PDA

View Full Version : my picture vault collection

E.L.V.I.S
08-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Wel guys if you remember i made a posts about my massive task of scanning my entire picture collection.

I have an estimate of the amount i have scanned so far:

3000-4000 film pictures
6000-7000 concert pictures
2500-3000 candids pictures

they may be a little low/high estimate but they are there or about.Each of them ,as they are scans, are the greatest quaility available :clap: .

I have put together a little preview of just a few pictures you can expect to see on my future alternate covers.

Another thing,does anyone have any advice about whats the best picture book? i have alot of them and it would be cool to know what you guys have (y)

P.S. Annie
09-01-2004, 12:46 AM
O, my that is a lot of pictures......well.........I'm not jealous...... :blush:

E.L.V.I.S
09-01-2004, 11:31 AM
:lol: well its thanks to the great photographers for catching the king on camera that we can enjoy such pictures.Its ok scanning all your pictures but it sure takes ages :blink: ,but at least you have reserved your pictures (y)

U.S. Male
09-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Aron, I'll take all of the concert photos, so feel free to email all of them at your convenience :lol:

Congratulations on getting that many, because I know how much time and effort you put in to scanning alot of those photos!

Lonniebealestreet
09-01-2004, 12:06 PM
:supriced: No doubt!

E.L.V.I.S
09-01-2004, 12:09 PM
thanks guys (y) .

yep sure is a hell of alot of work but i think well worth the time.Not only for use on my covers but to preserve them.Anytime i want a great picture in a frame i just get out the disk and print (y) .I would advise everyone to do this,not only is it a good thing to do its also fun browsing your books for pictures (y)

NightRider
09-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Sounds very cool Aron....i must try and do mine one of these days :'( (y)

spinout-designs
09-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Aron, very impressive !

Scanning from photo books isn't always easy, must have been a lot of hard work to scan the large volume you estimated in your first post (and at the same time trying to keep the books in good shape) .........whew !!

Sounds like you are all set for many covers to come (y)

kennyelvis
09-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Thats a fun thing to do Aron :clap: i do it myself from time to time, i have many 100`s fan club magazins from 1980 up til now, there are so many rare pix to find in them, a few weeks ago i found a b/w pix of elvis and a fan taken in vegas september 1974, the fans was at a tom jones show, and they whent backstage to try to talk to mr.jones, but ended up with a talk and pix of the king, So i know how fun that can be.
I also use scans from "The Concert Years" book from Stein Erik Skar, there are so many pix from that serie/book, it was first a serie that was going about 10 years in the norwegen fan club magazin, then as a norwegen book, that ended up with the great english book that many of you know all about.
The best picture book to take scans from would be the 3 BIG Shaver books, they are the greates of all time, it will never be made any other book that have so much QUALITY and rare pictures, they are in a class of there own.
Here you see pictures of the magazin, the Norwegen book, and the backstage at the Tom Jones show pix.

E.L.V.I.S
09-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Sounds very cool Aron....i must try and do mine one of these days :'(
sure would mate (y) at least you know you have each of your picture saved and reserved for future use:clap:

Aron, very impressive !

Scanning from photo books isn't always easy, must have been a lot of hard work to scan the large volume you estimated in your first post (and at the same time trying to keep the books in good shape) .........whew !!

Sounds like you are all set for many covers to come (y)
sure isnt mark :'( .The main thing before you scan a book is to make sure you have it planned out how you are gonna scan it.If you do this it can prevent any damage.I took your advice you posted a while ago mark and sit a box next to my scanner and lay it across the two which is very handy (y) .
Some books are really big and thick but its not that hard really if you use this box idea (y) .I do have some cover in the line so watch this space (y)

Thats a fun thing to do Aron :clap: i do it myself from time to time, i have many 100`s fan club magazins from 1980 up til now, there are so many rare pix to find in them, a few weeks ago i found a b/w pix of elvis and a fan taken in vegas september 1974, the fans was at a tom jones show, and they whent backstage to try to talk to mr.jones, but ended up with a talk and pix of the king, So i know how fun that can be.
I also use scans from "The Concert Years" book from Stein Erik Skar, there are so many pix from that serie/book, it was first a serie that was going about 10 years in the norwegen fan club magazin, then as a norwegen book, that ended up with the great english book that many of you know all about.
The best picture book to take scans from would be the 3 BIG Shaver books, they are the greates of all time, it will never be made any other book that have so much QUALITY and rare pictures, they are in a class of there own.
Here you see pictures of the magazin, the Norwegen book, and the backstage at the Tom Jones show pix
It is ever so much fun.Finding a picture you have never seen on the net and knowing you now have it in a MASSIVE scan :blink: (y) .I havent seen any of those books/magazines kenny :( but sure look cool.One of my faviourte is 'e.p in concert' it has some real beautiful 1970's pictures in.I bow down to all those wonderful photographers :worthy: .

New Jam
09-01-2004, 07:29 PM
That's one nice collection Aron.

(y) (y) (y)

Jeff

E.L.V.I.S
09-01-2004, 09:05 PM
(y) Thanks bro

Paulie1971
09-02-2004, 05:11 AM
Big compliments on your tremendous effort! Scanning all those photo's ... phewww ... how long did it take you? Great job! Enjoy the scans!

E.L.V.I.S
09-02-2004, 05:13 AM
:hmm: days upon days of time and effort :'( but worth every scan.At least i have my picture collection backed up on cd's now which is very cool to know.I am enjoying all these pictures,i use to struggle with pictures for my covers but dont think i ever will again :lol: ,thanks for th enice comments paulie1971 (y)

buttonhead
09-02-2004, 09:11 AM
for a very young fan of elvis, your collections is impressive, did you 'inherit' the pix from your parents, aron ?

E.L.V.I.S
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
sure did my dad whos a massive fan.His been collecting since 1976 so the collection has grew and grew.I aint inherited it as such yet but i do get to look at what ever i like.However i do own my own little things which come from saving pocket money or just presents.However its not my dads or mine collection as such its our collection,and thats much cooler then collecting on your own (h) (y)

Paulie1971
09-02-2004, 01:09 PM
That is just great, father & son enjoying the same hobby! I hope you will both do so for a long time to come!

P.S. Annie
09-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Yes that is great, maby your dad wants to join the board (y)

boogie
09-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Great job man, nice collection, keep on doing the work :clap: :clap:

Paulie1971
09-03-2004, 07:17 AM
I wonder, does your dad check out the board? Is he still active in the Elvisfield?

E.L.V.I.S
09-03-2004, 08:33 AM
yep he does occasionaly pop in and check the board.However he isnt a member.He is a still very active fan,we go to all the elvis events,elvis record shops and maybe one day graceland :'( .

Paulie1971
09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
That is so cool, a dad that shares your hobby and interests! You are a lucky guy! I do hope you realize your dream to visit Graceland together. Best wishes from Holland (y)

E.L.V.I.S
09-03-2004, 11:05 AM
(y) thanks mate,much appreciated :clap:

Paulie1971
09-03-2004, 11:16 AM
You're welcome!

buttonhead
09-03-2004, 01:00 PM
yep he does occasionaly pop in and check the board.However he isnt a member.He is a still very active fan,we go to all the elvis events,elvis record shops and maybe one day graceland :'( .

Gee, you're so lucky Aron, about graceland..yeah i wanted it so bad too i dreamed of it, but i will go probably next year on november,see how much money i 've save by then (h)

E.L.V.I.S
09-03-2004, 01:12 PM
i also will be going more or likely next year (y) :clap: :wiggle:

Elvis42
09-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Aron,
Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy LOL..Sounds like you are accumulating quite a picture collection. Lots of work. Great to hear that you and your dad enjoy Elvis....that doesn't happen very often. Keep up all the good work.
J.C.

E.L.V.I.S
09-03-2004, 01:16 PM
thanks j.c. mate it is very cool to be able to sit down and have long converstions about elvis (y) .I also though have a very close friend (a girl :blush: (h) ) whos also a massive elvis fan.So basically im surrounded by elvis fans in my life plus make tons of friends at elvis events which is cool.

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 06:24 AM
i thought it would be great to share with you a few more pictures i have in my collection.The first two are my faviourtes out the lot.These are all from my original scans.These to are from two original photos i own.Hope you enjoy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/E.L.V.I.S/pictureone.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/E.L.V.I.S/picture2.gif

buttonhead
09-05-2004, 08:40 AM
never seen the pix before, nice collections you got there ,Aron.
do you know when they took the pictures ?

Paulie1971
09-05-2004, 08:55 AM
I assume one of them is taken at Graceland in 1972 ... just teasing you buttonhead, I am sorry I couldn't resist :blush:

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 09:00 AM
:lol: yep the second is from 1972.As for the photographers and actual dates i cant be sure.The second photo just had 1972 signed on the back.The other had nothing,no mention of photographer or date :'( .They sure are cool though to see in photo quaility (y)

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 09:22 AM
more pictures :D .

this one is scanned from a book and is my faviourte picture of the red port hole suit (y)

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b2e0802bd5.gif

this one is of the today suit as is a scan of an original photo i own :clap: ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b2e89d7af3.gif

this one is another scan of an original photo i own of the black phoneix suit (y) ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b2ed39ada8.gif

here are three great scans i have from a book of elvis' mug shots from 1956?

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b2f10e4526.gif

hope you enjoy,more soon (y) ...

P.S. Annie
09-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Great pix, really love the one from the phoenix suit and the mug shot's (y)

buttonhead
09-05-2004, 09:52 AM
whewww..i eat my heart out ..:) what a pix of jumpsuit, maybe you could share more with all of us here...dont be cruel..send MORE.. :P (y) :)
I know its from 1972, which month...date.. :blink:

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 10:23 AM
ok you want more you got it ;) (y) ...

maybe the greatest picture of the black herringbone suit from '69 ? who knows but this is such a cool picture (h) ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3bb80ae3c.gif

this one just beams off power! our man is sure looking mean.This picture is maybe the original photo i treasure the most as its such a great one :clap: ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3bfd459e4.gif

maybe you've seen this one but bet never so BIG :blink: .The scan to this is so massive :supriced: which is very very cool (h) ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3c664fc96.gif

this one is just :blink: fantastic.This one is a scan from the book but do have a original photo but its got kinda ruint over the years and was un-scanable :'( ,but i found it in a book so still have a massive scan :clap:

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3cbd1f440.gif

now this one is yet another original photo i own :wiggle: .Very cool picture of elvis isnt it? i love it :clap:

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3d32f1ad7.gif

hope you enjoy these pictures guys (y) and thanks for the kind posts about my collection :clap: ...

Cherokee
09-05-2004, 10:30 AM
ok you want more you got it ;) (y) ...

maybe the greatest picture of the black herringbone suit from '69 ? who knows but this is such a cool picture (h) ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3bb80ae3c.gif

this one just beams off power! our man is sure looking mean.This picture is maybe the original photo i treasure the most as its such a great one :clap: ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3bfd459e4.gif

maybe you've seen this one but bet never so BIG :blink: .The scan to this is so massive :supriced: which is very very cool (h) ...

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3c664fc96.gif

this one is just :blink: fantastic.This one is a scan from the book but do have a original photo but its got kinda ruint over the years and was un-scanable :'( ,but i found it in a book so still have a massive scan :clap:

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3cbd1f440.gif

now this one is yet another original photo i own :wiggle: .Very cool picture of elvis isnt it? i love it :clap:

http://www.tcb-world.com/picserver/uploads/5413b3d32f1ad7.gif

hope you enjoy these pictures guys (y) and thanks for the kind posts about my collection :clap: ...

I don't see any massive scans :blink: Just little teeny tiny pix the size of a stamp :hmm: (Must be even worse if your screen resolution is 1024x768:rolleyes:)

But I bet they're fantastic pix, E.L.V.I.S.! Enjoy them! ;)

buttonhead
09-05-2004, 10:33 AM
they are fantastic...too bad its not biggie ones :'( thanks for sharing them Aron :)

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 10:34 AM
@ cherokee:you mad? :lol: for me to upload the scans it would take,oh lets say FIVE DAYS :lol: .Therefore thought i would just send in little sizes just to share with people my photo collection.Plus i would share them in the original scan size but i plan on using them on my covers so :P .For those who enjoy them more coming soon (y)

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 10:36 AM
thanks buttonhead,glad you like 'em.I didnt intend to post the scans just to give little previews of what i have scanned so thought i should do so here (y) ,again thanks :clap:

buttonhead
09-05-2004, 10:38 AM
no.1 pic :black herringbone is one of the best outfit , maybe back then elvis was slender..:)

no.2 pic:
Looking mean ? naahh, he loves to joke around , just kidding, yep he looks mean, i like it .

no.3 pic:

is that picture from his houston concert in 1970s ?:hmm:

no.4 pic:

somebody give him a pillow..

no.5 pic:
Yah, this one cool,..he surely caught in the trap.

thats all what i have to say about that. :worthy:

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 10:41 AM
again buttonhead im glad you like them :wiggle:(y) :worthy: :clap:

Cherokee
09-05-2004, 10:49 AM
@ cherokee:you mad? :lol: for me to upload the scans it would take,oh lets say FIVE DAYS :lol: .Therefore thought i would just send in little sizes just to share with people my photo collection.Plus i would share them in the original scan size but i plan on using them on my covers so :P .For those who enjoy them more coming soon (y)

Nah, not mad: curious :P I've gotta try and find my binoculars now, for these here ole eyes of mine can't take it no more ;) :P

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 11:11 AM
you do that or maybe if there too small for your here ole eyes you shouldnt bother :D (y) .I just thought i would upload a few previews to show you guys more of what i have in my picture collection.YES! i could upload them and posts full size versions but dont have time :( ,but if you really want your here ole eyes to see bigger versions they should be on some of my future covers :D (y)

BTW anybody who has a picture request i will add a small picture here (y)

Paulie1971
09-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks for sharing E.L.V.I.S. (y)

@buttonhead: hope you didn't take offense to my remark about the pic and the date, it was just an attempt at humour, I couldn't resist!

E.L.V.I.S
09-05-2004, 12:55 PM
no trouble paulie (y) .

buttonhead
09-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for sharing E.L.V.I.S. (y)

@buttonhead: hope you didn't take offense to my remark about the pic and the date, it was just an attempt at humour, I couldn't resist!

No, not at all Paulie, i am a goofball myself too :lol: :lol: so...dont worry about that, i like your joke :P :lol:

Paulie1971
09-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Pffff ... I am relieved (y)

Thanks guys

P.S. Annie
09-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Great pix, thanks for sharing (y)

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Is this a nice way to share pix :'(

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 02:11 AM
another 5 goodis

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 02:13 AM
the last 5 for now :mad:

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 02:39 AM
Or is this the way we should share the goodis we got (h)
This is the greatest site we have, let`s keep it that way, share what you have or dont do it at all.

Cherokee
09-07-2004, 02:59 AM
Or is this the way we should share the goodis we got (h)
This is the greatest site we have, let`s keep it that way, share what you have or dont do it at all.

Kenny :wub: ;) :clap: (y)

P.S. Annie
09-07-2004, 03:36 AM
So size those matter............. :P :D

Cherokee
09-07-2004, 03:41 AM

Ooooooh, that Annie! ;)

Bada bing, bada boom! :lmfao: :P

P.S. Annie
09-07-2004, 03:47 AM
It sure does matter in my line of business :blink: :lol:

Your line of business........... :P

Just kidding, know what you mean (y)

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
You are so right about this Ron "thumps i can find anywhere on the net"
So why make more :'(
Here are a few good ones, just for the people at this board.

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 04:03 AM
A few more i like to share

P.S. Annie
09-07-2004, 04:15 AM
great pix Kenny, thanks for sharing (y)

P.S. Annie
09-07-2004, 04:18 AM
A few months ago my PC mysteriously disappeared from my home, witch mend loosing about 15.000 Elvis pictures on my hard disc, all found on the net from the last five years. But luckily thanks to people like you i don?t have to worry about that. (y)

Sounds like a nightmare, dont wanna think about loosing pics and music. I try to back up once in a while. But this time my computer crashed and the back up is not working that well, so I have to do a lot of music loading :blink:

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 04:45 AM
It sure is a pitty what happend to your pc Ron, but dident you have the pictures on disc`s ?

kennyelvis
09-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Well, let`s hope people are willing to share what they have in there collection, then you will have them all back again :worthy:
I will put the pictures i have posted today in the jumpsuit section on this site :!: so they are where they should be :P

buttonhead
09-07-2004, 07:50 PM

I think so for some people :P..these are such wonderful pics,kenny,..mmm can i print all of them ? and add them to my collections ? thanks in advance.

spinout-designs
09-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Nice one Kenny, big is beautiful as they say :supriced: :lol:

I have a request, any chance of you sharing the photos in this series full sized ?

http://www.tcb-world.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4861&stc=1

Thanks ! (y)

kennyelvis
09-08-2004, 08:33 AM
March 11th 1974.

spinout-designs
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Too cool (h) , thanks Kenny, very nice of you.

Lonniebealestreet
09-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Wow! I hadn't checked in on this thread in some time apparently, and I've been missing quite a bit!

Thanks to Aron and Kenny for sharing your impressive collections with us.

Aron, regarding your offer to entertain requests, how about some offstage photos from Elvis's final year(s)?

BTW...

It sure does matter in my line of business :blink: :lol:

Your line of business........... :P

Just kidding, know what you mean (y)
Yeah, it's a Mafia thing. Annie, you do know something about that, don't you? :'( Sorry about that. It's not personal; it's business. ;) Seriously, you'll regain your status (again) before too long. :D

P.S. Annie
09-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Seriously, you'll regain your status (again) before too long. :D

Thanks for your convidence Bobby ;)

Lonniebealestreet
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM
U bent welkom. ;)

P.S. Annie
09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
U bent welkom. ;)

I'm speechless :supriced: :D

Lonniebealestreet
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Ha, Ha! I'd houd van u te laten twee op werkelijk wordt indruk gemaakt op met me gaan, maar ik kan een leugen vertellen niet. I'm gebruikend deze grote vertalerswebsite. Het is een zeer handig hulpmiddel. U kunt van het op de hoogte zijn. Als niet, controleer het.

Alta Vista - Babel Fish Translation (http://world.altavista.com/tr)

My Spanish is decent, but that's about it! :lol:

buttonhead
09-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Ha, Ha! I'd houd van u te laten twee op werkelijk wordt indruk gemaakt op met me gaan, maar ik kan een leugen vertellen niet. I'm gebruikend deze grote vertalerswebsite. Het is een zeer handig hulpmiddel. U kunt van het op de hoogte zijn. Als niet, controleer het.

those are dutch spreken Lonnie , arent they ? :D

P.S. Annie
09-09-2004, 01:51 PM

:laughing:

That are indeed Dutch words and sometimes even a good sentence :clap: Thanks for the effort, maybe I should use it to then I don't need to use my dictionary anymore. ;)

Lonniebealestreet
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I wondered how well it generated proper sentences. :hmm:

Anyway, it can be a useful tool--like when trying to impress your friends from other countries! ;) Just don't let them in on your secret. :doh:

P.S. Annie
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Here a translation of a perfectly Dutch sentence into English:

I had been already aroused curiosity how the senses were translated.

:hmm:

buttonhead
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
I wondered how well it generated proper sentences. :hmm:

Anyway, it can be a useful tool--like when trying to impress your friends from other countries! ;) Just don't let them in on your secret. :doh:

You impressed alot people here ..except is that when you said 'spanish' i was kind of mmm thinking since those are all in dutch.. but lonnie thats a good try
(y) really :)

Lonniebealestreet
09-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Here a translation of a perfectly Dutch sentence into English:

I had been already aroused curiosity how the senses were translated.

:hmm:
:hmm:, indeed.

You impressed alot people here ..except is that when you said 'spanish' i was kind of mmm thinking since those are all in dutch.. but lonnie thats a good try
really
Glad to hear it. Just to be sure you understood what I meant, I was just trying to convey that I cannot speak Dutch at all, and my only familiarity with any language besides English is a moderate understanding of Spanish.

So anyway, Aron, any more pics? :D