PDA

View Full Version : Do you still cry ?

Burning_Love
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
It's been 30 years since Elvis died.

But i still find it hard. I hear the same story of how they found Elvis dead, i watch videos on youtube and i still cry, at the same ones.

I can't get over it. Ok, i weren't alive when Elvis was, but it hurts still and i cry.

Do you all get this too ? It's strange, i don't know why i do, i guess i miss him. :'(

"Everyday of my life, want to find you there, gona hold on tight..."

SeeSeeRider777
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
No I dont cry about him dying but a realize what a icon he was and I think it is a shame that he died so soon. He could have done so much more.

Edit:
Like Getlo said he wasnt a part of my family so it did not effect me to the point of crying. Just accept it. Letting something like Elvis' death effect you to the point of crying will only bring you down. Enjoy his music and be happy.

Getlo
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I can't get over it. Ok, i weren't alive when Elvis was, but it hurts still and i cry.

As you said, it's been thirty years.

Accept it. As much as you love Elvis, he wasn't your parent or close relative; you didn't even experience the year when he died.

For the sake of your own health, stop crying about it; it will only drain you.

Burning_Love
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
As you said, it's been thirty years.

Accept it. As much as you love Elvis, he wasn't your parent or close relative; you didn't even experience the year when he died.

For the sake of your own health, stop crying about it; it will only drain you.

I am not saying i cry all the time ! (n)(n)

I'm saying that it effects me, still...that's how much he has an effect on people, i find it amazing..

Burning_Love
12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
No I dont cry about him dying but a realize what a icon he was and I think it is a shame that he died so soon. He could have done so much more.

Edit:
Like Getlo said he wasnt a part of my family so it did not effect me to the point of crying. Just accept it. Letting something like Elvis' death effect you to the point of crying will only bring you down. Enjoy his music and be happy.

I do accept it, but he is so alive to me, his music speaks to me.
I am a happy girl, in general, ask my friends, but sometimes i cry because Elvis lost so much.

Like you said, it's ashame he died so soon.

thedoc
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
what's wrong Getlo,why you hate emotions,don't you ever feel for total strangers or animals,it's not only about Elvis,all living creatures connected somehow,hurt is hurt for everyone and it can happen anytime, any of us,and at least for a few seconds, we can put ourselves in place of others,c'mon!!you can't be a machine, I don't believe this.

Getlo
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
what's wrong Getlo,why you hate emotions,don't you ever feel for total strangers or animals,it's not only about Elvis,all living creatures connected somehow,hurt is hurt for everyone and it can happen anytime, any of us,and at least for a few seconds, we can put ourselves in place of others,c'mon!!you can't be a machine, I don't believe this.

I don't hate emotions; what I hate (from my own perspective) is wasted emotions.

Do I ever feel for total strangers? The completely honest answer is, no, I do not. I can empathise with what people experience, but since I do not know them, I choose not to use emotional energy on them. Yes, I can put myself in the place of others, but when something bad happens to them, I'm just glad it's not me. I don't wish harm to anyone at all but at the same time, when someone I don't even know is going through hell ... well, sorry, but it's their thing. If someone asks for help, I give it, or - in the caase of things like bushfire victims etc - I can give to charity. But as for actually crying over a complete stranger? Never.

Do I feel for animals? Yes, much more so than humans, and especially for the animal I own. I do get teary at animal cruelty. However, human cruelty doesn't make me cry; it only gets me annoyed.

Yes, I get sad sometimes that Elvis is no longer here, but to actually cry over him? No. I have more important things to cry over, when the time is appropriate. The last time I cried over Elvis was when he died, and I was ten.

As you will no doubt have worked out, I am honest in my opinions and try to avoid b.s of any kind. So you can believe this is how I feel. I don't especialy care for human beings as a whole ... and - contrary to the feeling of what some of my posts here might tell you - I am a jovial person, generally happy, and satisifed with the (intentionally) very small group of real friends I have. To be blunt, I have neither the desire nor the emotional energy to spend on people I have never met, nor ever will.

If someone is crying over Elvis regulary - 30 years on - I mean actually crying? I simply do not understand it. It is unhealthy, IMO.

And yes, my favourite Star Trek character is Mr Spock!

MissyM
12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I do when I hear some songs. But I have mixed feelings also. I hurt because his passing effected a lot of people who I think still miss him. So sometimes I get choked up about that. I'm a sap. I cry a lot. If I was married to Getlo, I'm sure I'd drive him nuts! LOL

Diane
12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I can relate to what you're saying Getlo. I rarely cry over human tragedy if I don't personally know the people, but it does affect me especially when it's a child or an innocent. People who bring on their own problems (all on their own, time after time) then complain that their lives are all screwed up just irritate me. Users also leave me emotionless and earn my contempt. At the same time, I can barely drive by a road kill without losing it.

Unchained Melody in the '77 Concert does do me in off and on depending on whether I'm vulnerable at the time or not.

Diane

Getlo
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
If I was married to Getlo, I'm sure I'd drive him nuts! LOL

There is not enough money in the world that would make me spend the rest of my life with one woman, let alone marry her ...

People who bring on their own problems (all on their own, time after time) then complain that their lives are all screwed up just irritate me.

Yes. I'll take it even further and say that most people in general irritate me in one form or another! :)

MissyM
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Well then I guess I'll just have to settle for driving you nuts on this board Get! LOL (jk, you know I am married!)

thedoc
12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Getlo for caring to answer to a total stranger(be careful,that's what you did),
Well, I'm not much of a human person myself since animals come first for me,and have only one(true) friend.
as for Mr Spock,he was my fav character as well.See? I've told you every creature has a connection somehow.lol.But I have to carry other's misery ,don't know why,it just happens and I'm aware what a curse is this,yet I still want to be able to do this.

Tony Trout
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
After 30 years, no I don't cry over Elvis but there was a moment when I was watching the end of "Love Coming Down" and the funeral footage and "I'm Leaving" started playing and I did start to cry....

e76
12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Burning love, You are not alone, I still cry too. Elvis makes me laugh, he makes me smile, his voice soothes me, his music lifts my spirits when I am down, but there are times that I miss him so much that I cry. My friend and I went to Memphis this past August for the 30th anniversary and believe me, we aren't the only ones still crying!

Getlo
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
But I have to carry other's misery ,don't know why

No, you don't have to at all.

You choose to.

Broussey
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes i do too, Everyones relationship with elvis is different, But like someone said b4 you are not the only :).....

jatta-tcb
12-19-2007, 12:54 AM

But i still find it hard. I hear the same story of how they found Elvis dead, i watch videos on youtube and i still cry, at the same ones.

Do you all get this too ? It's strange, i don't know why i do, i guess i miss him. :'(

I have to say that it's nothing wrong if you cry. I do cry sometimes.. last time I cried I watched "American Triology" Aloha Rehearsal..and I have cried while ī68 Comeback show.. and other videos. I think it is nothing wrong. I'm with you with this thing. :hug:

Take care my friend Danielle :hug:
Jatta

elvislady
12-19-2007, 01:29 AM
I dont cry over elvis i have to agree with some of the comments made by getlo and diane. when i here certain songs it might make me sad but not cry.
elvislady:D

cibetty
12-19-2007, 02:16 AM

I absolutely understand you Danielle, it also happens to me sometimes. Not always, but sometimes I feel that I can't stop crying for a while. I think crying is necessary sometimes and don't feel that you have to do anything against it. Beleive me that nothing is wrong with you. You are a very honest girl with a very warm heart, I can tell you.

Take care, many hugs from: :hug: :hug:

Betti

cibetty
12-19-2007, 02:32 AM
I have to say that it's nothing wrong if you cry. I do cry sometimes.. last time I cried I watched "American Triology" Aloha Rehearsal..and I have cried while ī68 Comeback show.. and other videos. I think it is nothing wrong. I'm with you with this thing. :hug:

Take care my friend Danielle :hug:
Jatta

I agree with you Jatta! The same thing happens to me sometimes. But I think crying is a natural thing sometimes and it comes with deep emotions and you don't have to do anything against it. I agree with Danielle too!! I am also with you girls with this thing and I really understand both of you.

Many hugs :hug: :hug::

Betti

marijaep
12-19-2007, 02:43 AM
I do cry sometimes. Funny thing, I feel like I miss him too although I wasn't born when he died :'(.
Thanks for your sincere post Danielle :flowers:
Oh well, the best thing to do I guess is to listen to his music, relax and enjoy.
People have enough other problems...

Elvis_Priestly
12-19-2007, 03:46 AM
Art can be a great way of encouraging us to express emotions which the circumstances of life, and the judgements of others, can make it hard to manifest.

I can cry watching an entirely fictional character in a soap opera cry. While I do I know why I'm doing it - its my psyche allowing things which have hurt me in my own life become associated with the drama of that moment.

Elvis was an artist, and also a "piece of art." His life is operatic, even divided into acts with the last act being quite simply gut wrenching. On 16th August this year I had the great pleasure of standing at his grave and the great pleasure of crying my eyes out and actually sobbing! Was I crying solely for Elvis? I don't believe so. I believe many of the tears were crafted in moments of hurt/sadness/rejection etc. that I have experienced in the past and accumulated to be released at this moment - where it was "safe" in the drama of this amazing story to come out. I could "thank" Elvis for this because it was the "gift of a stranger" to allow this moment of pure emotion.

I cry not for him but for myself and his story facilitates that. It's art. Situation comedy allows us to laugh at situations from our own life when our laughter would have been inappropriate. Terror lets us jump (and shriek!) at moments from our own lives when we've needed to be strong. Tragedy allows us to cry at our own dramas when we've had to keep on keeping on.

If art lets you cry, thank art. If the main character is entirely fictional or real but a stranger, thats ok because in the end we are really crying for ourselves.

[p.s.: man that's miserable! But I focus on crying because its the topic in hand - I'm usually actually laughing :D]

Kris P
12-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Excellent post, Elvis Priestly.

Getlo
12-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Yes dear,

nO MORE CRYING PLEASE....:D

It's Josh&JodyKC the spammer again, folks!

Same message in different threads.

Sick of this! :angry::angry:(n)

MissyM
12-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Well, feeling are just that, and we can't control how we feel. Our feelings are who we are. So if we feel like crying that's ok. Now if you have no feeling of sadness that is ok too. I've always been a very sensitive person. I can not control how I feel but I can control what I do with those feelings. BTW-that's a challenge I am working on be it anger, sadness, or whatever. Road rage is something that is very hard to control. So if I feel sad when I hear a song of Elvis's or something else trips it in my heart, so be it. I'm not the least bit ashamed. That's what made him so great, his music and voice could moved the hearts/emotions of many. It's no different than if I hear Jailhouse Rock and I need to get up and dance. So dance I will, cry I will, laugh I will and then it ends. It's momentary and if it bugs ppl..oh well.

ksimms2
12-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Danielle, I'm 40 years old - and yes - I still cry on occasion about Elvis. Depending on what I'm watching or listening to. The funeral footage always makes me cry. So you aren't alone. Some people are more sensitive than others. Elvis has been a huge part of my entire life (I was 9 1/2 when he died) so yes I get emotional over him.

kellyelvis
12-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes i do. I wasnt even around when Elvis passed away so maybe i feel it more. Elvis has been my best friend since i was 9. My upbringing wasnt a Happy one so i found Another carer through Elvis( sounds daft i know) Elvis brought me up. And when i learnt of how lonely Elvis felt towards the end and The events that followed throuh. I really felt an urge to reach out to him. But obviously i cant.
I feel that loneliness myself so to think that someone as beautiful as Elvis Going through the same emotions and pain. It's just not fair.
But at least he is not forgotten and nor will he ever be while im around.
I'll keep his memory alive if im the last one standing.
I love you Elvis.:king:

Miss Clawdy
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM

I understand all you say wholeheartedly. I still cry too, but for me 'still'
might be the wrong word as I am not a lifelong fan like Getlo or Diane
for example. I sure would have been if I had known Elvis earlier, but that
shouldn't be (I'm also crying for what I have been missing for such a long
time :'() ;). So maybe for those who were raised on Elvis and lost him
30 years ago it is a little different? I don't know. I 'met' Elvis only a few
years ago and he was already gone :'(. I cry for Elvis and the things we
cannot change anymore and therefore I cry for me too.....
But when Elvis is laughing.....sun comes up!!!:D

Something sad:'(:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yfMUx9g80

presley31
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Sometimes l get tears in my eyes over certain songs, but l don't cry to easy over somebody's death and someone l never met before makes it little harder for me to get all upset, but everyone is different.

Diane
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
My problem is that I was all cried out years ago so hard for me to do it anymore, I feel the pain but can't cry often. I wish I could, I think it's healthier if you can. So those of us who can, bless you!

Diane

presley31
12-19-2007, 08:12 AM
My problem is that I was all cried out years ago so hard for me to do it anymore, I feel the pain but can't cry often. I wish I could, I think it's healthier if you can. So those of us who can, bless you!

Diane

yep me too diane, l think the only time l break down in tears if l had a very bad day with my son and my nerves are almost shot, but l don't cry to easy on other things.

Burning_Love
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow thanks for all your honest answers.
Glad i'm not the only one.

I am not an emotional wreck over this, but it gets me.

Miss Clawdy, i loved your post, and Elvis Priestly, made a lot of sense !!

But i want to say to Getlo that i can't help it if i cry, please don't tell me what to do, to "stop crying" !!!

I have a very warm heart, that's what i believe, i cry over other people, i feel for them, it's just the way i am.

:hug: Thanks again for all your answers :hug:

Getlo
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
But i want to say to Getlo that i can't help it if i cry, please don't tell me what to do, to "stop crying" !!!

It doesn't affect me in the least whether you cry over Elvis or not ... but there are more important things over which to shed one's tears.

Burning_Love
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
It doesn't affect me in the least whether you cry over Elvis or not ... but there are more important things over which to she one's tears.

Maybe...In your opinion. :):D

riley
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I still cry over him yes, esp when I watch tribute video's or when I see Lisa talking about him yes.
I am very emotional when it comes to Elvis

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes....I can still become emotional about it. He was my ENTIRE life growing up..as I have told you before my parents hauled me around everywhere making sure I had the best seats, etc....the fan clubs(over 25 at one time), the pen pals...you name it...I remember the day he died as though it was yesterday...I remember my parents saying it "was like losing a member of the family".....:'(

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Do I feel for animals? Yes, much more so than humans, and especially for the animal I own. I do get teary at animal cruelty. However, human cruelty doesn't make me cry; it only gets me annoyed.

I agree with this 1000%. I LOVE animals...they are innocent creatures. So many humans put themselves in the position they are in through poor choices and such. You all may call me nuts, but, I can't stand to see an animal out in the cold, and hungry. However......homeless people don't bother me much..;)

Burning_Love
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Well utmom, that is your opinion, i don't think your nuts :D (You havn't met me lol:lol:)

I feel for both Humans and Animals, i believe we all are equal =]

Getlo
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
i believe we all are equal =]

You may very well believe this, but it is one of the great untruths of the world.

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
So maybe for those who were raised on Elvis and lost him
30 years ago it is a little different?

Yes...that's my point exactly!:notworthy:king::notworthy

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Well utmom, that is your opinion, i don't think your nuts :D (You havn't met me lol:lol:)

I feel for both Humans and Animals, i believe we all are equal =]
Thanks!! I was glad to get that vote of confidence! :lol::lol:

Burning_Love
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
That's Ok :D:D :hug:

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I cry since I became a nobody. Not even worthy to post here.

?????????????????????????

GirlHappy19
12-19-2007, 10:40 AM
If any of you are into country music you should know who Boxcar Willie is--anyways he sings a song tittled"THE DAY ELVIS DIE"It talks about a guy telling his mother that he knew she cried the day Elvis die.I know that my sister still cries.She has chosen not to watch his videos.I get sad when Im in the computer and i check the Graceland webcam.
The mansion looks so sad:(But thank god he die in his beloved Graceland and not on the road or some cold hotel room.God call him and he had to leave.It was his time.I guess is true the saying that goes"Only the good die young"
Try to enjoy his music.And if you find that you get sad over his loss to often,talk to your priest or anyone you trust.If you need to talk,e-mail [email protected]
Have a merry christmas and a blessed 2008:newyear:

Giovanna:xmas:

MissyM
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
utmom, I think BSmith is what you would call a Troll!

Rover
12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow, great thread...Some of his songs make me cry, for exemple, American trilogy, when I hear the lines "your daddy is bound to die"...gets me everytime :'(
There is some footage that also make me cry, or at least bring tears to my eyes...Actually I never watched the funeral footage and I don't want to watch it, I think I couldn't stand it

Burning_Love
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks for your answer Pauline :D !
I agree, i too havn't seen all the funeral footage, i dont want to either...

Elvistcbkirch
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Honestly, ladies and gentlemen. If you cry for Elvis because of his death 30 years ago, you need to get yourself together, unless you are a very close friend or a familymember. He was a man, who knew, what he did. Call me misanthropic. Call me cynical, but sobbing over his grave is pathetic. Again, I must admit, that I get high and sentimental, when listening to Elvis, but in this case, I fully agree with Priestly. Elvis was a lot of fantastic circumstances, banging together at the same time. You could call it a Big Bang, that became art. Everything was fantastic. The look. The clothes, the music, the decades, his dramatic rise from nothing to dekadent superstar. The showbizz on stage with glamour and drama. The hole *** in one person. As an image. Thats what people are crying for. Some folks in here need to reflect a bit on that. Best regards, Martin

LianaKaralivanou
12-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow, great thread...Some of his songs make me cry, for exemple, American trilogy, when I hear the lines "your daddy is bound to die"...gets me everytime :'(There is some footage that also make me cry, or at least bring tears to my eyes...Actually I never watched the funeral footage and I don't want to watch it, I think I couldn't stand it

I completely agree with you. American Trilogy does that to me too, every single time... Well, call me sentimental, sensitive or whatever you want but yes, I admit that I cry a lot when I hear some particular Elvis' songs. Between you and me, I cry when I'm all alone, not in front of others.:secret:

rocknroll
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Do you all get this too ? It's strange, i don't know why i do, i guess i miss him. :'(I]

No. I didn't cry when he died, so I certainly don't now.

cibetty
12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I completely agree with you. American Trilogy does that to me too, every single time... Well, call me sentimental, sensitive or whatever you want but yes, I admit that I cry a lot when I hear some particular Elvis' songs. Between you and me, I cry when I'm all alone, not in front of others.:secret:

I agree with you, 'American Trilogy' is a beautiful song, it always touches my heart. I also can tell, that I cry when I am all alone (usually not in front of others) and I am glad that I am not the only one with this thing. :hug:

franny
12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't cry over Elvis, since it was 30 years ago, but I feel sad that his life ended at such a young age...I also, cry when I hear American Trilogy and I cry when I'm alone, but that's another topic...:'(

franny

Broussey
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Well everyone is different.. Its a choice if you cry well i am one to and if you don't oh well elvis effects everyone different i wasn't alive either but.. But i really don't think it matters if you where alive or not i watch the same footage that you guys did back then so really its no different other then hes not hear i am sure many of you never saw him live so really i don't think theirs no difference.. If that makes sence....

LORRIELOVESELVIS
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes I Still Cry.....lol

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Honestly, ladies and gentlemen. If you cry for Elvis because of his death 30 years ago, you need to get yourself together, unless you are a very close friend or a familymember. He was a man, who knew, what he did. Call me misanthropic. Call me cynical, but sobbing over his grave is pathetic. Again, I must admit, that I get high and sentimental, when listening to Elvis, but in this case, I fully agree with Priestly. Elvis was a lot of fantastic circumstances, banging together at the same time. You could call it a Big Bang, that became art. Everything was fantastic. The look. The clothes, the music, the decades, his dramatic rise from nothing to dekadent superstar. The showbizz on stage with glamour and drama. The hole *** in one person. As an image. Thats what people are crying for. Some folks in here need to reflect a bit on that. Best regards, Martin

With all due respect Martin, I think it's a little off base to tell someone they are pathetic for the manner in which they deal with sadness and grief. It could very well be that something in his music sparks something else in their makeup that makes them sad. I know that when I hear the words you know your Daddy is bound to die it makes me feel an emotion that is tied into losing my father. And, please remember, men and women deal with their emotions on an entirely different level. Don't forget.....men are from Mars.:D:D Seriously, don't judge someone's emotional meter until you have walked in their shoes........:king:
not sure what you mean by the 2nd highlighted term? I don't think, however, that's what people are crying over...

Elvistcbkirch
12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Dear Utmom: No offence to you. If you want to cry, you can cry and I guess you're crying a lot, if you listen to Elvis on daily basis. I'm just not into that. My point of view is misantropic and cýnical. When I see poor babies from Africa with balloned bellies, I dont cry, I get pissed of the unfairness of that. When I hear politicians lie people straight up in their face, I dont get angry, I feel sorry for the people who vote for them. When I hear Elvis, I dont sob, I get happy, because its great music. When I see Elvis-fans sob over his grave, I laugh. Not in lack of empathy, I'll save my empathy to my friends and family, when they need it, but baceause this hole crying-thing is pathetic. Best regards, Martin

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Dear Utmom: No offence to you. If you want to cry, you can cry and I guess you're crying a lot, if you listen to Elvis on daily basis. I'm just not into that. My point of view is misantropic and cýnical. When I see poor babies from Africa with balloned bellies, I dont cry, I get pissed of the unfairness of that. When I hear politicians lie people straight up in their face, I dont get angry, I feel sorry for the people who vote for them. When I hear Elvis, I dont sob, I get happy, because its great music. When I see Elvis-fans sob over his grave, I laugh. Not in lack of empathy, I'll save my empathy to my friends and family, when they need it, but baceause this hole crying-thing is pathetic. Best regards, Martin
Martin....:lol: I think you need to read my post again, I'm not real clear where you got the idea that I am crying on a daily basis.:hmm: I said that one line in one song has emotion tied into it. I do think that people that cry all the time need to get a grip, just as I also feel that people that are very cynical need to re-evaluate themselves as well. Overly emotional is no different than cynical and under emotional. There is often an underlying reason on both accounts...a good counselor will tell you the same. I still feel that telling someone that their emotion is pathetic is uncalled for. Merry Christmas........

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
My point of view is misantropic and cýnical. When I hear politicians lie people straight up in their face, I dont get angry, I feel sorry for the people who vote for them. When I see Elvis-fans sob over his grave, I laugh.

You have used the word misantropic....I am assuming that you mean misanthropic? Someone that is scowling on the world and dislikes people in general, correct? Or...as good old Webster says "a hater of mankind". If that really does describe you, then I can understand why you would find people with emotion as pathetic. An emotional person is a long way from a misanthropist.

If you feel sorry for people that have voted for a politician that has lied, then you must have empathy for the entire human population.;);) If a politician's lips are moving...then chances are good.....;););)

I am also assuming from your age that Elvis was dead and buried before you were old enough to truly appreciate him. Bear in mind that maybe things are different for those that were able to experience him live, and in person.;)

Tommy
12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Please stay on topic.

Cryogenic
12-19-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't hate emotions; what I hate (from my own perspective) is wasted emotions.

Do I ever feel for total strangers? The completely honest answer is, no, I do not. I can empathise with what people experience, but since I do not know them, I choose not to use emotional energy on them. Yes, I can put myself in the place of others, but when something bad happens to them, I'm just glad it's not me. I don't wish harm to anyone at all but at the same time, when someone I don't even know is going through hell ... well, sorry, but it's their thing. If someone asks for help, I give it, or - in the caase of things like bushfire victims etc - I can give to charity. But as for actually crying over a complete stranger? Never.

Yes, I get sad sometimes that Elvis is no longer here, but to actually cry over him? No. I have more important things to cry over, when the time is appropriate. The last time I cried over Elvis was when he died, and I was ten.

As you will no doubt have worked out, I am honest in my opinions and try to avoid b.s of any kind. So you can believe this is how I feel. I don't especialy care for human beings as a whole ... and - contrary to the feeling of what some of my posts here might tell you - I am a jovial person, generally happy, and satisifed with the (intentionally) very small group of real friends I have. To be blunt, I have neither the desire nor the emotional energy to spend on people I have never met, nor ever will.

If someone is crying over Elvis regulary - 30 years on - I mean actually crying? I simply do not understand it. It is unhealthy, IMO.

And yes, my favourite Star Trek character is Mr Spock!

Getlo, I don't B.S. either, so believe me when I call this exactly what it is: a very good post ......... because it's genuine ........ but I believe you are missing a few pieces of the puzzle, which is why a further citation is necessary...

P.S. Love Spock. "Of all the souls I have encountered, his was the most ..... human." That's Kirk's eulogy for his friend from "The Wrath of Khan", of course, but I hold "The Motion Picture" to be a superior work of cinema. Remember: even Spock wept for V'Ger.

Art can be a great way of encouraging us to express emotions which the circumstances of life, and the judgements of others, can make it hard to manifest.

I can cry watching an entirely fictional character in a soap opera cry. While I do I know why I'm doing it - its my psyche allowing things which have hurt me in my own life become associated with the drama of that moment.

Elvis was an artist, and also a "piece of art." His life is operatic, even divided into acts with the last act being quite simply gut wrenching. On 16th August this year I had the great pleasure of standing at his grave and the great pleasure of crying my eyes out and actually sobbing! Was I crying solely for Elvis? I don't believe so. I believe many of the tears were crafted in moments of hurt/sadness/rejection etc. that I have experienced in the past and accumulated to be released at this moment - where it was "safe" in the drama of this amazing story to come out. I could "thank" Elvis for this because it was the "gift of a stranger" to allow this moment of pure emotion.

I cry not for him but for myself and his story facilitates that. It's art. Situation comedy allows us to laugh at situations from our own life when our laughter would have been inappropriate. Terror lets us jump (and shriek!) at moments from our own lives when we've needed to be strong. Tragedy allows us to cry at our own dramas when we've had to keep on keeping on.

If art lets you cry, thank art. If the main character is entirely fictional or real but a stranger, thats ok because in the end we are really crying for ourselves.

[p.s.: man that's miserable! But I focus on crying because its the topic in hand - I'm usually actually laughing :D]

Another post of devastating brilliance, Elvis_Priestly.

Art is like the ultimate "Rorschach Test"; we project into it and find out who we are. Everything seems magnified with Elvis. Opera, indeed! Your grave story was a surprisingly uplifting read.

Something I wish to add (a general statement). This isn't intended to subvert or supplant the existing posts I've quoted, but to supplement:

Crying occurs when one is unable to articulate their feelings; literally, it is a loss of articulation. And there is nothing wrong with that; it is a perfectly natural and essential facet of being human. But us humans also have the power of language and reason (as callow as we can be). With language and reason, it is possible to analyze, construct, deconstruct, reconstruct and grow. If there is a sadness over Elvis' passing, it is -- more often than not -- an intellectual one for me. Emotions nurture the intellect, but they don't define it. In its own set of ways, intellectual sadness can actually be a lot more potent than primal sadness, both in its ability to overwhelm, but also in its ability to grant one more options. Intellectual sadness can empower one to great things.

I hope that makes sense to somebody. Someone tell me what I mean, please! It's Christmas and all this constant heavy talk is rather bleak. Weep, but also rejoice.

rhythmknights
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
i don't usually cry, but this past summer, i felt really saddened, maybe because there was- & is- so much in the media about him. i'm still discovering so many things about him, it was just so sad for me to realize that i'd never get to experience things about him with him. i recently discovered the song "Do You Know Who I am?" it's my new favorite song and it kinda brings me to tears!

Kris P
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Getlo, I don't B.S. either, so believe me when I call this exactly what it is: a very good post ......... because it's genuine ........ but I believe you are missing a few pieces of the puzzle, which is why a further citation is necessary...

P.S. Love Spock. "Of all the souls I have encountered, his was the most ..... human." That's Kirk's eulogy for his friend from "The Wrath of Khan", of course, but I hold "The Motion Picture" to be a superior work of cinema. Remember: even Spock wept for V'Ger.

Another post of devastating brilliance, Elvis_Priestly.

Art is like the ultimate "Rorschach Test"; we project into it and find out who we are. Everything seems magnified with Elvis. Opera, indeed! Your grave story was a surprisingly uplifting read.

Something I wish to add (a general statement). This isn't intended to subvert or supplant the existing posts I've quoted, but to supplement:

Crying occurs when one is unable to articulate their feelings; literally, it is a loss of articulation. And there is nothing wrong with that; it is a perfectly natural and essential facet of being human. But us humans also have the power of language and reason (as callow as we can be). With language and reason, it is possible to analyze, construct, deconstruct, reconstruct and grow. If there is a sadness over Elvis' passing, it is -- more often than not -- an intellectual one for me. Emotions nurture the intellect, but they don't define it. In its own set of ways, intellectual sadness can actually be a lot more potent than primal sadness, both in its ability to overwhelm, but also in its ability to grant one more options. Intellectual sadness can empower one to great things.

I hope that makes sense to somebody. Someone tell me what I mean, please! It's Christmas and all this constant heavy talk is rather bleak. Weep, but also rejoice.

That makes perfect sense, my friend.

Cryogenic
12-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Thank you, Kris! :D

I don't know about you, but doesn't it feel better to be here, away from you-know-who and his gang?

ruggishboo
12-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I was only four months old when Elvis passed away sixty miles from my house. I didn't get to experience what it was like to see him in concert unlike some members of my family. But I grew up with him, my mother has many old Elvis records, and since I was old enough to play them myself, that was what I liked to hear. Over the years I learned a lot about him but never enough, because I continually learn more about him and his music every day. I've been to Graceland several times over the years since, stood over his grave like untold millions before me, but never shed a tear. I am not sure as to why I never have, because it is sad to reflect on his life and what could of been and what was. I don't feel it's wrong for someone to cry for or about Elvis, I just don't or never have done it. Tears are kinda sacred for me I guess. I choose, for the most part, to shed them at moments that are heartfelt and deeply personal for me. I've cried at the funerals of loved ones, I've cried when my son was born. I cried at the end of the horrific day of Sept 11th. Elvis has always been my little means of relaxation, my hobby, my fix. I can listen to his music or watch him on TV and feel comfortable, and feel a kinship to a unique and talented individual who brought a lot of joy to many people. It makes me sad to think of what could of been, maybe even what should of been (I guess that's for that other thread lol), but I choose to not cry over it. I am just glad Elvis was around in the first place.

Kris P
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Thank you, Kris! :D

I don't know about you, but doesn't it feel better to be here, away from you-know-who and his gang?

Mate, it feels a whole lot better!
The negativity shown to EP by some fans boggles my mind.....whilst there were many fine people over you know where, visiting that particular site became a chore, draining ones fandom.
Anyways, nice to feel at home.

President Presley
12-20-2007, 01:27 AM
I cry when I watch one of Elvis' movie's... but seriously, it's sad the way things ended and that Elvis never saw Lisa grow up or had a chance to see his grandchildren.
But we got dvd's and cd's of Elvis and that's something 'regular' people can't leave behind when they pass away.

Burning_Love
12-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks for your answers. Some i did not find helpful, some i did.

President Presley, that's one of the main reasons i get upset, because he has missed out on a lot, and it's a big shame. It really is.

And of course i don't cry in public about it, i'm alone when i do.

And Elvistcbkirch - I don't think any of us are pathetic, crying over a loss. I believe we all still care.

President Presley
12-20-2007, 07:41 AM
President Presley, that's one of the main reasons i get upset, because he has missed out on a lot, and it's a big shame. It really is.

I agree, Elvis missed out a lot, like inventions like CD's, the Internet.
New music, his family, friends and (new) fans.

utmom2008
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
And what they call you is a *****. No wonder no one wanted anything to do with your side of the family.

What an incredibly rude comment to say to anyone.(n)(n)

edbdmiddy
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I always cry at Christmas Time when I hear some of Elvis's Christmas songs "Blue Christmas" always brings the tears but i love it :D

presley31
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
That clip from youtube old friend, that song always beings a tear to me eye.

Diane
12-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Not a thing wrong with Missy's side of the family BSmith. That was beyond rude!
(n)(n)(n)

Diane

presley31
12-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Not a thing wrong with Missy's side of the family BSmith. That was beyond rude!
(n)(n)(n)

Diane

l agree but calling someone a troll is a bit rude too.

Merry
12-20-2007, 06:46 PM
It would be nice if people don't call other's trolls.

It is Christmas time, it would be lovely if everything was water under the bridge, and we move forward instead of excluding others.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Merry Christmas to Elvis, love you!

aaaaannnnnddddddddd.....I'm at the Libraryb (I shall return, I'll try hard to, asap, Library may be closed over this weekend).
xxxxxxxxxx

Merry
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
This was a loving and caring thread from the lovely Danielle (hugs honey).

I am close to tears at times, reading some things, some days.

I think "How would Elvis feel?". He is a strong man, he would see through things.......

Getlo
12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
And what they call you is a *****. No wonder no one wanted anything to do with your side of the family.

Funny how BSmith's posts keep disappearing, leaving only 1 listed post.

Welcome back, Knoxelvis.

Your comments to Missy were uncalled for. I urge other members to report this person.

epmoodyblue
12-20-2007, 07:59 PM
course i still cry at times ..always will i miss elvis beyond words he was like family for me. special...i have only cried oceans of tears twice in my lifetime .when my father passed away and when elvis died:'(

utmom2008
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM

Welcome back, Knoxelvis.

Your comments to Missy were uncalled for. I urge other members to report this person.

Completely uncalled for, and yes, I reported the post earlier. How anyone on this board can think that comment is justified is beyond me.:mad::angry:(n)

utmom2008
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
l agree but calling someone a troll is a bit rude too.
The 2 comments don't come close to being in the same league.....(n)

presley31
12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
The 2 comments don't come close to being in the same league.....(n)

we will let the mods decide when they see the reports.

utmom2008
12-20-2007, 09:09 PM
we will let the mods decide when they see the reports.
Yep, I agree.(y)(y).........;);) :lol:

Merry
12-20-2007, 11:53 PM

Welcome back, Knoxelvis.

Excuse me, but calling someone a "troll" is an insult. You are quick to defend yourself, if called a name (why are you different to everyone else, different rules for you???). Missy may not know, that calling someone a troll is an insult (apologies if you don't, Missy).

Getlo, please stop trying to make these "cliques".

I've noticed this, for ages. Calling people you talk to "the gang". You must be busy with your private emails. I read one of your emails, posted on the site you mentioned, "Topix", whereas you emailed someone. Your email, was then consequently posted publicly on Topix, it was warm and friendly; then you had a go at them publicly, when they disagreed with you. (This is why they posted your private email).

Some people on here, I've heard, "keep out of your way". How does that make you feel? Good or??

We are all adults, on a public board.

To be frank, haven't you noticed people asking you to tone it down? (I've noticed this comment, by people who had their feelings hurt, addressed to you, more than anyone else). No-one has said: "let's all gang up on .......", only you. Geez!!!! We are adults!

P.S. People could say the same about you: "Let's all report Getlo" (you are quite the "talk" on "Topix", I've noticed that you freely run down the people from there, on here, too). Do you think that that is acceptable?

This place must be your life (trying to squeeze out who you don't like).

Now, time for your "poor me" spiel. More people will wake up to you, I'm sure they are, already.

Merry
12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
To The Mods and to those who care......

[]i]edited by admin: please contact moderators by PM instead[i/]

Getlo
12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
You are quick to defend yourself, if called a name (why are you different to everyone else, different rules for you???).

What on earth are you talking about?! :blink::blink::blink: When did I call anyone a name (especially BSmith/Knoxelvis - he is a troll - Missy's expression; not mine. This is the first time I've even typed that word!)

Getlo, please stop trying to make these "cliques". I've noticed this, for ages. Calling people you talk to "the gang". You must be busy with your private emails. I read one of your emails, posted on the site you mentioned, "Topix", whereas you emailed someone. Your email, was then consequently posted publicly on Topix, it was warm and friendly; then you had a go at them publicly, when they disagreed with you. (This is why they posted your private email).

I suppose it would be too much to ask for a public apology since you have slagged me off here in a public thread. I'd love to see this email I posted on Topix ... especially since I have never posted there, and I do not send Elvis-related emails - private or otherwise - to any Elvis forum, as I wish to remain anonymous. Are you Lee or Becky over there, by the way? Or maybe TCB-Girl? If you're so sure I'm over at Topix, what i.d. do I post under? And what's yours over there? And when I say "gang", I am referring to anyone and everyone here who chooses to read my threads. You have accused me of doing something and posting something which I did not do. Any proof to back up your claims, btw?

Some people on here, I've heard, "keep out of your way". How does that make you feel? Good or??

Well, I haven't heard that, but now that I have ... it feels fantastic!

So why aren't you behaving like one?

People could say the same about you: "Let's all report Getlo" (you are quite the "talk" on "Topix", I've noticed that you freely run down the people from there, on here, too). Do you think that that is acceptable?

Yes ... especially seeing as people like Colgan, Lee, TCB-Girl etc were the ones to hang crap on me first over there. I wouldn't waste my time actually posting on that little forum. But to observe is fun.

Now, time for your "poor me" spiel. More people will wake up to you, I'm sure they are, already.

Yep, poor me. I'm the victim here. I'll be reporting this post to the mods as soon as I stop typing in here. Thank you, sincerely Jess, for ruining what's been a very pleasant Christmas week so far. Especially seeing as BSmith was the one to call Missy what I assume was the B-word (and I assume that's why he's now banned). It's great to see you brimming with such Christmas spirit.

This may get me a warning or even a permanent ban, but this is one of the most childish, pathetic posts I've ever read here. If you had an issue with me, either PM me or go through the mods.

Merry bloody Christmas! :mad:(n):mad:

cameron
12-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I didn't cry when I heard Elvis passed. I thiink I was in shock for a long time and it was hard for me to accept it. There were plans to take my youngest to see him in concert ; which of course never happened.

Some songs bring tears to my eyes when I hear them. Otherwise, I just try to enjoy the man and his music.
I certainly don't see anything wrong for those that are brought to tears .
As Elvis' songs have always done; sometimes they just speak to what's going on in our own lives and we can relate. IMO, a good cry never hurt anyone and can relieve tension and stress. As long as we don't dwell in sadness too long ...I think it's better to get the emotions out and then get on with our life. No one should ever make fun of the ones with a tender heart .
Those kind of folks made our world tolerable.

MissyM
12-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Sorry Jess, I don't think it's an insult if that person really is one. Yes, I do know what one is. If it looks like a duck and quack like one it probably is one. And calling me the "B" word, well I may be senitive but on a message board, well let's just say I ain't gonna cry over it.
I just don't take message boards THAT seriously. If I ever do, then I'd be gone out of here.
BTW the song that gets to me everytime that Elvis sings, is My Way. That's because I can relate to it, and when he sings it, it seems like he knew it might be his last. That may sound strange but that's what it conveys to me.

Elvistcbkirch
12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Well. I got a warning for using impropriate words, so I'll keep my opinions as straight as possible. Yes, I am a misantrop, but dont mistake me for coldblooded, I just dont make any illusions of mankind, not even Elvis. The world is full of terrible places with teribble people doing terrible things to each other. Still I like being here, and I'm just lucky to live in a quiet place, where I can go and buy some music, bring it home and enjoy listening to it. If Neil Young or Bob Dylan dies tomorrow, I wont cry. Surely, I would feeel it as a great loss for music industry, but cry? No. I'm a grown, up man, and I dont cry for strangers. Like Getlo said, its unhealthy. Best regards

Lisarose
12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I miss him & I do get teary on occasion, at the time of his death, I was terribly saddened. Whereas I usually start crying at the drop of a hat, I didn't cry at his passing, but at the same time, I can't get him out of my mind.

CRITTERGITTER
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I still cry for Elvis. There are times I miss him from the depths of my soul. He was so important to me. He is still important in my life. He is there in good times and bad. As long as I can see or hear him everything will be okay. I know not everyone can understand this. Elvis meant different things to different people. That is another fascinating aspect of Elvis. One man can mean so many different things to so many.

utmom2008
12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Excuse me, but calling someone a "troll" is an insult. You are quick to defend yourself, if called a name (why are you different to everyone else, different rules for you???). Missy may not know, that calling someone a troll is an insult (apologies if you don't, Missy).

Getlo, please stop trying to make these "cliques".

I've noticed this, for ages. Calling people you talk to "the gang". You must be busy with your private emails. I read one of your emails, posted on the site you mentioned, "Topix", whereas you emailed someone. Your email, was then consequently posted publicly on Topix, it was warm and friendly; then you had a go at them publicly, when they disagreed with you. (This is why they posted your private email).

To be frank, haven't you noticed people asking you to tone it down? (I've noticed this comment, by people who had their feelings hurt, addressed to you, more than anyone else). No-one has said: "let's all gang up on .......", only you. Geez!!!! We are adults!

P.S. People could say the same about you: "Let's all report Getlo" (you are quite the "talk" on "Topix", I've noticed that you freely run down the people from there, on here, too). Do you think that that is acceptable?

This place must be your life (trying to squeeze out who you don't like).

With all due respect....I fail to see how Getlo was trying to form a "clique" with his post. :hmm: MissyM has never tried to deliberately insult anyone....so it was waaayyyy out of line for this "BSmith" person to make a below-the-belt remark like that. It was uncalled for..IMO. Does anyone find it odd that all of BSmith's post dissapear? :hmm: I am totally mystified by everyone's defense of a poster who has ONE post, and that ONE post was about as rude as they come...........:hmm::hmm:

utmom2008
12-21-2007, 12:46 PM
As Elvis' songs have always done; sometimes they just speak to what's going on in our own lives and we can relate. IMO, a good cry never hurt anyone and can relieve tension and stress. As long as we don't dwell in sadness too long ...I think it's better to get the emotions out and then get on with our life. No one should ever make fun of the ones with a tender heart .

Very well said Cameron.(y) It must be jolly ole Saint Nick..here we are agreeing again!!!:newyear:;);):xmas:

Miss Clawdy
12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
With all due respect....I fail to see how Getlo was trying to form a "clique" with his post. :hmm: MissyM has never tried to deliberately insult anyone....so it was waaayyyy out of line for this "BSmith" person to make a below-the-belt remark like that. It was uncalled for..IMO. Does anyone find it odd that all of BSmith's post dissapear? :hmm: I am totally mystified by everyone's defense of a poster who has ONE post, and that ONE post was about as rude as they come...........:hmm::hmm:

Same here!!! (y)

presley31
12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
think we should all get back on topic.

nothing wrong with having tears in your eyes over somethings that you see or hear.

elvisia
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Hmm, no, I`m not crying anymore, but I can still feel a little sad sometimes...like on august 16...and I admit, that I`ve cried a thousand tears during my journey though Elvis`s history and music.
When I feelt most sad, was when I began reading a lot of books and I realyzed what his life was all about, then I had a periode when I feelt really sad and was crying for him because of the sad ending to the fairytale.
When I first saw the june 77 concerts...I couldn`t hold back the tears, that was really sad for me to watch, but I enjoy listening to the Elvis in concert cd, because he sang so beautiful right till the end....yes he did(y)

Burning_Love
12-21-2007, 04:49 PM
This was a loving and caring thread from the lovely Danielle (hugs honey).

I am close to tears at times, reading some things, some days.

I think "How would Elvis feel?". He is a strong man, he would see through things.......

Why thank you Jess, Hugs back :hug:

Burning_Love
12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I didn't cry when I heard Elvis passed. I thiink I was in shock for a long time and it was hard for me to accept it. There were plans to take my youngest to see him in concert ; which of course never happened.

Some songs bring tears to my eyes when I hear them. Otherwise, I just try to enjoy the man and his music.

Thanks Cameron, i loved your reply :hug:

Merry
12-22-2007, 01:03 AM

You know, there have been a lot of people, who are new, (and "old") come and go for my reasons stated, and more. With all due respect, you haven't been here long enough to have read the context, of what I'm talking about. Quite a few people, have left, and returned, (as I said, newbies, too, as they didn't appear "knowledgeable enough") as they were asked to not leave. I have always said something when the new poster's feelings have been hurt.

Missy: With all due respect, I disagree with you, too.

You know, the world is really going down the gurgler, generally speaking, people aren't polite, nor teaching their children to have compassion, for others. It is time to say "no". Too often, the polite people don't say anything, as they are polite.

We were broken into the other night, Christmas presents and jewellery taken, the place trashed. Who would take presents from a child? What type of person does that?

Merry
12-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Why thank you Jess, Hugs back :hug:

You are a lovely person, sweetie. A rare gem. A sensitive woman, should be treasured, don't let anyone tell you any different.

Merry Christmas. :xmas::newyear: Hugs,

Kimmi

MissyM
12-22-2007, 04:52 AM
You have every right to disagree with me Jess. I respect a person who stands up for themselves in the way you just did. So hopefully we can agree to disagree and move on. I'm so sorry to hear about the break-in. Such things just make me shake my head in wonder. It is a cruel world sometimes. That makes me cry too. I cry a lot!

Burning_Love
12-22-2007, 01:13 PM
You are a lovely person, sweetie. A rare gem. A sensitive woman, should be treasured, don't let anyone tell you any different.

Merry Christmas. :xmas::newyear: Hugs,

Kimmi

Thank you Kimmi, and i will never listen to those who do ! :D

Sorry to hear about the break-in, it's such a big big shame someone to do that, those are who i will never understand, like you said, from children, why ?

Merry Christmas to you too, :newyear::xmas::newyear:

:hug: x

geordie
12-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly http://www.tcb-world.com/images/styles/santa/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=168688#post168688)

marvelous post mr preistley (y)(y)(y)

ksimms2
12-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Jess, sorry about your break in - that's horrible!! My friend lives in Alabama and they were having a rash of break in's also. Tis the season as they say - I hope your community pulls together and helps you out.....I hope whoever was desperate enough to take your stuff really needed it - because otherwise it's unbearable to think they only did it to be mean and selfish and uncaring..........I hope this won't ruin your and your family's christmas.

utmom2008
12-22-2007, 06:15 PM
With all due respect, you haven't been here long enough to have read the context, of what I'm talking about. Quite a few people, have left, and returned, (as I said, newbies, too, as they didn't appear "knowledgeable enough") as they were asked to not leave. I have always said something when the new poster's feelings have been hurt.

Missy: With all due respect, I disagree with you, too.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that I don't know all the in's-and out's of some of these relationships on this board. Remember please...I started "posting" in October, no longer watching, and I have been filled in on ALOT of background info from some posters that I would call friends. Interesting that you jump to defend a poster that has ONE post, the same post that calls MissyM the "B" word and runs down her side of the family. Why would you not defend MissyM?? IMO.......calling someone a "troll" and replying with a nasty comment about someone's family is not even close to the same thing. I have to agree with something that a mod stated on a different thread...."certain" posters love to find disagreement with other "certain" posters...it's their chance to really get in a few "zingers"....to land a few jabs below the belt. That much is obvious right off the bat....regardless of wether you have been "posting" 3 years, 3 months or 3 days. You certainly don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.....;););)

Sorry for your break-in.....happy holidays.:xmas:

Getlo
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
"certain" posters love to find disagreement with other "certain" posters..

No, they don't. You're wrong! :lmfao:

TCE
12-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I became a fan one day before Elvis died. When I heard his voice it was as if lightning stroke me. Since that day it always felt as if he was a soulmate. I never could explain why and I never understood it myself, but that's the way it just is. It felt as if I lost a relative when Elvis died. Even now there are times that I cry, because I miss him. On the other hand, if I feel lost or sad Elvis always keeps me going with his music and his warm smile on pic's. He's still with us. In our hearts and our minds.

Christel (TCE)

utmom2008
12-22-2007, 07:19 PM
On the other hand, if I feel lost or sad Elvis always keeps me going with his music and his warm smile on pic's. He's still with us. In our hearts and our minds.

Christel (TCE)

Great thought!! (y):notworthy:king:

Getlo
12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I became a fan one day before Elvis died ... It felt as if I lost a relative when Elvis died.

After one day you felt like this?

SweetCaroline
12-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I still cry. I am not a bit ashamed to say so. He was part of my life since I was a little girl. My heart was attached to him in very sentimental ways that are personal to me. When he died my heart was broken. The tears streamed for days. I still miss him. Quite okay to cry when you love and miss someone. If others don't get it...I really don't care.

Merry
12-23-2007, 03:47 AM
[/b]

Don't fool yourself into thinking that I don't know all the in's-and out's of some of these relationships on this board. Remember please...I started "posting" in October, no longer watching, and I have been filled in on ALOT of background info from some posters that I would call friends. Interesting that you jump to defend a poster that has ONE post, the same post that calls MissyM the "B" word and runs down her side of the family. Why would you not defend MissyM?? IMO.......calling someone a "troll" and replying with a nasty comment about someone's family is not even close to the same thing. I have to agree with something that a mod stated on a different thread...."certain" posters love to find disagreement with other "certain" posters...it's their chance to really get in a few "zingers"....to land a few jabs below the belt. That much is obvious right off the bat....regardless of wether you have been "posting" 3 years, 3 months or 3 days. You certainly don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.....;););)

Sorry for your break-in.....happy holidays.:xmas:

I'm not the only one who feels this way Utmom, I've had many people email me, very upset re the constant comments. There are people on other websites, commenting re this subject, too. No, I'm not part of that website, nor any of those people. I am also not the first to say something, there have been many, many comments.

It is obvious who you are mates with, no rocket science needed there, either.

Yes, happy holidays to you, too.

Merry
12-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Jess, sorry about your break in - that's horrible!! My friend lives in Alabama and they were having a rash of break in's also. Tis the season as they say - I hope your community pulls together and helps you out.....I hope whoever was desperate enough to take your stuff really needed it - because otherwise it's unbearable to think they only did it to be mean and selfish and uncaring..........I hope this won't ruin your and your family's christmas.

Thanks for your lovely words, Kelly.

Merry Christmas to you, honey.

Hugs,
Kimmi

Merry
12-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Thank you Kimmi, and i will never listen to those who do ! :D

Sorry to hear about the break-in, it's such a big big shame someone to do that, those are who i will never understand, like you said, from children, why ?

Merry Christmas to you too, :newyear::xmas::newyear:

:hug: x

Thanks, sweetie.

:hug:Hugs ya back! :D

Merry
12-23-2007, 03:56 AM
:D
You have every right to disagree with me Jess. I respect a person who stands up for themselves in the way you just did. So hopefully we can agree to disagree and move on. I'm so sorry to hear about the break-in. Such things just make me shake my head in wonder. It is a cruel world sometimes. That makes me cry too. I cry a lot!

Thanks for your post, Missy. Thanks also, for your good wishes. Yes, it is a cruel world, sometimes, this makes me very, sad, too. We have a lot in common, in that regard.

Wishing you and your family, a lovely Christmas!

I do hope that you all sing many songs, and have lots of fun. :D

Take care,
Kim

cameron
12-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Jess:
I'd just like to say I'm sorry for your break in too.
I've heard of this happening around Christmas before. What a shame.

To get to the topic of this thread ...
I don't think I cry for Elvis so much as I do for his fans.
As I wander around to some of the Elvis sites; I see the bickering and hatefulness of some. I see little cliques forming ;fan against fan.
It's very upsetting and I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to get on an Elvis site. I've seen many sites close down because of it. Can't help but wonder why this happens. I don't believe it was Elvis' intention to cause the jealousies that arise or the smart alec remarks some like to make .
Anyway, I'm not about to judge anyone. We each know our own hearts and intentions.
IMO, all Elvis fans know a little bit about Elvis ; but I've not seen anyone that knows it all. So, my tears are for all fans; may you not give up on your admiration of Elvis . He accomplished a lot in his short life and made a lot of people happy . I can only hope he felt some of the love we had amd still have for him.

presley31
12-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I'am sorry to hear about your break in Jess, such a shame at this time of season or anytime at all.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I still cry. I am not a bit ashamed to say so. He was part of my life since I was a little girl. My heart was attached to him in very sentimental ways that are personal to me. When he died my heart was broken. The tears streamed for days. I still miss him. Quite okay to cry when you love and miss someone. If others don't get it...I really don't care.
I get your post 100% Carole. All of my childhood, teenage years are connected to him. I never think of one without the other. I guess that's one reason I can still get emotional about him if I let myself....his memories are connected to a very happy time in my life..

jak
12-23-2007, 11:22 AM
"It is obvious who you are mates with, no rocket science needed there, either."

Even though this comment was meant to be sarcastic I would be glad to consider Utmom a "mate".She saw Elvis more than most of us and I for one greatly appreciate her comments regarding him.It's refreshing to hear someone who saw him multiple times and can tell the story minus any added fantasy.Utmom is a credit to the board as Im sure many would agree.
Just to stay on topic I was at the kitchen table with my mom and my sister called home from work to see if I had heard about Elvis dying.I didnt cry but I was shellshocked.How could Elvis die?
Jak

presley31
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Even though this comment was meant to be sarcastic I would be glad to consider Utmom a "mate".She saw Elvis more than most of us and I for one greatly appreciate her comments regarding him.It's refreshing to hear someone who saw him multiple times and can tell the story minus any added fantasy.Utmom is a credit to the board as Im sure many would agree.
Just to stay on topic I was at the kitchen table with my mom and my sister called home from work to see if I had heard about Elvis dying.I didnt cry but I was shellshocked.How could Elvis die?
Jak

everyone on here is a credit to this board...

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Jak
Thank you, thank you, thank you Jak.....I appreciate that more than you know. :D:D

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 11:31 AM
You are right Jen.....everyone brings a new dimension.

jak
12-23-2007, 11:32 AM

That's crazy talk;)

presley31
12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
That's crazy talk;)

if we never been to concerts or anything we don't deserve credit to be here?? thats crazy talk.

presley31
12-23-2007, 11:39 AM
You are right Jen.....everyone brings a new dimension.

Thank you, forums are for everyone not just the people that seen elvis in concerts, but a place to come and chat with others fans and find out things about elvis and learn a thing or two.

cameron
12-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Agreed, Jen.
Forums are for everyone that cares to learn more about Elvis.
Discussion is good . Arguments are not. Each person can contribute to what makes a fun place and a time to talk about what interests them the most about Elvis. Be it his music, jumpsuits or whatever.
Respect for him and the posters are foremost at getting along and having a good time. It matters not one bit whether one saw him in conceert or not.
Some are lucky and had the priviledge of seeing him many times.
Some never got that chance. It doesn't take away or add to a persons worth towards being a member of an Elvis site.
It's the spirit one brings and the happiness one feels after sharing with others. That's what Elvis means to me. (y)

Burning_Love
12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Jen, it's not crazy talk, your very right. That, i found, was an unfair comment to us all (not saying utmom isn't a credit) but everyone is.

Thanks for your post Cameron :hug:

SweetCaroline
12-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I get your post 100% Carole. All of my childhood, teenage years are connected to him. I never think of one without the other. I guess that's one reason I can still get emotional about him if I let myself....his memories are connected to a very happy time in my life..

Thanks Rosanne, I know you probably felt much as I did when we lost ELVIS :(... since we both were lucky enough to go to the shows and shared those same joyful times... in our young lifetimes. I don't cry daily. On occassion I feel sad for a few moments...on rarer occassion a song ELVIS is singing will touch a special place in my heart and start the tears.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks Rosanne, I know you probably felt much as I did when we lost ELVIS :(... since we both were lucky enough to go to the shows and shared those same joyful times... in our young lifetimes. I don't cry daily. On occassion I feel sad for a few moments...on rarer occassion a song ELVIS is singing will touch a special place in my heart and start the tears.
Yes Carole, when I read your original post about this I wish I could have copied it and signed my name to it. :D Your sentiments were right on the mark. There are very personal feelings that are attached to those fabulous Las Vegas memories....that's why you and I "clicked" right off the bat. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. :D:D

Getlo
12-23-2007, 05:04 PM
It's very upsetting and I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to get on an Elvis site.

Anyway, I'm not about to judge anyone.

Hmm. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
There are people on other websites, commenting re this subject, too. No, I'm not part of that website, nor any of those people. I am also not the first to say something, there have been many, many comments.

It is obvious who you are mates with, no rocket science needed there, either.

Yes, happy holidays to you, too.

You know of all these comments being made on other boards, yet you are NOT a part of it?? Interesting.....:hmm: Surely you don't think that you are the lone poster that no one else ever complains about??:doh:
These "other boards" must be really dull if they fill their time worrying about what is being said on this board.;)

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 05:24 PM
if we never been to concerts or anything we don't deserve credit to be here?? thats crazy talk.
Jen.....I don't think Jak's comment was a reflection on wether or not a poster had seen Elvis in person. I think his point was just as it said..not everyone is a credit.

presley31
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Jen.....I don't think Jak's comment was a reflection on wether or not a poster had seen Elvis in person. I think his point was just as it said..not everyone is a credit.

Thats fine but some comments are better left unsaid;)

presley31
12-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Jen, it's not crazy talk, your very right. That, i found, was an unfair comment to us all (not saying utmom isn't a credit) but everyone is.

Thanks for your post Cameron :hug:

thank you very much:)

cameron
12-23-2007, 05:45 PM
You know of all these comments being made on other boards, yet you are NOT a part of it?? Interesting.....:hmm: Surely you don't think that you are the lone poster that no one else ever complains about??:doh:
These "other boards" must be really dull if they fill their time worrying about what is being said on this board.;)

Because one of the members here saw fit to discuss some from another site...I finally went to look. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sillly.

There were a few talking about this site and the member that saw fit to bring their names here. I'd never even heard of the other sites until they were mentioned here. But, then I'm fairly out of touch with these things anymore.

BTW: I didn't join any of the other sites either. It's all open, anyone is free to read, same as they are here.

franny
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM

I agree! I don't think jak meant anything by it, sometimes things can be taken in a wrong way, but not meant that way...(y)

franny

Merry
12-23-2007, 06:32 PM

If you read Getlo's posts, or ask him privately, he will tell you, about "Topix".

Merry
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM

On the contrary. Everyone is special. Are you digging at me, again?

Getlo
12-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Because one of the members here saw fit to discuss some from another site...I finally went to look. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sillly.

Are you referring to Topix here?

If you read Getlo's posts, or ask him privately, he will tell you, about "Topix".

Yes, my opinions of that forum are known. And there are posters over there - some on this very thread - who refuse to admit to being on here too.

Everyone is special.

:rolleyes: If everyone is special ... that means no one is.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
On the contrary. Everyone is special. Are you digging at me, again?
What on earth are you talking about???????????????? First off......NO ONE said a thing about "special"..:lol::lol:

Presley31 thought Jak's comment meant that your comments were not welcome unless you had seen Elvis in person...I don't think that's what he meant. Sorry.....but at no time were Jak or I either one thinking of you....;);)

jak
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
My little "crazy talk" comment was just a mild attempt at a little joke.No reason to for anybody to get their feathers ruffled.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
My little "crazy talk" comment was just a mild attempt at a little joke.No reason to for anybody to get their feathers ruffled.
Thanks Jak! (y)(y)(y)

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I bet that's the truth....:D;):D

cameron
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Are you referring to Topix here?

That's the one you mentioned here .
Your "fame" has since spread .
Merry Christmas to you too, ma'm :newyear:

Johnny
12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Funny that members over there, that are also members here, aren't willing to say that they are also members on that forum - do they really spend most of their time talking about TCB World and FECC?

But are these members ashamed to say that they are members of Topix, and if so; why?

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree! sometimes things can be taken in a wrong way, but not meant that way...(y)

franny

You are right...That seems to happen more often than not.;)

Unchained Melody
12-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Too make it simple, no I do not cry. But I do have moments when I am watching something like "Unchained Melody" 6-21-77 and I may tear up every now and then, but I don't sit around and cry. I do think of how sad it was the way he let himself go to waste and die at such a young age when he had so much more to give, and so much more to experience in life. That does depress me.

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Funny that members over there, that are also members here, aren't willing to say that they are also members on that forum - do they really spend most of their time talking about TCB World and FECC?

But are these members ashamed to say that they are members of Topix, and if so; why?
I don't understand any of that.....why is the Elvis "world" so secretive?? :hmm:

Getlo
12-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't understand any of that.....why is the Elvis "world" so secretive?? :hmm:

Haven't you heard? There's a whole "Elvis Underground" out there!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
12-23-2007, 08:30 PM

So true my friend.

Getlo
12-23-2007, 08:32 PM
So true my friend.

True that it "exists", or true in that you agree with my laughter at what I believe has been exaggerated over the years about this supposed undergound activity?

utmom2008
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM

I just made my 1st trip to Topix to take a look around...:hmm::hmm: The overall feeling I came away with was.......they don't do a thing other than run down this board. :lol: It's almost comical...I saw no need to return..

Diane
12-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I did the same Rosanne and came away with the same feeling....no interest in ever going back there(n) I was surprised to think I recognized a couple there though that post here under another name.:P

Diane

presley31
12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't see the big deal who goes to other forums and posts, Topix is the worest but if the people want to chat there well thats there business, now can we can back on topic.

cameron
12-24-2007, 09:15 AM
We'd all be kind of gullible to think no one goes to other sites. Who cares ?
I've seen people use "the same names " and also "different names" on other sites . I can't see that it matters no way or another .

And, yes ......there really is "an Elvis Underground." I've seen it .
So laugh all you want; doesn't change one thing.

Nicole Presley
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Danielle, youīre not the only one that cries because heīs dead. I cry all the time because of it.

And not just because of that. I always have to cry when I watch or read something about his private life. I always get sad when I think that he loved Priscilla but she left him.

I wish I would at least know what really made him die. Sometimes I think itīs because Priscilla broke his heart. Some other time I think itīs because he couldnīt have Lisa around him all the time any more. But no matter what I think of his life or his death, I always get very sad. Thatīs why I like movies where he was in as actor more that movies about his real life.

No matter what I think, everything reminds me of Elvisī sad life and all the sad things that happened in it. No matter what song I hear, that he sang between 1972 and 1977, I always hear out of them that he wasnīt happy. And the I get unhappy, too.

I just sometimes think that I feel myself right into his mind, and when he feels sad somewhere, I get sad too. And whenever I hear about him losing his mother, that makes me cry, too. And whenever I think that he didnīt like the most movies he played in.

But the worst for me is, that I canīt be with him. I just love him too much to come clear with this. I just donīt want to believe that I will never be with him. I just hope that when Iīm dead, I will be with him in heaven. But if I ever find out, that it will never happen, I will cry forever, and will never stop. īcause everything seems lonely without him. And everything seems useless and unreal.

Iīd better stop writing now, because if I write everything thatīs one my mind, I will need a few hours.

:newyear: Merry Christmas everybody!!!

utmom2008
12-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I did the same Rosanne and came away with the same feeling....no interest in ever going back there(n) I was surprised to think I recognized a couple there though that post here under another name.:P

Diane
That caught my eye as well Diane. They seem to have the opinion that everyone here is rude and dicusses awful things..:hmm: I saw a bunch of negative posts. The biggest thread they had seemed to deal with Elvis being a homosexual. (n)

As the mods said earlier.....most threads will work there way back to the original topic, just as conversations do in the real world....;););)

presley31
12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
That caught my eye as well Diane. They seem to have the opinion that everyone here is rude and dicusses awful things..:hmm: I saw a bunch of negative posts. The biggest thread they had seemed to deal with Elvis being a homosexual. (n)

As the mods said earlier.....most threads will work there way back to the original topic, just as conversations do in the real world....;););)

Gay topic has been discussed on this forum to and some of those people on the forum are very nice people.

utmom2008
12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
some of those people on the forum are very nice people.

Maybe so...after 1 hour of lurking I seemed to find 2 at best..;)

Unchained Melody
12-24-2007, 04:46 PM
True that it "exists", or true in that you agree with my laughter at what I believe has been exaggerated over the years about this supposed undergound activity?
I was agreeing with you about the underground activity supposedley existing;).

utmom2008
12-24-2007, 10:16 PM
And, yes ......there really is "an Elvis Underground." I've seen it .
So laugh all you want; doesn't change one thing.

Where did did you see it??????? :supriced::supriced::supriced:

cameron
12-24-2007, 10:40 PM
[/B]

Where did did you see it??????? :supriced::supriced::supriced:

It has existed for over 30 years. In spite of the false asumption they believe the Elvis Alive myth; thats's not true. They push all the trash that you observed on that other site. I understood the woman that started and kept it going so many years had since withdrawn and is now writing a book.
It appears some have started it up again.
I don't think many will like it if they find their way here.

utmom2008
12-24-2007, 11:11 PM
They push all the trash that you observed on that other site.

I still can't comprehend how others on that site think this board is trash..:hmm::hmm:

HarborLights
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I feel anger more so than sadness when I see stuff like that.

I'm 23, I wasn't alive back then. I never knew him. I don't understand it but when I was younger it was Elvis every day, Elvis all the time, Elvis, Elvis Elvis! Now I'm still Elvis this Elvis that--I still love bios about him, photos of him, buy his records, but things pertaining to him online/instores, etc. but the fandom isn't as fevered...and crazy...as it was when I was 18. It's toned down a bit.

And now I can't understand it but I could read something about him and it will make me so mad. For example, I'm overweight, and when I would read about him making fun of Lamar Fike for being fat to the point that he would cry--some people out there might not like Lamar and not care--it just irritates me. Here I am, a fan of someone (with their signature tatooed on my arm) who obviously found joy in making fun of someone overweight...just an example. It's weird. I need to get over it lol because it's stupid. But then again, I'll then read about something cute that he did or how he gave something to someone or did something--like delivering a wheel chair personally to Gary Pepper...and it's like the bad never existed.

I tend to stay away from 1972-1977 because it just angers me. I can't get into his mind and understand why he was so self destructive. I've cried only once and it was the first time I saw the CBS footage because he looks so HORRIBLE. I even get irritated when fans are like "look at these great photos of Elvis from 1977"...that sentence just doesn't read right to me. The man was ill in 77. But then again, I've seen reviews of the Jungle Room sessions of people saying his voice wasn't great or this song sounded bad--and I'm like, in 77, setting up at Graceland was all they could do to get him to sing for a record. He didn't want to. He wasn't well. He wasn't feeling the mood to sing then...but he did. And I think he had a lot of feeling in his voice. And for someone to cut him down and make comments like that--he didn't have to do that tracks. Be thankful you have them...so I dunno. I feel mixed-up and two-faced at times.

I'm at a weird point right now in being a fan of his.

I love him...it's just I think I'm finally seeing that Elvis Presley was in fact...HUMAN. And like all of us, had his moments where he didn't sparkle. He had rough edges. It's like I've had this image of him, and now it's not all true...like a shock.

I dunno...

- Stacy

HarborLights
12-25-2007, 12:31 AM
But just to clarify--I AM A DEVOTED FAN :) Overall the man did so much and has touched so many lives--including my own. His music "came into my life" at a time when I felt completely alone--I was 14 and my family had just lost everything (including pets) to a house fire. I just feel that way (above) SOMETIMES.

- Stacy

Hound dog
12-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Everytime when I saw video or photos from that terrible day...It makeīs a tears in my eyes.
On that day world wept a tear of sorrow :(
So i Mean itīs normal if we are crying......we miss him.

mistymorning
12-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Burning love, You are not alone, I still cry too. Elvis makes me laugh, he makes me smile, his voice soothes me, his music lifts my spirits when I am down, but there are times that I miss him so much that I cry. we aren't the only ones still crying!

Agree with you !Yes there are times when I miss him so much that I cry! to think that elvis is not living in this world really hurts !It,s really a great regret that we can't see his dear face , can't hear him sing or laugh again !
Yes there are movies, records , pics and etc.....(luckily) but nothing and no one can replace elvis alive!

Burning_Love
12-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I love yours Nikki :D and e76, mistymorning.

Now please, no more going off topic, i would appreciate it :D:D

Getlo
12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
And, yes ......there really is "an Elvis Underground." I've seen it . So laugh all you want; doesn't change one thing.

Care to share the story of your underground experience? Who are these people? What is their philosophy? Why are they underground?

presley31
12-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Truthfully, no I don't care to talk about it. This was a few years ago when some of us were looking into all that mess. It was an ugly time in my life .
The first I'd really heard about it {besides rumors} was in a book called True Disbelievers.

True Disbelievers: The Elvis Contagion written by R. Serge Denisoff(deceased) and George Plasketes.
I called George Plesketes and talked to him . He was very nice , but when I questioned him more closely as to where he got his information....all he could say was they just "talked to people."
I am like you in that respect . I wanted more than what I thought he could or would offer .

Here is the website l came accoss, weild stuff

http://www.elvisunderground.org/index2.shtml

presley31
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
stated a new thread about this stuff.

Burning_Love
12-27-2007, 06:18 AM
PLEASE keep to the topic !!!!!!! Thanks for starting a new thread on that Jen :D:D

elvia7
12-20-2008, 03:49 PM
"It's been 30 years since Elvis died.

Do you all get this too ? It's strange, i don't know why i do, i guess i miss him. "
- me too Danielle, me too !!!! It's so hard to explained but I feel to same :'(:supriced:
Don't worry my dear - you just have great hearth and really love our ELVIS!
Danelle, you don't are lonely !!!!! With this... :'(
Hugs - your friend :hug::hug::hug:
Ewa :wub:

cbg84
12-21-2008, 01:11 AM
I was born after he died, but I have cried a couple times.