PDA

View Full Version : Linda Thompson's new book...

franny
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know when Linda Thompson's new book will be coming out? I thought originally it was suppose to be, around the Elvis' 30th Anniversary...

I was just curious about it...and I haven't heard of any updates...:hmm:

franny

Diane
10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I haven't seen or heard a thing either Franny. Does anyone have any news about it?

Diane

presley31
10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
haven't heard anything either.

malc07
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I heard it was to be released at the end of OCT this year.If that helps franny

franny
10-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks, malc! (y) I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say!

franny

JDD
10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't see anything available for pre order at Amazon, which gives me the
feeling it may end up being one of those Joe Esposito type self published sold through private website deals. I wouldn't mind hearing what she has to say but I dread that type of selling. I've had some nightmare experiences with some of those folks.

JD

EP75
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Linda and her brother Sam are putting it together. The last I heard was that it was coming out in August of this year. But I think Linda said as of this eyar that it would be out before the end of the year or early next year. Sometimes these autobiographies take longer to get out due to publishing rights and promotional tours. But it''s coming.

BrianK
10-03-2007, 05:45 PM
What happened to Ginger Alden & why doesn't she write a book?

karenC
10-03-2007, 07:48 PM
What happened to Ginger Alden & why doesn't she write a book?

I suspect that she doesn't have a whole lot to say:)

Stryx
10-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I suspect that she doesn't have a whole lot to say:)

The woman who found Elvis Presley dead doesent have much to say!

Understatement of the century!

She has just chosen not to.

riley
10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
I sure would like to hear her side of the story too

Nobody
10-04-2007, 07:37 AM
I do have her hardcover Book "Linda and Me" written by her close friend Jeanne LeMay Dumas wich was issued a couple of months ago.

So, now another book is coming?

franny
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I do have her hardcover Book "Linda and Me" written by her close friend Jeanne LeMay Dumas wich was issued a couple of months ago.

So, now another book is coming?

Linda and Me is by Linda's secretary and Linda's book will be by Linda and maybe her brother Sam has input...

btw, is Linda and Me a good book, was there anything new in it?

franny

cameron
10-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I think everyone will be seeing & hearing from Lida soon.
Maybe not in the way we expected though. ;)

Burning_Love
10-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I look foward to it, if there is one ! :D

karenC
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
The woman who found Elvis Presley dead doesent have much to say!

Understatement of the century!

She has just chosen not to.

She has discussed her relationship with Elvis in length already! Remember the tabloids and television appearances shortly after Elvis' death. Oh yeah, she tried to get into acting shortly thereafter! What does she know aside from what happened that tragic night that hasn't been told over and over again? She was very young at that time and I'm not blaming her for anything, but she and her family were profiting from their 15 minutes with Elvis and i personally believe that they would have never gotten married.

ksimms2
10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
She has discussed her relationship with Elvis in length already! Remember the tabloids and television appearances shortly after Elvis' death. Oh yeah, she tried to get into acting shortly thereafter! What does she know aside from what happened that tragic night that hasn't been told over and over again? She was very young at that time and I'm not blaming her for anything, but she and her family were profiting from their 15 minutes with Elvis and i personally believe that they would have never gotten married.

The MM say that if Linda had been with Elvis instead of Ginger, he would not have died that night. Linda would not go to sleep until she knew Elvis was okay and out of danger. Ginger on the other hand, did not take care of him like that. I know, it's not fair to blame her, but darnit, it's hard not to.....

Diane
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Linda and Me is impossible to find at a decent price. Not quite as exorbitant as Kathy's book but awful close. I do keep an eye out for both at a reasonable price.

diane

ksimms2
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Linda and Me is impossible to find at a decent price. Not quite as exorbitant as Kathy's book but awful close. I do keep an eye out for both at a reasonable price.

diane

sorry this is off topic but on the subject of the books I guess.....what's up with Kathy Westmoreland? I don't know much about her but I understand she likes to advertise herself through her relationship with Elvis too.....not a fan of hers right now. Any thoughts? or should I start a new thread?

karenC
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
The MM say that if Linda had been with Elvis instead of Ginger, he would not have died that night. Linda would not go to sleep until she knew Elvis was okay and out of danger. Ginger on the other hand, did not take care of him like that. I know, it's not fair to blame her, but darnit, it's hard not to.....

I think had he married Linda sooner in their relationship, she would have stuck it out with Elvis and perhaps prevented anything from happening that night, but he was so far gone by the time Gingerbread stepped in that I don't think anyone could save him but himself. We will never know because what's done is done, but Ginger just didn't put in the time to know anything else but her role in finding him dead.

presley31
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I think had he married Linda sooner in their relationship, she would have stuck it out with Elvis and perhaps prevented anything from happening that night, but he was so far gone by the time Gingerbread stepped in that I don't think anyone could save him but himself. We will never know because what's done is done, but Ginger just didn't put in the time to know anything else but her role in finding him dead.

to be quite honest l don't think anybody could of saved elvis:'(

ksimms2
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Karen, nicely said...I see you are using the "pet" name that the MM gave her....not sure if Elvis called her that or not? (actually they changed that name to something not so nice)

presley31
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
gingersnatch l believe they called her, if l remember right.

karenC
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Karen, nicely said...I see you are using the "pet" name that the MM gave her....not sure if Elvis called her that or not? (actually they changed that name to something not so nice)

Gingerbread was the pet name Elvis gave Ginger.

BrianK
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Well just about everyone else In Elvis' circle has written an Elvis book so it's surprising that Elvis' last girlfriend, who was with him when he died, hasn't written one. Maybe she feels she would be dumped on for not doing all she could. On the other hand she might change some opinions by telling her side of the story. It seems almost everyone except Elvis' dentist has told his story. I read that Elvis had just been to the dentist for fillings, and had a high dose of codeine in his systen for the pain when he died.

cameron
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2247550

marydoll
10-05-2007, 03:10 AM
ksimms,i'm with you on kathy westmoreland,just seen a dvd with her saying she and elvis had a relationship why do people wait until the person involved is dead and cant defend themselves? i'm not much of a fan of her's either