PDA

View Full Version : Just Think

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
This time 31 years ago Elvis was getting back into fighting shape with his weight decreasing and was doing some really great shows and preparing for another tour..especially those toward the end of November in Anaheim and others..makes me want to play some of those concerts sometime..

Imo, these shows from that November tour in '76 were about as good as those shows from that last tour in December..Solid as a rock, just my opinion;).

ms_epblvd
11-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Mmmm sorry BradM I dont see that he was getting into "fighting shape" He may have been slimmer but he was not in good health then either. He sounded great but he usually did. Fighting shape is TTWII. Then I could agree. Just my opinion.

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Compared to the summer months of '76 he was alot healthier by this time period..;)

elvis himselvis
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I find it great to see how he looked in late 1976.
He was more slimmer than in years before and he sounded great,compared to the summer of 1976.I think Elvis was in much better health than the summer...you also could see that in the concerts he gave with more numbers and longer concerts...

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, the concerts got better and better (y)

elvis himselvis
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah they really got better and better,with afcourse as highlight the New Year's Eve concert...
I find it hard to choose which concert I like more,this one or the Atlanta concert the day before:hmm:

Unchained Melody
11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Ahh Atlanta was just as great my friend(y)(y)

I just wish that a better tape of that show would surface, I'm pretty positive that the only one that exist or that we have is incomplete, almost every song is that is, and the sounds not so good, but you can make out everything. You also can't forget the rare performance of "Such A Night"..brilliant imo..atleast we have very good footage of the majority of the show..

elvis himselvis
11-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I own the footage of this show,and I love it.
Can watch it every day,think he looked great and his voice was great and most of all you can see he was having a good time on stage.
:king:

boogie
11-03-2007, 09:50 AM
aal of these were great... Dallas is one of my fav... and in great sound..very rocking concert

Unchained Melody
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree, Dallas was Kick A$$...Unchained Melody is absolutley BRILLIANT!!:notworthy