PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Protecting the King

Elvis_Lady_1984
10-09-2007, 06:53 AM
this is a movie by david stanley, elvis' step brother, telling his story of life on the road with elvis..the movie starts out him being 16 and progresses til he is 22. it shows all the aspects of life on the road thru his eyes.. the elvis character does no singing( thank goodness) but does portray elvis personality. they do not use elvis' name, they only refer to him as "boss" or the king. its release date in the u.s. is today 10/10/07. just wondering if others had seen it before and if you do see it please let me know your opinion of this..although i dont believe everything that is happening here or how it was dramatized it still moved me in some ways.

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
someone just started this same thread yesterday....and the consensus is "it sucks" and don't waste your money.....

Elvis_Lady_1984
10-09-2007, 07:03 AM
i thought it was ok..like i said i didnt agree with how things were dramatized but it hi-lighted a good point to me...elvis needed a break and needed someone or something to get him away for a while...it was so sad to watch it...i say watch it for yourself and make your own opinions...

athena
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I agree with the Elvis Lady. It's worth checking out and then you can make your own opinion. I really enjoyed it. It was informative and I wanted to know more by the end...

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
i thought it was ok..like i said i didnt agree with how things were dramatized but it hi-lighted a good point to me...elvis needed a break and needed someone or something to get him away for a while...it was so sad to watch it...i say watch it for yourself and make your own opinions...

really? you liked it? see on the other thread nobody liked it....but here are 2 of you that say you did....so now you have me curious......

Johnny
10-10-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm downloading it right now (wouldn't occur to me to pay any money to the basta... eeehh, I mean the Stanley's), and I'm propably going to see a shitty movie ...but I'll let you know

Just watched it over the weekend, and it was just what I thought ...complete sh*t. My recommendation still stands: anything that is remotely connected to the Stanley's; avoid at all cost!!!

And please, everyone - simply download it from torrent; don't give the f****ing Stanley's the pleasure of getting your hard earned cash

ksimms2
10-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm downloading it right now (wouldn't occur to me to pay any money to the basta... eeehh, I mean the Stanley's), and I'm propably going to see a shitty movie ...but I'll let you know

lol....yes please let us know.....