PDA

View Full Version : EPE authorises replica jumpsuits

Getlo
11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I wonder what our resident cheer squad for Sillerman's mob will make of this?

Yet another example of Elvis being reduced to the level of caricature. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the first time ever, Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) has licensed a company to create replicas of Elvis’ iconic jumpsuits. B & K Enterprises, known internationally for its attention to detail in the creation of authentic replica jumpsuits worn by the King of Rock and Roll, has signed a formal licensing partnership with EPE.

B & K has exclusive rights to manufacture these replicas, originally designed and produced by Bill Belew and Gene Doucette in the 1970s. Many of the original jumpsuits worn by Elvis in concert are currently on display at Graceland. Doucette remains involved with B & K in the creative process by producing the embroidery work on the costumes using original patterns and designs.

B & K has produced jumpsuit costumes for numerous films, television shows and print campaigns, including Disney’s recent release “The Game Plan,” the 2001 film, “3000 Miles to Graceland” and the November 2007 cover of Conde Nast’s new magazine Movies Rock, featuring Bill Murray in an Elvis jumpsuit. The designs have also become popular with celebrity clients, including John Mellencamp and Madonna. EPE’s first-ever and highly successful Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest held in August of this year featured many of the contestants performing in B & K costumes including the winner, Shawn Klush.

The family-owned business headquartered in Charlestown, IN, is one of the premier full-service custom costume shops in the world and produces costumes for stage and screen in addition to Elvis jumpsuit replicas. Butch Polston, owner of B & K Enterprises says, “This is more than a business, it’s a passion. I’m a lifelong Elvis fan and his jumpsuits are pieces of art to me. The costumes personified Elvis' larger than life image as a music artist, it’s an honor to create these costumes with EPE’s stamp of approval.”

In addition to replicas of Elvis stage wear, B & K offers a line of shirts, vests, belts, jackets, casual wear, jewelry, all authentic replicas of clothing worn by Elvis Presley. Consumers of B & K’s products include Elvis Presley tribute artists, music memorabilia collectors, Elvis fans and various celebrities.

About Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.

Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) is based in Memphis, with additional offices in Los Angeles. In addition to Graceland and its related attractions in Memphis, including the Heartbreak Hotel, EPE is aggressively involved in a worldwide licensing program, merchandising, music publishing, and television, film, video and Internet projects. For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit http://www.elvis.com. EPE is a subsidiary of CKX, Inc. (http://www.ckx.com), a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ National Market System (NMS) under the ticker symbol CKXE.

Contacts
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Kevin Kern, 901-332-3322

MojoElvis
11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Big deal now B&K has to give a percentage to EPE. They can't stop the power of Elvis fans wanting to keep his memory alive.

Rover
11-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Wow, some more memorabilia...and more money for EPE :P
I'm not a crazy collector, but this will sure make some fans happy! Btw Getlo, why did you talk about caricature? I mean, they are not making only jumpsuits: "In addition to replicas of Elvis stage wear, B & K offers a line of shirts, vests, belts, jackets, casual wear, jewelry, all authentic replicas of clothing worn by Elvis Presley."

rocknroll
11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
It's all just tacky. There are better ways to keep his memory alive. This is just the easy, lazy way out.

cameron
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
I think it's a very nice idea, done with taste.

"B & K has produced jumpsuit costumes for numerous films, television shows and print campaigns, including Disney’s recent release “The Game Plan,” the 2001 film, “3000 Miles to Graceland” and the November 2007 cover of Conde Nast’s new magazine Movies Rock, featuring Bill Murray in an Elvis jumpsuit. The designs have also become popular with celebrity clients, including John Mellencamp and Madonna. EPE’s first-ever and highly successful Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest held in August of this year featured many of the contestants performing in B & K costumes including the winner, Shawn Klush. "

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
B&K Enterprises has been making Jumpsuits for decades now, I hardly think EPE having licensed them makes any difference to their business, perhaps it will be detrimental :doh:

EPE are just trying to get the sticky mits on more revenue without having to do anything.

KPM
11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Some people want Elvis calenders, or collectable plates etc...- some want only his music and videos. IMO if someone wants a replica jumpsuit its fine by me. To each his own.

presley31
11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Some people want Elvis calenders, or collectable plates etc...- some want only his music and videos. IMO if someone wants a replica jumpsuit its fine by me. To each his own.

yep l agree, whatever makes people happy is fine with me.

Polk-Salad-Annie
11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
yep l agree, whatever makes people happy is fine with me.

I agree with you.
No replica jumpsuit for me, just the music and videos.

Diane
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
To me those jumpsuits were Elvis' and his alone. No one could carry them off the way he did. If some want to look second-rate, let them.

I don't think there will ever be any end to how EPE will continue to increase their profits.

Diane

poormansgold
11-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi think ikt's cool have replica jumpsuits, it's liked replica of Baseball Jerserys or Football or Basketball Jerserys , I got alot of football ones.
The ones are collector's Will buy them , not all fans will .
Tom

JDD
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
(y)
I always wished I could have a replica of the Aloha concert suits cape. Not the suit, just the cape. Maybe two one for display, and one for say the times I'm just feeling sort of low key and I just want to run out to walmart or the Grocery store I could put it on and I'm off.

JD

cameron
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
At least it's in "good taste".
Nothing like the Halloween costumes.

EPE {Sillerman} is supposed to make money.
How else will he see a return on his investment?
I'll save my complaints for the "talking heads" etc. :blink:

Diane
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
OMG, you might want to re-think that JDD. :D We have a local nutball who runs to Wal-Mart and around town, who's physique is not pleasing, in a dirty white cheap imitation jumpsuit and horrid wig riding around on a bicycle with an Elvis license plate. People are thinking of having him put away.

Diane

JDD
11-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Thats why you gotta buy the quality EPE licensed capes Diane. If you can
afford those, they know you're rational enough to hold a job.

JD

cprimm
11-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh gee, Diane that sounds horrible. His elevator is not going all the way to the top or he just wants attention.

I think EPE has decided if "you can't shut 'em down; you might as well join 'em and reap the rewards". Since they have sanctioned the TA's, they need to make money off their clothes...and anyone else that buys Elvis clothes.

hounddog
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
i don't care either way but wait in a couple of years some one will try to flog them off on ebay as "Elvis' original jumpsuit or shirt"

It's kind of ironic in a way didn't EPE try to make impersonators have to register or get approved or something. Now they're selling his replica clothing to who ever wants it.

personally i wouldn't mind some of the shirts he wore in the late 60's early 70's

Diane
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Quality cape or not JDD, you just go ahead, jump on your bike and head for Wal-Mart. Write to me when they let you.:lol:

Diane

SleepyJack
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Anyone know where he gets his Elvis license plates?......Look pretty cool on SleepyJack`s bicycle!!.......Vroom vroom beepbeep..

MojoElvis
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Have you guys ever look at how much B&K charges? Way, Way Overpriced

SleepyJack
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I`ve seen tribute artist Mark Leen a few times....he pays upwards of $35,000 for his suits,all from the original designs...they look incredible...don`t know where he gets them though....don`t think I like the idea of replica suits being available to everyone though.....I`m developing a passionate hatred for those bloody ridiculous wigs that keep turning up everywhere!

hounddog
11-14-2007, 08:14 PM
yeah i know they're dear but see in my winning lotto fantasy land where i can have anything Elvis i want price won't matter

Suzan
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Thank you Getlo, am wondering pretty much what your are, pretty quiet on that front though.

I agree Jumpsuit Junkie, espescially the last sentence.:)

utmom2008
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
(y)
I always wished I could have a replica of the Aloha concert suits cape. Not the suit, just the cape. Maybe two one for display, and one for say the times I'm just feeling sort of low key and I just want to run out to walmart or the Grocery store I could put it on and I'm off.

JD
:D:D:D:D That one made me chuckle!

utmom2008
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
OMG, you might want to re-think that JDD. :D We have a local nutball who runs to Wal-Mart and around town, who's physique is not pleasing, in a dirty white cheap imitation jumpsuit and horrid wig riding around on a bicycle with an Elvis license plate. People are thinking of having him put away.

Diane
People are "thinking of putting him away"??? What's there to think about :hmm: :D

SeeSeeRider777
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I wouldnt buy the Jumpsuits but I would buy a few belts not the world attendance record one. No one is worthy to wear that belt besides Elvis.

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Have you guys ever look at how much B&K charges? Way, Way Overpriced

I think the reason that this is the case is because they are as close as you can get the the originals, Gene and Bill have both given the ok to Butch to do this work. B&K are the Rolls Royce of Jumpsuits (y)

KPM
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM

Diane
We've got one in my town also-no bike but you see him every where. Its not a pretty sight.

Tony Trout
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Although a part of me is kinda glad to see this...it also makes me wonder if the prices of the suits from B&K will come down so that the general fan can purchase them?

:hmm::hmm:

Diane
11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
No it's not KPM. Wonder if our guy has relatives your way?:D

I imagine most of the sales will be from ETA's. I don't see too many private people wanting to wear the jumpsuits, maybe the other street clothes though.

Diane