PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley jewelry

BrianK
09-16-2007, 09:47 PM
I would like to know how you can tell real Elvis Presley owned or worn jewelry from fake. I realize that all of his rings were individual items and it is hard to say for sure which were really worn or owned by EP. What about the TCB necklaces? How many of these were made & were reproductions made? I have not yet found any information in books on this and would appreciate any help from the users of this forum:).

Suzan
09-16-2007, 11:57 PM
It is very hard to tell, however w/the TCB/TLC necklaces, many reproductions made, and are continued to be made, shoot u can buy them direcetly from elvis.com.
Not to long ago one of the Stanley's (big surprise lol NOT) was selling what they claimed was Elvis' wedding band, yet nobody, including Priscilla could authenticate it. Elvis original wedding band was lost by him @ the Circle G (I've also heard Graceland) anyway, irregardless he lost it, Priscilla replaced it...but what happened to that one nobody knows for sure.
So I always say, buyer beware.

Dave Wyatt
09-17-2007, 04:38 AM
With the TCB and TLC necklaces there are plenty of fakes about. Lowell Hays (Memphis jeweler) made most of Elvis jewlery. I purchased a TCB directly from Lowell Hays myself which was made from the original mould. Lowell has always said he would be happy to authenticate any jewlery item.

Beware of people like Donna Presley Early who claim they have original Elvis items. She always charges thousands of dollars and always seems plausable. Once she takes your money you'll not see her again.

Suzan
09-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Very true Dave, I apologize I forgot abotu Mr. Lowell, but I was under impression that poster was asking for actual pieces owned by Elvis.:)

Oh man, yeah Donna Early...what a joke!...I don't think she has the scam going anymore since the authorities caught up w/her.:D

BrianK
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
There is gold TCB necklace for sale right now on eBay - unfortunately I can't find a way to link it to this forum. If you search "Elvis Presley TCB necklace" it will come right up - listed at $1500. It is 14K gold with diamonds, & looks like the one on the Lowell Hays website, but has more diamonds. Does any have a guess as to whether this is original or reproduction?

alstrada
09-17-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.jewelertotheking.com/tcbneck.html

www.rareelvispresley.com

Suzan
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Looks like a reproduction, I've not heard of any of the guys or women for that matter, around Elvis who have auctioned off the necklaces, so I am venturing to guess it's a reproduction, and IF it was actually owned by Elvis, it would go for much more then the $1,500.

BrianK
09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
From the little bit I have been able to research the past few days I have found that the original chains for the TCB necklace were designed by EP to be 26 inches long. The chain for sale here is only 20 inches - which seems a "tight fit". Based on this, I would have to guess this is neither an original nor an "authorized" reproduction.