PDA

View Full Version : All Shook Up"

presley31
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
ALL SHOOK UP" - U.K. Premiere of the hit Broadway musical comedy inspired by and featuring the songs of Elvis Presley book by Joe Dipietro.

“The best retro rock show since grease.” (NBC-TV) Combining all the hits of legendary, Elvis Presley with a sure-fire rock ’n’ roll story, 'All Shook Up' tells the romantic tale of how a young girl’s dreams become reality when a mysterious, leather-jacketed stranger arrives and turns the town upside down with his hip-swivelin’, lip-curlin’ and sexy song singin’ and how he helps a small town to discover the magic of romance and the power of rock 'n' roll, changing their lives forever.

Take a hilarious and clever script and an incredible score of Elvis classics such as 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'Burning Love', 'Jailhouse Rock', 'Blue Suede Shoes', 'It’s Now or Never' and 'Don’t be Cruel' and you've got this well tuned, high energy, musical that has recently taken Broadway by storm - a musical that guarantees to have the entire family jumpin’ out of their blue suede shoes...! Wednesday 13th - Saturday 16th February 2008 at 7.45pm and 3.00pm (sat only)Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford, Essex£12 (£10.50theatre club members), (£8.50 matinee only)for tickets and further information contact 0208 553 4466 or 01708 458262. TICKETS ARE ON SALE FROM TUESDAY 15th JANUARY SO BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT...

2008/01/05 StageOne Theatre Company - www.elvisinfonet.com / www.epgold.com

Lisarose
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I've not seen this one, but it sounded cute, I'm hoping I can talk our Community Theater group to do this or Mama Mia! The plot reminds me a little of the movie Heartbreak Hotel, though.