PDA

View Full Version : When We All Get To Heaven........

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
When we all get to heaven, or wherever we plan on going on down the road, what "year" will Elvis be in and what will he be wearing? I have a pastor friend that says we will all be at our very "best" in the next world, so I was curious as to how you think Elvis will be looking?:king::D:king::notworthy

Suzan
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Burning_Love
10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I think he will be in his TTWII wear. I always imagine him this way in heaven, because i think he is performing up there too.
Interesting thread like it :D

cameron
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I respect your pastor friend. If true, I'm sure Elvis will look better than he ever did on earth. IMHO. Less stress, more love.:)

ksimms2
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking his 68 Comeback self....early Vegas years self.....that is my favorite Elvis period as far as how he looked. Lean, mean, tan, hunky!!!

Suzan
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm thinking his 68 Comeback self....early Vegas years self.....that is my favorite Elvis period as far as how he looked. Lean, mean, tan, hunky!!!

(y):clap::notworthy LOVE LOVE LOVE that description! Thank you!!!!!! :hug:

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I think I always see him in TTWII also. But really, there is a span there from about 68 to 75 that will do just fine!!(y):notworthy:king::D

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I think he will be in his TTWII wear. I always imagine him this way in heaven, because i think he is performing up there too.
Interesting thread like it :D
Thanks. LOL...maybe he will look like my avitar! "D :D

Burning_Love
10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks. LOL...maybe he will look like my avitar! "D :D

Mmmmm...I Hope so, and think soo too :lmfao:

Rover
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought...Heaven was supposed to be more like a spiritual thing, with nothing physical involved? Maybe it depends on the church you belong too?

Merry
10-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Sizzzzzzzzllinnng hot (y)

"Me don't care" lol, as long as we meet up there, lol.

Here's a really lovely song, singing about Heaven. I hadn't heard this song before, nor the band, lol. Everyone else probably has, I just found the music, beautiful. I wonder if Elvis liked this type of music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmwBoz7wfK4

Kimmi (y)

cameron
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I thought...Heaven was supposed to be more like a spiritual thing, with nothing physical involved? Maybe it depends on the church you belong too?

Yes, it's the way I was taught too. "We won't be in a physical form, because all will be spirit ".
Won't hurt to wish or pretend though, huh? (y)

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm FUMC...nothing fancy :D I think there can be more than a "spirit" floating around...I'm hoping anyway:D

riley
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
He will be exactly like he was in girls girls girls...

Unchained Melody
10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Guess that is something we will find out when we get there.;)

marijaep
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Hmmmmm.....Well, lol.........1975 for me. He looked so devilish and cute.
Whatever, lol, just to meet him there, that's what counts hehe :lmfao::king:

Rising Sun
10-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Hmmm difficult question, I've never really thought about this :hmm:
I don't really care how he looks as long as I can be with him up there:D But I think I would love him to look like in the earlier days...from 50s to mid 60s...
altough I really love the 70s too :hmm: lol I think he will be marvellous anyway!
Great thread(y)

Tony Trout
10-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmm...interesting thread and interesting answers....

Ya'll may shoot me for this but I'd venture to say that Elvis will look the same way he did at 42 because (from how I've been taught) whatever age you pass at, that's what age you'll be in Heaven....

Getlo
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
This very disturbing. Your purpose in heaven is for the glorification of God. He said, "thou shalt have no other gods before me". To even post that your purpose in heaven would be otherwise is blasphemous.

Oh, give me a break! (n):mad::mad:

This isn't the place for religious fervour. If you don't like it, don't post ... and don't criticise the religious people on here if they wish to speculate about what Elvis may look like to them if they reach their heaven.

Blasphemy is an act of cursing or reviling God. These posters on here have done no such thing. None of them said they put Elvis before God.

Wake up to yourself, man!

(Never let it be said that, as an athiest, I won't defend the religious if they are being persecuted!)

And why Knoxelvis, I wonder, do your posts keep disappearing?

Rover
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
lol...and who said you are all going to Heaven anyway? :D
And if Elvis is in heaven, don't you think he has the right not to be bothered by fans? :P
I think this thread should have been "when did Elvis was the most good-looking?" , and not a question about Heaven...

Diane
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Right Getlo, no one was blaspheming in these threads. Just good old fantasies which can be good for the soul...lol.

Ok, what I would want to find in heaven is a place for me with a field, lots of flowers, woods close by, and all my loved ones there including birds and animals. ...a pond and waterfall with Koi. Elvis would be there how he looked in TTWII happily going around singing to everyone. God would be there as well of course, overseeing everyone's happiness.

Diane

cameron
10-30-2007, 10:03 AM
This very disturbing. Your purpose in heaven is for the glorification of God. He said, "thou shalt have no other gods before me". To even post that your purpose in heaven would be otherwise is blasphemous. To those who would say, "well I would be praising God but I just wanted to meet Elvis too", that's not what you are saying when your first thought is to meet Elvis. It's not any wonder that someone would want to leave the image behind because it seems to be causing the losing of souls. Remember you are the ones posting to the world what you are wanting to do. Think of how God feels to be second fiddle to Elvis. Think how Elvis feels that because of "him" you are led astray.

I'm sorry you're offended , truly. Elvis certainly isnot a god in any way.
In the church or religions I've studied; most have fun without judging others.
IMO, God has a great sense of humor ,or else He would not have created man.We must be a great trial to Him.
IMO, we don't intend that anyone thinks any of us are better or even on the same level as God. I believe that we will meet our loved ones in heaven and rejoice .Since none of us have died before; it seems it would be up to each individual to talk to God about that.
Thanks for your opinion though.

cameron
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
You are right, it's no use. I never was good at trying to preach to others. I should have learned a long time ago. Sorry to bother you. Not only my posts but I should disappear.

Oh. good grief. I won't judge you. That's Gods job, He needs no help from me or anyone else. Why DO your posts keep disappearing??

Getlo
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh. good grief. I won't judge you. That's Gods job, he needs no help from me or anyone else. Why DO your posts keep disappearing??

Just let him go. If he says he's gonna go ... just let him go.

(Confused, but somehow relieved ...)

utmom2008
10-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Hmm...interesting thread and interesting answers....

Ya'll may shoot me for this but I'd venture to say that Elvis will look the same way he did at 42 because (from how I've been taught) whatever age you pass at, that's what age you'll be in Heaven....
That is interesting! But, my belief is that you are not "sick" in heaven. Diabetes ravaged my Dad and he passed away at 72, that's when my pastor explained his thinking of "we are at our best" in heaven:D

utmom2008
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh, give me a break! (n):mad::mad:

This isn't the place for religious fervour. If you don't like it, don't post ... and don't criticise the religious people on here if they wish to speculate about what Elvis may look like to them if they reach their heaven.

Blasphemy is an act of cursing or reviling God. These posters on here have done no such thing. None of them said they put Elvis before God.

Wake up to yourself, man!

(Never let it be said that, as an athiest, I won't defend the religious if they are being persecuted!)

And why Knoxelvis, I wonder, do your posts keep disappearing?
Thank You Getlo!! Well said!!:lol: :D

Getlo
10-30-2007, 10:28 AM
As many of you know, I do not believe in God or Heaven ...

However, for the purposes of pure fantasy: I'd arrive at the Pearly Gates, and St Peter would present me with a front-row centre ticket to see Elvis. He'd be circa 1970 (the Way It Is look) and he'd perform until I decided it was over! (y):D

In the opposite scenario ... Satan would kick me in the *** through to the front row at a Kenny G concert ... and it would never end! (n):blink::angry:

utmom2008
10-30-2007, 10:30 AM

However, for the purposes of pure fantasy: I'd arrive at the Pearly Gates, and St Peter would present me with a front-row centre ticket to see Elvis. He'd be circa 1970 (the Way It Is look) and he'd perform until I decided it was over! (y):D

In the opposite scenario ... Satan would kick me in the *** through to the front row at a Kenny G concert ... and it would never end! (n):blink::angry:
LOL...LOL..I better get busy being "good"..I sure don't want to hear Kenny G for all eternity:D:D

U.S. Male
10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
It's best if everyone would refrain from starting topics that deal with religion or politics, because everyone has a different opinion on each, which usually leads to heated discussions and arguements.:cop:

Therefore, lets take it home with this topic. :cop:

boogie
10-30-2007, 10:56 AM
that's the right thing to say Big Boss

Merry
10-30-2007, 11:02 AM
If there was only oneb, it would be worth it........

:hug:

presley31
10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
It's best if everyone would refrain from starting topics that deal with religion or politics, because everyone has a different opinion on each, which usually leads to heated discussions and arguements.:cop:

Thank you steve(y)(y)

rebby
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh he most definately has to be in the comeback special leather suit, or white suit, or maybe even from TTWII!!!!!!! He was stunning at the point in his life, but then he was always stunning!!!

Latte
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
ummm....I picture him with his post army pompadour and me in my old tahitian dance costume :clap:

EnigmaticSun
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I tend to sympathize with Cameron, there is nothing wrong with this thread. There is one God, but there are many souls and gifts.

In heaven 1. Elvis will be with his mother 2. have no more health-issues..!

Don't know who he'll marry.. That's another story, ha!

cameron
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I tend to sympathize with Cameron, there is nothing wrong with this thread. There is one God, but there are many souls and gifts.

In heaven 1. Elvis will be with his mother 2. have no more health-issues..!

Don't know who he'll marry.. That's another story, ha!

What do you sympathize with me for ?? I'm ok with this thread .
However, I didn't start it.
Don't think there'll be any marrying though..;)

Come to think about it, I can use all the sympathy you wanna give .
I just don't understand what it's for.

EnigmaticSun
10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
What do you sympathize with me for ?? I'm ok with this thread . Come to think about it, I can use all the sympathy you wanna give .
I just don't understand what it's for.

It just seems that people attack you and I don't see why. Or at least I seem to agree with your comments. I hope I didn't bother you by sympathizing. :doh:

Danny Ocean
10-30-2007, 03:12 PM
In my own thoughts he looks like the big painting that hangs in Graceland.. In white with a scarf around is neck.. a nice tan and a beautiful head of hair. When you come up there... he's standing there with his blue eyes, welcoming you as an fan. People have God, we fans have Elvis haha ;-)

Merry
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Knoxelvis http://www.tcb-world.com/images/forumtalk/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=153104#post153104)
...... but I should disappear.

Absolutely not, and with respect, I disagree.

There are a lot of lovely people here, and I, like to read what you have to say, and when you have posted, I am pleased to see you have. It is wonderful to have deep thinkers around, people can learn from them, I can learn from you. You obviously have a lot to share, and I know I would, as well as others, like to read what you share.

Besides, I like having wise men around, who think out of the square. :D;) Come on, we need another gentleman around, you are all so rare ...... please? :king:19602

cameron
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
It just seems that people attack you and I don't see why. Or at least I seem to agree with your comments. I hope I didn't bother you by sympathizing. :doh:

Not at all. I just couldn't figure out why I got sympathy.
Today's been a good day, ;)
I don't pay much attention to that stuff. I'm usually gone and then come back later .
Happy someone might feel the same as I do about things.
Thank you much.:)

utmom2008
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Right Getlo, no one was blaspheming in these threads. Just good old fantasies which can be good for the soul...lol.

Ok, what I would want to find in heaven is a place for me with a field, lots of flowers, woods close by, and all my loved ones there including birds and animals. ...a pond and waterfall with Koi. Elvis would be there how he looked in TTWII happily going around singing to everyone. God would be there as well of course, overseeing everyone's happiness.

Diane
I agree Diane. This was started as more of a fantasy "fluff" thread than one of a deep dark religious study. I went so far as to say wherever any one thinks they will go at a later date. I have seen several threads over the last 3 to 4 days that have had numerous posters hurling some real "zingers" towards one another, but I guess those were OK..LOL. I thought this was a "discussion" board, wrong again:D:D Let's get back to deciding if Priscilla and Ginger were money hungry starlet wanna be's, or , we can always talk about Elvis and his hypnotic eyes:D:D:D

Merry
10-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I tend to sympathize with Cameron,

Hi EnigmaticSun,

Thank you.

Kimmi

Merry
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree Diane. This was started as more of a fantasy "fluff" thread than one of a deep dark religious study. I went so far as to say wherever any one thinks they will go at a later date. I have seen several threads over the last 3 to 4 days that have had numerous posters hurling some real "zingers" towards one another, but I guess those were OK..LOL. I thought this was a "discussion" board, wrong again:D:D we can always talk about Elvis and his hypnotic eyes:D:D:D

LOL, nothing wrong with feeling good, lol, sure beats anything else.

b :hug:

Kimmi

Merry
10-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Not at all. I just couldn't figure out why I got sympathy.
Today's been a good day, ;)
I don't pay much attention to that stuff. I'm usually gone and then come back later .
Happy someone might feel the same as I do about things.
Thank you much.:)

LOL, I go and watch my horses, they have their established pecking order, then groom each other. Nice way to be, lol.

People need to breath, and care. It would be lovely, to actually care, not hurt.

Wouldn't that be nice to have in the Rules?

Kim

Merry
10-30-2007, 04:48 PM
[quote=Big Boss Man;153117]It's best if everyone would refrain ........ leads to heated discussions and arguements.:cop:
:jawdrop::sun::group:

I think we need a topic, under Off Topic which reads:

Please get your frustrations out HERE (complain about anything) ..... and make the Mod's job Heavenly (y)

Whatcha ya reckon Steve? lol

Kimmi

Unchained Melody
10-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Amen to that Steve!(y)

presley31
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
LOL, I go and watch my horses, they have their established pecking order, then groom each other. Nice way to be, lol.

People need to breath, and care. It would be lovely, to actually care, not hurt.

Wouldn't that be nice to have in the Rules?

Kim

sorry off topic but jess l just love your pic of the wolf and the pup. wonderful.

Diane
10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I have to comment on your picture of the mama wolf and pup too Jess....you've hit my soft spot. :)

Diane

utmom2008
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I have to comment on your picture of the mama wolf and pup too Jess....you've hit my soft spot. :)

Diane
Me too....that little baby is a cutie

*LittleSister1981*
10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't really care, what he is going to look like in heaven,as long as I am going to see him in there...But if he looked like he did in '68 Comeback or TTWII,I wouldn't mind that....;)

SleepyJack
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Much as I love Elvis I don`t really mind how he looks in this fantastic place you`ve all been telling me about....but...I`ll say Elvis from `57/`58...`cos that would mean Dolores Hart would be like she was in "Loving You"....mmmmm....Heaven!!

Merry
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Me too....that little baby is a cutie

Awwww thank you, ladies.

I think so, too.

If you like something just gorgeous, have a look at this, now this gets me gooey, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0pkYhRrwI

Kim

Diane
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, thank you Jess..now I'm a mess.:)

Diane

Merry
11-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Oh yeah, thank you Jess..now I'm a mess.:)

Diane

You are welcome, Dianne (y):clap: :hug:19753

Two shy and timid creatures have found each other in safe companionship.....

19755 19756

Christmas isn't far away ..... goodwill to all men(y)

ksimms2
11-07-2007, 06:47 AM

I like the way you think - front and center at an Elvis concert and he plays until we say he's done!!! (y)(y)

Diane
11-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Lol, if I'm right and you're wrong Getlo, you're going to end up in the front seat at an Elvis concert forever....much to your surprise. :lol:

Diane

presley31
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
You are welcome, Dianne (y):clap: :hug:19753

Two shy and timid creatures have found each other in safe companionship.....

19755 19756

Christmas isn't far away ..... goodwill to all men(y)

wonderful pics jess thanks for sharing

Diane
11-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I have those deer and rabbit photos Jess...yup, that's heaven where all creatures and people get along.

Diane

rocknroll
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Getlo;153113]As many of you know, I do not believe in God or Heaven ...QUOTE]

Hmmm. To each his own, but why take any chances? :)

Merry
11-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks Diane and Jen. I've received the doe and bunny again, so everyone must be loving them, and passing them on, just lovely.

Gosh, because of this lovely subject heading, I thought I'd share this, which was sent to me, today.

Desiderata by Max Ehrmann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiv2dgctyIc

Kimmi

cameron
11-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Lol, if I'm right and you're wrong Getlo, you're going to end up in the front seat at an Elvis concert forever....much to your surprise. :lol:

Diane

I'd have to agree with this.(y)
Of course we have "free will'. Guess anyone can refuse the pleasure. ;)

Diane
11-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the lovely video of Desiderata Jess......beautiful:hug:

Never thought whether we would still have free will Cameron, I guess I just assumed we'd never have to think, worry or have to decide about anything and that we'd be where we wanted to be with who we wanted to be, choice of our setting, scene etc. I guess we'd better be sure about it as we could be stuck with it forever and ever if we don't have free will. :)

Diane

cameron
11-09-2007, 07:48 AM
I've seen a lot of people become "born again Christians "
on their death bed .
It's never too late ; according to God, IMO.

Diane
11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I was thinking about being there and surrounded by all we wanted then changing our minds about our setting as to being in a garden, an Elvis concert or whatever afterwards.....if I read you right. I guess we could if it's heaven:D

Diane

cameron
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
I was thinking about being there and surrounded by all we wanted then changing our minds about our setting as to being in a garden, an Elvis concert or whatever afterwards.....if I read you right. I guess we could if it's heaven:D

Diane

We may be stoned any minute. ;)
I'm not sure if we could change our minds after getting there.
But, surely before we're "called home."

What you said above reminds me of some people today.
We're surrounded by all we want {or need}. But, still we're not satisfied .

Merry
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
We may be stoned any minute. ;)
I'm not sure if we could change our minds after getting there.
But, surely before we're "called home."

What you said above reminds me of some people today.
We're surrounded by all we want {or need}. But, still we're not satisfied .

Back to Epicurus, lol, I mentioned him in passing in another thread.

Have you read his Philosophies?

Kimmi

Merry
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks so much Diane.

I've had the Desiderata sent to me a few times over the years, it was nice to see someone go to so much trouble, on Youtube with it, so I had to share! :D

Kim

Wanda
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I just want to say that I plan on marrying Elvis when I get up there but I'm not in any hurry to get there. Wanda

Merry
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I just want to say that I plan on marrying Elvis when I get up there but I'm not in any hurry to get there. Wanda

LOL, and what an entrance, lol. Welcome (y)

Kim

utmom2008
11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
(y)(y)(y) Welcome Wanda! But...if I get there first you might be in trouble! :D:D:D

Getlo
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
and you're wrong Getlo

I know these three words are English, but together they make gibberish ... :lol:

Thanks, but once you're dead ... you're dead.

Elvis_Priestly
11-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Well after the first portion of:

"When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Then when, when we first begun"

When I'll just have had a soppy grin and teary eyes looking at the Praised One maybe the angels will want to take a brief break and give Elvis a chance to sing "Oh Lord My God..." and see the same smile on his face - no sadness, no depression, no insecurity, no slavery to the addictions of our world: Elvis home at last, leading the choir - that'll do me :D

cameron
11-10-2007, 05:50 AM
Back to Epicurus, lol, I mentioned him in passing in another thread.

Have you read his Philosophies?

Kimmi

Sorry Jess, I just noticed this. No, I haven't.
I've always meant to; maybe now ,with more time I can get to this as well.

cameron
11-10-2007, 05:54 AM

When I'll just have had a soppy grin and teary eyes looking at the Praised One maybe the angels will want to take a brief break and give Elvis a chance to sing "Oh Lord My God..." and see the same smile on his face - no sadness, no depression, no insecurity, no slavery to the addictions of our world: Elvis home at last, leading the choir - that'll do me :D'

All sadness and tears will be gone. None of us will ever have to "feel alone or unloved" ever again. It will indeed, be a happy day. (y)(y)

presley31
11-10-2007, 06:42 AM

When I'll just have had a soppy grin and teary eyes looking at the Praised One maybe the angels will want to take a brief break and give Elvis a chance to sing "Oh Lord My God..." and see the same smile on his face - no sadness, no depression, no insecurity, no slavery to the addictions of our world: Elvis home at last, leading the choir - that'll do me :D

agreed conor(y)

Getlo
11-11-2007, 03:06 AM
None of us will ever have to "feel alone or unloved" ever again.

Who feels alone and unloved here on earth?

Not I, that's for sure! (y)

cameron
11-11-2007, 03:31 AM
There are many children alone and unloved on this earth, unfortunately.
In heaven,{ at least to my belief; } they will know love like they've never experienced before. IMO, it's what In The Ghetto was all about.

Merry
11-11-2007, 03:59 AM
'

All sadness and tears will be gone. None of us will ever have to "feel alone or unloved" ever again. It will indeed, be a happy day. (y)(y)

Yes, but you know, I feel, that this can start here and now, by loving our family, our loved ones, not taking them for granted in any way, treasuring them, helping people, and caring for strangers.

A smile, a kind word, you never know, who you may be helping. Sometimes, you might just end up loving them. There are always miracles.

Kimmi