I pull in next to someone they will give me a look!:supriced::supriced: When my kids were small they would tell me that they could hear me coming up the school Blvd. to pick them up...they said they would "hear Elvis" before they "saw Mom." :lol:

riley
01-06-2008, 11:28 AM
when I was 12, I wrote my own book about him (haha never published it)
my grandma loved elvis, but didn't understand english....
so I decided to tell everything I knew by then thanks to my english books and magazines in a book esp written for her...

cameron
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
when I was 12, I wrote my own book about him (haha never published it)
my grandma loved elvis, but didn't understand english....
so I decided to tell everything I knew by then thanks to my english books and magazines in a book esp written for her...

That was really nice. Maybe my grandchildren will do something like that for me someday. They DO keep their eyes out for "new" Elvis things for me.:D

presley31
01-06-2008, 11:52 AM
l dont watch elvis movies that much

sing elvis songs with my son

sing in the shower( my singing is awful)

john carpenter
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I listen to Elvis and do his arm movements ,and sing along to "just pretend" And "if that isn't love,and a whole slew of other songs.I alway had a fantasy of being Elvis and onstage with the band behind me.I even dyed my sandy blonde hair black once,i looked more like Michael jackson than Elvis,the black hair made me look pale.LOL

MissyM
01-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Ok so that means I'm not that odd. Or well, at lease maybe no odder than you all! LOL Riley, I was touched by your reponse!

ksimms2
01-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I am always listening to Elvis cd's in my car or at work and always sing along to them....yes even at work. They look at me crazy - but I don't care. Oh yes -and I also cry during certain songs....some songs just really tear me up inside....makes me miss him SO MUCH!!

MissyM
01-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I think for his birthday we should designate a certain song and all sing it at the same time for him. Happy Birthday Elvis around the world we shall call it.

BabiGurl88
01-06-2008, 07:25 PM

lol i do the same thing but i used my hair brush as a microphone...I do when know ones home though it be madd embassing if my parent ever caught me lol...

hounddog
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
um i cry whenever i hear Old Shep, and sometimes i just cry when i watch him beacuse he died to early i guess i cry for what could have been.
i sing along to his songs in my car with the window down soemtimes.

Awickedreigndrop
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I think I attract everything Elvis. Everywhere I go I see something Elvis related, someone mentions him or is a fan of his. And it's not just when I'm out. I could be just sitting watching TV and someone mentions or pretends to be Elvis. Sometimes it creeps my friend out.

SeeSeeRider777
01-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Ok this is top secret info LOL:

When I am alone in my house I comb my hair like Elvis in Aloha and I sing out the whole concert or as much as I can sing before I have to go out or when someone else comes home. Elvis is my backup singer :lol: and when I get to the ending of Can't Help Falling In Love I put my cape (a big towel) on and I throw it in the crowd (next room) and I imitate Elvis walking off the stage of the live concert. Then I replay Can't Help Falling In Love and do the spreading of the cape ending of the Alternate Concert.

Rover
01-07-2008, 12:19 AM
:lmfao: I enjoyed reading your answers people...I'm not so weird after all!
A lot of his songs make me cry, some other dance...And I can run something like twice longer when I listen to Elvis while jogging :blink:

MissyM
01-07-2008, 05:55 AM
It's amazing to me that Elvis's music moves us all in the same way. Right to the core of us. So much that we do things that many people would say we are a bit off. But I say, let loose, get it on, and feel the groove!

SeeSeeRider777
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM

When I am alone in my house I comb my hair like Elvis in Aloha and I sing out the whole concert or as much as I can sing before I have to go out or when someone else comes home. Elvis is my backup singer :lol: and when I get to the ending of Can't Help Falling In Love I put my cape (a big towel) on and I throw it in the crowd (next room) and I imitate Elvis walking off the stage of the live concert. Then I replay Can't Help Falling In Love and do the spreading of the cape ending of the Alternate Concert.

You guys are the only ones that I have told. So hush up. :lol: :lmfao:

john carpenter
01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't take offence at being called "odd.Lol.I'm glad i'm in good company.I don't do my Elvis impersonation in front of anyone.But how many people in the world have stood with a fake microphone in front of a mirror and lip-synced to their favorite singer? Atleast i don't get plastic surgery to look like Elvis or wear a jumpsuit and believe i'm Elvis.now that's odd,Lol

ksimms2
01-07-2008, 09:22 AM

This I would like to see! Sounds adorable!

GirlHappy19
01-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Ok.I will keep your secret:secret:Make sure your husband doesn't cacth you.
he'll think you're crazy.:lmfao:No.Just kidding......I sign alone with Elvis--there're song were Iam starting to sound like him:lmfao:

goodelvisgirl
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
well no one knows this until now at night when everyoe goes to bed i put on my mp3 put the volume up full blast then sing along to the words without any sound coming out my mouth and i dance like a crazy woman on steroids and i love it. i also love seeseerider 777 i think you are great makeing a concert in you're own home with you as the star lol

MissyM
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I love these answers. You guys are so sweetly honest but it does kind of crack me up.

SweetCaroline
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Hummmm.....Something you don't know about me in regards to Elvis...

I slapped the **** out of guy for making fun of Elvis.:king:
This was in about 1960....and I was only 13.
It really suprised the guy....He never saw it coming.:lol:
NOBODY makes fun of Elvis....or my love for him!!!!

In 1971, in Vegas, Elvis kissed me for sticking up for him. :lol: ;) j/k

T0RM
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Well for me i have to say in the last few weeks i have really grown on Elvis, admittedly i was never really that interested until a few weeks ago now i have the bug lol, but i have to admit i really do feel for him in those last few months and watching some footage i recently was given made me realise just what a legend he truly is still and admittedly i feel so much sadness for him towards the end the way he looked on the last concert my heart does go out to him there.So i guess i feel somewhat sad for that period of his time.

marijaep
01-17-2008, 12:58 PM
lol, I love this thread! All of your answers made me laugh, thanks Missy for starting it (y)
Ok, I have my own secrets, hehe.
Well, when I get up in the morning and I have a test at school,I "give Elvis a five" (he has his hand put like that, lol, it's a 50s stage photo that I have on a poster hanging on my wall) and say: We can do it, Elvis :lol:
It may sound freaky, but It really encourages me, I think people need encouragement, even in this silly way :blush::D

This one must be kept in secret especially from my history teacher, lol.
Last year history in school was REALLY boring( not that this year is more interesting lol). On history class, I am always looking at the teacher, showing that I am "very" interested, but I actually never listen to what she speaks...:lol: Instead of that I am always thinking of Elvis :lol:
Oh, and I often fall asleep listening to him, with my headphones on, hehe. It makes my day in the morning, waking up with some Elvis music ! :clap:

MissyM
01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok mari, your secret is safe with us!!! Does anyone know the e-mail addy of the Enquirer! Opps! No, I'm just kidding. Cute story.

Burning_Love
01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
lol, I love this thread! All of your answers made me laugh, thanks Missy for starting it (y)
Well, when I get up in the morning and I have a test at school,I "give Elvis a five" (he has his hand put like that, lol, it's a 50s stage photo that I have on a poster hanging on my wall) and say: We can do it, Elvis :lol:
It may sound freaky, but It really encourages me, I think people need encouragement, even in this silly way :blush::D

This one must be kept in secret especially from my history teacher, lol.
Last year history in school was REALLY boring( not that this year is more interesting lol). On history class, I am always looking at the teacher, showing that I am "very" interested, but I actually never listen to what she speaks...:lol: Instead of that I am always thinking of Elvis :lol:
Oh, and I often fall asleep listening to him, with my headphones on, hehe. It makes my day in the morning, waking up with some Elvis music ! :clap:

Great answer Marija, you always make me laugh :lmfao:(y):clap:

rickb
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I pretty much do all of the above, though mostly the singing along with CDs.
Rick

goodelvisgirl
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Well for me i have to say in the last few weeks i have really grown on Elvis, admittedly i was never really that interested until a few weeks ago now i have the bug lol, but i have to admit i really do feel for him in those last few months and watching some footage i recently was given made me realise just what a legend he truly is still and admittedly i feel so much sadness for him towards the end the way he looked on the last concert my heart does go out to him there.So i guess i feel somewhat sad for that period of his time.

well said i agree with you 100% some songs make me cry cos i'm thinking about his life and what he went through

KPM
01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I had a rough, horrid childhood and I always imagined Elvis as a big brother. When I was about 13 I just hated my home life-so I considered running away and hitchhiking to Memphis. I knew if I could talk to Elvis he could make my life better. I actually got a map and tried to map out which highways I would have to hitchhike on. I lived near St. Louis and knew the Mississippi ran down to Memphis. It seemed so far at 13 that I just could not get the courage up to do it. :blush::blush: YOUTH

marijaep
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I had a rough, horrid childhood and I always imagined Elvis as a big brother. When I was about 13 I just hated my home life-so I considered running away and hitchhiking to Memphis. I knew if I could talk to Elvis he could make my life better. I actually got a map and tried to map out which highways I would have to hitchhike on. I lived near St. Louis and knew the Mississippi ran down to Memphis. It seemed so far at 13 that I just could not get the courage up to do it. :blush::blush: YOUTH

Aww, this is cute KPM, thanks for sharing it with us :D

Lisarose
01-19-2008, 09:10 PM

What a great story, this would make a great movie!

Originally Posted by marijaep ] lol, I love this thread! All of your answers made me laugh, thanks Missy for starting it
Well, when I get up in the morning and I have a test at school,I "give Elvis a five" (he has his hand put like that, lol, it's a 50s stage photo that I have on a poster hanging on my wall) and say: We can do it, Elvis
It may sound freaky, but It really encourages me, I think people need encouragement, even in this silly way

Oh, and I often fall asleep listening to him, with my headphones on, hehe. It makes my day in the morning, waking up with some Elvis music ! [/QUOTE]

Good one! Which photo are you talking about? I would love to see this one!
I fall asleep listening to Elvis music, too. I put on my headphones & my favorite cd of the moment. I also sing along, I don't do the stage show, but I am considering it, since one of my goals this year is to lose quite a bit of weight. Great thread, Missy.

Merry
01-20-2008, 03:18 AM
I work my horses, while listening to Elvis, although that isn't any secret, as I love my music loud! lol

Ever since I was little, whenever there was an Elvis movie playing, I'd feel that my day was complete, and I'd sit and watch, enjoying Elvis' performance :D

Hmmmm I kinda thought he was the kind of man, I would be attracted to, he is the original mould (y)

rebby
01-20-2008, 03:54 AM
OMg, i've alwayss thought i was the only odd elvis fan (offence guys) lol,!

I have to admit, that i dance to elvis like all the time, even if my mum and dad are in, i dont care how stupid i look! Although to be honest, my mum does give me some pretty strange looks sometimes! :) lol,

And anytime i'm watchin a documentary, and it gets to the end, i cry like a little baby, which i guess is really silly coz i know how the story ends! :(

But then i liten to my favourite album to cheer myself up! so it's all good! :)

keep dancing people, keep dancing, and seeseerider 777 good for you man!"!!

that's the kind of thing i like to hear! lol :)

malc07
01-20-2008, 04:08 AM
I always have my elvis music turned up high in the car and I always have the windows open..so that people can hear elvis !!! lol(y)
I watch Aloha from Hawaii EVERY week..and think I know every move that he makes,and when i cant sleep at night i go through the whole concert in my head..I am always asleep by the time i get to steamroller blues..Its better than counting sheep,and i wake up wondering how far i got !!! lmao.
Great post missy!!!(y):king:

marijaep
01-20-2008, 04:21 AM
lol, some great posts people! Love your answers! :D(y)

What a great story, this would make a great movie!

Good one! Which photo are you talking about? I would love to see this one!
I fall asleep listening to Elvis music, too. I put on my headphones & my favorite cd of the moment. I also sing along, I don't do the stage show, but I am considering it, since one of my goals this year is to lose quite a bit of weight. Great thread, Missy.[/QUOTE]

Hey Lisarose, it's a Live 50s photo, I'll see if I can find it in the gallery :D
Wishing you luck on your goal(y)

I work my horses, while listening to Elvis, although that isn't any secret, as I love my music loud! lol

Ever since I was little, whenever there was an Elvis movie playing, I'd feel that my day was complete, and I'd sit and watch, enjoying Elvis' performance :D

Hmmmm I kinda thought he was the kind of man, I would be attracted to, he is the original mould (y)

Missed you Kimmi :flowers::hug:

rhythmknights
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
during the 30th anniversary, i watched a lot of Elvis documentaries, with all the girls screaming and chasing after him! i began to do the same thing, at first as a joke to irritate my guy (who i'm no longer with, btw). i'd see something Elvis at Hastings or Walmart & scsreech 'Elvissss!' Still do that, only not so loudly! :lmfao::lmfao:

and also, when i see a particularly fine photo of Elvis, it literally takes my breath away!

okay, commence the laughter!

Lisarose
08-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I re-read these posts and I don't see anything odd about anyone's "secrets". I remembered this thread, because this afternoon, I took my son out to eat - a pre-birthday celebration, we were at Olive Garden & he runs into a friend of his & introduces me "Mom, this is Elvis". Yes, this handsome young waiter was really named Elvis. If he hadn't have been so busy, I'd have asked him what lines he'd heard the most - I'm betting more than one [million] person told him Thankyouverymuch!

I'll tell you what, just looking at Elvis movies or Elvis photos, my heart still skips a beat - like when I first fell in love with him!

tilchkitten
08-31-2008, 01:05 AM
I think I attract everything Elvis. Everywhere I go I see something Elvis related, someone mentions him or is a fan of his. And it's not just when I'm out. I could be just sitting watching TV and someone mentions or pretends to be Elvis. Sometimes it creeps my friend out.

I have the same thing happen to me all the time!!! but, also no matter what store I go into one of his songs comes on the radio!! It's so weird!! I tried once to not listen to EP for a whole month! ( that's truely hard for me to do, it was a bet) and everywhere I looked or went he was there some way some how! So, I tend to look at it as a little message from him. I know I'm Crazy oh well.:D

Shake A Hand
08-31-2008, 05:46 AM

I have the same thing happen to me all the time!!! but, also no matter what store I go into one of his songs comes on the radio!! It's so weird!! I tried once to not listen to EP for a whole month! ( that's truely hard for me to do, it was a bet) and everywhere I looked or went he was there some way some how! So, I tend to look at it as a little message from him. I know I'm Crazy oh well.:D

Oh thank goodness!! I thought I was mad!! :lol: I have 'happy hauntings' everyday. My friend thought I was crazy when I told her. I don't look for Elvis related things but they seem to pop up in the strangest of places!!!One time was really bizarre. My friend (another Elvis maniac) and I were walking from town along a narrow pavement and from out of one of the little shops comes someone carrying something huge right in front of me, which startled me and made me jump ... but then when I took a double look it was a life size cut out of Elvis from the Aloha concert right in my face!! which took my breathe to say the least and I ended up in the road with my heart pounding laughing my head off !! I turned to my friend who was stood in shock and said ' now thats what ya call an extreme haunting!!!' :lmfao::lmfao:(y)