PDA

View Full Version : your wishes for graceland

presley31
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
what kind of things would you like to see at graceland or what things don't you want to see there??

presley31
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I would love to see fans get to eat dinner at graceland sometimes on christmas. Would like to see what lisa and her family do for christmas there??

franny
11-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I would be happy just to see Graceland, Jen! :)

If I went, I would love to see things that were of importance to Elvis throughout the years!

franny

utmom2008
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I would love to see fans get to eat dinner at graceland sometimes on christmas. Would like to see what lisa and her family do for christmas there??
Do Lisa and her kids spend time there at Christmas????

presley31
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I would be happy just to see Graceland, Jen! :)

If I went, I would love to see things that were of importance to Elvis throughout the years!

franny

l would love to see graceland to franny(y)(y)

MissyM
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I always wonder if they really really do?? And how often. Well you know my wish. But I think it would be nice to have a Sing along with Elvis for Christmas to. You know, a screen where he sings all his Christmas songs and the fans get to sing along. Do it on the air. That way we could all sit here and sing along. Of course my husband may think I'm nuts, but he's used to me sitting at the puter an singing.

YOu think they should hire me at Graceland. I got all kinds of ideas in this little head!

presley31
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I always wonder if they really really do?? And how often. Well you know my wish. But I think it would be nice to have a Sing along with Elvis for Christmas to. You know, a screen where he sings all his Christmas songs and the fans get to sing along. Do it on the air. That way we could all sit here and sing along. Of course my husband may think I'm nuts, but he's used to me sitting at the puter an singing.

YOu think they should hire me at Graceland. I got all kinds of ideas in this little head!

You have some grand ideas, and yes l think they should hire you(y)(y)

MissyM
11-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm telling you I'm hearing me singing Blue Christmas with ya'll in my head right now. Who knows how to do harmony?

Diane
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't have a strong voice Missy but I'd be pleased to do harmony with you.:)

Franny, Jen, the only thing I don't want to see if I ever get to Graceland is that it's been turned into a circus. Like Franny, I want to see things Elvis has touched and meant a lot to him. But with Priscilla's re-decorating, I wonder how much of that is left.

Diane

MissyM
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey Diane, you don't need a strong voice, we just need lots of them. Mine isn't so good anymore either. I think menopause turned me from a soprano to a baratone sometime back!

presley31
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't have a strong voice Missy but I'd be pleased to do harmony with you.:)

Franny, Jen, the only thing I don't want to see if I ever get to Graceland is that it's been turned into a circus. Like Franny, I want to see things Elvis has touched and meant a lot to him. But with Priscilla's re-decorating, I wonder how much of that is left.

Diane

l agree diane
It would be nice to see what graceland looked like when elvis was there. I can't sing Missy so l will whistle:lmfao:

cprimm
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Yall are too funny. You really must go to Graceland. My desire is to go during the holidays. I like it the way it is and don't want it turned into a zoo...circus....whatever. I thought it was decorated to Linda's liking, not Elvis'. I don't blame Priscilla for changing it back. It is very nice just like it is. They are continually changing things out, i.e., carpeting, etc...call it maintenance. It is a classic and you can't improve on perfection. That's my opinion.

keke23
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
The sing along thing sounds nutty, IMO.

All I wanna see is a better handlin of the grounds around Graceland and Whitehaven.

A state of the art museum.

Better upgraded facilities with modern day technology.

That's what's all bein planned, so I'm happy.

King_Creole
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
The sing along thing sounds nutty, IMO.

Yeh, but that Turtle idea is awesome, ain't it ?

:doh:

Suzan
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes they do spend Christmas there, I don't know if it's a yearly thing or not (Lisa & kids) though she has been doing the gift and party thing both at LEAP and Presley Place.
They did allow a glimpse in EBTB, errr, EBTP, lol...but I wonder how much of that truly happens and how much was staged for the cameras. I did find something telling though, watching it....Jennings had done the XMas lights in the back of Graceland 2 (or so) yrs. running by the time that was filmed and Pris, by her reaction when they showed the clip of Lisa and her going out back, hadn't seen it, so I don't think Pris goes back as often as she likes fans to think she does.

My wish for what to see @ Graceland? I really don't know, I think w/Elvis no longer there, it no longer matters as Pris has changed it a lot over the years, since Elvis' passing, he wouldn't recognize the backyard or the front of the house...to say nothing of the interior.

Still, all in all, I like it the way it is though I wish they'd left the white carpet throughout the way it was when I first toured it right after it opened, rather then the dark one running thru the upstairs now and the marble covered leading to the entrance to the kitchen.

elvis himselvis
11-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Do they also sleep at Graceland?

Diane
11-07-2007, 07:33 AM
If I was in the position to choose how Graceland should look, I would go back to how Elvis had it decorated when he first moved there up until and before Linda decided to go all red. I would want it to be decorated solely the way Elvis himself wanted and had it.

Anyone know of any pictures of how it was originally before Linda changed it? I've seen so many I'm not sure what it looked like when.

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 07:34 AM

nope they don't sleep there, they stay at a motel.

keke23
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Cilla and LMP stay at the Peabody when they are in town.

They sometimes eat at Rendezvous as well.

Riley and Ben don't come as often as LMP, but they come now and then, always after hours and leave before sun rise.

cprimm
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
If I was in the position to choose how Graceland should look, I would go back to how Elvis had it decorated when he first moved there up until and before Linda decided to go all red. I would want it to be decorated solely the way Elvis himself wanted and had it.

Anyone know of any pictures of how it was originally before Linda changed it? I've seen so many I'm not sure what it looked like when.

Diane

Check this link out on Larry King's interview with Priscilla, August 16, 2007, while at Graceland:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0708/19/lkl.01.html

If you believe what Priscilla is saying to Larry King:

Shall we start in the living room?

(CROSSTALK)

Let's go in.

P. PRESLEY: All right, great.

KING: White was big.

P. PRESLEY: White was very big, very popular, and still is today.

He was quite the classic decorator, wasn't he?

And this is still very popular.

KING: Did you have anything to do with all of his building and everything?

P. PRESLEY: No, not here. Not here at all. This was actually exactly the way it was when I arrived at Graceland. And there was a woman named Helen Cooper, who was a decorator that his mother really liked. And this is what they chose and this is what Elvis felt really comfortable in.

KING: Now, as I understand, he redecorated it several times.

P. PRESLEY: Well, he didn't redecorate this area that much. It was more downstairs that he decorated. And he did do a little bit, after I left, actually, he redid it into a red color. He did not like it that much at all, so that's why we went and put it back to the original, the way he always loved it and the way he lived with it when he was (INAUDIBLE).

Diane
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Well shoot, I did see her say this on the television interview Cprimm and forgot about it. What she is saying is that she re-decorated back to the original but there are people who say that isn't so that she decorated it only back to the blue.

I sure would like to see old pictures of how it was to see how close she came.

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Well shoot, I did see her say this on the television interview Cprimm and forgot about it. What she is saying is that she re-decorated back to the original but there are people who say that isn't so that she decorated it only back to the blue.

I sure would like to see old pictures of how it was to see how close she came.

Diane

l will try to find some pics of graceland when priscilla first came.

Diane
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks so much Jen, I really would appreciate it. The way he wanted and had it is the way I want to see it.....forever.

Diane

cameron
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
l will try to find some pics of graceland when priscilla first came.
That would be great !!

BTW: I stumbled on this looking for something else.
http://www.elvisandhistory.com/

It appears to be only about the Presley geneology , but I haven't read it all yet.

presley31
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much Jen, I really would appreciate it. The way he wanted and had it is the way I want to see it.....forever.

Diane

I found two but will post some more when l find them.
The ones with gladys is black and white so l can't see the colour.

presley31
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
one more l found

Diane
11-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks Jen, these pictures don't show the house as it is now.

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks Jen, these pictures don't show the house as it is now.

Diane

look behind linda's head the curtains are the same as when priscilla lived there.

Unchained Melody
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I wish they would put everyone of Elvis' stage outfits he used on display at Graceland...instead of only putting out a selective few on display!(y)

Diane
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I see those curtains Jen. They are the same but the other pics you posted the furniture isn't even the same. Now I'm more curious that ever.:P

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I see those curtains Jen. They are the same but the other pics you posted the furniture isn't even the same. Now I'm more curious that ever.:P

Diane

Me to diane, sorry there not the pics you wanted to see what l can't find the ones that were taken in the early 60's

Diane
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry Jen, my brain finally clicked in. All I have to do is go check the family section in the gallery and I'm sure there are plenty of photos there. :supriced:

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry Jen, my brain finally clicked in. All I have to do is go check the family section in the gallery and I'm sure there are plenty of photos there. :supriced:

Diane

:lol: Thats a good idea(y)(y)

Diane
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Yup I was right Jen. Checked all through the family and 60's candids section and there are quite a few difference, pieces of furniture and where they were place, paintings on the walls and articles on the tables etc. Wonder where all that stuff went?

Diane

cprimm
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Yup I was right Jen. Checked all through the family and 60's candids section and there are quite a few difference, pieces of furniture and where they were place, paintings on the walls and articles on the tables etc. Wonder where all that stuff went?

Diane

I have heard many times that Elvis was a pack rat and never got rid of anything unless he gave it away. I have heard also that there is a warehouse in Memphis stacked to the roof with things from the house, not fact, hearsay. Priscilla probably put what she thought would look best.

Suzan
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I found two but will post some more when l find them.
The ones with gladys is black and white so l can't see the colour.

Picture on the right is NOT Graceland, it is the home on Hillcrest in Beverly Hills.:)

Here are some more of Graceland... look closely at the sofa Elvis is sitting on, though it is the 15 ft. one the fabric and style is completely different...plus some photos from the 60's in EBTP shows that it is not restored to the original.

Suzan
11-07-2007, 11:58 PM
To me it's a mix of Elvis decor (as far as the dining room furniture) from the 70's and the living room the 15 ft. sofa and other 60's items, but again not all of them. The dining room def is not the 60's era.
The sofa table lamps are from the 50's they are visible in the official portrait of Elvis w/his parents where he is in his army uniform. Also @ first when the Presley's lived in Graceland in the 50's it was painted a dark blue color, the wallpaper there now is from the 70's.:)

Suzan
11-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Riley and Ben don't come as often as LMP, but they come now and then, always after hours and leave before sun rise.

True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...but tours were going on when they did stay so...plus the rooms upstairs are now bare (from what I've been told), w/exception of Lisa's room (@ least couple years ago, don't know about now).
In Elvis room all the remains is the furniture (no sheets, etc...) and in his office, an organ and some other items, one drape on a window, etc...rest is now on display.

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:07 AM
True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...but tours were going on when they did stay so...plus the rooms upstairs are now bare (from what I've been told), w/exception of Lisa's room (@ least couple years ago, don't know about now).
In Elvis room all the remains is the furniture (no sheets, etc...) and in his office, an organ and some other items, one drape on a window, etc...rest is now on display.

Its says different inside graceland, its been noted that Lisa didn't sleep at graceland, she stayed at pastys.

Diane
11-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for your information Suzan...yes the picture on the right is the one that really threw me....similar colours to the jungle room but it was all wrong and I noticed the coffee table in there was wrong right off....Hillcrest home....that's the answer.:D

I think Priscilla probably re-decorated the house basically back to what it was but took a few things away (table decos and paintings etc.) and replaced them with what she felt was in better taste. I do like her taste though...classier that Linda's red for sure.

Just please don't anyone change that jungle room!! Don't know why I love that room since my taste runs to Country Victorian but there is just something about it the way the light comes through and looks downright safe and cozy.

Diane

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Thanks for your information Suzan...yes the picture on the right is the one that really threw me....similar colours to the jungle room but it was all wrong and I noticed the coffee table in there was wrong right off....Hillcrest home....that's the answer.:D

I think Priscilla probably re-decorated the house basically back to what it was but took a few things away (table decos and paintings etc.) and replaced them with what she felt was in better taste. I do like her taste though...classier that Linda's red for sure.

Just please don't anyone change that jungle room!! Don't know why I love that room since my taste runs to Country Victorian but there is just something about it the way the light comes through and looks downright safe and cozy.

Diane

Diane

l agree diane
can't say l' am a fan of the red.

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:54 AM
l agree diane
can't say l' am a fan of the red.

I'm not a fan of the red either. Blue is more my color.
However , if fans want it the same as 1977. Appears red was the color.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:05 AM
The decor at Graceland should never have been touched from when Elvis died.

The "w h o r e house red" motif is what it was in 1977. Elvis agreed to Linda's redecorations.

The current decor is based on what Cilla wanted, not Elvis.

It is, in effect, a lie. None of the frippery (curtains, fabrics etc) are originals, only recreations of what Cilla could best recall from her time there.

(The swearing filter tried to change the "W" word ... but that is what it was called!)

presley31
11-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not a fan of the red either. Blue is more my color.
However , if fans want it the same as 1977. Appears red was the color.

I like the blue alot better myself cameron(y)

geordie
11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
PMSL

I LOVE GETLO (y) HE MAKES ME :lol:

HE HAS GOOD VIEWS TO PUT ACROSS BUT, LIKES TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

NICE WORK AUSSEIE MAN :lmfao:

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM
HE HAS GOOD VIEWS TO PUT ACROSS BUT, LIKES TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

If you actually knew me, you would know how unbelieveably inaccurate that statement is. It borders on funny. I post on here just like everybody else.

MissyM
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree! It wasn't her home anymore!!!!!! Who cares if she thought it was gaudy as hell! And who cares if we even like. It was Elvis's taste too or he wouldn't have gone along with it. It should have stayed.

keke23
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree that the home should be like it was when Elvis lived there.

But.....maybe she changed it back to when she lived there because that was when Elvis was a happy person in life.

Linda's my girl, I love her, she's from my school, hehe, but her taste wasn't all that great. Plus, she was a Tiger, she should've wanted to keep it blue mixed with grey.

It's possible that Elvis didn't really care what color the interior was.

Yall know he was out of it in those last couple of years to where he spent most of his time in his bedroom.

Maybe he didn't think much of it?

But the blue looks great when you walk through it. It's classy and catchy. The red would hurt my eyes, lol.

Diane
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Nope, I'm still for the blue and I agree Linda had terrible taste. I'm glad Priscilla turned Graceland back similar to the way it was when she lived there as Elvis spent more years with that decor and it was his doing. I did read somewhere where Elvis wasn't too pleased coming back from a tour and finding the red but that's probably a rumor. He either agreed with Linda or he just didn't care anymore.

Diane

MissyM
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
My mother-in-law redecorated her living room in red and gold. We called it early Las Vegas Hotel decor. Ok, you just had to be there and see it. We just chocked it up to the same phenomenom as when all the male cousins decided to dye their hair black. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

Diane
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Lol that's funny Missy....would have loved to have seen that. Actually red if used properly can be very rich looking, just not fuzzy and glittery.:lol:

Diane

utmom2008
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
That's what I'm wondering as well. Lisa said on Good Morning America back in August that she no longer stays at the house. So...where do they stay???:hmm: :hmm:

utmom2008
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM

I have stayed at The Peabody, and yes, it's a nice place. I just can't imagine the point of celebrating Christmas in a hotel...:hmm: :hmm:

riley
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
quote Suzan

True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...

end quote

Do you mean Pris still slept in Elvis his room when they were there????

presley31
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Nancy Rooks said Lisa hasn't slept there after something scared her at graceland,so she stayed at her aunt pastys place everytime she was in Memphis visiting the family at graceland.

Suzan
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM

Diane

LOL true that Diane. :D:D:D:D
And yeah Hillcrest home, not Graceland at all. Good eye! :D

P31....yes there were times that Lisa stayed @ Patsy's, but please read interviews w/both her and Cilla they stayed upstairs @ Graceland until the passing of aunt Delta.:D

presley31
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL true that Diane. :D:D:D:D
And yeah Hillcrest home, not Graceland at all. Good eye! :D

P31....yes there were times that Lisa stayed @ Patsy's, but please read interviews w/both her and Cilla they stayed upstairs @ Graceland until the passing of aunt Delta.:D

we all make mistakes on homes sometimes, oops

I haven't seen any interviews with lisa saying she sleeps at graceland, maybe you could post one.

Suzan
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I agree Getlo!:D
Pris said they slept at Graceland, my apologies did I write Lisa? lol I've posted interviews dear.:D

MissyM
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Well Diane, the red was fuzzy so you can only imagine.

Diane
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Don't want to :):)

Diane

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree Getlo!:D
Pris said they slept at Graceland, my apologies did I write Lisa? lol I've posted interviews dear.:D

Would you point me to an interview where Priscilla said they slept at Graceland ,please ? I remember where Priscilla said she went into Elvis' room to rest the night before the funeral. After that, I can't find a darn thing. :'(
Maybe she stayed there when she went to visit Vernon in the hospital ??
I need to catch up on some of this stuff.
Thanks, Suzan, I'd appreciate it. :)

Suzan
11-08-2007, 10:53 PM
It was fuzzy? Wow...I always thought it looked like shag and the white throw rugs were VERY fuzzy!

LOL Diane.:D

cameron
11-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Suzan:
You don't remember where you saw the interviews where Priscilla said they slept at Graceland? That's ok, because I can't find any either.
Thanks anyway.:D

Suzan
11-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Suzan:
You don't remember where you saw the interviews where Priscilla said they slept at Graceland? That's ok, because I can't find any either.
Thanks anyway.:D

Oh contrare darlin, it's on my website.;) I remember most everything.;) :D Like I said it's on my website.;):D Sorry you couldn't find any interviews.:( ;) Plus I never said I couldn't find the interviews hon, what I said was I mentioned Lisa, in error and I apologized for that. :D I'm sorry post caused confusion.

cameron
11-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Do you mind if I read them?

Suzan
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Do you mind if I read them?

Why would I mind, like I said it's on my website. Enjoy.

cameron
11-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't go to peoples houses until I'm invited .;)
Thanks, I'll look around.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't go to peoples houses until I'm invited .;)
Thanks, I'll look around.

:lmfao: funny. It's a public website dear, on the worldwide net, no invite necessary, I'm sure you (and neither did I) receive an invite to come here.;)

cameron
11-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Actually, I did. Receive an invite .;):D

Suzan
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Actually, I did. Receive an invite .;):D

hmmm...ok :D Good for you. :lmfao:
I find that odd for a public website on the worldwide web...I heard about it and was told to visit by someone, but that hardly constitutes an invite from the admin's or owner.:D But whatever...:lmfao:

cameron
11-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I never said it was from an admin.
I've never went looking for websites. Most of the time they come looking for me. ;):D

Suzan
11-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I never said it was from an admin.
I've never went looking for websites. Most of the time they come looking for me. ;):D

No big deal...doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, I to was told by someone to come here, I just didn't think of it as an invite, two different points of view.:)
That's nice dear. That's usually how it is w/me as well and I've found that to be the case w/my visitors, etc..being online w/the website since 1999(I've actually been online since '94) you hear about a lot of other sites.:D That is what is so great about a public place, a worldwide web.:D(y)

But that is neither here nor there, we're off topic.:D

And yes both women slept and stayed upstairs at Graceland til shortly after aunt Delta's passing...again documented, interview on my site w/one of those documents. All anyone needs to do is a little research and asking around.;)

cameron
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Actually Suzan , This thread is about Your Wishes For Graceland.
I cetainly hope it's more pleasant there than it is here. ;)

Suzan
11-09-2007, 05:33 PM
My apologies...:lmfao::lmfao::doh:

My wishes for Graceland, is that it stays in the family, and that it is loved the way Elvis loved it, along w/what I've posted prior.:D

Things are quite pleasant I think...we create the situation, our actions garner reactions so if things not comfy we need to look to ourselves.;)

cameron
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm quite comfortable, thanks. Sure I'd enjoy Graceland itself more though.
Should be getting the Christmas decorations up soon.
I wish peace to all the world .Both here and to all countries. (y)(y)

Suzan
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Nov. 23 to be exact.:D:D:D:D
Peace on Earth.

Tommy
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Please get back on topic!

Thank you.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Please get back on topic!

Thank you.