PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a period of listening the same Elvis songs???

elvis himselvis
11-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone hear just as me,have that you are listening to one song and you can hear that song the whole day for weeks??Or listening to an album and only listening that album for a couple of days??
I have that,and right on this moment,I'm really crazy about the 4 CD Box from Elvis Live in Las Vegas...Only performances of Elvis in Las Vegas,but from all different years...I love it!!!
Somebody else here on TCB WORLD have this,and what are you listening alot this time...????
:king:

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I know exactly what you mean buddy!!!

Right now I am listening alot to the studio material from '70-'73 at the moment, and also have been playing alot of 1976 concerts..sometimes it will be only a few days or it could be weeks..one things for sure, it never gets old.

Burning_Love
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Yup ! I'm right there with you !
I listened to the Elvis album "Suspicious minds" over and over for like 2 months, never got boring, still doesn't.
And songs, the ones i love, i try not to listen to them too much, because i do get bored, so i listen to them only sometimes.
But i know what you mean !

SleepyJack
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I`ve suffered from this condition now for over 26 years!....well,not much suffering involved really!...it`s one of the more pleasant disorders you can get!...For the past ten days or so I`ve been listening to The Complete `50s Masters....Rockin` good time!.......Then it could all change in a Memphis flash and I`ll be obsessing with the late `60s or something!!!....

elvis himselvis
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean buddy!!!

Right now I am listening alot to the studio material from '70-'73 at the moment, and also have been playing alot of 1976 concerts..sometimes it will be only a few days or it could be weeks..one things for sure, it never gets old.

I'm listening alot to the Promised Land and Raised on Rock album from the stax sessions last week...and as said before,it never gets bored.

ksimms2
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
yes, each CD I've bought, I've done that with because I couldn't get enough. "Live in Las Vegas" "Live in Madison Sq Gardens" "30 #1 Hits" "2nd to None" "The Essential Elvis Presley 2 CD Set" "Elvis Live In Concert" (from 1977) I just got off Ebay can't stop playing it over and over.....lol I have alot more CD's.....but giving you an idea of what I mean.

Diane
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
For a long time I played "Amazing Grace" over and over, then I got "Elvis Country" and did the same with that one. Now I'm wearing out "Suspicious MInds". :D

Diane

SeeSeeRider777
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I could listen to the Aloha CD for the whole day w/o it getting boring. Also I like listening to Return to Sender over and over.

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Hmm...Return To Sender..one of the best tunes to come out from the 60's era..in my opinion anyways;).

ElvisChick
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
For some reason i can not stop listening to It Aint No Big Thing (But Its Growin'). I have listened to it for about a month now and it never gets old!!:D

samiam125
11-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I do exactly the same thing, if I buy a new Elvis CD I can listen to it over and over again sometimes for weeks at a time. I usually listen to it in the car on the way home from work.. helps me relax and unwind after a hard day.

:)

ForeverTheKing
11-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Yes, Of course :clap:

I always try and like to listen to different albums from every period but it happens to start liking again just one song and album and start listening it for many days. Now I 've "discovered" again 2 songs :Until It's Time For You To Go (so sweet :blush:) and This Is Our Dance.....I don't know why...but I'm listening these two a lot in this period :lol:

But it happens also with some albums as PROMISED LAND, ALOHA FROM HAWAII, ELVIS IN CONCERT and some FTDs (y)

elvis himselvis
11-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Hmm...Return To Sender..one of the best tunes to come out from the 60's era..in my opinion anyways;).

You're definitely right:king:

jon_burrows
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I think this is the case with most people. At the moment I'm listening to "An afternoon In The Garden" and "Live At Madison Square Garden". The last one I listened to for a couple of months was "That's The Way It Is" Special Edition. And, on that one I kept returning to the song "When I'm Over You".

Lisarose
11-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, over & over, & I'm glad I'm not alone. This week its Elvis Now, I love Early Morning Rain and Sylvia. Last week it was Elvis R&B. I keep 2 cd's in the car along with "other" music just in case I have Elvis withdrawals!

marijaep
11-03-2007, 05:07 AM
lol, I guess everyone does that :lol:
Usually I listen to one album FOR MONTHS until I don't get bored to death with the songs in it. Then I change it...lol, same with the next one:lol:

There are periods when I don't listen to Elvis much...but when I get back listening to him, It's like I have just discovered him all over again! I love that feeling, it's like falling in love with him all over again hehe, and love him even more then you used to :lol::blush:

ksimms2
11-03-2007, 05:58 AM
I learned something recently (cause I'm "slow" I guess) but I would have several Elvis cd's at work to play on my computer and some in my car. Well it's a hassle to switch them back and forth. I have windows media player on my computer and I can "burn" the cd's into the library on windows media player - this way I don't have to keep the cd's there once they are in the library on windows media player - I can remove the cd and put it in my car........you guys probably already know this - but it took my 10yr old daughter to give me the idea. :blush:

The King's Queen
11-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Oh yeah....guilty as charged! :blush: I do it....get on one kick and stay there for a while....and I've been doing that for longer than I care to admit. (Age wise, that is! :blush::lmfao:) But I think that all fans probably do that. I have favorite songs that I will play over and over too....especially when I'm driving....depending on my mood....lol...."Promised Land" is a great one to drive to, but I have to watch my speed 'cause I find myself exceeding the speed limit a LOT! LOL....

About this time of year I usually start leaning toward the Christmas recordings...it's a bit early, but I'll hit them off and on until Thanksgiving and then it's a daily dose until Christmas is over. Nothing puts me in the Christmas mood like Elvis does! I think that is why I spend too much money! :lmfao: Perhaps Elvis' generousity is to blame...or maybe his lavish gifts at Christmas (or throughout the year for that matter!)...or just how he loved Christmastime...oh well, maybe I'm just trying to blame my "spend happy" attitude on him, eh??? LOL....:blush: :doh: :lmfao:

presley31
11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
i have been listerning to I'm leaving. we can make the morning. l have been playing those two songs over and over again.

boogie
11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Yes i'm into it,
Now i'm playing lots of Vegas august '74 concerts

COL DRIES
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Well This Week I Took Out Of My Collection The Entire Tour Of February 77 C.d.'s , And Listen Over And Over Again .
It Mostly Depends On My Mood But For Now It's This Tour !!
Just Crazy Of The Concerts .
Tommorow I Get The New Christmas Package ( 3 C.d.'s And 1 Dvd With Christmas Clips ) So Maybe It's An Early Christmas For Me This Year !!