PDA

View Full Version : Elvis.

Burning_Love
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Hiya Gang. I havn't posted anything in aggeeesss ! Soo though i would tell you this.

I went to my grandads house yesterday and he is one of the biggest Elvis fans i know. His house is covered in Elvis, rare things he has collected. He has LP's, each about 5 times, Dvds, again each about twice, figurines, everything...every alternate take, the 1977 concerts on cd/dvd...Wow i was truly amazed..and he has a whole Elvis room.
In this room he has 2 turn tables with surround sound, with speakers and cd players too...and he has a huge cardboard cut-out of Elvis in the Gold lame.

Everything in this room is Elvis.
Anyway, i shew him one of my videos and it had the song 'Angel' in it and he said that he loves that song and the way Elvis sings it.
So he invites me upstairs to listen to an alternate takes of Elvis singing this. He then puts the CD in, and there are four speakers...And i could not believe my ears. It was like as if Elvis was in the room. In the speaker to my right was his voice, and the music in the speaker to my left. Amazing. Wow ! The sound quality, Elvis' voice, how people take it for granted i do not know. He has the voice of an angel, a beautiful beautiful voice. And even my grandad loves the way he sings that version.
He then played the original version and his voice is blended in the background.
But i must say this particular take on my grandads stereo system sounded amazing.

So anyway, i want you to take just one moment listening to Elvis sing. And think about how we are true fans of one of the most talented men ever.

We love you E :hug:

x
x

marijaep
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Wow! :D
Well Danielle, you should go and see your grandad more often :D
It sounds like heaven to me...ah.....:blush:
You lucky girl...:clap::hug:
Yes, I was listening to Rags To Riches few days ago and...WHAT A VOICE!
Thanks for your nice story Danielle :hug: good to see you here.

Burning_Love
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi Marija,
Glad you liked it ! Yay !

I know, i wish i could see my grandad more too. He gave me an Elvis on Tour Dvd with outtakes and he gave me a Cd which is Gold ! Limited edition. Aww bless him.

But thanks for your reply :blush:
:hug:

marijaep
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Marija,
Glad you liked it ! Yay !

I know, i wish i could see my grandad more too. He gave me an Elvis on Tour Dvd with outtakes and he gave me a Cd which is Gold ! Limited edition. Aww bless him.

But thanks for your reply :blush:
:hug:

Awwww, lovely :hug:
:hug: Missed you on here :'(

Burning_Love
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Missed you too :hug::hug:

Hehe :blush:

Aww i miss being here with all my TCB friends, i just dont have much time for anything nowadays :(

x

marijaep
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Missed you too :hug::hug:

Hehe :blush:

Aww i miss being here with all my TCB friends, i just dont have much time for anything nowadays :(

x

I know what you mean. This week i will not be bombarded by tests (finally) and I will be able to post more :D But, next week is gonna be hell :'(

:hug: Hope you'll have more time soon :hug: Woohooo holidays are coming :clap:

malc07
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
WOW Danielle :clap:Can I come with ya the next time you go visit him.(y)(y).He sounds Amazing !!!!:clap:
I have put surround sound system on my computer ..so each friday when the show is on I just melt..Its soo perfect..Thanks for sharing that experience with us..yr grandpa sure sounds MY KINDA BUDDY !!!:king:(y)

:hug::hug::hug:soo good to see ya back too !!!:hug::hug:

LianaKaralivanou
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Well. Danielle, give me the address of your grandads house. I want to tell him something...he,he.

geordie
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
LOVELY STORY DANEILLE(y)

presley31
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow.. great stuff, thanks for sharing your story.

Burning_Love
12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone thanks for your replies.

Well his address iss ...

Number 4..

Pfffft ! Hehe :P

But i am lucky to have him to talk about Elvis :D

SleepyJack
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
That sure sounds like one great Grandfather to have!.....You are very lucky.It`s happened me several times that hearing Elvis on a different sound system to the what you are used to can be amazing....it can be like hearing some songs for the first time.

Rover
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Great story! Makes me want to buy a good stereo system :P
You're soo lucky to have a whole family of fans!

Burning_Love
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Your right Pauline, I am and i am very grateful for it.

But i have a lot of Friends to talk to about it..

YOU !! :D:D

Merry
12-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Hiya Gang. I havn't posted anything in aggeeesss ! Soo though i would tell you this.

I went to my grandads house yesterday and he is one of the biggest Elvis fans i know. His house is covered in Elvis, rare things he has collected. He has LP's, each about 5 times, Dvds, again each about twice, figurines, everything...every alternate take, the 1977 concerts on cd/dvd...Wow i was truly amazed..and he has a whole Elvis room.
In this room he has 2 turn tables with surround sound, with speakers and cd players too...and he has a huge cardboard cut-out of Elvis in the Gold lame.

Everything in this room is Elvis.
Anyway, i shew him one of my videos and it had the song 'Angel' in it and he said that he loves that song and the way Elvis sings it.
So he invites me upstairs to listen to an alternate takes of Elvis singing this. He then puts the CD in, and there are four speakers...And i could not believe my ears. It was like as if Elvis was in the room. In the speaker to my right was his voice, and the music in the speaker to my left. Amazing. Wow ! The sound quality, Elvis' voice, how people take it for granted i do not know. He has the voice of an angel, a beautiful beautiful voice. And even my grandad loves the way he sings that version.
He then played the original version and his voice is blended in the background.
But i must say this particular take on my grandads stereo system sounded amazing.

So anyway, i want you to take just one moment listening to Elvis sing. And think about how we are true fans of one of the most talented men ever.

We love you E :hug:

x
x

Thank you for the lovely post, Danielle.

This is what we should be talking about, it's about the music, and Elvis' incredible talent, as a singer.

I too, feel that Elvis' voice is amazing, and yes, his voice is my favourite voice, of all time.

Your posts are always lovely.

Yes, I love you, Elvis. :hug:

Kimmi

xxxxxxxx

Diane
12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
That is a wonderful story Danielle. We have plans to have a music room or corner in our next place and outfit it with a good sound system. Maybe our kids and grandkids will enjoy it too. :)

Diane

Burning_Love
12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Thank you Kimmi, your ohh soo sweet :hug::hug:

And Diane, it will be amazing, truly will blow you away. And your children and grand-children too :D