PDA

View Full Version : august 26th 1969 are you lonseome tonight laughing

hgs262626
12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
what actually happened does anyone know? did he see an angry bald guy in the audience or just get the laughs or summin?

TLC67
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
I was listening to Elvis Radio on Sirius and I think it was George Klein that said he got tickled at the back-up singer that was singing and it snowballed from there.
Didn't he have a fantastic laugh?!

elvisia
12-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, listening to the whole show that evening("All Shook up" FTD cd), I think he was just in a happy and fun mood that night and further more, he fooled around with the same joke during "Are you lonesome tonight" in 68, not sure, but I think it`s on the "let your self go" FTD cd. Will check it out later.....right now I`m listening to the TCB radio New years show(y):)

"Happy new year":partytime:happy_ny:

elvisia
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi again.......just had a listen to the FTD cd (1968)"Let yourself go" and yes....it`s here....he fooled around with...the "Balled head" as well...so it was not a special and spontanious input for the 69 concert.......me think not:)

SweetCaroline
12-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Here is one version of what started the laughing...:D

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presley-Elvis-562/elvis-lonesome-tonite.htm

I have also read that a couple ladies in the audience were taking the toupee' off of a friend's head and being silly....and it tickled Elvis' funny bone

Also that a girl was jumping up and down and her fake hair fell off.

There seems to be several versions around the WWW of what happened that night to set Elvis to uncontrolled laughing.:lol:

Whatever it was ...there is nothing more fun than our Elvis having a laughing fit :lmfao:

Personally, I think Elvis got silly with the lyrics and then something happened in the audience that fit something with the lyrics he had just said...and got him in a giggle fit.

Rover
01-01-2008, 07:42 AM
It sounds weird...I'm pretty sure I hear him change the lyrics in the funny reel of the 68 comeback special. Maybe it is the same material featured on Elvisia's CD? Anyway he didn't change the lyrics for the first time in 69...
Whatever, it is great to hear him laugh :D
Btw, anybody knows the laughing version of the song Datin'? Any idea why he was laughing?

Getlo
01-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Btw, anybody knows the laughing version of the song Datin'? Any idea why he was laughing?

As has been discussed (to death?) elsewhere, the Datin' recording session was made during his one major dalliance with marijuana.

Donut
01-01-2008, 10:06 AM
As has been discussed (to death?) elsewhere, the Datin' recording session was made during his one major dalliance with marijuana.

Where did you get that info from????
Not that Im shocked because it is marijuana you now... he took worse things.

Getlo
01-01-2008, 10:10 AM

He was experimenting with it around the time of Spinout and Paradise, Hawaiian Style. He stopped after a while as it aggravated his throat and led to some extra weight.

Check several bios, Guralnick I think, maybe Cilla. Goldman probably.

Tony Trout
01-01-2008, 10:34 AM
It sounds weird...I'm pretty sure I hear him change the lyrics in the funny reel of the 68 comeback special. Maybe it is the same material featured on Elvisia's CD? Anyway he didn't change the lyrics for the first time in 69...
Whatever, it is great to hear him laugh :D

He was experimenting with it around the time of Spinout and Paradise, Hawaiian Style. He stopped after a while as it aggravated his throat and led to some extra weight.

Check several bios, Guralnick I think, maybe Cilla. Goldman probably.

I checked Goldman's trashy book and Guralnick's...Priscilla doesn't mention that particular period in Elvis's life except for the one-time LSD incident...

Either way, he's definitely high on something during "Datin'"...no question about it....

utmom2008
01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I

Either way, he's definitely high on something during "Datin'"...no question about it....

I think I would have to be on something as well to get through that song..;)

utmom2008
01-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I have also read that a couple ladies in the audience were taking the toupee' off of a friend's head and being silly....and it tickled Elvis' funny bone

Whatever it was ...there is nothing more fun than our Elvis having a laughing fit :lmfao:

Personally, I think Elvis got silly with the lyrics and then something happened in the audience that fit something with the lyrics he had just said...and got him in a giggle fit.

That's the story that I have heard the most..that there was a guy in the audience who was messing around with his toupee'. Whatever it was, I'm sure Elvis was no different than the rest of us in that something is always funnier when you are NOT supposed to be laughing.:lol:

There is nothing to compare to Elvis's laugh...it was 1 in a million I think.(y) On Larry King last August he asked Priscilla if there was one particular thing that she missed, and after a pause she said "it would have to be his laugh." To me...his laugh was very infectious!!:notworthy:notworthy(y)

Tony Trout
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I think I would have to be on something as well to get through that song..;)

That's the story that I have heard the most..that there was a guy in the audience who was messing around with his toupee'. Whatever it was, I'm sure Elvis was no different than the rest of us in that something is always funnier when you are NOT supposed to be laughing.:lol:

There is nothing to compare to Elvis's laugh...it was 1 in a million I think.(y) On Larry King last August he asked Priscilla if there was one particular thing that she missed, and after a pause she said "it would have to be his laugh." To me...his laugh was very infectious!!:notworthy:notworthy(y)

I agree...I love hearing Elvis laugh...(y)(y)