PDA

View Full Version : Elvis sighting

Nicole Presley
11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
A few years ago my mother showed me some pictures of Elvis. Some pictures people said they have made it after his death. Does anyone of you know where I can find this pictures? If anyone finds them can you please post them here? :notworthy

Stryx
11-28-2007, 03:49 AM
The National Enqurier took pictures of Elvis in his casket through a cousin at Elvis's funeral.

Those are the last pictures of Elvis.

You can see plenty of pictures of people who dress up like Elvis.

If you're looking for proof Elvis didn't die then your a lost cause already.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Some pictures people said they have made it after his death. Does anyone of you know where I can find this pictures?

The Twilight Zone? ;)

cameron
11-28-2007, 04:58 AM
A few years ago my mother showed me some pictures of Elvis. Some pictures people said they have made it after his death. Does anyone of you know where I can find this pictures? If anyone finds them can you please post them here? :notworthy

Almost every one of those "pictures" has been proven to be fake.
Though we didn't have photo-shop then as today; there were ways to "doctor" a picture.
Ignore the sarcastic ones. You have every right to look for yourself.

BTW: Even the "casket picture " has been proven to be fake.;)

Getlo
11-28-2007, 05:08 AM

You are wrong.

The casket picture is real: it was taken by a distant cousin (Billy Mann) and sold to the National Enquirer. It had to be touched up slightly for publication, but if you are suggesting it was an out-and-out fake ... you are wrong.

A proper version of the pic appeared inside the magazine.

To this day, the issue featuring the photo is the biggest-seller in Enquirer history.

And I suppose it's too much for you to provide your source for the information that it was a fake? ;)

Getlo
11-28-2007, 05:17 AM

And the ones that haven't been proven so are fakes anyway.

The man is dead, as we all know.

Sadly.

jak
11-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Getlo is correct.The casket photo is authentic.I didnt know anybody ever questioned it's authenticity.
Jak

cameron
11-28-2007, 05:36 AM
I showed the one that asked politely .
To others that choose to not look and be rude, I owe no explanation.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 05:37 AM
I showed the one that asked politely .
To others that choose to not look and be rude, I owe no explanation.

Because you have none.

The casket picture is real. You are providing misleading and erroneous information to Nicole.

Meanwhile, here's one of the pics that may be of interest to her ...

cameron
11-28-2007, 05:50 AM
You are mistaken ,Getlo. As in many things you say.
I just let people judge for themselves and don't inflict my opinions on anyone.
That picture you posted is a fake too, IMO.
I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone.
I've had quite enough of that .

Getlo
11-28-2007, 06:07 AM
You are mistaken ,Getlo. As in many things you say.

Um, no actually. Every factual post I put up can be, has been, and will continue to be proven correct (until updated information comes along, of course). I'd be interested if you could place a link for everyone to see of any post where I was mistaken.

That picture you posted is a fake too, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong (:lol:) but did you not say in an earlier post that "Even the 'casket picture' has been proven to be fake." You must have; they were your exact words. But now it's just your opinion about its authenticity.

Interesting turn of events; or were you referring to that second pic I put up, which is obviously not Elvis?

Nicole, you can rest assured the casket picture is indeed of Elvis Presley - and any photo taken of him after that is absolutely, 100% guaranteed to be of someone else, or an outright fake. :D

Donut
11-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Because you have none.

The casket picture is real. You are providing misleading and erroneous information to Nicole.

Meanwhile, here's one of the pics that may be of interest to her ...

I think you wanted to post this one. The beak shows better in mine.

Stryx
11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Though we didn't have photo-shop then as today; there were ways to "doctor" a picture.
Ignore the sarcastic ones. You have every right to look for yourself.

Really?

Pray show how the casket picture is a fake?

Maybe the poster should ignore the uninformed posters instead of the sarcastic ones

jak
11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Really?

Maybe the poster should ignore the uniformed posters instead of the sarcastic ones

I too would like to know why some think the casket photo is a fake.That's new to me.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 07:01 AM
the only thing I've heard about the casket photo was how the photo had to be touched up - or shaded in or something. Not that it's a fake. The only fake part I've heard is where people were saying that was not him in the casket.

Nicole, you believe what you want to believe no matter what any of us say. I will just recommend you reading, "Inside Graceland" by Nancy Rooks who was a maid there for many years before Elvis passed away and years after. That is the best book I've ever read and she tells it to make you feel you are right there experiencing everything with her......good luck!

marijaep
11-28-2007, 07:02 AM
I too would like to know why some think the casket photo is a fake.That's new to me.

I believe it's because they think that Elvis's face on the casket photo doesn't look as bloated as it looked in 1977 :hmm: But I guess it's because the sideburns are gone :blink:

Anyway, the picture looks relevant to me ;)

jak
11-28-2007, 07:10 AM
I believe it's because they think that Elvis's face on the casket photo doesn't look as bloated as it looked in 1977 :hmm: But I guess it's because the sideburns are gone :blink:

Anyway, the picture looks relevant to me ;)

Youre probably right.I've heard many people say it didnt look like him in the casket.I think his image was just burned into everyones mind they just couldnt picture him like that.
Jak

Diane
11-28-2007, 07:33 AM
I never questioned the photo of Elvis in his casket, maybe I should have but it looked like him to me. People who are embalmed don't retain a bloated look and it made him look younger as he would have looked if he hadn't been so sick.

I also never subscribed to the theory that he was still alive nor that he took his own life.

Diane

cameron
11-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Really?

Maybe the poster should ignore the uniformed posters instead of the sarcastic ones

I'd advise ignoring both the uninformed and the sarcastic ones ;
most of which are the same. ;)

cameron
11-28-2007, 08:03 AM
the only thing I've heard about the casket photo was how the photo had to be touched up - or shaded in or something. Not that it's a fake. The only fake part I've heard is where people were saying that was not him in the casket.

Nicole, you believe what you want to believe no matter what any of us say. I will just recommend you reading, "Inside Graceland" by Nancy Rooks who was a maid there for many years before Elvis passed away and years after. That is the best book I've ever read and she tells it to make you feel you are right there experiencing everything with her......good luck!

You are closer to the truth ,ksimms.

And , to others; I never said Elvis was alive; only that the casket picture was a fake.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 08:09 AM
And , to others; I never said Elvis was alive; only that the casket picture was a fake.

And you are wrong. (n)

But, if you have "proof" it was fake (after all, you said it had been proven a fake) then please share it with us all.

presley31
11-28-2007, 08:16 AM

yep l agree

cameron
11-28-2007, 08:16 AM
I choose to not share anything with you thanks Getlo.
I was talking to someone that was interested and asking questions.

You can go and on, it doesn't bother me. :P

Getlo
11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I choose to not share anything with you thanks Getlo. You can go and on, it doesn't bother me. :P

Yeah, I'm thinking it kinda does ...

You said the casket photo was proven to be fake ... then, you refuse to show where you got this info. Finally, you say it was only your opinion that the photo was fake. ;)

If Nicole's interest lies in this subject, the least people can do is give her correct information. (y)

presley31
11-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Its on the internet about the photo being a fake, but l can't remember where l seen that statement.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Its on the internet about the photo being a fake, but l can't remember where l seen that statement.

The internet also lists "proven" sightings of Big Foot .. but that don't make it so!

The casket picture is real, and it is of Elvis.

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 08:33 AM

I say again...the casket photo from August 17, 1977 isn't fake and neither is the one that appeared on the front of the NE.....

(I posted the photos that I have of the actual casket pic and a couple of others but they didn't show up...:hmm:)

presley31
11-28-2007, 08:37 AM
The internet also lists "proven" sightings of Big Foot .. but that don't make it so!

The casket picture is real, and it is of Elvis.

I never said the pic was a fake. l know **************** well thats elvis.
I was just stating that it on the internet about it not being elvis, which is not true.

cameron
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I say again...the casket photo from August 17, 1977 isn't fake and neither is the one that appeared on the front of the NE.....

(I posted the photos that I have of the actual casket pic and a couple of others but they didn't show up...:hmm:)

You're wrong, Tony. But, not worth arguing about it.
I think you've been on a site that showed quite differently.

The picture was supposed to be Elvis.It just didn't turn out.
Does not say Elvis is alive; only that isn't a real picture.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM

oh yes Tony, I remember you posted them on Elviscrawler too.....remember I pm'd you because they weren't showing up? and you sent them to me? That was the first time I'd ever seen them.....thanks again by the way! ;)

Stryx
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I'd advise ignoring both the uninformed and the sarcastic ones ;
most of which are the same. ;)

Stiop being so childish and answer the question.

Or build a bridge and get over it.

cameron
11-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Stiop being so childish and answer the question.

Or build a bridge and get over it.

Back off !!

Getlo
11-28-2007, 10:09 AM
You're wrong, Tony. But, not worth arguing about it. The picture was supposed to be Elvis.It just didn't turn out.
Does not say Elvis is alive; only that isn't a real picture.

YOU are wrong. Mistaken, In error. Misguided. In possession of erroneous infromation. And spreading more myths and lies into the Elvis world.

The pic on the front cover was touched up only because the original was of poor quality and didn't show Elvis properly. The basic detail of the photo was retouched to show the subject (ie Elvis) that was already there ... not to fake it outright.

The pic inside the magazine was of better quality and shows Elvis in his coffin. The Enquirer picture is not a fake.

It is a real picture. A real picture of Elvis Presley.

Accept it.

And this is worth arguing about when absolute truth is at stake.

But if the photo has been proven to be fake, as you said ... :lmfao:

cameron
11-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't show you a thing Getlo. You know it all. :lmfao:

Tony does know because he was on a few sites that posted the truth about that picture. It's also written about in something besides a tabloid . :)
I don't get my info from tabloids.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Getlo. You know it all. :lmfao:

That's the most accurate thing you've ever posted here! :lmfao:

Tony does know because he was on a few sites that posted the truth about that picture.

I hate to speak for TT, but I'm sure he knows the photo is indeed real.

Better still:

So, if you don't get your info from tabloids ... once again I will ask in the vain hope that a real reply will be forthcoming ;) ... please share where you got the info that the casket photo was proven fake.

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Tony does know because he was on a few sites that posted the truth about that picture. It's also written about in something besides a tabloid . :)

Then where exactly does your information come from? Because it's incorrect, my friend.

The photo is real...it's not fake...someone is supplying you or has supplied you with incorrect or false information...

I shall no longer post in this thread...

cameron
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I read what Tony said.
I'm not telling you a thing, Getlo . In the first place, I wasn't talking to you.
Since you choose to be rude to everyone; find it yourself. :P
I gave the info to a few that asked .

You take every thread off topic. Not everyone cares to make everything about themselves. :blink:

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I read what Tony said.
I'm not telling you a thing, Getlo . In the first place, I wasn't talking to you.

You take every thread off topic. Not everyone cares to make everything about themselves. :blink:

You probably read it but the information that you have supplied so far has been incorrect and non-factual information.

n-gageboy
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Even the "casket picture " has been proven to be fake.;)

Well.. in a point, you are right. The picture was redone and they varied Elvis a bit. A lot of people said, that it wasn't even Elvis lying there, because he looked like the 60s Elvis.. I have the untouched Foto taken by the National Enquirer somewhere on my computer.. I'll try to find this one and post it then..

Greetings!!

presley31
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Well.. in a point, you are right. The picture was redone and they varied Elvis a bit. A lot of people said, that it wasn't even Elvis lying there, because he looked like the 60s Elvis.. I have the untouched Foto taken by the National Enquirer somewhere on my computer.. I'll try to find this one and post it then..

Greetings!!

Wouldn`t mind seeing the pic when you find it.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I read what Tony said.

And yet you misquoted him completely.

One can't find something that doesn't exist.

So why not share it with us all if you have info the casket pic was faked? Why let us continue believing something if you in fact think it's not true?

You take every thread off topic.

The thread was about pics of Elvis after death. The casket pic surely falls into that category. You suggested first that it was fake; no one else here did.

n-gageboy
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Okay.. just found it.. I got it from this forum some time ago...

Getlo
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Okay, so what this shows is that the photo was touched up for publication.

Before someone here gets too excited, it does not show the picture was actually faked.

Thank you, n-gageboy.

presley31
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM

Thanks alot

cameron
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
You probably read it but the information that you have supplied so far has been incorrect and non-factual information.
:hmm:Not like the tabloids , huh? That post all the Elvis Alive stories??

I'll leave you alone, Tony. I thought it was you on other sites, perhaps not.

cameron
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes, Tony posted that on other forims too.
Not so long ago. Thanks, (y)

Miss Clawdy
11-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I read what Tony said.

Getlo wasn't rude to no one, he just asked you to share your info about the casket foto being a fake,
unfortunatelly in vain. I would also be interested to know who the man in the pic is, if it is not Elvis.
Why do you say it's a fake and then you refuse to tell...the truth?

cameron
11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Getlo wasn't rude to no one, he just asked you to share your info about the casket foto being a fake,
unfortunatelly in vain. I would also be interested to know who the man in the pic is, if it is not Elvis.
Why do you say it's a fake and then you refuse to tell...the truth?

Unfortunately, Getlo appears rude to everyone IMO. ;)

I never said it was intended to be anyone but Elvis.
It's just not a picture, but a drawing.
I sent it to the one that asked and a few others.

Miss Clawdy
11-28-2007, 11:47 AM
There was another thread here - Elvis in his Coffin - here's the link.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=13811&highlight=Casket

Cameron maybe you are talking about this article?:

cameron
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM

Yes, that was the beginning I read. From there I went to others involved at the time. The people I talked to were great and very co-operative.
Good for you on finding that small article anyway. (y)
Anything else, you'd need to contact the ones that were there .

MojoElvis
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
The editor of the photo of Elvis in the casket already revealed before he died that, the photo of the casket is real but not the Elvis part of it. He said them photos came out too dark and he had to do some tricks with the photos they had of Elvis to look like he was dead. That's why the nose is wrong.
Some had tried to steal the negatives and he they were saying, all they would've gotten were some really dark photos.
This was a thread I read on here regarding that photo.

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
:hmm:Not like the tabloids , huh? That post all the Elvis Alive stories??

I'll leave you alone, Tony. I thought it was you on other sites, perhaps not.

Nope, wasn't me...but that doesn't mean we can't have a healthy discussion 'bout this subject...

BINGO! I think we've found the source of this info 'bout the "fake" picture...the "drawing" discussed in that article is actually what appeared in the NE on page 23 if I'm not mistaken....

cameron
11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
The editor of the photo of Elvis in the casket already revealed before he died that, the photo of the casket is real but not the Elvis part of it. He said them photos came out too dark and he had to do some tricks with the photos they had of Elvis to look like he was dead. That's why the nose is wrong.
Some had tried to steal the negatives and he they were saying, all they would've gotten were some really dark photos.
This was a thread I read on here regarding that photo.

Yes, it was on other sites a few years ago. It's what caused me to look into that claim further . It was just another part of the Elvis Story to me.
Gotta go TCB on sites I'm supposed to be at. ;)

cameron
11-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Really supposed to be some place else .;)

Just wanted to show you guys the picture that drawing reminded me of.
See ya later.(y)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/tan77.jpg

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Really supposed to be some place else .;)

Just wanted to show you guys the picture that drawing reminded me of.
See ya later.(y)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/tan77.jpg

good point Cameron. Now you guys have me rethinking this whole thing. If that article is correct - but how come nobody who was at the funeral has ever come out and said "that isn't elvis in that photo?"....know what I mean? If that person was just guessing when he pencilled Elvis in.......

Miss Clawdy
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, that was the beginning I read. From there I went to others involved at the time. The people I talked to were great and very co-operative.
Good for you on finding that small article anyway. (y)
Anything else, you'd need to contact the ones that were there .

The ones that were where? At the NE?

Stryx
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Back off !!

No need for your aggression.

Either back up a statement or don't make it.

elvis himselvis
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
people forget that dead people change when they are dead.
Elvis was bloated and when he was dead he wasn't bloated anymore and he lookes much younger.Maybe he wasn't that bloated because his stomach was empty,but I know people are looking much younger when they died,so did Elvis.
But I was wondering about it for a while,and now you were talking about it,what did they do with his sideburns?Did they cut them?

Stryx
11-28-2007, 05:12 PM
It's a load of rubbish about the photo.

A cousin took the photo of Elvis for that rag and they published it.....so what if it had to be touched it. It's a real picture and not a fake.

I have never seen such conjecture and rumour mongering over a topic that is so simple. The picture was taken, it may have been touched it, deal with it.

Some people need to admit when they are wrong.

And brush up on their knowledge of Elvis.

Bill Belew designed some great Elvis suits. Of course Bernard Lansky had nothing to with that. But everyone knew that already.

:lmfao:

cameron
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Stryx :

Go find someone else to bother. It's you and a few others that make up your own stories and will face nothing except what you think .
It might be a good time to grow up, ya think? :P
Something called "Edge of Reality "

Getlo
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately, Getlo appears rude to everyone IMO. ;)

Not everyone, my dear. :lol:

The editor of the photo of Elvis in the casket already revealed before he died that, the photo of the casket is real but not the Elvis part of it.

Please post your source for this information.

elvis himselvis
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
The photo of Elvis is real,it only has been retouched for the NE.
But N-gage boy already posted that picture where you can see how the photo looked the way it was and how Elvis really looked.

Stryx
11-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Stryx :

Go find someone else to bother. It's you and a few others that make up your own stories and will face nothing except what you think .
It might be a good time to grow up, ya think? :P
Something called "Edge of Reality "

What story have I made up?

Don't IM me. I don't have any inclination to reply to you.

Defend your claims.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM

None that I can see in this thread ...

elvis himselvis
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
On the photo I don't see his long sideburns,where were they?

presley31
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM

Good point l don't see any sideburns either:hmm:

Getlo
11-29-2007, 09:28 AM

I've been waiting for 24 hours for someone to mention that, ever since someone else mentioned that his sideburns are "missing". I wanted to see if anyone else went with the tangent.

They sideburns are not "missing".

Clearly, the edge of the casket has obscured them.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
The editor of the photo of Elvis in the casket already revealed before he died that, the photo of the casket is real but not the Elvis part of it.

Even the "casket picture " has been proven to be fake.;)

Still anxious to see any of this info ...

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I've been waiting for 24 hours for someone to mention that, ever since someone else mentioned that his sideburns are "missing". I wanted to see if anyone else went with the tangent.

Exactly. The sideburns are there...they're just not visible due to the "pall" (white part) of the casket obscuring them from view.

Ditto.

cameron
11-29-2007, 09:52 AM

Don't IM me. I don't have any inclination to reply to you.

Defend your claims.

It's what the rules of this site are. Take your personal problems off the threads. I've tried to do it . You and others refuse .
When you run everyone off a site, there will be no one to put down.
Much like children do. ;)

My claims have been shown; you and others just refuse to see anything except your point of view.
It's why the same old myths and stories go on.

jak
11-29-2007, 09:55 AM
"My claims have been shown; you and others just refuse to see anything except your point of view.
It's why the same old myths and stories go on"

Any chance that could apply to you also?

presley31
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Any chance of you people stop bricking with eachtogther, no wonder more people don't want to post cause of this crap

Getlo
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
My claims have been shown; you and others just refuse to see anything except your point of view.

I'll accept anything that is backed up with an actual source ... or even a thread about how someone came to a particular conclusion ... but not when posters - mainly yourself - say things like "the casket picture has been proven a fake" then refuse to even indicate where this wrong information came from! :mad:

And no one can be run off an internet forum. It is not a physical world, no one gets forced out. If people run away, that's their problem, no one else's.

Your claims have not been "shown" at all. :mad:(n):mad:

cameron
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I never run away from a good, intelligent fight.;)
I visit Elvis sites for pleasure. This is no longer pleasure
.It's become childish, when anything said is attacked by some that have no idea what they're talking about .

I salute the kind souls that are here. (y)
There are many; but a few bad apples can spoil anything.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I never run away from a good, intelligent fight.;)

So please show us where and how you know the casket picture was proven fake ...

Nashville Highway
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
If I remember correctly, I think Larry Geller had to put one of the sideburns back on because it had fallen off.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
If I remember correctly, I think Larry Geller had to put one of the sideburns back on because it had fallen off.

I'm no doctor, nor do I have much knowledge of the world of the mortician ... but how exactly would a sideburn fall off? ;)

Nashville Highway
11-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm no doctor, nor do I have much knowledge of the world of the mortician ... but how exactly would a sideburn fall off? ;)

From what I remember, the sideburns were not real. The real sideburns being shaved during the autopsy.

presley31
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
From what I remember, the sideburns were not real. The real sideburns being shaved during the autopsy.

I didn't know that:hmm:

Welcome too.

Rhinestone
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM

This article came from a news site, in the letters to the editor. I found that about 4 years ago while searching for info about the NE photo. I have a hard copy of the article somewhere in a file. That was written by someone who worked with Mr. Stephens for 5 years at the Nat'l Inquirer. I consider this to be credible information. The cover of the 25th Commemorative magazine shows what I believe to be a re-touch of the orginal drawing of Elvis.

Someone asked why no one who was at the funeral never said that the NE picture wasn't right. A few did in their own way. In the book, Elvis: His Love Of Gospel Music and J D Sumner, J D describes what he saw, and it's a far cry from what the NE photo looked like. In fact, he said it should have been a closed coffin viewing. Also, it's interesting to read the article Caroline Kennedy wrote for the Rolling Stone magazine. It's been awhile since I read that but I'm certain that she said his sideburns reached his chin among other things.

Advice for the newcomers to Elvis world: Don't rely on these boards or what anyone tells you for the absolute truth. They may help steer you in the right direction for answers, but if there's something you sincerely want to find answers for, you need to do it on your own. Never accept what one source tells you. I've talked with many authors about their sources and research and most are very happy to share. You may find yourself researching many topics in your search. It's fun and a great learning experience.

MojoElvis
11-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Getlo is Ghetto

I almost don't want to post my source, cause your such an *** to everyone on here.
You don't simply share information, you try to make people sound stupid for making mistakes or just posting something you have no clue about.

SleepyJack
11-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Right this minute I don`t think I`ve ever felt more sorry for Elvis Presley.Thirty years after his death and people have little better to discuss than him in his coffin and the cold horrible details of it all,like some bloody extra from CSI.How about we leave all this crap to the national inquirer and instead maybe,oh,I don`t know...celebrate his life and music....like fans.

Diane
11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds good to me! (y)(y)

Diane

SleepyJack
11-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks Diane.

Rhinestone
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Right this minute I don`t think I`ve ever felt more sorry for Elvis Presley.Thirty years after his death and people have little better to discuss than him in his coffin and the cold horrible details of it all,like some bloody extra from CSI.How about we leave all this crap to the national inquirer and instead maybe,oh,I don`t know...celebrate his life and music....like fans.

Did you feel sorry for Elvis while those discussions about his personal hygiene, speculations about his love life, drug addiction, etc. were going on? I did.

marijaep
11-29-2007, 02:15 PM

Yeah, it was me who said that the sideburns were gone :hmm: Guess i was wrong then :D

cameron
11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
This article came from a news site, in the letters to the editor. I found that about 4 years ago while searching for info about the NE photo. I have a hard copy of the article somewhere in a file. That was written by someone who worked with Mr. Stephens for 5 years at the Nat'l Inquirer. I consider this to be credible information. The cover of the 25th Commemorative magazine shows what I believe to be a re-touch of the orginal drawing of Elvis.

Someone asked why no one who was at the funeral never said that the NE picture wasn't right. A few did in their own way. In the book, Elvis: His Love Of Gospel Music and J D Sumner, J D describes what he saw, and it's a far cry from what the NE photo looked like. In fact, he said it should have been a closed coffin viewing. Also, it's interesting to read the article Caroline Kennedy wrote for the Rolling Stone magazine. It's been awhile since I read that but I'm certain that she said his sideburns reached his chin among other things.

Advice for the newcomers to Elvis world: Don't rely on these boards or what anyone tells you for the absolute truth. They may help steer you in the right direction for answers, but if there's something you sincerely want to find answers for, you need to do it on your own. Never accept what one source tells you. I've talked with many authors about their sources and research and most are very happy to share. You may find yourself researching many topics in your search. It's fun and a great learning experience.

Amen, Rhinestone (y)

No one's said it better .:notworthy

rocknroll
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Getlo is Ghetto

I almost don't want to post my source, cause your such an *** to everyone on here.
You don't simply share information, you try to make people sound stupid for making mistakes or just posting something you have no clue about.

Name calling? Isn't this agains the rules?

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

cameron
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I think the original Getlo was a dog .:P ??

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM

little off topic aren't you(n)(n)

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:30 PM

I agree jack(y)(y)

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
The National Enqurier took pictures of Elvis in his casket through a cousin at Elvis's funeral.

Those are the last pictures of Elvis.

You can see plenty of pictures of people who dress up like Elvis.

The National Enquirer came out with a "coffee-table" type book a few years back and needless to say that was their most prized possesion. And, as stated earlier, it is the biggest seller of all time. The only question that people wanted to know for years was who took it? In time, that was revealed as well;) The coffin picture is VERY real!!:notworthy:king:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:42 PM
But I guess it's because the sideburns are gone :blink:

Actually, the sideburns are there, you just don't see them in the photo. Charlie Hodge and Larry Geller have both told of covering the gray hair in the sideburns with a tube of black mascara;):supriced:;)

marijaep
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually, the sideburns are there, you just don't see them in the photo. Charlie Hodge and Larry Geller have both told of covering the gray hair in the sideburns with a tube of black mascara;):supriced:;)

Yeah, I know :doh: I posted saying that I was wrong not a long time ago :D Thanks for correcting me though! ;)
I've heard that story too :blink::hmm:

rocknroll
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
little off topic aren't you(n)(n)

No ma'am.:D

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

But Cameron, that pic is talked about in 99% of the books about Elvis. NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT THE PIC IS NOT REAL If it was fake don't you think someone would have mentioned it by now, 30 years later??? :hmm::hmm:

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
But Cameron, that pic is talked about in 99% of the books about Elvis. NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT THE PIC IS NOT REAL If it was fake don't you think someone would have mentioned it by now, 30 years later??? :hmm::hmm:

There are people that are saying that pic is a fake on the internet. Just have to laugh when you see things like that though.

jatta-tcb
11-29-2007, 02:54 PM

I really have to agree to this..and just because I am a newbie here in the Elvis World...
I have read many topics here and many arguements..but I have never wanted to put my nose to them...because I don't know which is right and which is wrong. and who tell the truth and the false stories. But I'm keep on reading and wondering.. (y)
ok..this was off topic.. :hmm: I just wanted to open my mouth at least...:)

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I really have to agree to this..and just because I am a newbie here in the Elvis World...
I have read many topics here and many arguements..but I have never wanted to put my nose to them...because I don't know which is right and which is wrong. and who tell the truth and the false stories. But I'm keep on reading and wondering.. (y)
ok..this was off topic.. :hmm: I just wanted to open my mouth at least...:)

well said yadee(y)(y)

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Getlo is Ghetto

Yes, it is againts the rules....

(And no, I'm not speaking for the Mods)

Back to the subject, please??

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:11 PM
I guess I'm blind, but I can't really see what it was they touched up about the picture. :hmm::hmm:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
That is correct Nashville(y) Larry Geller and Charlie Hodge had to basically glue one of them back on, and then they used mascara to cover up the gray.....:notworthy

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I guess I'm blind, but I can't really see what it was they touched up about the picture. :hmm::hmm:

The little wisp of hair and the chin and upper lip and right nostril is what they tried to touch up...at least from looking at the NE pic that is what it appears to me to be what they've done....

That is correct Nashville(y) Larry Geller and Charlie Hodge had to basically glue one of them back on, and then they used mascara to cover up the gray.....:notworthy

Glue one of them back on? That kinda falls in line with the "wax body" theory...which I definitely don't subscribe to....

cameron
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM

That picture isn't talked about in any books I read.
Only saw a lot about that in the tabloids .
What are you reading?:hmm:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
There are people that are saying that pic is a fake on the internet. Just have to laugh when you see things like that though.

I agree with you Jen, but then that means that we are supposed to laugh at Cameron, right??:hmm: The early point on all of this was that Cameron said the picture was a fake, that was the discussion, not what people out there on the internet are saying. I wanted to know why people on this TCB board are saying it is fake;):doh:

Dekethecreep
11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Heres some photos i found

Shortly after Meditation Gardens was opened to the public (31 December 1977)..., Mike Joseph took his family there while on vacation. While there, they snapped a few pictures. After returning home and developing the film..., Mike noticed someone sitting inside the doorway of Graceland out by the swimming pool. After blowing this picture up and examining..., it was discovered that the person in the picture looked very much like Elvis.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/dekethecreep/poolhousephoto_color_sml.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/dekethecreep/poolhouse_doorway.jpg

A photograph taken on 23 September 1984 clearly shows Mohammed Ali, Jesse Jackson and what appears to be Elvis Presley in between. When Mohammed had been shown the picture and asked to identify the man in the middle of it, he said:" This is my friend Elvis ". Five years later, the picture was shown to Elvis's stepbrother, Bill Stanley, whose answer was identical to Mohammed Ali's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/dekethecreep/ali_picture.jpg
Heres a vid i found also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUtpm0hooU

presley31
11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree with you Jen, but then that means that we are supposed to laugh at Cameron, right??:hmm: The early point on all of this was that Cameron said the picture was a fake, that was the discussion, not what people out there on the internet are saying. I wanted to know why people on this TCB board are saying it is fake;):doh:

no not laugh at cameron, maybe he got his own opinions about the pic, but l just laugh at the nutters on the internet that say that pic was a fake.

thehillbillycat
I know alot about photos and how a photo can be altered. As for the famous Elvis in the Coffin or Elvis in the Casket picture. The photo is not a fake at all. I have a first generation of the photo in my collection that comes from the actual negative. There is many programs that you can buy online that will prove that photos are fake and have been combined with two or more photos. The casket photo only has been brighten up some. Some says that the original photo was a little dark. Yes, it is a little dark but you can still see everything just as you can in the brighten up one. Photos have appeared in in several Elvis books. Even some years ago it even appeared at Graceland right by the last photos of Elvis alive. So if the coffin photo is a fake then why would it be shown at Graceland and told who took it? I want someone to explain that one for us. For those who are wondering, my friend took several photos at Graceland some years back. The photo is seen hanging by the last photo of Elvis alive.

cameron
Yes, it is againts the rules....

(And no, I'm not speaking for the Mods)

Back to the subject, please??

Calling names is against the rules. But some do it all the time and get away with it.{In The } Ghetto is an Elvis song. Nothing bad like I've ben called .

{Yes, you are speaking for the mods}

What IS the subject? :P

cameron
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Now where did this come from? Not me or Larry Geller.

presley31
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Don't remember reading that in any books about elvis sunburns falling off

cameron
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Shortly after Meditation Gardens was opened to the public (31 December 1977)..., Mike Joseph took his family there while on vacation. While there, they snapped a few pictures. After returning home and developing the film..., Mike noticed someone sitting inside the doorway of Graceland out by the swimming pool. After blowing this picture up and examining..., it was discovered that the person in the picture looked very much like Elvis.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/dekethecreep/poolhousephoto_color_sml.jpg

A photograph taken on 23 September 1984 clearly shows Mohammed Ali, Jesse Jackson and what appears to be Elvis Presley in between. When Mohammed had been shown the picture and asked to identify the man in the middle of it, he said:" This is my friend Elvis ". Five years later, the picture was shown to Elvis's stepbrother, Bill Stanley, whose answer was identical to Mohammed Ali's.

Heres a vid i found also

Well, thank you. You seem to be the only one on topic.

The second picture with Ali is said to be a fake' By the man that was in it.
Larry Kolb. I've never found an answer to that pool house picture .
No doubt we will eventually. Thanks again...(y)

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM

Heres a vid i found also

The second picture is Muhammed Ali's agent, Larry Cole...it's not Elvis...this has been covered here before. Larry appeared in the Bill Bixby television special, to tell the truth about the photo.

And the first picture definitely ain't Elvis....

We're stepping into "Is Elvis Alive?" territory here and sorta getting away from the original topic....

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
What are you reading?:hmm:
For starters..it's mentioned on page 423 of "Down At The End of Lonely Street". It goes on to say that cameras were passed out to alot of Elvis insiders by the NE. I'll find the other passages as well. There is another story on how he had told Kathy Westmoreland that he would look good in his coffin, she admits that he does even though the pic did not seem to..................

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't remember reading that in any books about elvis sunburns falling off
Read "Elvis" by Albert Goldman. You will read all about it............

cameron
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Feel free to laugh at me all you want. I enjoy a good laugh from here occasionally mysellf.
It is my informed opinion, that the coffin picture is fake. ;)
You're free to believe what you want.

The topic is pictures of Elvis taken after 1977 though.
The only one {besides the coffin one} I've not been able to explain is the pool house picture . Perhaps, it was his spirit. (y)

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
The little wisp of hair and the chin and upper lip and right nostril is what they tried to touch up...at least from looking at the NE pic that is what it appears to me to be what they've done....

Glue one of them back on? That kinda falls in line with the "wax body" theory...which I definitely don't subscribe to....
Again.......Goldman's book...............

presley31
11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Feel free to laugh at me all you want. I enjoy a good laugh from here occasionally mysellf.
You're free to believe what you want.

The topic is pictures of Elvis taken after 1977 though.
The only one {besides the coffin one} I've not been able to explain is the pool house picture . Perhaps, it was his spirit. (y)

Cameron l wouldn't laugh at you if your right or wrong, thats a bit rude in my eyes.

cameron
11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
The second picture is Muhammed Ali's agent, Larry Cole...it's not"Is Elvis Alive" Elvis...this has been covered here before. Larry appeared in the Bill Bixby television special, to tell the truth about the photo.

And the first picture definitely ain't Elvis....

We're stepping into "Is Elvis Alive?" territory here and sorta getting away from the original topic....
The name is Larry Kolb . I know because others besides myself talked to him about this picture. He writes a good book, if you like spys.

The topic began was ;Pictures of Elvis After 1977.

cameron
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Read "Elvis" by Albert Goldman. You will read all about it............

Oh my, Goldman??

According to Larry in his book page 321 where he laughs about someone saying "I pasted his sideburn on." Not so, according to Larry.

Larry does bring up the "fake " will Billy Smith alluded to though.
So, who's right ? We'll never know, will we?? ;)

cameron
11-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Cameron l wouldn't laugh at you if your right or wrong, thats a bit rude in my eyes.

I know, it's ok. It is a bit rude; but I've done the same occasionally.
Sometimes, I have the last laugh; sometimes not.(y)

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Now where did this come from? Not me or Larry Geller.
It comes courtesy of Albert Goldman. There is a video on youtube where Larry Geller abd Charlie Hodge both are talking about doing his hair. The same video where they talk about the morticians pulling the sheet back to start applying makeup. Charlie and Larry both yelled out "don't do that while we are here"..........:'(:'(

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
:lol::lol::lol: This "laughing" comment got started after you said we should just laugh at all the people that say that the photo is a fake.;);) So....I said we would have to laugh at Cameron because she is the one on here that said the photo was a fake. It was all a little "tongue in cheek".....;);):D

cameron
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
It comes courtesy of Albert Goldman. There is a video on youtube where Larry Geller abd Charlie Hodge both are talking about doing his hair. The same video where they talk about the morticians pulling the sheet back to start applying makeup. Charlie and Larry both yelled out "don't do that while we are here"..........:'(:'(

Yes, they did his hair, but no mention of pasting on his sideburn.
At least in his book; Larry denies that .
Yes, that would be pretty shocking to see the autopsy scar for them.

The first autopsy I tried to watch; I walked out. I kept seeing this cute little old lady instead of "detaching."
Would be hard to "detach " when it's someone you love. :'(

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh my, Goldman??

According to Larry in his book page 321 where he laughs about someone saying "I pasted his sideburn on." Not so, according to Larry.

Larry does bring up the "fake " will Billy Smith alluded to though.
So, who's right ? We'll never know, will we?? ;)
It seems like the only consistent story on the sideburns is the story of them using mascara to dye the gray. Charlie Hodge mentions that he made sure to "fluff" Elvis' hair, that he knew he would want it "fluffed" a certain way. No..we will never know alot of things 100%. Some of those things you would think would be a very clear black or white, but that won't ever be the case I guess. Just as I have never understood why there was a mix-up on wether or not Joe tried mouth-to-mouth. He either did, or he didn't. :hmm::hmm:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, they did his hair, but no mention of pasting on his sideburn.
At least in his book; Larry denies that .
Yes, that would be pretty shocking to see the autopsy scar for them.

The first autopsy I tried to watch; I walked out. I kept seeing this cute little old lady instead of "detaching."
Would be hard to "detach " when it's someone you love. :'(
I agree....that would be terrible. Just reading the gruesome details about the autopsy in Goldman's book was very upsetting and bothersome to me. Like you said......it is hard to "detach".

Stryx
11-29-2007, 04:59 PM

Heres a vid i found also

lol

Elvis is dead.

And if he did fake his death......give him enough credit not to hang around Graceland when the meditation garden opened to the public and not to be in public with Ali.

Are people so stupid that they believe these things?

The man's dead.

He also wasn't one to go out in public with Ali in life.....let alone if he faked his death!

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
lol

Elvis is dead.

And if he did fake his death......give him enough credit not to hang around Graceland when the meditation garden opened to the public and not to be in public with Ali.

The man's dead.

He also wasn't one to go out in oublic with Ali in life.....let alone if he faked his death!
:lol::lol: The white guy in the middle doesn't look any more like Elvis than the black guy does..IMO. :lmfao: I agree...how could anyone with an ounce of sanity actually believe junk like that??? :hmm:

presley31
11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree....that would be terrible. Just reading the gruesome details about the autopsy in Goldman's book was very upsetting and bothersome to me. Like you said......it is hard to "detach".

Not my kind of book to read(n)

presley31
11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
:lol::lol: The white guy in the middle doesn't look any more like Elvis than the black guy does..IMO. :lmfao: I agree...how could anyone with an ounce of sanity actually believe junk like that??? :hmm:

Everyone entilted to believe what they want:hmm:

MojoElvis
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM

Heres a vid i found also

Bill Bixby already exposed who that man was. He looked nothing like Elvis when he came out on the stage to be interviewed by Bill.

presley31
11-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Bill Bixby already exposed who that man was. He looked nothing like Elvis when he came out on the stage to be interviewed by Bill.

I can't see how people would believe that second pic was elvis, looks nothing like him, but to each is there own l guess

cameron
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
lol

Elvis is dead.

The man's dead.

He also wasn't one to go out in oublic with Ali in life.....let alone if he faked his death!

No one here said he wasn't dead . The person that showed those pictures did more than most of us to "stay on topic."

Elvis did go out "in public "with Ali in life.
Look it up :P

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Do you know people that think that Elvis is still alive?? :hmm:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
No one here said he wasn't dead . The person that showed those pictures did more than most of us to "stay on topic."

I think we progressed from actual pictures of Elvis, then on to "fake" dead pictures of Elvis and are now moving on to "is Elvis alive" stories:notworthy:king:

cameron
11-29-2007, 05:45 PM

No, he didn't look like Elvis on Bill Bixby's show. But, I DO have a print {of young Elvis} that looks like Larry Kolb.
When I saw that picture ,I laughed too. I saw a tape of Ali at the hospital when this was taken. He did look like a young Elvis.

I just went a little further and talked to the man. He was very nice.

presley31
11-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Do you know people that think that Elvis is still alive?? :hmm:

nope my friends don't like elvis but there a couple people on this forum that believed elvis was alive.

cameron
11-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I think we progressed from actual pictures of Elvis, then on to "fake" dead pictures of Elvis and are now moving on to "is Elvis alive" stories:notworthy:king:

Sorry, didn't know we could change topics .
I don't talk about Elvis Alive.. I know several people that believe he's alive.
I just don't laugh at them. They're entitled to their belief. IMO.

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry, didn't know we could change topics .
I don't talk about Elvis Alive.. I know several people that believe he's alive.
I just don't laugh at them. They're entitled to their belief. IMO.
If you read back through these posts, that's where the comments took us. That was my point. :D What basis do they give you for honestly thinking he is alive?? :hmm: I have never known anyone that believed in that theory, so I am curious as to what makes them believe something like that?? And...what do you tell them?? :hmm:

cameron
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
If you read back through these posts, that's where the comments took us. That was my point. :D What basis do they give you for honestly thinking he is alive?? :hmm: I have never known anyone that believed in that theory, so I am curious as to what makes them believe something like that?? And...what do you tell them?? :hmm:

In case you've never noticed ; I don't tell anyone what to believe or not believe. They have a good basis . I've made a study of his death the last five years.
I can honestly say, I don't believe strongly either way. It's all hypothtical to me. Something to be looked at and examined. I can and do seperate it from the man and his music.

You'd have to ask each one of them. They're individuals, with different reasons. I don't talk about any of them either. It's kinda like religion to me .
I don't ask anyone to try and explain their beliefs about that either.

The only thing I tell them ....IF someone tells you he's Elvis, be sure and tell him to come right over with DNA in hand. :P
Plus, don't give him any money !!
You see; we can laugh about things and not get mad.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Advice for the newcomers to Elvis world: Don't rely on these boards or what anyone tells you for the absolute truth. They may help steer you in the right direction for answers, but if there's something you sincerely want to find answers for, you need to do it on your own. Never accept what one source tells you.

Darn tootin' ! (y)

Getlo
11-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Getlo is Ghetto

How sad that you resort to the childishness of name calling, Mojo. It really is just sad.

And, as I have said many times on here, please feel free to indicate where exactly I have posted something that I "have no clue about".

You almost don't want to post your source? I wonder why not. I look forward to reading the rest of the thread to see if you actually do.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you feel sorry for Elvis while those discussions about his personal hygiene, speculations about his love life, drug addiction, etc. were going on? I did.

If you don't like a particular subject ... don't post on it! How many times does this need to be articulated??

Do you ever see us going into the "sideburns" thread or other such topics and telling people not to post because of the subject matter? No, you don't. So leave us to discuss these things as we may. :mad:(n)

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM

Ah, so that's your source, the tabloids! Thanks for finally letting us know. (y)

But I could've sworn in another post a while back you said you didn't get your information from the gossip rags or tabloids.
;)

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
no not laugh at cameron, maybe he got his own opinions about the pic, but l just laugh at the nutters on the internet that say that pic was a fake.

But cameron said the picture was proven to be fake, so she must have you in stitches ...

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Ah, so that's your source, the tabloids! Thanks for finally letting us know. (y)

But I could've sworn in another post a while back you said you didn't get your information from the gossip rags or tabloids.
;)

I still don't .That's your info source, I assume, :lmfao:

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Informed? Does this not imply that you have found information contrary to the accepted Elvis lore?

Wil you ever post your source on this?

Or did you simply mean considered opinion?

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:09 PM
But cameron said the picture was proven to be fake, so she must have you in stitches ...

It was proven to be fake. It was completely dark on the inside of that casket.
The Elvis figure was drawn in. You just refuse to admit it .

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Informed? Does this not imply that you have found information contrary to the accepted Elvis lore?

Nope, I was informed .

Dekethecreep
11-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Ill have to check that goldman book out,never read it
right now im reading Elvis and the Memphis Mafia By Alanna Nash
Heres that video you are talking bout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9Fnd65wtY

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
I've made a study of his death the last five years.
I can honestly say, I don't believe strongly either way.

So, you don't strongly believe either way if Elvis Presley is dead??!!

Is that what you're saying here?; I just want to be clear about this before I'm accused of puting words into your mouth.

And after five years of "studying his death" (whatever that means!) you can't reach the conclusion that he is actually dead?

Is that what you're saying here?

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
You almost don't want to post your source? I wonder why not. I look forward to reading the rest of the thread to see if you actually do.

And I will continue to wait for your source, MojoElvis; I would be interested in reading it, or at least to find out how/why you believe what you do.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Nope, I was informed .

Then WHY will you not post your source?

What is your fear here? WHY won't you tell us how/why you believe what you do?

SHOW US why the casket picture is fake! PLEASE!!!!

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:21 PM
It was proven to be fake. It was completely dark on the inside of that casket.
The Elvis figure was drawn in. You just refuse to admit it .

Don't be ridiculous.

The picture was touched up because, yes, the original picture was too dark for publication. Elvis was not ... repeat not ... drawn in from scratch.

Or are you now going to play semantics and suggest that a touched up photo is actually fake?

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:22 PM
So, you don't strongly believe either way if Elvis Presley is dead??!!

Is that what you're saying here?; I just want to be clear about this before I'm accused of puting words into your mouth.

And after five years of "studying his death" (whatever that means!) you can't reach the conclusion that he is actualy dead?

Is that what you're saying here?

It's not something I'd argue about. That's what I'm saying.
What's the point ?People believe what they want.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
It was proven to be fake.

WHERE was this proven???

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

The picture was touched up because, yes, the original picture was too dark for publication. Elvis was not ... repeat not ... drawn in from scratch.

Or are you now going to play semantics and suggest that a touched up photo is actually fake?

SHOW ME YOUR PROOF !! I HAVE SOME THAT SAY DIFFERENT.

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:26 PM
WHERE was this proven???
Florida . If you think I'd give you their name, think again.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
SHOW ME YOUR PROOF !! I HAVE SOME THAT SAY DIFFERENT.

Er, no dear, it doesn't work like that.

YOU were the one to first bring this up and suggest the Enquirer pic was faked ... that goes against the generally accepted Elvis lore.

Therefore, the onus is on YOU (only if you want to of course) to show us all how/why it is fake.

If someone had said first that it was fake, I'd gladly show them why it wasn't. But YOU raised the subject.

So, like every other time, you are skirting the issue and avoiding the subject. Until you change your mind and post your sources, this point is moot.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Florida . If you think I'd give you their name, think again.

That's it. I'm done.

Some guy in Florida huh? ... well, that narrows it down. But no names of course.

How you came to this is simply sad. It really is.

cameron
11-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Er, no dear, it doesn't work like that.

YOU were the one to first bring this up and suggest the Enquirer pic was faked ... that goes against the generally accepted Elvis lore.

Therefore, the onus is on YOU (only if you want to of course) to show us all how/why it is fake.

If someone had said first that it was fake, I'd gladly show them why it wasn't. But YOU raised the subject.

So, like every other time, you are skirting the issue and avoiding the subject. Until you change your mind and post your sources, this point is moot.
You've been given all you'll ever get from me.
It doesn't matter to me whether you or anyone believes what I say.
I'm not the one that's OCD over this stuff.
Look for yourself. Though I'm not so sure anyone would tell you .
Yes, it is a moot point, because I'm done .

Getlo
11-29-2007, 07:39 PM
You've been given all you'll ever get from me.
Yes, it is a moot point, because I'm done .

True to form, as always. (n)

So, if anyone else has information they'd like to share about the casket picture being fake, please post it on here so we can dissect it and get to the bottom of the matter.

It may very well be that the pic is actually fake and that we have all been misinformed lo these many years. But if people want to keep "correct" information to themselves and not provide sources, there's really nothing we can do.

Any serious information about the casket pic authenticity (for or against) would be most welcome. (y)

U.S. Male
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay folks....ENOUGH!

Everyone's had their say here, so I strongly suggest this bickering end -NOW!

And there won't be a repeat request next time. :cop:

Tommy
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I second that(y):cop:

rocknroll
11-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Dang, just when this was getting good.:D

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Okay folks....ENOUGH!

Everyone's had their say here, so I strongly suggest this bickering end -NOW!

And there won't be a repeat request next time. :cop:

I second that(y):cop:

BBM & Tommy,

Thanks for stepping in...these kinds of arguments is the main reason I don't visit much...

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for posting the video Deke (y) You kept me from having to search around and find it :D

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Dang, just when this was getting good.:D
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

presley31
11-30-2007, 06:35 AM
BBM & Tommy,

Thanks for stepping in...these kinds of arguments is the main reason I don't visit much...

I agree Tony (y)(y)

Rhinestone
11-30-2007, 06:40 AM

Sources are in this thread..."information contrary to the accepted Elvis lore."

Johnny
11-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Calling names is against the rules. But some do it all the time and get away with it.

Well, apparently it's against the rules as I got my first warning when I called David Stanley a twat, which he is (and I'm prepared to get my second warning for this, as this is what I truly belief).

I read over the Code of Conduct and nothing there says that I can't call a family member of Elvis' a twat, the only thing vaguely related to that is rule 3 in the Code of Conduct - heck, Priscilla has been called many, many worse names

presley31
11-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Well, apparently it's against the rules as I got my first warning when I called David Stanley a twat, which he is (and I'm prepared to get my second warning for this, as this is what I truly belief).

I read over the Code of Conduct and nothing there says that I can't call a family member of Elvis' a twat, the only thing vaguely related to that is rule 3 in the Code of Conduct - heck, Priscilla has been called many, many worse names

yep i agree

Stryx
11-30-2007, 07:49 AM

Well those people are just plain dumb if they think that's Elvis in the pictures or that he faked his death.

And that my dear is what im entitled to believe.

presley31
11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Well those people are just plain dumb if they think that's Elvis in the pictures or that he faked his death.

And that my dear is what im entitled to believe.

well thats your opinion:D

Stryx
11-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Elvis did go out "in public "with Ali in life.
Look it up :P

Well my dear if Elvis is appering in pictures post 77' it tends to lead one to the conclusion that they are suggesting he isn't dead. But maybe you have a different take on reality.

I do find your constant bickering quite childish and boring. As for Elvis going out in public like in that picture that is on this thread with Ali please show us all when and where this happened.

Backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton does not count as public if you are going to suggest that.

Happy hunting.

Stryx
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
well thats your opinion:D

It is and im sticking to it.

Perhaps they should speak with someone who saw the autopsy marks on Elvis's body and then see if they continue with their fictional beliefs.

But hey..... Gail Brewer Giorgio is SUCH a credible source.

cameron
11-30-2007, 08:03 AM

I thought it meant we weren't supposed to call each other names on this site. However, that doesn't quite work either, does it? :hmm:
Perhaps some need the rules explained further .

I don't think we should call Priscilla names either. We don't know her.
I don't like the MM ; but I don't call them names .
Not on a site that's not my own anyway. ;)

cameron
11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Well my dear if Elvis is appering in pictures post 77' it tends to lead one to the conclusion that they are suggesting he isn't dead. But maybe you have a different take on reality.

I do find your constant bickering quite childish and boring. As for Elvis going out in public like in that picture that is on this thread with Ali please show us all when and where this happened.

Backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton does not count as public if you are going to suggest that.

Happy hunting.
As well, I see no reason to act as children, though some appear to delight in such behavior .:'(

Nope, you look it up. I already know Ali and Elvis' friendship.
Apparently, you don't. :P

cameron
11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
It is and im sticking to it.

Perhaps they should speak with someone who saw the autopsy marks on Elvis's body and then see if they continue with their fictional beliefs.

But hey..... Gail Brewer Giorgio is SUCH a credible source.

Actually, I have spoken to "someone."
It wasn't GBG either .
Unless you were there to witness things yourself?

Stryx
11-30-2007, 08:36 AM
As well, I see no reason to act as children, though some appear to delight in such behavior .:'(

Nope, you look it up. I already know Ali and Elvis' friendship.
Apparently, you don't. :P

Someone send this lady an Elvis book

Stryx
11-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Actually, I have spoken to "someone."
It wasn't GBG either .
Unless you were there to witness things yourself?

Really.

Another Florida native or maybe some from the U.S.A

Elvis is dead. He didn't fake his death and unless you can prove otherwise your voice has no credibility.

cameron
11-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Really.

Another Florida native or maybe some from the U.S.A

Elvis is dead. He didn't fake his death and unless you can prove otherwise your voice has no credibility.

You are being obnoxious . No one said he wasn't dead.
It's you that keeps dwelling on that.

It was the mortician I talked to. Talk to people, instead of quoting a book.
You might learn something. ;)

presley31
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Someone send this lady an Elvis book

why don't you stick to the topic and stop be insulting.

Stryx
11-30-2007, 08:52 AM
You are being obnoxious . No one said he wasn't dead.
It's you that keeps dwelling on that.

You might learn something. ;)

How do you know if I have spoken to anyone or not?

By the way....showing and explaining why you have beliefs is better than conjecture.

They teach that in school.

You are the person being ignorant and obnoxious.

I would easily take you on Elvis knowledge any day of the week. It's not a contest, but you seem to think it is.

Happy hunting for Elvis and Ali's public appearences. You always ignore posts when you can't prove your claims. Perhaps I should just put you on ignore. I already got advice from the mods to do that with you.

Stryx
11-30-2007, 08:54 AM
why don't you stick to the topic and stop be insulting.

And this isn't:

Cameron:

You might learn something.

It has nothing to do with you. Cameron needs to stop being an aggressive person who persists at annoying people when her posts are shown to have no substance.

Such as the Lansky point.

I suggest Cameron stops this bickering and sticks to facts about Elvis. Not insults when questioned about statements or even more insults when the statements have no proof and seem to be idle conjecture.

cameron
11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
How do you know if I have spoken to anyone or not?

By the way....showing and explaining why you have beliefs is better than conjecture.

They teach that in school.

You are the person being ignorant and obnoxious.

I would easily take you on Elvis knowledge any day of the week. It's not a contest, but you seem to think it is.
Happy hunting for Elvis and Ali's public appearences. You always ignore posts when you can't prove your claims. Perhaps I should just put you on ignore. I already got advice from the mods to do that with you.Thanks, but it appears to be you calling people names and thinking it's a contest. All I know I get from "real people' not books, though I've read most of them.
It's no contest to me. It's just the way I like to do things.Find the one that really knows .Not read another book.

I think the mods gave you good advice, why not take it? :P

Stryx
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
[/B]Thanks, but it appears to be you calling people names and thinking it's a contest. All I know I get from "real people' not books, though I've read most of them.
It's no contest to me. It's just the way I like to do things.Find the one that really knows .Not read another book.

I think the mods gave you good advice, why not take it? :P

Exposing a fraud can be rewarding.

Now how about sticking to the topic.

SleepyJack
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Another day,another war!......Ah yes,it`s good to be alive my friends,good to be alive.Peace on earth and goodwill to all men(and women!).....All hail the power of the flower.:hug::hug::hug:

Johnny
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
This thread should be closed; the bickering has gone on long enough.

There should be a "no-bickering" rule, just as there seems to be a "don't call Elvis' stepbrother a ****" rule ;) :D

U.S. Male
11-30-2007, 10:34 AM

There should be a "no-bickering" rule, just as there seems to be a "don't call Elvis' stepbrother a ****" rule

It's using the word ****that is not allowed, regardless of who it's directed towards, plus you have been notified of this already.

Johnny
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
It's using the word ****that is not allowed, regardless of who it's directed towards, plus you have been notified of this already.

Oh yes, hench the ;) :D - but I'll always consider him a ****; even an ******* and a **** :P, but, in my first post, I thought you guys had a filter on this site that would change the letters - kinda like "Maurice" is "spectacle" on FECC; but seriously, this bickering has to stop ...especially when users here are saying they aren't posting anymore because of it (n)

Oh and by the way, hate-comments about Priscilla seem to go unnoticed; which is surprising as I didn't use very foul language about David Stanley (well, Europeans would propably not get offended ;))

The word I used to describe David Stanley is propably the most flattering word he's ever heard about himself :P

Getlo
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Elvis and Ali were friends, but they never met beyond the safety of hotels in Vegas (presumably the Hilton in all cases).

They did not "go out together".

There's that story from Ali that Elvis snuck into his training camp in later years to get away from things too.

As much as I'd like to believe that .... naaaaaaahh.

If only.

I think it would've been cool being around them both at the same time. Ali is my all-time living hero, and it's nothing to do with his boxing, let me tell you.

Tony Trout
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Elvis and Ali were friends, but they never met beyond the safety of hotels in Vegas (presumably the Hilton in all cases).

They did not "go out together".

There's that story from Ali that Elvis snuck into his training camp in later years to get away from things too.

As much as I'd like to believe that .... naaaaaaahh.

If only.

I think it would've been cool being around them both at the same time. Ali is my all-time living hero, and it's nothing to do with his boxing, let me tell you.

Agreed. :D:D

jak
11-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Ali and Elvis were mutual admirers of one another.Obviously they met but they didnt hangout or have a great close friendship.The story of Elvis going to Ali's training camp is complete nonsense.
Jak

alstrada
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
The casket picture is real: it was taken by a distant cousin (Billy Mann).

Read all details about it in the Dick Grob book ' Elvis - The Conspiracy'

cameron
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Dick Grob was proven wrong about several things.
In a Memphis courtroom. ;)

cameron
11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Ali and Elvis were mutual admirers of one another.Obviously they met but they didnt hangout or have a great close friendship.The story of Elvis going to Ali's training camp is complete nonsense.
Jak

I don't intend to argue with any of you. IF the story Ali told wasn't true; why would he have said it ? In an interview, no less.

I give up .History will be only what you guys want it to be here.
Hopefully, people that want some truth will look for themselves .(y)

utmom2008
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM

There should be a "no-bickering" rule, just as there seems to be a "don't call Elvis' stepbrother a ****" rule ;) :D
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Tony Trout
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Dick Grob was proven wrong about several things.
In a Memphis courtroom. ;)

You're right. He was. But that casket photo wasn't brought up in the discussion in the courtroom.

It's real. It's Elvis. He's gone. End of story. Period.

utmom2008
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't intend to argue with any of you. IF the story Ali told wasn't true; why would he have said it ? In an interview, no less.

What year did Ali make this statement?? It certainly sounds "fishy", so I was curious about the date??? :hmm: :hmm:

ksimms2
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Deke, do you mean "Revelations From the Memphis Mafia?" that is a great book. I'm in the process of reading Albert Goldman's book now - it's taking me a while because it is BORING. Haven't gotten to his death yet though....I'm also starting to read Priscilla's "Elvis and Me" and it's not near as bad as the movie.....actually makes me feel for her - I feel her love for him in this book so far....she is still a teenager though....lol.

p.s. like your name too...."dekethecreep" is very cute!

cameron
11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
You're right. He was. But that casket photo wasn't brought up in the discussion in the courtroom.

It's real. It's Elvis. He's gone. End of story. Period.
No, it wasn't. I was just pointing out Grob is wrong about things too.

No one knows everything about Elvis.

Since looking more about that photo on the Net. More people are aware of it being created by the artist than I ever knew .
Even a lawsuit was brought against NE in 1978.

You're trying to argue about 2 seperate things here.
A false picture and/or Elvis being alive. This belongs to you all, you make up your own stories and rules. It's went OFF TOPIC long ago.

elvis himselvis
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
When I saw the casket photo of Elvis that was used on the cover of the NE,I couldn't believe it was him because he was changed alot.But when I heard this photo was retouched and I saw the real photo that Tony posted on another thread,you could definitely see that it's Elvis.So for me it's clear,and it only tells me what I already knew...Elvis is dead.

jak
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM

I wasnt arguing at all.I made a statement that was not directed at anyone.I do stand behind it.Ali did make the statement.It's his idea of a joke.Elvis Presley never "slipped" away to go anywhere privately.Much less for a week if I remember correctly.That story is 100% fiction.If it's true it means that nobody close to Elvis knew he took off for a week and just vanished.Youre the one who continously tries to rewrite history.Why would Ali say something false?Is he the first one to do so?According to you everybody around Elvis has lied continously.Whether you have proof or not.You pick the stories or version of events you find most desirable and stick to it like a leech regardless of it's credibility.This Ali story is a good example of pure fantasy,yet it's a nice thought so it must be true.That's the mentality youre using rather than common sense.I am only expressing myself because you highlighted my response for some reason.The board doesnt revolve around you so please dont assume my every post is aimed in your direction.I know you dont want to argue so there is no need to respond to my comments.We both had our say.I bid you good day.
Jak

presley31
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I wasnt arguing at all.I made a statement that was not directed at anyone.I do stand behind it.Ali did make the statement.It's his idea of a joke.Elvis Presley never "slipped" away to go anywhere privately.Much less for a week if I remember correctly.That story is 100% fiction.If it's true it means that nobody close to Elvis knew he took off for a week and just vanished.Youre the one who continously tries to rewrite history.Why would Ali say something false?Is he the first one to do so?According to you everybody around Elvis has lied continously.Whether you have proof or not.You pick the stories or version of events you find most desirable and stick to it like a leech regardless of it's credibility.This Ali story is a good example of pure fantasy,yet it's a nice thought so it must be true.That's the mentality youre using rather than common sense.I am only expressing myself because you highlighted my response for some reason.The board doesnt revolve around you so please dont assume my every post is aimed in your direction.I know you dont want to argue so there is no need to respond to my comments.We both had our say.I bid you good day.
Jak

jak didn't elvis leave by himself to go see nixon??

presley31
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
It is hardly surprising that Muhammad Ali and Elvis Presley became good friends, their backgrounds were so similar and they became the two arms of the pincer movement of civil rights within entertainment and sport. Given that the civil rights in question were those that should have always belonged to all in America, it was crucial that the movement was supported by prominent figures from both black and white communities. Elvis, less articulate than Ali, preferred not to comment on politics but songs such as 'In the Ghetto' and 'If I Can Dream', and of course his friendships with BB King, Fats Domino and others, make it clear where Elvis stood on civil rights. Muhammad, possibly less aware than Elvis of the McCarthy Witch Trials of the '40s and '50s that wrecked the careers of so many within entertainment who held 'liberal' views, just wore his heart boldly on his sleeve.

During the height of Elijah Muhammad’s influence upon him, Ali spouted some decidedly segregationist ideas on UK TV that led to accusations of racism. In 1957 Elvis was accused of making a racist remark (in a place he had never visited and at a time he was clearly somewhere else) and was similarly accused. Muhammad later rejected that area of the Nation of Islam's teaching whilst many black friends leapt to Elvis' defense. Blues man Ivory Joe Hunter said: "He showed me every courtesy. I think he’s one of the greatest." whilst pianist Dudley Brooks declared: "He faces everyone as a man". We all knew Ali wasn't racist and Michael Parkinson, the man who interviewed him on TV, cites Ali as the greatest interviewee he ever met in a career of nearly half a century.

Ali and Elvis shared the pressure and loneliness of being 'the greatest' in their respective professions and they came to represent America to the world in a way that no politician could ever achieve. Later, Muhammad would fulfill Elvis' last engagement after his friend had died. The Las Vegas Hilton Hotel’s new Pavilion was supposed to open with a special Elvis show in October 1977 and, as Hilton’s then Vice President, Henri Lewin put it: "We wanted it to be the greatest opening ever. We considered him so great that what we replaced him with was the Ali-Spinks fight. When we lost Elvis, we knew we had to get Ali no matter what it cost. No one else was big enough." Opening delayed, Ali lost his title to Leon Spinks in February 1978, whilst helping his old friend out again.

jak
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
jak didn't elvis leave by himself to go see nixon?? Cameron not causing any problems either

I almost brought that up myself.Elvis stormed out of Graceland mad as hell that day.That's what got the ball rolling on that.It wasnt long before you had Elvis calling his boys to join him.Plus you have airport employees and many others who have told their stories of encountering Elvis during that trip.Every deatil of that trip is knwn to nauseum.I refuse to ever read a word about it again.If we are to believe the Ali story you are accepting the following facts.Ali is the only person that has said it.In all these years nobody has told any details.Nobody that worked for Elvis knew he went.He had no bodyguards with him.He just vanished and nobody knew where he was.Elvis wasnt capable of going anywhere without the boys.Use youre head.Nobody in all these years except Ali has ever mentioned it?Not a single other individual
wants to tell anything about these two titans just hanging out for a week?Every deatil of the Nixon trip has been laid out by the minute basically and that was a quick trip.He hangs with Ali for a vacation and not one person other than Ali knows about it?How did he get there to the camp?Did he fly?If so then the pilot knows about it.Did he just throw a bag in the stutz and say see ya in a week?
Jak

presley31
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I almost brought that up myself.Elvis stormed out of Graceland mad as hell that day.That's what got the ball rolling on that.It wasnt long before you had Elvis calling his boys to join him.Plus you have airport employees and many others who have told their stories of encountering Elvis during that trip.Every deatil of that trip is knwn to nauseum.I refuse to ever read a word about it again.If we are to believe the Ali story you are accepting the following facts.Ali is the only person that has said it.In all these years nobody has told any details.Nobody that worked for Elvis knew he went.He had no bodyguards with him.He just vanished and nobody knew where he was.Elvis wasnt capable of going anywhere without the boys.Use youre head.Nobody in all these years except Ali has ever mentioned it?Not a single other individual
wants to tell anything about these two titans just hanging out for a week?Every deatil of the Nixon trip has been laid out by the minute basically and that was a quick trip.He hangs with Ali for a vacation and not one person other than Ali knows about it?How did he get there to the camp?Did he fly?If so then the pilot knows about it.Did he just throw a bag in the stutz and say see ya in a week?
Jak

jak l will start a new thread cause we are off topic with this one

jak
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
It is hardly surprising that Muhammad Ali and Elvis Presley became good friends, their backgrounds were so similar and they became the two arms of the pincer movement of civil rights within entertainment and sport. Given that the civil rights in question were those that should have always belonged to all in America, it was crucial that the movement was supported by prominent figures from both black and white communities. Elvis, less articulate than Ali, preferred not to comment on politics but songs such as 'In the Ghetto' and 'If I Can Dream', and of course his friendships with BB King, Fats Domino and others, make it clear where Elvis stood on civil rights. Muhammad, possibly less aware than Elvis of the McCarthy Witch Trials of the '40s and '50s that wrecked the careers of so many within entertainment who held 'liberal' views, just wore his heart boldly on his sleeve.

During the height of Elijah Muhammadís influence upon him, Ali spouted some decidedly segregationist ideas on UK TV that led to accusations of racism. In 1957 Elvis was accused of making a racist remark (in a place he had never visited and at a time he was clearly somewhere else) and was similarly accused. Muhammad later rejected that area of the Nation of Islam's teaching whilst many black friends leapt to Elvis' defense. Blues man Ivory Joe Hunter said: "He showed me every courtesy. I think heís one of the greatest." whilst pianist Dudley Brooks declared: "He faces everyone as a man". We all knew Ali wasn't racist and Michael Parkinson, the man who interviewed him on TV, cites Ali as the greatest interviewee he ever met in a career of nearly half a century.

Ali and Elvis shared the pressure and loneliness of being 'the greatest' in their respective professions and they came to represent America to the world in a way that no politician could ever achieve. Later, Muhammad would fulfill Elvis' last engagement after his friend had died. The Las Vegas Hilton Hotelís new Pavilion was supposed to open with a special Elvis show in October 1977 and, as Hiltonís then Vice President, Henri Lewin put it: "We wanted it to be the greatest opening ever. We considered him so great that what we replaced him with was the Ali-Spinks fight. When we lost Elvis, we knew we had to get Ali no matter what it cost. No one else was big enough." Opening delayed, Ali lost his title to Leon Spinks in February 1978, whilst helping his old friend out again.

You bring up many good point about Elvis and Ali.The things you mention should be proof to you that two people of such fame could not just hangout for a period of time and it's never been mentioned.I think it's impossible.Dont forgrt tsat both of them loved the spotlight.Elvis craved attention just like Ali.Elvis isnt going unnoticed for a week hanging out with somebody like Ali.It doesnt really make any sense if you think it through.

utmom2008
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Jak
While he was at Jerry's place Elvis called back home to Graceland and reported in. Like you said, that was a quick trip. I feel as though I were on that trip with them, not a detail has been left out. Even down to knowing that he drank coffee on Jerry's deck.;);)
I don't believe for one second that Elvis Presley disappeared for 7 days and no one noticed.:hmm:Maybe that's where Lisa got her idea for her song "Nobody Noticed It". :lol::lol:

Nashville Highway
12-01-2007, 01:50 PM
When I saw the casket photo of Elvis that was used on the cover of the NE,I couldn't believe it was him because he was changed alot.But when I heard this photo was retouched and I saw the real photo that Tony posted on another thread,you could definitely see that it's Elvis.So for me it's clear,and it only tells me what I already knew...Elvis is dead.

It's useless to go over this. Leave it be. First, you wouldn't have the resources to prove it. Careful planning, the right people, things you would never think of. Certain steps taken at different times so no one realizes the full extent of what was going on. The less the wiser, the better for success. Records swapped, exchanged. Certain appearance changes, just enough, not too much, but enough to make a difference. After all the image is what people see. New friends and family, staying away from the things you were formerly tied to. Drying out because the temptations are gone and you no longer have access to those things. Knowing that the danger you posed to the ones you love is gone. Aging itself helps the disguise. You know that even if you came face to face with someone from your past they couldn't prove it. So, you see, it would be fruitless to pursue, so why even bother to argue? Accept things as they are.