PDA

View Full Version : Baby lets play house Remix

Circle G
01-05-2008, 06:50 AM
What do you all think of the new remix of Baby lets Play House (spankox Re:version) ? This is number one on the download chart in Italy- the first time Elvis has topped a nation's download chart, not released in physical format yet. But will be released this year and I think it will be huge like JXL remix.

Another first for elvis is that it will be released in the brand new format which combines vinyl with CD and allows the record to be played on a turntable or in cd player.

I really like the remix and think it will bring Elvis new fans, look for the video on Youtube, link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eguwpx6UNVE&feature=related
Enjoy! &
Happy new year to you all.

EP75
01-05-2008, 09:58 AM
What do you all think of the new remix of Baby lets Play House (spankox Re:version) ? This is number one on the download chart in Italy- the first time Elvis has topped a nation's download chart, not released in physical format yet. But will be released this year and I think it will be huge like JXL remix.

Another first for elvis is that it will be released in the brand new format which combines vinyl with CD and allows the record to be played on a turntable or in cd player.

I really like the remix and think it will bring Elvis new fans, look for the video on Youtube, link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eguwpx6UNVE&feature=related
Enjoy! &
Happy new year to you all.

I think it's better done than the A Little Less Cnversation remix was. EP's voice is upf ront and not sounding like a ghost singing it. Very well doe!! It also goes to show kids WANT and LIKE the EP remixes more than they do the originas. Sorry to say that since I know it's like a sharp pain to a tooth ache to some, but the proof is in the pudding and this is another indication of just that. And it also goes to show that EP's got more hits still to come by the form of remixes, remixes, remixes.(y)

I like the remixes as they give EP a mdoern audience. But I want to see a newly re-recorded album with modern day accustics and Pop contemporary arrangements on some of the lesser known songs. I have a feeling this will happen soon.;)

Elvis and Johnny
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Just my opinion, but I donít like it.

They completely ruined the song.

It doesnít sound on key, or something.

Thereís just way to much music/noise.

I REALLY donít like new music. Itís just yelling, swearing, and a lot of sound effects.

Rap, hard rock, hip hop, bip bop, bop bop, whatever they call it.

Elvis will always be the King of ALL music!!!

*Original* Baby Letís Play House (Live 1956)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzOBLGBOJ7w

EP75
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Just my opinion, but I donít like it.

They completely ruined the song.

It doesnít sound on key, or something.

Thereís just way to much music/noise.

I REALLY donít like new music. Itís just yelling, swearing, and a lot of sound effects.

Rap, hard rock, hip hop, bip bop, bop bop, whatever they call it.

Elvis will always be the King of ALL music!!!

*Original* Baby Letís Play House (Live 1956)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzOBLGBOJ7w

True but that's the sound of today tomorrow and for a long time to come. So for EP to fit in with today's music it HAS to be remixed.

rocknroll
01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
True but that's the sound of today tomorrow and for a long time to come. So for EP to fit in with today's music it HAS to be remixed.

I don't want Elvis to fit in with today's music, because it is NOT his music.

rocknroll
01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
But I want to see a newly re-recorded album with modern day accustics and Pop contemporary arrangements on some of the lesser known songs. I have a feeling this will happen soon.;)

They've already done this, and it was universally panned.

presley31
01-05-2008, 11:53 AM

I have a couple things from DJ ethan and his remixes are the great.(y)(y)

U.S. Male
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm happy to see Elvis still reaching #1, but imo...the remix is pants :wacko:

JMHO is all...:pepsi:

Diane
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Nope, I didn't care for this remix either...the original is much better. In fact, the ONLY remix I feel was a great improvement was A Little Less Conversation...I can't get enough of that one.

Diane

EP75
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
They've already done this, and it was universally panned.

Some others may differ. Besides the infamous Guitar Man LP was almost 3 decades ago. And if I'm not mistaken (which I'm not) it reached #1 on the Billbaord Country Charts and peaked in the Top 40 Pop. Not a bad thing for it not being "his music".:lmfao:

rocknroll
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Some others may differ. Besides the infamous Guitar Man LP was almost 3 decades ago. And if I'm not mistaken (which I'm not) it reached #1 on the Billbaord Country Charts and peaked in the Top 40 Pop. Not a bad thing for it not being "his music".:lmfao:

Doesn't change the fact it was ABYSMAL CRAP. There was also the horrible "I Was The One" LP. Shameful.

EP75
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Doesn't change the fact it was ABYSMAL CRAP. There was also the horrible "I Was The One" LP. Shameful.

I will agree that the album in general wasn't the best. However some songs like Guitar Man, Clean up Your Own Back Yard, and Too Much Monkey Business sounded as modern as any. You would have thought he was still alive and re-recorded those songs in 1980.:supriced: They still sound fresh today. But the others didn't sound so good and sound older than the originals even.

Never the less it was a hit and that was all that mattered. In fact it was so successful that there were plans for a follow up remake album (hence the extra tracks on Too Much Monkey Business FTD release) but Felton had a fatal heart attack and the project was nixed.

Now that being said, you can't compare what was done 28 years ago to the technology out there today. They do not compete. Today's musical technology breakthrough is 10 times better than it was in 1980. There fore the acoustics would blow what Felton did out of the water. The remixes do that as it is.

cameron
01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Can't say I liked this remix as well as A Little Less Conversation.
But, others might .

KPM
01-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't want Elvis to fit in with today's music, because it is NOT his music.
I don't think, being dead, he could ever truely fit in with todays music-but with remixes his voice can be heard by those who may not have ever given it a listen. If it leads them to want to hear more then thats a good thing IMO I liked ALLC it was current-but the song itself was almost a rap type thing even before the remix-it was almost spoken not sung. It is going to be hard to find another remix which will do as well. But I still think they should keep trying. You can always listen to the originals, remixing does not stop that.
I once again see this as a no win situation-if they remix people complain its not right, if they keep putting out reissues-people complain they are not doing anything new to promote Elvis. Catch 22.

Circle G
01-06-2008, 03:48 AM
When Elvis recorded most of his studio material he sang with his basic backing group however many takes he needed until he was happy with his vocal and then he left.His music was then no longer his own it belonged to RCA who overdubbed orchestration etc and remixed it - often in a way Elvis did not like or want. In this regard these modern remixes are no different and just as valid as the original mixes in my opinion.

EP75
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
When Elvis recorded most of his studio material he sang with his basic backing group however many takes he needed until he was happy with his vocal and then he left.His music was then no longer his own it belonged to RCA who overdubbed orchestration etc and remixed it - often in a way Elvis did not like or want. In this regard these modern remixes are no different and just as valid as the original mixes in my opinion.

Very good and accurate assessment!(y)

rocknroll
01-06-2008, 11:19 AM

Incorrect on many fronts. Also, there is one major ingredient missing.

LianaKaralivanou
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I liked the "A little less conversation" remix better...