View Full Version : Interview with Marty Pasetta

meg
10-13-2007, 03:04 AM
http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/video/marty_pasetta_interview.html

Merry
10-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks Meg.

I enjoyed watching these, immensely.

I hadn't watched the first interview with Elvis (the rare one) before, I enjoyed watching him. I always do, lol.

Thank you,

Kim

Miss you Elvis
xxxxxxxxxx
oooooooooo
Heaps

Joe Car
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the link. One of the great things about what Marty said, was the story of how he first met Elvis, letting him know about his intentions for the Aloha, and being honest with him and telling EP that he needed to lose weight. What did Elvis do when Marty told him that, he ran over and hugged him and thanked him for being "open and honest" and proceeded to workout like a madman, losing 25 lbs in three months. Producers or directors who treated EP this way, always got the best from Elvis, whether it be Steve Binder from the 68 special, Chips Morman from the historic Memphis sessions of 69, or Marty Passetta from the Aloha. I dare say, had Elvis had more people like this in his life, he might be still with us today.

Merry
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Well said, Joe Car.

I would like to add, that this story obviously shows, the type of man Elvis was.

Not many people would react that way. In my opinion, some would go off in a huff.

Elvis = good man!

Kim

Tony Trout
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
My question is.....

Why didn't they include this on the deluxe edition of the "Aloha" 2-DVD set? I still think they could've done much better by including things like this interview plus doing interviews with the band members about their recollections of doing the "Aloha" shows....

toffe
10-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for sharing, great interview(y)