PDA

View Full Version : Fearfull or No Fear kind of guy.

MissyM
12-09-2007, 05:00 AM
I've always been perplexed about this part of Elvis. In some ways, he seemed to be cautious and other ways defiant of the dangers of the world. In the same type of contrast he seemed to be confident, almost egotistical and yet insecure. I know we are all probably like that to some extent, but in Elvis, the contrasts seem great. Your thoughts???

Rover
12-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Good question...I think when he was young he felt too safe (because of his money maybe), and he sort of missed the feeling of unsecurity that every teenager wants to feel, that's why he played dangerous games :)
Later, when he got older, he had became used to feeling safe, and was afraid something could happen to him, I don't know if it's the same for everybody but sometimes it seems to me Elvis was a bit paranoid.
It would explain why you are perplexe about this question, I think Elvis was first the no-fear sort of person, and then fearful later in his life (maybe he changed when he lost his mother, or when his marriage failed...)

Getlo
12-09-2007, 08:36 AM
sometimes it seems to me Elvis was a bit paranoid.

Understatement of the year! (y)

LianaKaralivanou
12-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I think that Elvis was always insecure but he tried hard not to show it. But as his fame was growing bigger and bigger his insecurities increased as well.

MissyM
12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
He sure seemed to like to live on the edge, so to speak.

Joe Car
12-10-2007, 03:31 AM
He was fearless when it came to highspeeds, playing rough and tumble sports like football, karate, getting on the latest roller-coaster. I know one fear that I read about, was ever owing the goverment money for taxes, and thus for a long time, was one of, if not, the highest taxpayer in the U.S. He did not want to get ruined, which happened to Joe Louis, who owed the goverment millions of dollars in back taxes.

Diane
12-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Another fear I think he had from the nervousness he displayed each time he had to go on stage was a fear of disappointing his fans.

Diane

elvislady
12-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I think he had a fear of losing people around him because he needed them.
I also think he wore his heart on his sleeve and told it like it was.
elvislady:xmas:

poormansgold
12-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Elvis have fear that when He die he won't going in heaven, That's most those Spirtial books in his bedroom and on Lisa marie (Plane), another fear was flying In Early days, All us have some kins Fears, Some us like To keep our self.
My biggest fear is Water , anothers ones I had handle To point., few you know me
knew that I got speech problem, there people out there have Fear someone like me.
I live with it 47 years with it.
I'm no t good with works or writing.
Tom