PDA

View Full Version : media and fans

fandom
12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
how do you think the media characterises Elvis fans? or fans in general?

Joe Car
12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I think the media characterises EP fans as ridiculously obsessive, borderlining on creepy if you will.

Diane
12-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Yup, I think they think we are all "Elvis freaks" as in "Jesus freaks" and some of us are.;)

Diane

marijaep
12-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Yup, I think they think we are all "Elvis freaks" as in "Jesus freaks" and some of us are.;)

Diane

lol, yes...

But, you know, the media always does that...They are ready to write anything to attract the public eye.

cibetty
12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
lol, yes...

But, you know, the media always does that...They are ready to write anything to attract the public eye.
You are right Marija, I agree with you. (y) (y) That what is media about... They always have to write or show something what attract the public. And they sometimes forget about the real things, the deeper feelings which are very important, I think. They just try to influence the public and they often successful.

Lion
12-11-2007, 03:20 AM
The media love to take out the most weird Elvis-fans, the most strange ones, preferably the ones that try to look like Elvis as well... The rest of the world have this idea that Elvis-fans are very often weird guys...

Same with Elvis - they love to emphasize the eating-habits, the odd things he did, - BUT it has improved the last years, when again he is much talked about as the ARTIST he was, and his generosity, which I think is great.

Getlo
12-11-2007, 04:23 AM
There would be absolutely no point in the media publishing stories about "normal" fans.

It is the freaks'n'geeks that make the good stories.

Lonniebealestreet
12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Any time an Elvis fan gathering is covered in America, you always see the token really bad impersonator, if you'll pardon the redundancy, and some blue-haired old ladies...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'd hate to offend our resident blue-hairs. Thank goodness they can't read this size font.