PDA

View Full Version : Response from Sillerman's company re: Zippin Pippin

Suzan
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Your message to our parent company CKX was forwarded here to the home office
of Elvis Presley Enterprises (EPE) in Memphis for reply.

We don't anticipate seeking to purchase the Zippin' Pippin', but we are
confident that the powers that be will see to the preservation of this
historic Memphis Fairgrounds/Libertyland ride.

Thanks & best.

presley31
11-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting suzann.

Suzan
11-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Your welcome.

Diane
11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Good to hear that Suzan, thanks for posting. I sure would hate to see that Zippin Pippin end up on the trash pile. :'(

Diane

keke23
11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
This makes sense.

The latest word on the Pippin is that it's been approved by the city to preserve it and the carousel.

There's still hope to save Libertyland as well.

I was told that there won't be any push now to ask Sillerman and/or EPE to help save it as it's now saved from bein sold to the person who purchased it durin an acution of the rides.

Suzan
11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Good to hear that Suzan, thanks for posting. I sure would hate to see that Zippin Pippin end up on the trash pile. :'(

Diane

Your very welcome.:D
I agree, it would be a shame as it was Elvis' favorite ride and one of the last rides he and Lisa rode on their night out to Libertyland on Aug. 8th of '77 (or thereabouts).

Really? Where did you hear that Lakeisha? I will call my contact woman and find out what she knows, she's the one behind the push to save it. :)

malc07
11-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Hope they dont demolish it...
signed yr guestbook Suzanne.cool site

ms_epblvd
11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Cool site! Good Job!

Suzan
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Thank you very much Malc and Moodyblue, truly appreciated!:D:D:D:D:D
I am working on more movies and transcripts and I so need to get gallery up again, a few sections open but this is longest it's been down (gallery crashed multi times on me since I changed format).

keke23
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Your very welcome.:D
I agree, it would be a shame as it was Elvis' favorite ride and one of the last rides he and Lisa rode on their night out to Libertyland on Aug. 8th of '77 (or thereabouts).

Really? Where did you hear that Lakeisha? I will call my contact woman and find out what she knows, she's the one behind the push to save it. :)

It was on the news here and in the CA a few weeks ago.

elvis himselvis
11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Lisa would buy it for us fans???:D

Suzan
11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Hmmm I don't remember hearing about it here in So. Cali, we were too busy w/the fires.

Either way, this is the OFFICIAL word from both Sillerman and EPE and I will call my contact who is trying to preserve the Pippin and ask her what the current situation is. I have also in a prev. thread posted both her blog and email for those that would like to reach her, but she did not want me to post her phone number.