PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and lisa

presley31
10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I know that elvis loved his daughter very much, but after her parents divorced how much time did lisa spend with her dad:hmm:

Suzan
10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
By her acct. and those around her, she did spend quite a lot of time w/him, which is why it is odd to me to hear her now say he was on the road a lot and she didn't spend that much time w/him, almost as if she is saying it to coincide w/Pris version of things.
I've been told she spent part of her summer's w/him @ Graceland and he would fly her to Vegas for his shows and she joined him on tour quite a few times, including New Years of 76 and there are photos of her at his concerts in 73-74, etc...
By the divorce decree she also spent all the holidays w/him, espescially Xmas and Pris would send her to Elvis when she would go on vacations. She also stayed w/him at his L.A. home.
So I don't understand the descep. in her accts.??????

Suzan
10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
My bad, good thread Presley31, thanks.:)

presley31
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I was wondering the same thing suzan why is she saying things different now.

presley31
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
My bad, good thread Presley31, thanks.:)

Your welcome:D

Suzan
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't know, I really don't. Maybe her mom said something to her? NO idea.

:D it's a good thread.

presley31
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I always believed Lisa didn't listern to her mom and did what she wanted?? Thats one thing l loved about her is pure honesty. I really thought by the way lisa was talking in her interviews that she did see elvis alot, but now you see her saying she hardy saw him, seems very odd she would change her story when she sees her mother doing it all the time.

Suzan
10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I always believed Lisa didn't listern to her mom and did what she wanted?? Thats one thing l loved about her is pure honesty. I really thought by the way lisa was talking in her interviews that she did see elvis alot, but now you see her saying she hardy saw him, seems very odd she would change her story when she sees her mother doing it all the time.

I know right? But then again maybe since they've become somewhat closer things are changing? I mean did you see the body language in EBTP? I found it odd.
I have no idea why she's saying differently now???????

MissyM
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Could it be that since she didn't really keep in touch with family (some) that she is acting like they weren't that close in the first place?? Hard to figure for sure.

presley31
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Yes l find it a bit odd,considing priscilla wasn't very good to lisa. I hope lisa doesn't start switching stories like her mother. Maybe your right with them getting closer things are changing, but in a good way not sure yet??

presley31
10-28-2007, 07:00 PM
LISA: You know, mostly it was breaks. It was very inconsistent. Sometimes a car would show up to pick me up at school and I wasn't ready for it if he just sent for me, and so it was kind of inconsistent. But always holidays, summer, Easter with my dad, or I'd just go out on the road with him.

KING: You went on the road, watched him sing?

LISA: Yes.

Here she says she saw him lots

TLC67
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
:hmm:I dunno...It sounds like alot of time to an adult, but coming from the inner child, perhaps there is a longing there that wasn't filled often enough??
Maybe her responses have to do with how she is emotionally at the time.

franny
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
I agree with what you said TLC67! (y)

Also, because she was only nine, when Elvis passed on, she probably feels he wasn't really around because he was no longer here...:'(

franny

Suzan
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Good points...maybe she does feel that she didn't get enough time w/him, she does make mantion of it in her song "I wish I could have spent a little more time with you." So no matter how much time she had w/him it wasn't enough because they truly loved ea. other A LOT! Very good points TLC and franny!:D

rhythmknights
10-28-2007, 10:54 PM
i guess when your parents are divorced & you're split between the two, no matter how much time you spend with a favorite parent, its never enough.

ReGina_89
10-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I agree i think she feels that she didnt spend enough time with him a lets admit she didnt since he was her favorite parent and all he did spend alot of time away... compared to the time she spent with her mother she didnt spend aot of timne with him.. maybe thats what she ment to say!!

Johnny
10-29-2007, 03:40 AM
considing priscilla wasn't very good to lisa.

Say what now?? Why do you say that? Basically she's the one that brought Lisa up, as Elvis allowed Lisa to pretty much run wild - in my book, Priscilla is the good parent while Elvis is the bad one

cameron
10-29-2007, 03:49 AM
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml
According to this interview; the boarding schools raised her.

Lion
10-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Spending holidays with him, and being on tour with him was not an everyday life, that is what I think Lisa meant. he wasn´t the "typical parent" being there on everyday basis to bring her up. He was a weekend-dad, a holiday dad. Even if she saw him rather often, it was just not the case of raising a child really. I guess they had more fun together.

Johnny
10-29-2007, 06:21 AM
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml
According to this interview; the boarding schools raised her.

That's your own perception; I tried to look up "boarding" in this interview with zero result; I looked up "school" with 5 results, and none of them have Lisa saying: "the boarding schools raised me".

If memory doesn't fail me, the boarding schools came after Elvis' death, and simply because Lisa was out of control, since she got what ever she wanted when she was with Elvis

cameron
10-29-2007, 06:25 AM
It was after Elvis' death Lisa and I are both referring to.

Johnny
10-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Say what now?? :D

Point is, "considing priscilla wasn't very good to lisa." is something that I don't agree with at all. In a nutshell, my opinion is: Priscilla=good parent, Elvis=bad parent

presley31
10-29-2007, 06:35 AM
It was after Elvis' death Lisa and I are both referring to.

I really feel priscilla shouldn't of put lisa is a summer camp after elvis died, sorry but children need there parents at that time. Another thing children should come first before boyfriends, but that was first in priscilla's book, shame really.

riley
10-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I also think Lisa saw Elvis trough child eyes and she adored him and didn't see him enough in her opinion.

There are so many stories about her crying when she had to leave him and wanting to be more with him.

It must have broken his hearth everytime she went away like that.

But by all accounts I have indeed he saw her pretty much esp in LA.
Good for him, good for her

Getlo
10-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Priscilla=good parent, Elvis=bad parent

They were both bad parents in their way.

Lisa was spoiled rotten from day one: little discipline from either side. A good ol' fashioned *** kickin' was needed ... and still is!

presley31
10-29-2007, 07:24 AM
I also think Lisa saw Elvis trough child eyes and she adored him and didn't see him enough in her opinion.

There are so many stories about her crying when she had to leave him and wanting to be more with him.

It must have broken his hearth everytime she went away like that.

But by all accounts I have indeed he saw her pretty much esp in LA.
Good for him, good for her

That happens to most kids that are going through the visits with parents that are separted.

riley
10-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Indeed Jen

ReGina_89
10-29-2007, 07:50 AM
i think Priscilla was just too young to be a parent and she did what she thought was right which think about it now wasnt right like the summer camp that was the easiest way out for her i guess.. Priscilla again was too young she is IMO a good parent i mean look at how her son turned out not bad IMO

riley
10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
what is her son doing nowadays??
Does he still live with her or with his dad???N

presley31
10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
i think Priscilla was just too young to be a parent and she did what she thought was right which think about it now wasnt right like the summer camp that was the easiest way out for her i guess.. Priscilla again was too young she is IMO a good parent i mean look at how her son turned out not bad IMO

good point gina(y)

ReGina_89
10-29-2007, 08:10 AM
he is in his 20s i think

presley31
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Lisa and nav are pretty close l read.

Diane
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I've also heard on some thread here a while back that both Navarone and Benjamin were on drugs. Anyone know more about this. Hope they aren't anymore.

Diane

Getlo
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I've also heard on some thread here a while back that both Navarone and Benjamin were on drugs.

I doubt that very much.

But one never knows, does one?

cameron
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I've also heard on some thread here a while back that both Navarone and Benjamin were on drugs. Anyone know more about this. Hope they aren't anymore.Diane

It was on USA Weekend.

Presley's son Navarone Garibaldi, with former love Marco Garibaldi, is 19. We're told Navarone doesn't want the limelight, but he made news two years ago when he was stopped for speeding and arrested for alleged possession of drugs. Some reports had Navarone joining the Church of Scientology after that (his mother and half-sister Lisa Marie Presley are members), but neither a church spokesperson nor Presley's people would confirm it.

Diane
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the report Cameron. I think it's very hard to get any information about the two young men. They do seem to want to be kept out of the spotlight...can't blame them.

As for the post by Regina that Priscilla was too young to be a mother, I have to disagree with that. I married at 21 and had my first child at 22 as well, then our second one at 26.....most of my friends were married at nineteen which was a very common age then, and none of us have had problems with parenting.

Diane

ksimms2
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I doubt that very much.

But one never knows, does one?

Welcome to the TCB MAFIA Getlo! ;)

presley31
10-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't think priscilla grow up when she was elvis, he was a kid himself.

ricardo b. prospero
10-29-2007, 10:23 AM
What do you expect from Liza Marie? She is the daughter of Priscilla and unfortunately also the daughter of Elvis. Both of them never really care for Elvis and will never stop exploiting him. Liza Marie is a perfect clone of Priscilla in all aspects.

Stryx
10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Being with Elvis as a kid was not condusive to a good upbringing. He left her do what she wanted!!!

She was a brat!!

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
They were both bad parents in their way.

Lisa was spoiled rotten from day one: little discipline from either side. A good ol' fashioned *** kickin' was needed ... and still is!
LOL Getlo. When my husband and I were at Graceland in 88 we struck up a conversation with Uncle Vester. The ONLY thing he wanted to talk about was Lisa, and "what a handful she was to raise". He said "she needed her butt busted everyday just for good measure". We still laugh about that! :D :D

Suzan
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
She probably did.LOL
Yeah did same w/us in 83, I got the feeling, as much as he talked about what a little hellian she was, he adored her.:)
As far as I've heard Pris did discipline, that she could be quite harsh w/Lisa.

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the report Cameron. I think it's very hard to get any information about the two young men. They do seem to want to be kept out of the spotlight...can't blame them.

As for the post by Regina that Priscilla was too young to be a mother, I have to disagree with that. I married at 21 and had my first child at 22 as well, then our second one at 26.....most of my friends were married at nineteen which was a very common age then, and none of us have had problems with parenting.

Diane
I agree. I had my kids at 21 and 26, both have great foundations

utmom2008
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
She probably did.LOL
Yeah did same w/us in 83, I got the feeling, as much as he talked about what a little hellian she was, he adored her.:)
As far as I've heard Pris did discipline, that she could be quite harsh w/Lisa.
Same hers Suzan..you had the feeling he was crazy about her, just thought she neede a butt-bustin :D :D

Suzan
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Diane

Very well said....:D The excuse that Pris was "young" is baloney, lots and lots of young mom's out there, doing just great.:D

Navarone still lives at home, apparently he's starting or has some sort of band. Yeah ok, wondering when they'll change his name to "Presley"? LOL JK

I've not heard that Ben is on drugs, I would find that hard to believe, but again who knows...he is quite a little handful I've heard, apparently he got kicked out of a couple of schools?

Suzan
10-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Same hers Suzan..you had the feeling he was crazy about her, just thought she neede a butt-bustin :D :D

lol yeah. Shoot I dont know if I would have been able to discipline her, she was just adorable. :D

Diane
10-29-2007, 03:10 PM
No, the idea that Priscilla couldn't grow up to be a good mother while with Elvis doesn't wash. I was way over-protected, living in a small town and had no idea what was waiting for me out there in that big tough world...but I survived and so did our kids (and we're very close)...marriage still going at over 40 years too. So, no I have no excuses for Priscilla as either a mother or a wife.

Aside from all that, a normal girl or woman's maternal instincts are supposed to kick in after having a child and a mother naturally puts her child first unless she is supremely self centered.

Diane

presley31
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
No, the idea that Priscilla couldn't grow up to be a good mother while with Elvis doesn't wash. I was way over-protected, living in a small town and had no idea what was waiting for me out there in that big tough world...but I survived and so did our kids (and we're very close)...marriage still going at over 40 years too. So, no I have no excuses for Priscilla as either a mother or a wife.

Aside from all that, a normal girl or woman's maternal instincts are supposed to kick in after having a child and a mother naturally puts her child first unless she is supremely self centered.

Diane

yep you are right diane. I do wish she was proper mother to lisa, thats her daughter not just a ticket meal.

Suzan
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Diane

(y)(y)(y)(y)
She sure is self-centered. Did you guys happen to catch her interview on Sirius w/George Klein? She took offense to him saying "old" friend, apparently she thinks she's still a spring chicken.
And she does not allow her grandkids to call her grandma, they call her nona, which is Italian for grandmother, go figure.

Diane
10-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Well Suzan, Priscilla and I are the same age and if someone calls me "an old friend" I'm downright flattered.

Priscilla is not italian so "Nona" is just an affectation of hers....go figure.

Diane

presley31
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I do wish lisa had more time with her dad, shame she didn't get the chance.

Diane
10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Me too Jen. In spite of all the spoiling she got emotional security that I don't think she's had since...hopefully with Michael she has some again and I think she gets some from Riley....don't know about Ben.

Diane

presley31
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM
yes diane l agree
Lisa and riley seem very close which is great to see. Ben not sure don't hear or see nothing on him. I think Lisa's finally is happy with michael and feels she can let her guard down and enjoy her life and maybe find the peace she'e been looking for for so long.

Suzan
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Well Suzan, Priscilla and I are the same age and if someone calls me "an old friend" I'm downright flattered.

Priscilla is not italian so "Nona" is just an affectation of hers....go figure.

Diane

Same here, I love my friends and friendships so when I'm addressed as an "old" friend, OMG I'm like ecstatic.:D

I can't remember her exact words, but something to the effect that she didn't like the word "old", that she had an aversion to it or something.
Marco was Italian, that is where she got that from. LOL

Lisa and Ben are close as well, she told some very cute stories about him on her last tour while hanging w/the fans.

riley
10-30-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm happy for Lisa now, I really am.

Diane, I "LOVE" to read your comments.:hug:

You always stay to the point, but your remarques are so tought about and so true.

Thanks

Diane
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Thank you Riley :hug:. I enjoy your posts just as much. I'm viewed as "eccentric" in my circle of friends but they all seem to accept it.:)

I can't figure Priscilla out. Most of us at our age don't look all that bad anymore (not young). Few of us go for the "little old lady look with the permed blue hair" and with care, our skin can keep some semblance of freshness, so I don't understand this mania she has with surgery as she's gone past the point where her facial skin has any elasticity left?? They say that plastic surgery can be addictive...little more here, little more there and I think she's fallen into that category...sad as she could have gone for just some minor work and mostly kept that gorgeous look she had a few years back.

You're right Suzan, Marco is italian, I'd forgotten that and that is probably where she got the "nona". (He sure was cute in his younger days unlike Mike Stone wasn't he?) I'd read somewhere where he was a bit of a gigolo before he met Priscilla. Wonder if there was any truth to that?

Diane

MissyM
10-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Well, my grandkids have called me Grammie, and Grandma, I wear those names proudly. They are music to my ears. Pricilla makes me nuts watching her fiddle with her hair. She's done that for a long time.

presley31
10-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Well, my grandkids have called me Grammie, and Grandma, I wear those names proudly. They are music to my ears. Pricilla makes me nuts watching her fiddle with her hair. She's done that for a long time.

I do that when l get worried or nervious about things, l done that for years. Not saying thats why priscilla does it:hmm:

riley
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
MissyM

That she do that alreaddy when she was with Elvis too???

MissyM
10-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I know. I twirl my hair. Bad habit. But I'd never do it in public.

Diane
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes Riley, she did play with her hair when she first got to Graceland. She has that little nose rubbing gesture too. I think both are nervous habits, nothing more. I think Lisa does that nose thing too doesn't she?

Neither thing bothers me, I've gotten used to it I guess....I feel it's just her way.

Diane

Suzan
11-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes Riley, she did play with her hair when she first got to Graceland. She has that little nose rubbing gesture too. I think both are nervous habits, nothing more. I think Lisa does that nose thing too doesn't she?

Neither thing bothers me, I've gotten used to it I guess....I feel it's just her way.

Diane

Hi! :D

Yes, Lisa twirls her hair, and she rubs her nose, but not as often as her mom.:)

ksimms2
11-02-2007, 04:27 AM
all this rubbing noses and twirling hair and other gestures - you guys remind me of a catcher during baseball signalling to the pitcher what pitches to throw! lol.....
(some may not know what I mean I guess....)

Happy Friday! :)

Suzan
11-02-2007, 04:49 AM
all this rubbing noses and twirling hair and other gestures - you guys remind me of a catcher during baseball signalling to the pitcher what pitches to throw! lol.....
(some may not know what I mean I guess....)

Happy Friday! :)

;) lol :D I do!:D

Happy Friday! :)(y)

riley
11-02-2007, 04:50 AM
haha

that's a good one

Diane
11-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Oh I sure do Kelly :D My dad was the announcer at the baseball games when I was growing up.....and you're right.:lol:

Diane