PDA

View Full Version : 15 of Elvis Num 1 hits on dvd

elvislady
11-30-2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.elvisthemusic.com/ecards/1performances/
elvislady:D

Johnny
11-30-2007, 04:06 AM
'Interesting' site - though no info on other available versions; such as the red cover version - and even the european version that has the 30 #1 hits cover, but still has a whopping 30 tracks on the dvd.

Nota bene on Amazon US "the first press conference from 1960 is normally 45+ minutes in length, on this DVD you get just over 2 minutes of it and that is poorly edited!" and "The New York Madison Square Garden Press conference 1972 normally runs 20+ minutes, but on this DVD, you only get just over 6 minutes" ....sigh

elvislady
11-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks for this bit of info jth.
elvislady:D

ksimms2
11-30-2007, 07:25 AM
so do you not recommend this? I was going to buy it for a secret santa person on one of my elvis sites....but our spending limit is $10. Here in Florida - at Wal Mart - it's right around that price.....thought I would get it for this lady...

Johnny
11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
No problem, it was my pleasure.

I just wish I had known about the press conferences not being the full video before I bought the dvd; I'll just have to enjoy the music footage then even more, when I unwrap the disc after 25 days :D

Therefore I have no idea whether I would recommend it :blush: - then again, I think it's an essential dvd in any Elvis fan's collection; just like I wouldn't recommend the "Elvis lives 25th Anniversary DVD" to anyone (I think the music is just too soft on that dvd and to those of us that didn't see Elvis in concert nor these "post-Elvis concert" the footage just doesn't give the feeling of being there - besides all the musical arrangements are different), but it's still an essential dvd, at least in my opinion ;)

presley31
11-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the information about this DVD, maybe l might pass on this one.