PDA

View Full Version : Elvis - E! True Hollywood story...

franny
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Has anyone seen this? I haven't, but I just wondered how good it was and how much truth there was to it?

Where can I get a dvd copy?

franny

cameron
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I don't where you can get a copy,but I saw it.

IF it's the one I'm thinking of; that's the one that made Lisa so mad.
I don't blame her for hating those guys.
Of course, they've said and done much worse since then.

MissyM
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Cameron, you are opening up the MM can of worms again. You know that right?

JDD
11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Franny I've seen it. I don't see a lot in it that doesn't match up with what i've read or heard 100 times before. Which most likely makes it true. Where there is smoke , there is some kind of fire. Sadly it has a lot of ugly stuff in it most people here wouldn't like.

cameron
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Is that against the rules, Missy? ?
I don't like many of them, true. But, they've had their 30 years .
IMO, it's now Lisa's turn.:hmm:

Awickedreigndrop
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't where you can get a copy,but I saw it.

IF it's the one I'm thinking of; that's the one that made Lisa so mad.
I don't blame her for hating those guys.
Of course, they've said and done much worse since then.

I read in her interview in RollingStone(I think it was RollingStone) that, that program is what caused Lisa to write "Nobody Noticed". Because all the things people was saying about Elvis. Granted, he had his bad side but what daughter want to sit and listen over and over again what bad things her dead father had done in his life?

Suzan
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I've seen it, waste of airspace. I was po'd I could not believe some of the things they were saying. I taped it thinking it was going to be good.
I fully understand Lisa being angry and upset and losing sleep over it.

samiam125
11-04-2007, 11:13 PM
If it's the one I am thinking of, they showed it on E Television here the night of his 30th Anniversary. I only got to see a little bit of it and I thought that it was bad taste because what I did see was people highlighting the bad stuff... no-one seemed to be celebrating him.

(n)

Suzan
11-04-2007, 11:29 PM
If it's the one I am thinking of, they showed it on E Television here the night of his 30th Anniversary. I only got to see a little bit of it and I thought that it was bad taste because what I did see was people highlighting the bad stuff... no-one seemed to be celebrating him.

(n)

That's the one. :(

They played it for the 30th? Wow classy on E television's part, NOT! Much better ways to commemorate the man and his contributions.

samiam125
11-05-2007, 12:05 AM
They played it for the 30th? Wow classy on E television's part, NOT! Much better ways to commemorate the man and his contributions.

Yeah that's what I thought! I hadn't seen it before so when I saw it was on I thought "Great, something special to mark today".. little did I know...

:angry:

Stryx
11-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Is that against the rules, Missy? ?
I don't like many of them, true. But, they've had their 30 years .
IMO, it's now Lisa's turn.:hmm:

It's Lisa's turn to stop being a spoilt brat....to maybe listen to her fathers friends and maybe have something to do with her fathers family.

Lisa seriously sucks as a daughter and her treatment of Billy Smith is testimony to that.

As well as the fact that her mother and herself have excluded nearly everyone Elvis had around him....that includes family and friends.

cameron
11-05-2007, 04:03 AM
IMO, Elvis had no friends and very little family is left.

Stryx
11-05-2007, 04:07 AM

Thats your opinion.

Wonder why Elvis had those around him for all those around him for all those years. Before and after the girls.

Your opinion....my opinion Elvis kept his friends with him, and Billy is still around.

:D

cameron
11-05-2007, 05:08 AM
IMO, A much better DVD/CD. Some real friends .(y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO59Cz5Q2M

Getlo
11-05-2007, 05:14 AM
that's the one that made Lisa so mad.
I don't blame her for hating those guys. Of course, they've said and done much worse since then.

Here we go again ... ! ;)

I don't like many of them, true. But, they've had their 30 years.

And they are entitled to 30 more years of telling their stories! The vast majority of what the MM have said over the years is the truth!

No friends? :doh: :doh: :doh: That bizarre statement just takes the cake; it really does. I simply have no words ...

Getlo
11-05-2007, 05:15 AM
It's Lisa's turn to stop being a spoilt brat....to maybe listen to her fathers friends and maybe have something to do with her fathers family. Lisa seriously sucks as a daughter and her treatment of Billy Smith is testimony to that.As well as the fact that her mother and herself have excluded nearly everyone Elvis had around him....that includes family and friends.

Yep! (y) (y) (y)

Stryx
11-05-2007, 05:18 AM
IMO, A much better DVD/CD. Some real friends .(y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO59Cz5Q2M

Matter of opinion.

All the Kings Men has people who were around Elvis a lot more than those on Behind The Image.

Go with All The Kings Men!

cameron
11-05-2007, 05:23 AM
I still wonder why anyone would come to an Elvis site ,just to put him down.
There's plenty of people that do that already.
Believe the trash because Elvis is not here to speak for himself.
Pretty silly ,IMO. Guess that makes some peoples day.
and makes them feel better about themselves ??

Getlo
11-05-2007, 05:25 AM

To believe most of what the MM say is not to put the man down. Nor is an acknowlegement of his drug use, infidelities or anything else.

You seriously need to rethink your definition of "trash".

Stryx
11-05-2007, 05:31 AM
There's plenty of people that do that already.
Believe the trash because Elvis is not here to speak for himself.
Pretty silly ,IMO. Guess that makes some peoples day.
and makes them feel better about themselves ??

What about the freedom to have an opinion without putting it down.

Practice what you preach chap.

cameron
11-05-2007, 05:33 AM
I think most of us should re-evaluate just what we think we know.
Not take anyones word on anything, since stories change to sell their books .

Stryx
11-05-2007, 05:36 AM
I think most of us should re-evaluate just what we think we know.
Not take anyones word on anything, since stories change to sell their books .

You continue to think that.

Now....lets move on

Unchained Melody
11-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Well first of all theres two different documentaries of Elvis E! True Hollywood Story. Theres "The Final Days Of Elvis" and "Elvis In HollyWood". I have both of these on vcd and enjoy them very much. Although On the Final Days vcd it tends to focus on all the negatives of Elvis in the later years, but still very interesting.

Getlo
11-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Although On the Final Days vcd it tends to focus on all the negatives of Elvis in the later years, but still very interesting.

Unfortunately, there are many fans who think "negatives" automatically means "lies" ... but that is not the case.

cameron
11-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Unfortunately, there are some people that believe anything "negative" is "truth. "

Unchained Melody
11-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately, there are many fans who think "negatives" automatically means "lies" ... but that is not the case.

I agree Getlo. To me, i found it to be very believable..just my opinion though.;)

Getlo
11-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Unfortunately, there are some people that believe anything "negative" is "truth. "

In most cases, it is. So what's your point?

cameron
11-05-2007, 06:05 AM
My point would be; look further to others opinions .not just the negative or the positive. Until one hears all sides ,there really is nothing to give an opinion about. The MM just got their stories started sooner . They had to cover their own behinds .

Getlo
11-05-2007, 06:16 AM
My point would be; look further to others opinions .not just the negative or the positive.

Okay, so I'll look beyond the negative and the positive.

Doesn't leave much else to choose from then, does it? ;)

presley31
11-05-2007, 06:19 AM
I read in her interview in RollingStone(I think it was RollingStone) that, that program is what caused Lisa to write "Nobody Noticed". Because all the things people was saying about Elvis. Granted, he had his bad side but what daughter want to sit and listen over and over again what bad things her dead father had done in his life?

That was indeed the show where lisa got all mad. I agree that was the a terrible show.

cameron
11-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Okay, so I'll look beyond the negative and the positive.

Doesn't leave much else to choose from then, does it? ;)

Only the truth .;) There should be an in between...and usually is, I've found.

jak
11-05-2007, 06:35 AM
The show certainly doesnt have an uplifting tone but you have to look at the subject matter.The final days.Not a great time for him.I think it all boils down to the reality of Elvis' life not matching what the fans wanted it to be.They want the Elvis they get on album covers.Happy and majestic, looking like the king.I think the final days were awfully grim.I dont know of many positive things happening for him around that time.Personally and escpecially professionally.The E program just reflected that.
Jak

Getlo
11-05-2007, 06:35 AM
There should be an in between...

"... there's no in-between,
You're either with it all the way,
Or you've blown the scene."

:harhar:

ksimms2
11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
The show certainly doesnt have an uplifting tone but you have to look at the subject matter.The final days.Not a great time for him.I think it all boils down to the reality of Elvis' life not matching what the fans wanted it to be.They want the Elvis they get on album covers.Happy and majestic, looking like the king.I think the final days were awfully grim.I dont know of many positive things happening for him around that time.Personally and escpecially professionally.The E program just reflected that.
Jak

good point jak. I don't know if I've seen it - I have the DVD, "The Final Chapter" or something to that effect - is that same thing? With Joe E. and Sheila Ryan,etc.? Either way - I'm not getting in the middle of this arguement again - you all know how I feel about the MM and this subject. No sense butting heads on it. :doh:

Stryx
11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
"... there's no in-between,
You're either with it all the way,
Or you've blown the scene."

:harhar:

Getlo he's like a dog with a bone and won't let go!

Perhaps we should refer to the man who has found the middle ground in the Elvis world our very own TCB-World.com Cameron for all further questions regarding Elvis!

Give me a break!!

cameron
11-05-2007, 06:49 AM
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.”
Quote Elvis Presley.

Getlo
11-05-2007, 07:07 AM
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” Quote Elvis Presley.

Hmmm ... I've seen this quote listed only on those rather innocuous websites that list supposed quotes from people - and always without an acknowledged source.

So I'd be very interested to hear where Elvis said this.

Was it in the aforementioned E! True Hollywood Story perhaps?

Nah ...

cameron
11-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Since Elvis loved reading books on philosophy and religion; he may have said it or not. I leave it up to each to decide .;)
http://www.truthseek.net/

Getlo
11-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I leave it up to each to decide .;)

I do not need a psuedo-religious website to help me decide anything, thank you.

And if Elvis "may have said (this quote) or not", then don't presume to list it as an actual quote; this is very misleading to say the least.

presley31
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Since Elvis loved reading books on philosophy and religion; he may have said it or not. I leave it up to each to decide .;)

Thank you cameron for the link(y)

cameron
11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I do not need a psuedo-religious website to help me decide anything, thank you.

And if Elvis "may have said (this quote) or not", then don't presume to list it as an actual quote; this is very misleading to say the least.

I find "many things misleading" . But, I don't jump on anyone for relating it.
I'm smart enough to decide for myself. (y)

franny
11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks, everyone for all your answers! :clap:
I hope I can find it somewhere, I'm interested in seeing it! (y)

franny

Stryx
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes do watch.

Some would have you not do it....but than again you should decide for yourself and not be swayed by people who don't view everything and then make a decision.

franny
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I would love to watch it, but I have to find it first! :lol:
Could you please tell me where I can get it? I would like to see both stories!

I can watch the good with the bad, I think we al love Elvis for who he was! (y)

I don't love him any less, just because he had faults, we all do! ;)

franny

presley31
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O8Ku4JP5L6A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0K0PbQr0J8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfVR-uQgwdg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_OH2W3GeXrI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3H9Fnd65wtY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9atIMKguIA

I think this is the one that was on t.v. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than some of us did.

SweetCaroline
11-05-2007, 11:52 AM

I totally agree.

ksimms2
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Thank you Jen for posting those 6 parts from youtube - I've got them saved and am going to watch when I get home...I can't wait....the bits I've seen from each portion so far look so, so sad. Gives me chills just watching it.....

R.I.P. Elvis....we love you!

ms_epblvd
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Nothing from E True Hollywood stories is good about any star. All that station does is dwell on infidelities, drugs and abuse. Dont bother with it.

Miss Clawdy
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Hard to believe I think :blink:
IMO so many friends tell the same stories, why should they all lie? And where are the other people who tell the 'positive' stories? :doh:

Burning_Love
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I watched it before i went on holiday to Graceland in 2005, and thought it was pretty good. But if i watched it now, i am not sure.
But then i liked it !!

cameron
11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Hard to believe I think :blink:
IMO so many friends tell the same stories, why should they all lie? And where are the other people who tell the 'positive' stories? :doh:

There are some out here. They just don't get as much publicity as the others. Doesn't sell as well.
Plus, I'm not saying the others are all lies. Some exaggerated . Some just"never happened." Some things are true. Just have to go through it all.

Suzan
11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
You continue to think that.

Now....lets move on

(y)

Both shows had interesting things, I just didn't care for the Final Days one, I have it on vhs, and someone mentioned that they played it again for the 30th...which, from it's negative tone (focusing much more on the bad then the good) I don't think it was a good way to commemorate the man and I think, espescially Lamar, had some very nasty things to say, which they could be true or not, point being, wonder if he'd like the ghosts in his closet let out in the open? And they did try to strip Elvis of his dignity...:(

Suzan
11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah that's what I thought! I hadn't seen it before so when I saw it was on I thought "Great, something special to mark today".. little did I know...

:angry:

I know right, they could have shown so many other well made documentaries on him.

True Moodyblue, they don't ever have anything nice to say about a star, even the one on Lisa wasn't good, for the most part.

Stryx...I agree to an extent, she should be more involved, be there for the important events, like Graceland being placed on landmark, etc...instead of Pris., Pris needs to be removed alltogether (IMO). I think Lisa wants to so badly make her own thumbprint that she's completely removed herself from most things Elvis. Though I am thankful she was there for the 25th and the 30th.. Also she's had 30 yrs. of her mom's influence and God only knows what Pris did say to her (by her own acct. (Pris) she didn't speak very much to LIsa about her dad and what she did speak of was the drugs and the women)...I hope you know what I'm trying to say? lol
I love Lisa I think she's doing the best she can.

franny
11-05-2007, 04:09 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O8Ku4JP5L6A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0K0PbQr0J8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfVR-uQgwdg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_OH2W3GeXrI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3H9Fnd65wtY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9atIMKguIA

I think this is the one that was on t.v. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than some of us did.

Thanks, Jen! I will watch it later! (y)

franny

Unchained Melody
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Jak

Jak I couldn't have put it any better my friend.:notworthy

The sad thing is, alot of fans I guess don't want to believe alot of the stuff that was in the documentary because its difficult to accept that yes your hero Elvis Presley had alot of problems in his life, and was addicted to pain medication and other substances..especially in the end. But you have to learn to accept it and its part of Elvis..no its not something I want to focus on alot but its still there and its just part of being a fan of his is accepting the fact that he did have problems.

Suzan
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM

The sad thing is, alot of fans I guess don't want to believe alot of the stuff that was in the documentary because its difficult to accept that yes your hero Elvis Presley had alot of problems in his life, and was addicted to pain medication and other substances..especially in the end. But you have to learn to accept it and its part of Elvis..no its not something I want to focus on alot but its still there and its just part of being a fan of his is accepting the fact that he did have problems.

I don't for one second see him as some demi God w/o faults, I am perfectly aware of his downfalls, prescription drugs and all, but I found it inappropriate for airing for a 30th anniversary...and though very well could be that ALL of it was true what Fike was saying, it didn't need to be aired out like that, I highly doubt Fike would want such revelations about himself, for his kids to hear, or his grandkids, and I don't think any of us here would want all our ghosts out in the open, I don't see why Elvis should be any different in that regard.:)

Suzan
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
And I agree a million times over w/what Lisa said about this program. And yes Elvis always wanted his dignity, and they did try to take that away....for that I dislike them (not Billy, he tried to steer clear of that talk).

pelytcb
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I watched "the final years of Elvis" years ago but i donīt remember it very well :doh: but i do remember that i didnīt like it very much... it saddened me....:'( , maybe if i watch it now it would be different because i "know" the bad side of Elvis(we all have one...) and i accept it (y) that wonīt change my love :hug: i grew up a little bit :P

sorry for my english (sometimes i canīt express myself very well in this lenguage because i sucksss in english!!!!!!): blush:

cameron
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree with you, Suzan !! It gets very tiresome hearing people say that !!
Not one fan I know thinks Elvis was a god !! Not one fan I know doesn't know Elvis' faults !! Not one denies a thing.
It just would be considerate to show something else, IMO.
And NO !! I don't think it should have been aired publicly in the first place ....
What family member wants to see this trash?
Those people were not friends, IMO, but leeches .

cameron
11-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I watched "the final years of Elvis" years ago but i donīt remember it very well :doh: but i do remember that i didnīt like it very much... it saddened me....:'( , maybe if i watch it now it would be different because i "know" the bad side of Elvis(we all have one...) and i accept it (y) that wonīt change my love :hug: i grew up a little bit :P

sorry for my english (sometimes i canīt express myself very well in this lenguage because i sucksss in english!!!!!!): blush:

Your English is fine. Nice to meet you.:)

franny
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Thanks, for your reply pelytcb! (y) Welcome to TCB! :clap:

I'm interested in seeing this, but I wish someone could tell me where I could get it! :hmm:

Your english is great (y) and no way does it suck! :)

cheers,
franny

Diane
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree with all of you. This trash has been aired for 30 years now. It's not like the whole world doesn't already know it and it's gotten pretty tiresome. The anniversary was a very poor time to air something like that....yet again! (n)(n)

Diane

Unchained Melody
11-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I do agree with you all that showing it on the 30th anniversary was not a good idea. It's sad that they (MM) would want to tell all of this for a tv documentary, you would think they'd have enough loyalty and respect for their boss (But more their FRIEND) Elvis that they would've kept all those stories to themselves. But I guess with old age those guys are needing money so money obviously wins over friendship sadly.

cameron
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM

You say two different things. I have nothing to add!!

pelytcb
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM

I'm interested in seeing this, but I wish someone could tell me where I could get it! :hmm:

cheers,
franny

thank you!!:hug:

ksimms2
11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I just watched all 6 parts that Jen posted the links for - I have to say - I don't see where it was so bad. It talked about the last 24 hours pretty much and about the Colonel and Elvis health....touched a bit on the pills....but I don't see where it was so bad.....what it was is darn sad.......you could see they all cared for him very much......

presley31
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I just watched all 6 parts that Jen posted the links for - I have to say - I don't see where it was so bad. It talked about the last 24 hours pretty much and about the Colonel and Elvis health....touched a bit on the pills....but I don't see where it was so bad.....what it was is darn sad.......you could see they all cared for him very much......

hope you made some popcorn too:lmfao::lmfao:

Guess everyone has there own opinions on this show.

franny
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM

I agree, Kelly! I didn't think it was so bad, either! They all talked about how they felt about Elvis and how they wish he would have stopped the pills and changed his life around!

I thought it was sad...:'(

Thanks, again Jen for posting the links!

franny

cameron
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM

The links she had are The Last 24 Hours.
Most of us are talking about The Last Days of Elvis...
At least I am....they're two different documentaries .

presley31
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
The links she had are The Last 24 Hours.
Most of us are talking about The Last Days of Elvis...
At least I am....they're two different documentaries .

when l posted the links, l wasnt sure, but the E hollywood story l can't find
on youtube. BTW cameron l do have a name.

cameron
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry, Presley .....I forgot your name .:blush:or actually who posted it.
I just wanted to get this corrected as I know how people get so upset.
I saw that one too, and it wasn't as bad.
There are a few more here:http://www.elvisinfonet.com/lasthours.html

Thanks for finding all that. I looked for the other one and couldn't find it.
After there was such a big fuss made when it was aired, I'm never seen it again.
The Last Days of Elvis. You'll have to check with the others to be sure we're all talking about the same documentary

presley31
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
l thought youtube would have it but l can't find it anywhere. Its ok to about the name thing.

cameron
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I think that fellow named Brad said he had it on DVD or something.
But, truthfully, I've never seen it anywhere since it aired . You might ask him.

Lisa has raised a big fuss about it as well as the fans. I just assumed they'd gotten rid of it. I hope it's all straightened out now.
Sorry about your name. I had forgotten who posted the links . :'(

Getlo
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I fail to see what all the fuss is about these documentaries. I've seen both, and there is nothing in either of them that offends me.

Whilst some of the contents may be unpalatable, it is basically the truth. And I'd take a dose of hard truth over sweet, saccharine, made-up "positive" stories any day.

Awickedreigndrop
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM

cheers,
franny

Did you try E!'s website?

Unchained Melody
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes Cameron I have it on a vcd set buddy(y)..half on one and the rest is on the other disc..

But the docuementary is a alltime favorite of mine ever since I first seen it air on E! I have always enjoyed it..nothing that offends me, just always found it to be interesting..;)

franny
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Did you try E!'s website?

I did try it, but it fails to mention where one can get it!
Thanks, for your reply! (y) Sorry, I'm just responding now, but I just saw this..

franny

franny
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes Cameron I have it on a vcd set buddy(y)..half on one and the rest is on the other disc..

But the docuementary is a alltime favorite of mine ever since I first seen it air on E! I have always enjoyed it..nothing that offends me, just always found it to be interesting..;)

Brad, which one do you have, since there's two of them? :lol:

franny

Unchained Melody
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
It's The Last Day's Of Elvis I have Franny on vcd (y)

I sadly don't have the last 24 hours:(

franny
11-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Brad! (y)

Jen, posted the links to the Last 24 hours, it's sad...:'(
If, you get a chance watch it, it's six parts!

franny

Unchained Melody
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Alright, I will when I get the time. Eventually I'll get it on dvd.

tlcElvis
11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I get the documentaries confused but there is one where Lamar claims that Elvis didn't bathe regularly. He goes on to say that you could smell him a mile away. I saw a more recent interview with Lamar (can't remember where) and he said the documentary was edited unfairly. He did say that Elvis didn't bathe regularly but when he said that you could smell him a mile away, he was referring to his cologne. The editing process made it sound like he was saying that you could smell him a mile away because he didn't bathe regularly. Regardless of the editing, I think it was in poor taste for Lamar to comment on this matter at all. I think Lisa Marie was right in saying they were trying to take her father's dignity.

KPM
11-07-2007, 06:33 PM
IMO-I've said it before-the story in videos and books like this are shaped by how the subject is described. If you you use the harshest adjectives- the subject seems worse and more sensational. If you choose moderate adjectives the subject is then tempered and less sensational.
The story tellers and writers choose the adjectives.
In all these "tell all videos and books" a path is chosen from the start and the subject is described in a fashion to follow that path.
Depending on which path the tellers take (negative or positive), some stories will be highlighted and stressed- others will not be told at all. Balance is not a prerequisite for most of these projects.
Two people can describe the same scene and it can sound absolutely like two different happenings-just in the way they describe it.

utmom2008
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
I get the documentaries confused but there is one where Lamar claims that Elvis didn't bathe regularly. He goes on to say that you could smell him a mile away. I saw a more recent interview with Lamar (can't remember where) and he said the documentary was edited unfairly. He did say that Elvis didn't bathe regularly but when he said that you could smell him a mile away, he was referring to his cologne. The editing process made it sound like he was saying that you could smell him a mile away because he didn't bathe regularly. Regardless of the editing, I think it was in poor taste for Lamar to comment on this matter at all. I think Lisa Marie was right in saying they were trying to take her father's dignity.
:lol: Lamar looks like he would smell like..........? I'll let you fill in the blank. What a jerk he must be.....

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:11 AM
:lol: Lamar looks like he would smell like..........? I'll let you fill in the blank. What a jerk he must be.....

l agree(y)(y)

Getlo
11-08-2007, 07:20 AM

l agree(y)(y)

That's right; make fun of a man who's getting over cancer.

Well, he must be a jerk because he said such "bad" things about Elvis, right?

Why is it that it's okay to make disparaging comments about certain members of the MM or whomever, yet when comments about Elvis' weight, drug abuse etc are posted, some people freak out and say it's not fair to put down a man who's not here?

Lamar's not here to defend himself either!

Burning_Love
11-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I am gona have to agree with Getlo here.

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:23 AM
to each is there own

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
That's right; make fun of a man who's getting over cancer.

Well, he must be a jerk because he said such "bad" things about Elvis, right?

Why is it that it's okay to make disparaging comments about certain members of the MM or whomever, yet when comments about Elvis' weight, drug abuse etc are posted, some people freak out and say it's not fair to put down a man who's not here?

Lamar's not here to defend himself either!

Lamar has said plenty these last 30 years. Elvis hasn't been able to.
To me, that's the difference .

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:35 AM

I agree . (y)

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml

PLAYBOY: There's another song, Nobody Noticed It, that seems like it might be about your dad.

PRESLEY: I wrote that to relieve myself of something I saw on TV about him, on the E! True Hollywood Story. It actually did me in, emotionally, for days. What made me angry was the interviews with the mother****************ers who hung around him. These *****s were so disgusting--they helped him go down and were actually worse than he was. It infuriated me. They were trying to take away his dignity, the one thing that was most important to him. And I needed to strike back at that. I happened to be going to the studio, and I got the melody in my head and started to cry.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Just pathetic ... (n)

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I agree . (y)

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml

PLAYBOY: There's another song, Nobody Noticed It, that seems like it might be about your dad.

PRESLEY: I wrote that to relieve myself of something I saw on TV about him, on the E! True Hollywood Story. It actually did me in, emotionally, for days. What made me angry was the interviews with the mother****************ers who hung around him. These *****s were so disgusting--they helped him go down and were actually worse than he was. It infuriated me. They were trying to take away his dignity, the one thing that was most important to him. And I needed to strike back at that. I happened to be going to the studio, and I got the melody in my head and started to cry.

well said Lisa(y)(y)

Thanks for posting

Getlo
11-08-2007, 07:43 AM
And I needed to strike back at that. I happened to be going to the studio, and I got the melody in my head and started to cry.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Oh, poor, poor Lisa!

Thanks for the posting, it cheered me right up! (y)

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:50 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Oh, poor, poor Lisa!

Thanks for the posting, it cheered me right up! (y)

Glad you enjoyed it. At least I quoted the person that said it.
Think any of us might say the same if talking about our dad.
She lived in all that mess . I totally agree with her .(y)

Getlo
11-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. At least I quoted the person that said it.Think any of us might say the same if talking about our dad.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Even funnier, madam, even funnier.

She lived it?

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

She was a kid. She saw next to nothing. She is a liar and a fraud, and would be an embarrassment to Elvis were he still here.

She is nothing.

presley31
11-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. At least I quoted the person that said it.
Think any of us might say the same if talking about our dad.

l agree, she tells you how she see's it which is awsome. (y)

cameron
11-08-2007, 07:58 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Even funnier, madam, even funnier.

She lived it?

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

She was a kid. She saw next to nothing. She is a liar and a fraud, and would be an embarrassment to Elvis were he still here.

She is nothing.

Sorry, MADAM !!
I disagree. Not sure what you have against childrens memories.
They're smarter and less prejudiced than any adult. IMO.

jak
11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
There is just no way Lisa remembers all she thinks she does.At that age she couldnt form opinions either as to people's character.I believe she believes it and that's it.
Jak

presley31
11-08-2007, 08:06 AM
There is just no way Lisa remembers all she thinks she does.At that age she couldnt form opinions either as to people's character.I believe she believes it and that's it.
Jak

jak she was old enough when she saw that hollywood show, and l remember stuff happen to me at four so children do remember if they choose too.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Not sure what you have against childrens memories.

"Memories ...
Pressed between the pages of her mind.
Memories ...
She'll marry Michael Jackson one more time.
Angry thoughts come floating down,
She says the MM are all clowns,
But she was just a pesky little kid.
She wants more fame, but it's not here;
It's just ... a memoreeeeeeeeeee"

The point is she wouldn't have liked the E! True Hollywood Story documentary no matter what was in it!

Her memories are inevitably flawed because of the crap that Cilla has fed her. Understandably, she only wants to believe the best of her dad. But he wasn't the perfect man or daddy she wants.

And can someone explain what was so outrageous about these MM specials anyway?

MissyM
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM
You know what gets to me? How many people have written a book, done an interview, or special about Elvis? How many little details do we right here pick apart? How much exposure did Pricilla herself intitiate about Elvis and has kept it up through the years. And yet, the MM, who spent the most time with him are condemned? I don't get that part. And do you think only the pretty parts would have been left out forever? I don't think so because there is an obsession with Elvis. People inevitably have clamored for more, more, more. One ounce of information would only have lead to more questions and the wanting of answers. We do it everyday here. If there was no market (and we are the market)and need for information and answers, no one could have sold one single book or anything else. It's ok to refer to what the MM says as a reference to prove a point, but not too if it isn't to our liking? I'm sorry but I do not think anyone would have a complete picture of Elvis without the MM. And so many questions would still be left unanswered. I know many people think what they have said is crude. Hate to tell ya, they all were a crude bunch and that included Elvis. As for Lisa and the E-story, maybe she should have actually talked to someone before she went off, because it was highly edited. Maybe for once she should tell how she feels about her mothers actions. Because they have not been exactly pure either. But no, it is the MM that continues to take the heat. No man should be judged by a few things he does in life. It was their life and their story to tell and they had every bit as much right as any others. And they did alot of good too. IMO. Why pretend we hate something we eat up everyday??? Maybe people think they would have or could have done better by Elvis but none of us would have gotten the chance. Why, because they were the chozen. Elvis loved those guys (even if he got mad at them) I don't care for Lisa a whole lot, but I try to keep my tounge in check because Elvis loved her dearly. But that same thing is not done for the MM. And please don't tell me her opinions, memories are not tainted. Don't get me wrong, for the most part I see a lot of good in her. I just think if she is going to vent her piss off, maybe she should "share: why she had been ticked off at her mother so long. Oh wait, they like their privacy.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:26 AM
You know what gets to me? ... Oh wait, they like their privacy.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cameron
11-08-2007, 08:28 AM
"Memories ...
Pressed between the pages of her mind.
Memories ...
She'll marry Michael Jackson one more time.
Angry thoughts come floating down,
She says the MM are all clowns,
But she was just a pesky little kid.
She wants more fame, but it's not here;
It's just ... a memoreeeeeeeeeee"

The point is she wouldn't have liked the E! True Hollywood Story documentary no matter what was in it!

Her memories are inevitably flawed because of the crap that Cilla has fed her. Understandably, she only wants to believe the best of her dad. But he wasn't the perfect man or daddy she wants.

And can someone explain what was so outrageous about these MM specials anyway?

It seems the public did not like that one either. The others, I've never saw her say anything about. Nor have I said anything about the others. "The Last Days of Elvis" was disgusting and uncalled for in most everyones opinion.

Speaking from my knowledge of raising my own children and working with others; kids remember no matter what anyone thinks. ;)

jak
11-08-2007, 08:28 AM
You know what gets to me? How many people have written a book, done an interview, or special about Elvis? How many little details do we right here pick apart? How much exposure did Pricilla herself intitiate about Elvis and has kept it up through the years. And yet, the MM, who spent the most time with him are condemned? I don't get that part. And do you think only the pretty parts would have been left out forever? I don't think so because there is an obsession with Elvis. People inevitably have clamored for more, more, more. One ounce of information would only have lead to more questions and the wanting of answers. We do it everyday here. If there was no market (and we are the market)and need for information and answers, no one could have sold one single book or anything else. It's ok to refer to what the MM says as a reference to prove a point, but not too if it isn't to our liking? I'm sorry but I do not think anyone would have a complete picture of Elvis without the MM. And so many questions would still be left unanswered. I know many people think what they have said is crude. Hate to tell ya, they all were a crude bunch and that included Elvis. As for Lisa and the E-story, maybe she should have actually talked to someone before she went off, because it was highly edited. Maybe for once she should tell how she feels about her mothers actions. Because they have not been exactly pure either. But no, it is the MM that continues to take the heat. No man should be judged by a few things he does in life. It was their life and their story to tell and they had every bit as much right as any others. And they did alot of good too. IMO. Why pretend we hate something we eat up everyday??? Maybe people think they would have or could have done better by Elvis but none of us would have gotten the chance. Why, because they were the chozen. Elvis loved those guys (even if he got mad at them) I don't care for Lisa a whole lot, but I try to keep my tounge in check because Elvis loved her dearly. But that same thing is not done for the MM. And please don't tell me her opinions, memories are not tainted. Don't get me wrong, for the most part I see a lot of good in her. I just think if she is going to vent her piss off, maybe she should "share: why she had been ticked off at her mother so long. Oh wait, they like their privacy.

Excellent post!Youre comments show a lot of common sense and understanding I dont often see.
Jak

presley31
11-08-2007, 08:31 AM

I don't think priscilla was a good mother but however Lisa would never say a bad thing about priscilla, why would she hurt her mother?? she isn't spiteful like her mother has been at times. Just cause some like the mm doesn't mean the rest of us have to and enjoy what they have to say about elvis. EVERYONE IS ENTILED TO THERE OWN OPINION!!!!!

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:32 AM
"The Last Days of Elvis" was disgusting and uncalled for in most everyones opinion.

Perhaps most everyone that you spoke to.

And why exactly was this one so bad, IYO?

presley31
11-08-2007, 08:33 AM
It seems the public did not like that one either. The others, I've never saw her say anything about. Nor have I said anything about the others. "The Last Days of Elvis" was disgusting and uncalled for in most everyones opinion.

Speaking from my knowledge of raising my own children and working with others; kids remember no matter what anyone thinks. ;)

well said Cameron(y)(y)

cameron
11-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I think it's simply because the MM have put themselves out front as the ;be all, know all of Elvis Presley as some try to do here.
Sorry, but there were other people in his life, believe it or not.

As for Lisa and her mother. I've read about her problems with her .
It's been discussed and is a part of my reasons for not caring for Priscilla.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:37 AM
IJust cause some like the mm doesn't mean the rest of us have to and enjoy what they have to say about elvis. EVERYONE IS ENTILED TO THERE OWN OPINION!!!!!

That's kind of the point here.

There are some fans - several on this forum - who continually bash the MM ... while many, by their own admission, haven't even read What Happened, or Sonny's latest book, or Revelations etc.

They are bashing them just for the sake of bashing.

Same with the Goldman book. "Oh, it was awful", they moan. But did all of them read it? No.

cameron
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM

It seems you never noticed . No sense trying to explain, it is afterall, my opinion and evidently the mass media and Elvis fans. It's not for sale.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I think it's simply because the MM have put themselves out front as the ;be all, know all of Elvis Presley as some try to do here.

You make it sound as if this was intentional on their part! But it is only your inferring their statements as being be all, know all.

They may not be "know all", but they were "know most" ... and certainly "know more than Cilla and Lisa put together".

I would rather trust the stories of the MM (99% of whom knew and lived with Elvis much longer than Priscilla, and of course infinitely longer than Lisa "know-it-all-seen-in-all-pity-me-coz-I'm-so-lonely-without-my-daddy-and-please-buy-my-next-CD" Marie) than most anyone else in Elvis' life.

cameron
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM

There are some fans - several on this forum - who continually bash the MM ... while many, by their own admission, haven't even read What Happened, or Sonny's latest book, or Revelations etc.

Same with the Goldman book. "Oh, it was awful", they moan. But did all of them read it? No.

I have the book, Elvis What Happend. Read it several times over the years . It was done simply because they were mad at getting fired, IMO.
IF done to help EP, they waited a little too long IMO.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
It seems you never noticed . No sense trying to explain, it is afterall, my opinion and evidently the mass media and Elvis fans. It's not for sale.

Never noticed what exactly? Am I expected to divine your precise objections to the special by telepathy?

And the "mass media" didn't like it, eh? I must have missed that then ...

Getlo
11-08-2007, 08:46 AM
I have the book, Elvis What Happend. Read it several times over the years . It was done simply because they were mad at getting fired, IMO.
IF done to help EP, they waited a little too long IMO.

Yeah, yeah, we've been down this track a thousand times before, here and elsewhere.

MM ... What Happened ... money ... revenge ... bad friends ...

Whatever.

presley31
11-08-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Frontrow/5600/translife.html
Interview with lisa and priscilla.

jak
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Elvis did have many others around him besides the MM,but they were the closest.They were privy to what went on behind the closed doors.Elvis always closely guarded his privacy to maintain the image he wanted out in the public.No matter what anybody says those guys saw the real Elvis warts and all.They also saw the good side of him.None of those people have ever said Elvis was a terrible person or someone they didnt like.I believe most were devoted to him all the way until the end.Billy was one of the MM.I believe he is usually held in high regard by most fans that love Elvis.Dont you think he would have spoken out against the others if they were a pack of liars?He backs up their stories.How much proof can you have thrown in your face before you accept it?
Jak

presley31
11-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Elvis did have many others around him besides the MM,but they were the closest.They were privy to what went on behind the closed doors.Elvis always closely guarded his privacy to maintain the image he wanted out in the public.No matter what anybody says those guys saw the real Elvis warts and all.They also saw the good side of him.None of those people have ever said Elvis was a terrible person or someone they didnt like.I believe most were devoted to him all the way until the end.Billy was one of the MM.I believe he is usually held in high regard by most fans that love Elvis.Dont you think he would have spoken out against the others if they were a pack of liars?He backs up their stories.How much proof can you have thrown in your face before you accept it?
Jak

There are lots of fans out there that believe the same thing about the MM and you can't change how people feel, you have to accept it and move on.

Burning_Love
11-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Jak : I totally am in agreement with you on that statement.

And jen, your right, no matter what, you can't change what people think.

MissyM
11-08-2007, 09:25 AM
P-31, I accept it. But now and then, I vent just like other people. I vent my opinion, hope not to insult, and I move on. Hoping they will accept mine as well.

cameron
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
There are lots of fans out there that believe the same thing about the MM and you can't change how people feel, you have to accept it and move on.

Good one, Presley !!(y) I believe we've been told the same about Elvis many times. ;)

The only problem I've ever had with Priscilla was her leaving Lisa so soon after her dad died. I feel Lisa needed her more than ever at that time.
Anything else is immaterial to me. I've said many times; there would be no way to have a marriage in the way they lived.

jak: I do not say everything the MM says is wrong. Therein lies the difference IMO. Some believe everything they say. I don't do that and never will.

presley31
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
P-31, I accept it. But now and then, I vent just like other people. I vent my opinion, hope not to insult, and I move on. Hoping they will accept mine as well.

Of course your going to vent, its more personal to you than the rest of us, but however we should accept each opinions no matter how much we don't like it.

Alessia
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM

Strictly speaking about the E! Special, The Last Days of Elvis, Marty Lacker has spent quite a bit of time on the Internet telling people that he didn't like that special, that it was overly negative, and that his quotes had been taken out of context. If you'd like to know exactly what his opinion is of that one, then go to the newsgroup alt.elvis.king - where he posts regularly - and search for his comments.

How much exposure did Pricilla herself intitiate about Elvis and has kept it up through the years. And yet, the MM, who spent the most time with him are condemned? I don't get that part. And do you think only the pretty parts would have been left out forever? I don't think so because there is an obsession with Elvis. People inevitably have clamored for more, more, more. One ounce of information would only have lead to more questions and the wanting of answers.

Priscilla gets a ton of criticism, by fans and by the MM. And yes, I know it's a back and forth thing with Priscilla, Lisa and the MM, but the idea that she hasn't been criticized is enough to bring me out of lurking, lol. And no, I'm not saying the criticism of her has been in any way unfair, because her book arguably was the worst of all, if you don't like tell-all books.

Tell-all books are the downside of being a celebrity. They've been written about them all - John Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, Cary Grant, John Lennon, Grace Kelly, and so on. No one has to like them, though. Everyone knows that Elvis was addicted to prescription drugs and that the addiction destroyed him. People who can't tell you one song Elvis sang can tell that Elvis was a drug addict and that he died in the bathroom at Graceland. Some people want to know every detail of his downfall, and don't mind the MM discussing his bowel movements and bathing habits. Others think even celebrities have a right to some degree of privacy and that friends (and ex-wives) should respect that.

Different strokes. Being a fan of Elvis and his music doesn't mean you have to like his Memphis Mafia entourage - or his ex-wife and his daughter.

presley31
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Strictly speaking about the E! Special, The Last Days of Elvis, Marty Lacker has spent quite a bit of time on the Internet telling people that he didn't like that special, that it was overly negative, and that his quotes had been taken out of context. If you'd like to know exactly what his opinion is of that one, then go to the newsgroup alt.elvis.king - where he posts regularly - and search for his comments.

Priscilla gets a ton of criticism, by fans and by the MM. And yes, I know it's a back and forth thing with Priscilla, Lisa and the MM, but the idea that she hasn't been criticized is enough to bring me out of lurking, lol. And no, I'm not saying the criticism of her has been in any way unfair, because her book arguably was the worst of all, if you don't like tell-all books.

Tell-all books are the downside of being a celebrity. They've been written about them all - John Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, Cary Grant, John Lennon, Grace Kelly, and so on. No one has to like them, though. Everyone knows that Elvis was addicted to prescription drugs and that the addiction destroyed him. People who can't tell you one song Elvis sang can tell that Elvis was a drug addict and that he died in the bathroom at Graceland. Some people want to know every detail of his downfall, and don't mind the MM discussing his bowel movements and bathing habits. Others think even celebrities have a right to some degree of privacy and that friends (and ex-wives) should respect that.

Different strokes. Being a fan of Elvis and his music doesn't mean you have to like his Memphis Mafia entourage - or his ex-wife and his daughter.

well said Alessia(y)

welcome:clap::clap:

cameron
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Welcome ,Alessia.

I've heard several of the MM didn't approve of The Last Days of Elvis too. It was just a tad too much IMO.

ksimms2
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Well said my friend....well said.....:hug:
I'm tired of the MM taking all the heat for everything.....

presley31
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.elvis.king/topics?hl=en

l think this is the website your talking about Alessia??

ksimms2
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Jak

(y)(y)(y)

My guess is those guys started all this because they had to defend themselves against all the fans who blame them for everything bad in Elvis' life.

Alessia
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.e...g/topics?hl=en

l think this is the website your talking about Alessia??

Yes, that's the one. It used to be a great site, very active with a lot of really knowledgeable posters who had different points of view, but it's really quiet lately.

That's why I'm here, lol. Thanks for welcoming me.

Merry
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM

There are a few presumptions, here :hmm:

Merry
11-08-2007, 02:13 PM
well said Lisa(y)(y)

Thanks for posting

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Don't you love the way Lisa gets her point across? lol (y)

(No, I don't count Billy:hug: in any of this. His love for Elvis is obvious).

Merry
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
(y)
IMO-I've said it before-the story in videos and books like this are shaped by how the subject is described. If you you use the harshest adjectives- the subject seems worse and more sensational. If you choose moderate adjectives the subject is then tempered and less sensational.
The story tellers and writers choose the adjectives.
In all these "tell all videos and books" a path is chosen from the start and the subject is described in a fashion to follow that path.
Depending on which path the tellers take (negative or positive), some stories will be highlighted and stressed- others will not be told at all. Balance is not a prerequisite for most of these projects.
Two people can describe the same scene and it can sound absolutely like two different happenings-just in the way they describe it.

KPM, I'll have to ask you your name, one day? lol.

As always, beautifully stated, and so good to have you here, you say things so well. (y)

Kimmi

Diane
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
It's very nice to have you here Alissia. Your posts are very good, well-written and interesting.(y)

Diane

Getlo
11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
(No, I don't count Billy:hug: in any of this. His love for Elvis is obvious).

So, you dismiss the love for Elvis from the other members of the MM outright then?

utmom2008
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Jak
Sadly....that was very well said Jak

Merry
11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
So, you dismiss the love for Elvis from the other members of the MM outright then?

I don't like your tone.

Have a nice day.

Getlo
11-08-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't like your tone.

It was a straight out question Jess. But if you want to be like that, fine by me. (n)

utmom2008
11-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I know what you mean Kelly. No..it wasn't the most uplifting show I have ever seen, yet it was not as bad as some want to make it out to be. I can't find anything that would make you lose sleep over it :hmm: :hmm:

Getlo
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I can't find anything that would make you lose sleep over it :hmm: :hmm:

Exactly.

And as jak pointed out, none ... none! ... of the MM has ever said Elvis was a bad person or that he was a bastard.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Well said my friend....well said.....:hug:
I'm tired of the MM taking all the heat for everything.....

I'd have to second that, very well said.
Yes it is laughable (to me anyway) that Pris loves her privacy, bans her boyfriends and help from discussing her and her home life, YET, she was right there blabbing about Elvis...gee as far as I can recall he loved his privacy as well.
Lisa I like, and I can only say that she had 9 short years w/him and 30 yrs. w/o him, under the influence of the Beaulieus, nuff said. LOL

Good point Getlo! (y)

cameron
11-09-2007, 03:43 AM
The documentary fans and Lisa were so upset about is not the one some are discussing here ."The Last Days of Elvis" was the one that was so bad. As such; it is no longer available to buy ,unless you can find a used one someplace.Even some of the MM think it was bad.

Burning_Love
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes it is laughable (to me anyway) that Pris loves her privacy, bans her boyfriends and help from discussing her and her home life, YET, she was right there blabbing about Elvis...gee as far as I can recall he loved his privacy as well.
Lisa I like, and I can only say that she had 9 short years w/him and 30 yrs. w/o him, under the influence of the Beaulieus, nuff said. LOL

Good point Getlo! (y)

(y):clap:(y):clap:(y):clap:(y)

presley31
11-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Good point Getlo! (y)

There are fans out there who enjoy hearing priscilla talk about elvis, and Lisa l think rememebers more than you think she does.

Burning_Love
11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I also think that Lisa obviously remembers stuff of her father, but not as much as she makes out. She knows every detail, whereas when i was younger i banged my jaw on doorstep and i was about 4 and i hardly remember it, but it was a big thing as i get told, and now i have braces due to that one bang. And i hardly remember it. So i think Lisa can't know all the details of the stories.

presley31
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I also think that Lisa obviously remembers stuff of her father, but not as much as she makes out. She knows every detail, whereas when i was younger i banged my jaw on doorstep and i was about 4 and i hardly remember it, but it was a big thing as i get told, and now i have braces due to that one bang. And i hardly remember it. So i think Lisa can't know all the details of the stories.

LIsa has said in interviews she rememebers her dad taking pills and about the MM used to have girls on there laps when they all have wives. I can remember things in my childhood from 4 years on cause it wasn't good just like Lisa.

presley31
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
http://elvislightedcan.free-forums.org/elvislightedcan-about2055.html

interview with lisa

Burning_Love
11-09-2007, 09:51 AM
How would a 4 year old child know they were cheating ? I mean, we all have our own opinions.
I guess these questions will never be answerd hey :D:D:D:D

cameron
11-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Lisa was 9 years old when Elvis died. Perhaps she had a few years in there to remember all she seen. Maybe not understanding what was happening until she grew up, although I've read she was a very percosious child. ;)

Merry
11-09-2007, 05:05 PM
(y)
My background, from around four onwards, was a bit unstable.

I remember clearly, all that was happening, my thoughts, impressions, etc. Plane trips, (a cat weeing in the washing basket, lol, mum couldn't believe that I remembered that one as I was very young; a horrible baby sitter, all that went along with those incidences) personal family challenges, other peoples' troubles.

You know, some children do know what is going on, at that age, in my opinion. Lisa was an only child, as was I. We are more involved (or observant) with the adults, because of this. However, obviously, each child is different, developed ahead in some ways, some are not. That said, my son doesn't remember things, as he is developed in his way, lol (y). Everyone is different.

Lisa's communication skills are very good. The way she gets her point across is very good. This also shows in her lyrics, and her people handling skills, as an adult. I remember watching an interview with Cilla, she described how proud she was of Lisa with her English comprehension, with something she wrote, at some stage.

This all makes perfect sense to me, that Lisa does remember.

Kim (y)

Merry
11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Lisa was 9 years old when Elvis died. Perhaps she had a few years in there to remember all she seen. Maybe not understanding what was happening until she grew up, although I've read she was a very percosious child. ;)

LOL, Lisa described herself as a child, very plainly in an interview, I burst out laughing.

I agree too, re understanding more, when you grow up.

Getlo
11-09-2007, 05:12 PM
There are a few presumptions, here :hmm:

I don't ever make presumptions, thank you.

Go back through the threads; there are those who bash the MM who have never read their books.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
LOL P31 I never said Lisa didn't remember, if you recall my previous statements, I have always maintained that she remembers her father well, and more then she's given credit for. :D All I meant was that she had 30 yrs. of her mother's influence and as you yourself have said, her story varies (Lisa's).
And though I to enjoy both listening and reading Pris' acct.(s)...they have changed over the years so she is not the credible source she could have otherwise been had she kept her story straight and honest.:D

Suzan
11-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Go back through the threads; there are those who bash the MM who have never read their books.

(y)(y)

I love it when people put words in my mouth or misconstrue what I've said or simply don't understand what I'm trying to say. Either because of my not being able to communicate it properly or they don't read all the way through, but it does get to be a bit much. Ah well such is life on a forum.:D

Getlo
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Either because of my not being able to communicate it properly or they don't read all the way through

I'd suggest it's usually a case of the latter rather than the former.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd suggest it's usually a case of the latter rather than the former.

:hug::hug: thank you!

I LOVE your posts! Truly, you have facts, you back up what you say or can if asked and you are to the point.:D (y):hug:

Merry
11-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Do you include me in this? To whom are you referring?

Merry
11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
(y)(y)

I love it when people put words in my mouth or misconstrue what I've said or simply don't understand what I'm trying to say. Either because of my not being able to communicate it properly or they don't read all the way through, but it does get to be a bit much. Ah well such is life on a forum.:D

I become very upset, watching people say "please leave me alone" and
I don't like being spoken badly, to". "Please don't be so brash".

I care about strangers, not so much myself, not "water off a duck's back" well to some of the fans, it isn't, Suzan. Some people are genuinely upset, then I feel upset for them.

Why divide? Why run down others?

New people join, then leave. Doesn't that worry anyone? :'( I know it does some. It would be great to think of others, not just one's own world. It would certainly be a nicer place, if we did. Wishing you a nice day, I truely, do.

Merry
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I think this thread has gotten way off topic,
as so many seem to do lately. :hmm: (n)

Yes, thank you, Cam.

Kim

franny
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Then, let's all please go back on topic and move on...(y)

Thanks,
franny

cameron
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes, thank you, Cam.

Kim

That was not meant to you, Kim.
It's why I deleted it. Sorry

Suzan
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM

I care about strangers, not so much myself, not "water off a duck's back" well to some of the fans, it isn't, Suzan. Some people are genuinely upset, then I feel upset for them.

New people join, then leave. Doesn't that worry anyone? :'( I know it does some. It would be great to think of others, not just one's own world. It would certainly be a nicer place, if we did. Wishing you a nice day, I truely, do.

It certainly would yes, but as you've witnessed not all do that, they post then they delete. :) I've not run anyone down, I have my opinions just like everyone else...I have as much right to voice mine as they do theirs.
Please show me where I have run down others or said anything negative, unless they've struck first? And yes to me it is water off a ducks back because my life is not controlled by the people here...I do not let their viewpoints upset me or my day.
And the only divide I'm seeing is those made by the one's pointing fingers.:)

Well said franny! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Some just feel they need to put their jibes in and then delet the post to play "victim" and other's jump on the bandwagon w/o knowing the full story or the other person's side. :( That is what is dividing this forum as well. :(
And I don't see anything wrong in what I said, those are my feelings and that has been my experience w/some on this forum.:)

Anyway, franny thankyouverymuch! :D:D:D:D:D:D:hug::hug: well said!

I didn not like this documentary but that is just my opinion.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
BTW if your going to quote a past comment please post the whole context in which I used it, thank you. And I'm truly failing to see what quoting my above post has to do w/other's situation?????? Please enlighten, thanks! :D(y)

Also see my above response in this thread....truly confused w/your intent w/this response.

So as to not confuse, I'm speaking of this:
Please explaiin what your response has to do w/what I said? You may pm so as we stay on topic, thanks.:D (as private matters should be handled if you want to avoid what your saying is the matter w/the forum.:))

Jess
TCB Mafia

Originally Posted by Suzan

I love it when people put words in my mouth or misconstrue what I've said or simply don't understand what I'm trying to say. Either because of my not being able to communicate it properly or they don't read all the way through, but it does get to be a bit much. Ah well such is life on a forum.

New people join, then leave. Doesn't that worry anyone? I know it does some. It would be great to think of others, not just one's own world. It would certainly be a nicer place, if we did. Wishing you a nice day, I truely, do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK TO TOPIC:

I just thought that w/all the great documentaries out there about Elvis (I saw a fantastic British one (I think it was from Britain), that far outdid this one.

cameron
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
What in the world are you doing, Susan?
I'm sorry, none of the conversation you and Getlo are having is on topic.
Now, neither is mine. :'(

Please, stop all this.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 07:13 PM
What in the world are you doing, Susan?
I'm sorry, none of the conversation you and Getlo are having is on topic.
Now, neither is mine. :'(

Please, stop all this.

I've not started anything and I kindly ask that you cease from attempting to pin this on me, thank you. I responded ONCE to his post...hardly constitutes a "conversation". ;)

Excuse me but I'm not the one that went off topic...Jess posted the above and I asked for an explanation PRIVATELY VIA PM to avoid this she made a statement that had ZERO to do w/what my post was. And if you have anything further to say to me I also am requesting you do so via pm otherwise don't address me via threads, thank you.:)
Please stop posting to something not pertaining to you.
And I do believe that he was on topic????? At least to what I responded to.
Thank you kindly. :D

Again I'M GOING BACK ON TOPIC ONE MORE TIME (see my above post):

I did not like this documentary as there are better one's out there, one that stands out was done by (I believe by British station) entitled "Elvis`Memphis Flash the Sun Years" or sun records.

Tommy
11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Please stay on topic!

Thank you.

cameron
11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I do not like this documentary either . Nor most of the posts about same.
Truth told; we're talking about two different documentaries on here
So, it's a moot point. No one is technically "on topic" because no one is talking about the same documentary. :doh:

presley31
11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks you tommy

Suzan
11-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Thank you Mr. Tommy!:hug:

I am talking about E True Hollywood story: the one w/the MM, Billy, Lamar and Lacker (along w/Linda Thompson, etc..)...the one that upset Lisa.
Am saying I didn't care for it, we know his faults, etc...I just think if they wanted to tell that end of it, it should have been more balanced w/the good...given a wider overview of the man rather then focus on the last year or so of his life when we all know things weren't good.

franny
11-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks, Suzan for all the info! :) I appreciate it! (y) (y)

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't sound right to just focus on Elvis' last years...I think to get a clear picture, all aspects of Elvis' life should be shown..

franny

Diane
11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I sure go along with you both Suzan and Franny.(y)(y)

Diane

presley31
11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't like the movie but thats my opinion.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Suzan for all the info! :) I appreciate it! (y) (y)

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't sound right to just focus on Elvis' last years...I think to get a clear picture, all aspects of Elvis' life should be shown..

franny

Your very very welcome, tis nothing.:D:notworthy

Awe thanks Diane and right back at you, I LOVE how you state things...so very well done!(y)

Getlo
11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you include me in this? To whom are you referring?

I don't like your tone.

Have a nice day.

You can't have it both ways, Jess.

When queried, there are one or two MM bashers on here who have said they "don't need" to read the MM's stuff.

Therefore, they do not have the right to criticise the MM.

And no one here has yet responded saying what, specifically, was wrong with the E! documentary.

cameron
11-09-2007, 09:16 PM
You can't have it both ways, Jess.

When queried, there are one or two MM bashers on here who have said they "don't need" to read the MM's stuff.

Therefore, they do not have the right to criticise the MM.

And no one here has yet responded saying what, specifically, was wrong with the E! documentary.

I read all the MM books. I just refuse to buy them.

I don't see any reason to tell you why I don't like that documentary.
You've already said you didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm not here to convince you or anyone else to believe the same as I do.
I thought it was disgusting and gave Elvis no respect; but more so because it was his "friends" that did it. You know what's in it. It made me mad; it didn't you. All that needs to be said, IMO.

Getlo
11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't see any reason to tell you why I don't like that documentary.

Oh, I don't know.

Let's see ... to expand on your thoughts by more than one sentence perhaps ... to keep the thread going ... you know, that sort of thing.

And no, I didn't see anything overly offensive in that program. Hence, my query to others of a different opinion: I wanted to hear what they had to say. It's not rocket science.

KPM
11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Jak
Jak I can only go from personal experience and I can tell you I recall many things from the age of 5 on. IMO To say theres no way someone can recall things from their own childhood -because perhaps you can't from your own is a stretch. IMO
By the same token I can not claim because I recall many things from a young age-Lisa can also. But it is not impossible.
As to peoples character you may not form opinions really at a young age-but IMO you can sense who makes you feel uncomfortable, or who makes you feel safe. She may very well not recall all she says- but she may recalls the feelings (or vibes) she got from many people.

cameron
11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh, I don't know.

Let's see ... to expand on your thoughts by more than one sentence perhaps ... to keep the thread going ... you know, that sort of thing.

And no, I didn't see anything overly offensive in that program. Hence, my query to others of a different opinion: I wanted to hear what they had to say. It's not rocket science.

I'm not here "to keep a thread going."

It must take "rocket science" if one can't understand some don't want to "expand on their thoughts" just to argue about something.
It serves no purpose. I leave those "expanding Thoughts" to others that like that sort of thing.

Suzan
11-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Getlo! :D
Since some madam's don't want to answer, I will say why and what I didn't like about it.
The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Lamar discussing Elvis bathing habits and bathroom habits...though may be true, did not need to be said in such a manner, this was a man who's surgery Elvis paid for, and stayed on the phone the whole time to make sure that Lamar was ok, and for him then to turn and say such things, again irregardless if true or not, just to me, wasn't right.
And to quote Lisa, "All he ever wanted was his dignity and they tried to take that away from him". I agree w/that comment...again I'm not disputing or saying these guys are lying because I do believe much of what they've said, I just don't think this particular topic needed to be brought up...espescially by Lamar Fike.
Also again, well all know that Elvis was not well in his last couple of years, so to hash and dwell on that all the time to me, it makes all the good he did dim, the artist is lost in all that, it's ok for us fans who love the whole picture, but for many non-fans this is fodder to them. I think you know, the books have been written, we know what those guys had to say, leave it at that. :)

I LOVE your responses, so am anxiously awaiting your viewpoint. :D

Getlo
11-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Since some madam's don't want to answer, I will say why and what I didn't like about it.

Thank you; it's not that difficult to grasp the concept of free-flowing discussion.

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Lamar discussing Elvis bathing habits and bathroom habits...though may be true, did not need to be said in such a manner

I can certainly see your point; I guess open discussion about these sorts of things doesn't bother me at all. As long as something is the truth, I want to hear it as I want to know more about the man. But I agree that, for someone who didn't know much of Elvis, seeing this sort of thing in the first instance would distort their opinions.

Personally, I get more angry and offended when I see a 70s concert picture mislabled in a documentary or book. (Even the great Elvis Sessions III book is guilty of that).

And I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that this sort of talk doesn't take away from his dignity (I'm only talking in my eyes here of course, no one else's!) I remember seeing Elvis In Concert for the first time in October 1977: to this day, nothing I have read or heard about Elvis since was as undignified as that hour of television.

But that's just me.

Getlo
11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not here "to keep a thread going."

Then what are you here for?

I leave those "expanding Thoughts" to others that like that sort of thing.

Real-life conversations with you must be interesting then; not getting past one sentence or so.

Seriously, if you're going to post something like you didn't like x or y, or Elvis did this or that, you have to expect that people are going to ask you why you think the way you do, or ask how you came to your conclusions.

Unlike a thread about something specific, eg a concert date or whatever, there is no right or wrong answer as to whether the E! program was good or bad. Responses will be based on people's opinions.

I thought the show was fine; others didn't. So, why wouldn't I - and others - inquire as to their opinions of it?

Are you afraid that if you post the specifics of why you didn't like the show that I will jump all over you for being "wrong"? ;)

cameron
11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Are you trying to make this a challenge to me? Sorry, it's failed.
It appears you and Suzan can keep this thing going.
I'm off to better things. Have a good one. :)

Suzan
11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
:lmfao::lmfao:LOLROF

Aaaahhh flattery.;)

I liked the interview w/Linda, though she gave no new insight, but I in general like her, don't know why, just do. But I think some of what was discussed should not have been for reasons I stated above. :D

KPM
11-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Thank you; it's not that difficult to grasp the concept of free-flowing discussion.

I can certainly see your point; I guess open discussion about these sorts of things doesn't bother me at all. As long as something is the truth, I want to hear it as I want to know more about the man. But I agree that, for someone who didn't know much of Elvis, seeing this sort of thing in the first instance would distort their opinions.

Personally, I get more angry and offended when I see a 70s concert picture mislabled in a documentary or book. (Even the great Elvis Sessions III book is guilty of that).

And I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that this sort of talk doesn't take away from his dignity (I'm only talking in my eyes here of course, no one else's!) I remember seeing Elvis In Concert for the first time in October 1977: to this day, nothing I have read or heard about Elvis since was as undignified as that hour of television.But that's just me.
IMO I did not find it undignified, but it was uncomfortable to watch.
As far as his bathing habits and some of the other "truths" which have been brought to life by the wonder of books, interviews, and videos-I do think somethings do not have to be stressed to understand what is being said.
I pointed out the diaper thing in a few threads. Lamar gave those accounts to Goldman and he ran with it in his book. But in Rev. Of the MM Lamar back peddles some and says the accounts of diapers was exagerrated while Billy Smith says he never wore diapers but had a towel put under him once(or something to that effect) and that Elvis had "one time"messed the bed. So we have some conflict in what a "diaper is" and how often it happened between 2 insiders.
Now my point is that most will not check to see how severe it was-or how often it happened. Nor will they debate "what a diaper is-they will assume he wore regular baby diapers for the last few years of his life. I have seen a skit on I think it was MAD tv which made fun of this idea. Truth is a wonderful thing-but sometimes its not needed to be taken to the limit. Illumination is not always needed on certain topics a few well chosen words can describe the situation with a little couth.

Unchained Melody
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I do not like this documentary either . Nor most of the posts about same.
Truth told; we're talking about two different documentaries on here
So, it's a moot point. No one is technically "on topic" because no one is talking about the same documentary. :doh:

You guys are making this too hard on yourselves :lmfao:

There's only 2 documentarties that have been produced by E!

Those are Elvis, The Final Day's which is what the discussion was about. Because thats where the most shocking things were said about Elvis by the MM...most of which I believe.

Now the other documentary is called "Elvis In Hollywood". Which mostly talks about Elvis' film career and the missed oppurtunties Elvis experienced in Hollywood.

cameron
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.tv.com/e!-true-hollywood-story/the-last-days-of-elvis/episode/186997/summary.html

Last Days of Elvis

http://www.amazon.com/Last-24-Hours-Elvis-Presley/dp/B00067Z2CI

Elvis: The Last 24 Hours

Yes, I know the difference.
It seems some didn't. Thanks, I believe all understand.

franny
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I started this thread, but I didn't know there was two different E! documentaries!
Sorry about that! :blush:

Thanks, Brad for providing the titles! (y) I see they aren't the same titles as cameron is mentioning! :hmm:

cheers,
franny

ksimms2
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Getlo! :D
The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Lamar discussing Elvis bathing habits and bathroom habits...though may be true, did not need to be said in such a manner, this was a man who's surgery Elvis paid for, and stayed on the phone the whole time to make sure that Lamar was ok, and for him then to turn and say such things, again irregardless if true or not, just to me, wasn't right. And to quote Lisa, "All he ever wanted was his dignity and they tried to take that away from him". I agree w/that comment...again I'm not disputing or saying these guys are lying because I do believe much of what they've said, I just don't think this particular topic needed to be brought up...espescially by Lamar Fike.
Also again, well all know that Elvis was not well in his last couple of years, so to hash and dwell on that all the time to me, it makes all the good he did dim, the artist is lost in all that, it's ok for us fans who love the whole picture, but for many non-fans this is fodder to them. I think you know, the books have been written, we know what those guys had to say, leave it at that. :)

I LOVE your responses, so am anxiously awaiting your viewpoint. :D

Suzan, I have not seen it myself yet, but I sure agree with what you have said here. However, I believe they (the MM) said they did not like the progam because the cut alot of stuff out? And just focused on the negative things that were said.....so I can see how this show may have only been about the bad stuff - too bad they didn't leave in everything - to give everyone a different perspective from the MM point of view......does that make sense? :blush:

cameron
11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I never saw it on DVD, only when it aired on TV.
As far I could tell, there was no editing.
But, there should have been.

Alessia
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Suzan, I have not seen it myself yet, but I sure agree with what you have said here. However, I believe they (the MM) said they did not like the progam because the cut alot of stuff out? And just focused on the negative things that were said.....so I can see how this show may have only been about the bad stuff - too bad they didn't leave in everything - to give everyone a different perspective from the MM point of view......does that make sense?

That's what Marty Lacker has said.

But it was an E! True Story - sensationalism is what they're all about. It's not like they pretend to be PBS.