PDA

View Full Version : Bill Burk slams George Klein new book...

franny
09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw this on EIN...

franny

Elvis World's Bill E. Burk recently received a review copy of George Klein's upcoming book, "Elvis Presley Family Album".

To say Bill was less than impressed is an understatement. Bill found the book to be riddled with errors and he says 99.99999% of the photos have been released before. Also, several of the photos are incorrectly identified and there are no one-on-one photos of George with Elvis during their Humes High years when George became Elvis' best friend. (News, Source: Bill E. Burk)

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/billburkselvisworld1.html

Diane
09-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Ha, interesting Franny, thanks for posting. This should generate quite a thread. :) I don't honestly know what to think of the man...don't know enough about him. Seems like there is no in-between with him, fans either hate him or think he's a great guy.

Diane

King_Creole
09-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Personally, I can't stand the guy. He's no better than some of the other "Memphis Mafia" guys that gets the shaft from most Elvis fans.

George Klein, along with Joe Esposito, are 2 of the same.

2 Leeches I might add.

I was in Memphis one summer, and they both had the audacity and nerve to charge fans to take photos with them, and to sign autographs !!!

Ha ... As if !!!

JDD
09-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Gee whatta shock Burke slamming someone :rolleyes:

Suzan
09-16-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't now what to make of George, I don't like him @ times, I think he's making all he can make out of his association w/Elvis, but Pris and Lisa still like him, him, Schilling and Esposito, I wonder why they are ok w/them but not the other's who've written books?
Anyway, I think all of them now are there to make money off Elvis...he's still the bread and butter for all of them, nothing in that area has changed since Elvis passing.:(
I used to think Jerry was different but since he to has written a book my esteem has gone down some.:(

Getlo
09-16-2007, 04:12 AM
I was in Memphis one summer, and they both had the audacity and nerve to charge fans to take photos with them, and to sign autographs !!!

Well, I was there this past (northern) summer ... George gave me his autograph and posed for a picture ... for nothing. He also gave me ten minutes of his time.

Yes, there are times when George lays it on a bit thick when it comes to Elvis, but he always speaks highly of the man and carries the banner for him and the fans.

Merry
09-16-2007, 04:23 AM
I know George is how he is supposed to be. (Shrug my shoulders, lol).

There seems to be a lot of ego with some of these people (who respond to George).

Generally speaking, when these people run down their previous friends, obviously from upsets from years ago, and they continue to lash out at each other, I don't understand. Why bother? Each to their own. I don't know if George responds back or not. I kinda feel turned off at those who were good friends, who then run each other down publicly.

I also wonder what their motivation is?

Kim

Suzan
09-16-2007, 04:46 AM
I also wonder what their motivation is?

Kim

$$$$$ who can get the most, jmo.:)

My friend met him as well and he was VERY VERY nice to her, posed for photos (yes more then 1) and gave autograph for NOTHING! That is why I'm on fence and don't know what to make of him because I hear contradicting stories where he is concerned...but at least he doesn't come across as rehearsed as some, who'll go unnamed but I'm sure u all know whom I'm referring to lol, like he is reciting a cue card lol...and I do like him for not every saying anything bad about Elvis, at least not that I've read or heard.

Merry
09-16-2007, 05:02 AM
You know, I know George is supposed to be one who exaggerates. (Probably to the max).

I get the feeling, that that is just him, and he has always been a "story teller".

So why don't his previous acquaintances laugh, knowing what he is like, as he has probably always been that way?

As has been said, he is still a good friend to Elvis, always has been. His motivation isn't to be "cheap" with private details, to sell his story.

I also read somewhere, just remembered, that Bill Burk was banned from Sirius Radio (I don't know the story). Duh! (re my memory) lol

So that would be part of Bill's motivation?

Kim

Suzan
09-16-2007, 05:05 AM
That is a very very good and legitimate ? Kim, if they know George is a story teller why get upset? It's not like this would be new to them? I think w/alot of them it boils down to jealousy...I really believe that, that and who will make more $ off Elvis...they vied for his attention, they were jealous of ea. of their relationships w/Elvis while he was alive, and it seems they are still at it, who his best friend is, who knew him better, etc...blah blah blah.
I've heard the name Bill Burk and I've read some of his stuff, but who IS he exactly? And why do some hold what he says as anything w/weight to it?

meg
09-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Bill Burk himself is a big liar.(n)(n)His book ELVIS THROUGH MY EYES is not the truth.He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)That book is filled with fairytales.(n)(n)

Suzan
09-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Bill Burk himself is a big liar.(n)(n)His book ELVIS THROUGH MY EYES is not the truth.He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)That book is filled with fairytales.(n)(n)

Is THAT who that is? Dang ok roflmfao...why does anyone believe or hold weight to anything this guy says? The way some speak of him I thought he was someone big in the Elvis world, though I didn't quite believe that because we know all the big players. :D

marijaep
09-16-2007, 05:25 AM

I've read that book.....:blink:
There was nothing wrong with it, except that it was boring on some points (n)
I didn't know when Mr. Burk saw or even talked with Elvis..
Are you sure about that?
Anyway...thanks for the info.

Marija

Merry
09-16-2007, 05:43 AM
I saw this on EIN...

franny

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/billburkselvisworld1.html (http://www.elvisinfonet.com/billburkselvisworld1.html)

I find this amusing, as the Memphis Mafia book used photos, without receiving authorisation from the photographer, (and had to remove said photos from the following printing/s) yet that man, who co-wrote the Memphis Mafia book, is currently slamming George Klein for using photos which (he says) aren't new. (The MM authors didn't ask for authorisation) isn't that a big "boo boo" lol? (Duh!)

Gobsmacked!

It appears to me, that they have said all they can about Elvis, now they are turning on each other.

In my opinion, it is time for a nice drink, chips and dip, to watch their "performances". :hmm::doh: "$$$$$$$$$$$"

Getlo
09-16-2007, 05:45 AM

Examples, please???

marijaep
09-16-2007, 05:45 AM
I find this amusing, as the Memphis Mafia book used photos, without receiving authorisation from the photographer, (and had to remove said photos from the following printing/s) yet that man from the MM is currently slamming George Klein for using photos which (he says) aren't new.

Gobsmacked!

It appears to me, that they have said all they can about Elvis, now they are turning on each other.

In my opinion, it is time for a nice drink, chips and dip, to watch their "performances". :hmm::doh: "$$$$$$$$$$$"

:blink: - the MM are confusing me........:blink:

By the way......NICE avatar Kimmi :clap::D

meg
09-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Examples, please???

As I wrote already:He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)
Dont believe every thing in all books(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Pat Perry said :We didn?t know who was Bill Burk before Elvis died!

rocknroll
09-16-2007, 05:53 AM
I have nothing personal against GK but as a former DJ, I think he is very lame in that area, as are most of the Elvis radio DJs. Nice in person? Sure. Good as DJs? No.

marijaep
09-16-2007, 05:54 AM

Hi there meg,
How do you know he met him only in the train?
- that's what i want to know :blink:

Getlo
09-16-2007, 05:55 AM

How do you know he didn't see Elvis at other times?

"I lived one minute from Graceland. At times I would visit Elvis in Graceland. On rare occasions, he stopped by my house."

How do you know he's lying?

His magazine, Bill E.Burk's Elvis World is always good ...

Suzan
09-16-2007, 06:41 AM

"I lived one minute from Graceland. At times I would visit Elvis in Graceland. On rare occasions, he stopped by my house."

I've not seen that mag is it still around, still being published? I've heard such negative things about this guy, mostly from those close to Elvis who say he didn't know Elvis and that they'd never heard of him.?????? Why would they say that? I'm am sooo confused as to what to believe about this man now too. Gosh...wish someone would shed some sort of truth or light to all this.:(

meg
09-16-2007, 06:45 AM

Believe it if you like it!I?v got the impression that some people believe every book.:lmfao:

Getlo
09-16-2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/billburkselvisworld1.html

Getlo
09-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Believe it if you like it!I?v got the impression that some people believe every book.:lmfao:

Hardly.

And you still haven't answered my questions re Burk.

Merry
09-16-2007, 06:48 AM

(y)

Hi Meg, (y)

Kim

Suzan
09-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Good link thank you Getlo..:D
I think what he said about Sirius and epe is true, sadly.:(

Suzan
09-16-2007, 06:52 AM
I tend not to believe any book wholeheartedly, w/the exception of Child Bride. Yiikes, ok I opened another can of worms...here we go.:(

meg
09-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Hardly.

And you still haven't answered my questions re Burk.

What should I say tell you:D I told it already :D

Getlo
09-16-2007, 06:55 AM
(y)

Hi Meg, (y)

Kim

And Jess/Kim hasn't furnished her evidence on Burk's claims either ...

Merry
09-16-2007, 06:57 AM
What I've read on AEK, interviews, etc., and on the net, you know, I always think "what is this person's motivation"?

It always helps to put stories into prospective, for me.

No motivation, but sincerity (in my opinion) = I open my mind a bit more.

Motivation (to me) = I think about what makes sense, and think about what motivates the story teller.

Kimmi

marijaep
09-16-2007, 07:32 AM
How can we know if Mr. Burk only met Elvis in that train???
--- and how can we know if he is lying or not without any evidence?
I don't say I believe everything i read...but i also don't want to say that i don't because there is a possibility to be true. If there is some evidence that he is lying... then it's different.

Getlo
09-16-2007, 07:38 AM
What should I say tell you:D I told it already :D

More avoidance ... ;)

The only things you have posted on here are:

Pat Perry said :We didn?t know who was Bill Burk before Elvis died!

Hardly what I would call "telling it already". You've offered no evidence that Burk's claims about seeing Elvis any time other than on the train are untrue. You have offered your opinion, nothing more. But is there any evidence ... a book reference, someone else to quote ... etc, etc?

Nope. Nothing so far ...

Getlo
09-16-2007, 07:40 AM
How can we know if Mr. Burk only met Elvis in that train???
--- and how can we know if he is lying or not without any evidence?
I don't say I believe everything i read...but i also don't want to say that i don't because there is a possibility to be true. If there is some evidence that he is lying... then it's different.

Exactly, marijaep. (y)(y)(y)

Care to respond to both me and marijaep, meg?

meg
09-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Did you see other pictures of BB and Elvis as the 2 or 3 on the train:lol:

marijaep
09-16-2007, 07:41 AM
More avoidance ... ;)

The only things you have posted on here are:

Hardly what I would call "telling it already". You've offered no evidence that Burk's claims about seeing Elvis any time other than on the train are untrue. You have offered your opinion, nothing more. But is there any evidence ... a book reference, someone else to quote ... etc, etc?

Nope. Nothing so far ...

Thanks Getlo, that's what i meant too. You make sense here (y)

jak
09-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Did you see other pictures of BB and Elvis as the 2 or 3 on the train:lol:

You are greatly mistaken if you think photo's were taken everytime somebody met Elvis.My friend who got a TLC from Elvis met him over the course of 4 years.Not only does she not have a photo of her and Elvis together,she never took a photo either.Although Elvis was generous with the fans,it was understood that he didnt always want pics taken during his private time.
Jak

Diane
09-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Thank god for that Jak. After all the photos taken of him out there I often wondered if he ever had any private time at all. :)

Diane

presley31
09-16-2007, 08:50 AM
doesn't look like he did diane, no wonder graceland was such a relief for elvis.

meg
09-16-2007, 08:52 AM
You are greatly mistaken if you think photo's were taken everytime somebody met Elvis.My friend who got a TLC from Elvis met him over the course of 4 years.Not only does she not have a photo of her and Elvis together,she never took a photo either.Although Elvis was generous with the fans,it was understood that he didnt always want pics taken during his private time.
Jak

I didn?t talk about your friend.(n)(n)but about Bill Burk:D

marijaep
09-16-2007, 08:54 AM

And what's the difference? They both got to know Elvis...and didn't take pictures on every occasion.
We still don't have the evidence

Getlo
09-16-2007, 09:03 AM
And what's the difference? They both got to know Elvis...and didn't take pictures on every occasion.
We still don't have the evidence

There is none, so far.

Pure conjecture, bias and speculation all round ...

jak
09-16-2007, 09:15 AM

You did not.However you implied that since Burke doesnt have more photo's it underlined his credibility.I was merely pointing out that a lack of photos means nothing.
Jak

jak
09-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Thank god for that Jak. After all the photos taken of him out there I often wondered if he ever had any private time at all. :)

Diane

I asked my friend long ago why shwe didnt take some photo's.She gave me two reasons.The first was that she always thought he would be around.You just never thougth of him passing away.The other was that he just liked to relax when around his friends and take it easy.She said it just semed like a nuiscance to ask him tio popse for photo's.He liked a break from that stuff just like anybody would.He appreciated when people would respect him like that without asking for stuff.
Jak

Diane
09-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Makes perfect sense to me Jak. I'm sure there are a lot of other people who shared some time with Elvis and never had photos taken.

Diane

ksimms2
09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
your friend is a smart person jak for respecting elvis that way......I commend her for it.....she probably has some really special memories.

franny
09-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Does everyone take pics with their friends, all the time?

It's not always possible! I know sometimes, I forget my camera...:lol:

franny

Suzan
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
:hug:I agree w/all you've said Marija...I don't know enough about this man to either believe or disbelieve, all I know is what I've heard from other's...and none of us here can know for 100% because the other half of this debate is not here to say. As w/many topics on this forum, lol, but all we can do is ???? and hope that there is enough maturity here so that real hard feelings don't develop and we learn to agree to disagree. I also think that if people make statements directed at another that they finish what they started and not start someting then run...not saying this is what is happening here, just saying in general from what I've observed of some. :(
This is a lovely forum, a lot of great ? that really make you think, a lot of great people and the forum is wonderful as are the owner's of it, so I think if nothing else we need to respect that and hopefully ea. other. JMO

K again thanks Marija I so agree w/u and Getlo to a point...:D:D:D:D:D

King_Creole
09-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Pure conjecture, bias and speculation all round ...

This quote reminds me of a great number of threads and posts made by a certain member of this forum ... :lmfao:

Suzan
09-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree Jak w/what ur friend did.:D:D
I did same thing when I met his daughter, I didn't ask for photos, etc..we just chatted, like any 2 people would, I didn't want to ask her what she's been asked a million times and they do appreciate it, it does get tiring and they to just want to relax and not worry about who wants what, that is no way to live in my opinion.:D

marijaep
09-17-2007, 03:10 AM
:hug:I agree w/all you've said Marija...I don't know enough about this man to either believe or disbelieve, all I know is what I've heard from other's...and none of us here can know for 100% because the other half of this debate is not here to say. As w/many topics on this forum, lol, but all we can do is ???? and hope that there is enough maturity here so that real hard feelings don't develop and we learn to agree to disagree. I also think that if people make statements directed at another that they finish what they started and not start someting then run...not saying this is what is happening here, just saying in general from what I've observed of some. :(
This is a lovely forum, a lot of great ? that really make you think, a lot of great people and the forum is wonderful as are the owner's of it, so I think if nothing else we need to respect that and hopefully ea. other. JMO

K again thanks Marija I so agree w/u and Getlo to a point...:D:D:D:D:D

Hey Suzan :D Thank you :hug:
That's exactly what i wanted to say...;) No evidence = no truth :D

Suzan
09-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi Marija! :D:D:D:D Did I tell u that is my mom's bf name? :D

Yes, exactly, so all we're doing is reading other's veiwpoint and opinion, shoot for all we know ALL of us a wrong! Including the people telling the "facts/stories".:):hug:

jak
09-17-2007, 05:27 AM
My wife took photo's of Elvis at 4 concerts over the years.When she met him at Graceland in 76 in the rear of the property she also had her camera.She had just got done photographing Linda and Lisa when Elvis drove up.She didnt take a photo of him at the time which would have meant a lot to her.She says the reason she didnt snap one was that she was to stunned to even think about it.
Jak

Diane
09-17-2007, 06:54 AM
I can see myself doing that very same thing and hating myself for ever.:) I'm still upset at not having brought a camera at the two concerts we saw Elvis in. Although we were told no cameras were allowed, there were quite a few flashes going off in the audience.:'(

Diane

rawkinlvs
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
well i have to agree with mr burk , george klien said onhis radio hour on sirius radio that his book would be filled with private /unpublishedc photos-and it seems none are privwate or unpublished

Mr Robert
09-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I do not see a problem making money off Elvis. When Elvis passed away, these guys had to continue making a living --and, most importantly, George seems to keep the man alive with respect and dignity.

Sure you will always have jealousy and ego's but what celebrity circle doesn't?

I listen to Sirius Radio during the day and like the way Elvis is kept on the airwaves. Actually GK said to send a self addressed stamped envelope and he would send an autographed photo of himself and Elvis, FREE. I did so last week and will give him the benefit of the doubt. Look for another comment here depending what is (or isn't) in my mailbox in coming weeks.

M.R.

TLC67
09-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I can see myself doing that very same thing and hating myself for ever.:) I'm still upset at not having brought a camera at the two concerts we saw Elvis in. Although we were told no cameras were allowed, there were quite a few flashes going off in the audience.:'(

Diane

Yep. That's just like me. I'll have my camera in the car for weeks, then BAM! Big photo opportunity and where...where is the camera??? Just took it in the house yesterday!

Stryx
09-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I do not see a problem making money off Elvis. When Elvis passed away, these guys had to continue making a living --and, most importantly, George seems to keep the man alive with respect and dignity.

Sure you will always have jealousy and ego's but what celebrity circle doesn't?

I listen to Sirius Radio during the day and like the way Elvis is kept on the airwaves. Actually GK said to send a self addressed stamped envelope and he would send an autographed photo of himself and Elvis, FREE. I did so last week and will give him the benefit of the doubt. Look for another comment here depending what is (or isn't) in my mailbox in coming weeks.

M.R.

If you do some more research into what George has said and what actually happened in certain situations you will see George Klein is full of it.

Stryx
09-29-2007, 06:47 PM
well i have to agree with mr burk , george klien said onhis radio hour on sirius radio that his book would be filled with private /unpublishedc photos-and it seems none are privwate or unpublished

Yeah and Bill met and spoke with Elvis in 1977. Very interesting story that is. He also brought Elvis flying early on in Elvis's career.

ksimms2
09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
about photo taking - I've been reading Revelations From The Memphis Mafia and they just made the comment about Joe Esposito and Priscilla being the only ones taking photo's and home movies and that they couldn't even get a copy from them....also I watched the mini series, ELVIS, today with Jonathan Rheys Meyers (it sucked too) and they had George Klein throughout. Probably not exactly on topic....but just wanted to throw that in.

Stryx
09-29-2007, 06:55 PM
about photo taking - I've been reading Revelations From The Memphis Mafia and they just made the comment about Joe Esposito and Priscilla being the only ones taking photo's and home movies and that they couldn't even get a copy from them....also I watched the mini series, ELVIS, today with Jonathan Rheys Meyers (it sucked too) and they had George Klein throughout. Probably not exactly on topic....but just wanted to throw that in.

To quote Joe....

Thats how the game is played

Suzan
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Jerry Schilling also has home movies, he made mention of them not to long ago in a t.v. interview.
I wonder why nobody else took home movies?

ricardo b. prospero
09-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Suzan, as if you don't know that birds of a feather really flock together. Elvis is a poor victim of his fame and glory perfectly exploited by relatives (wife and daughter) and close friends. Everybody have jumped in the bandwagon to share a piece of the cake. In my personal opinion the only person worth the real trust of Elvis was his mom and nobody else.I am quite sure no one will dispute the fact that money rules over almost everything and can easily defy the value of relationship. The good saying No money, no honey is a popular policy among those who pretend to be good to Elvis.

Merry
09-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Suzan, as if you don't know that birds of a feather really flock together. Elvis is a poor victim of his fame and glory perfectly exploited by relatives (wife and daughter) and close friends. Everybody have jumped in the bandwagon to share a piece of the cake. In my personal opinion the only person worth the real trust of Elvis was his mom and nobody else.I am quite sure no one will dispute the fact that money rules over almost everything and can easily defy the value of relationship. The good saying No money, no honey is a popular policy among those who pretend to be good to Elvis.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion, if anyone has any right to continue with Elvis' business, it is Lisa.

There are still a lot of Elvis' friends around, who aren't known by the fans, who aren't in the public eye; they put him first, and love him unconditionally, and show it in their own way.

Take care,
Kim

Stryx
09-30-2007, 07:37 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion, if anyone has any right to continue with Elvis' business, it is Lisa.

There are still a lot of Elvis' friends around, who aren't known by the fans, who aren't in the public eye; they put him first, and love him unconditionally, and show it in their own way.

Take care,
Kim

Billy was the closest person to Elvis when Elvis died. Everyone agrees with that, strange that Lisa has so little to do with her dads cousin and trusted friend right until the end.