PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie BLASTS the Memphis Mafia-I love it!

EP75
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I just saw this and Lisa shows her rebellious side when talking of the inspiration behind Nobody Noticed It. She cuts the mafia down to size like nobody has ever done before. This is why I love this girl! She don't put up with no BS. She tells it like it is.(y)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=DogQhVI2q_s&NR=1

Burning_Love
08-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I Like this interview --> I also like the 'MM' But good for her for sticking up for herself (y) and her father (y)

presley31
08-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Good on Lisa, the mm deserve every word she said about them.

Suzan
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
I did jib the first time I saw this interview, I thought WOW finally someone says something.
Thanks for posting this, very nice to hear again.:D:D
Oh and Miss Lisa she blasted part of the media @ the concert about leaking the duet. :D :)

Diane
08-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought it was a great interview, thanks for posting EP75.(y)

Diane

GirlHappy19
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank You For Posting The Link.great Interview.was About Time And Im Glad It Was Lm.good Lm

EP75
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
You guys are all welcome.:) I do want to say that those she was referring to were the bad side of the Memphis Mafia. They were Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker and Sonny West. I also believe Dick Grob was on there too that was degrading EP. The good side of the Mafia was Jerry Schilling, George Klein, Charlie Hodge (RIP), Larry Gellar, Joe Esposito and Al Strada. Those are the ones Lisa still associates with.

CRITTERGITTER
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm glad she is beginning to stand up for him. I'll never know why he was surrounded by these types of people. Good for you Lisa.

rocknroll
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Some of those guys are so bitter it is getting old. Lisa's "I'm a bad a$$" attitude is getting old also.

JDD
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Some of them have spent the last decade or so badmouthing her in interviews so "turn abouts fair play" and all.....

presley31
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Some of those guys are so bitter it is getting old. Lisa's "I'm a bad a$$" attitude is getting old also.

Love that about her(y)

Merry
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
That's why they take cheap shots, because Lisa speaks the truth. Lisa also takes the higher ground.

Thing is, the fans and Elvis' many true friends "know", that is why they are around, as I've mentioned before,b.

He is loved by many, including Lisa!

Kimmi

The King's Queen
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Thing is, the fans and Elvis' many true friends "know", that is why they are around, as I've mentioned before,b.

He is loved by many, including Lisa!

Kimmi

True...so true! (y)

SeeSeeRider777
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I cant stand the MM. Especially Sonny, Red West and the other ones who wrote Elvis: What Happened? How dare they break that code of silence. So what V.P. fired you, they did not do that do help Elvis they did that to make money. I am disgusted with them. Bunch of turncoats.

Merry
08-20-2007, 10:53 PM
True...so true! (y)

Hello my special friend! One of the many who love him.

Love ya!

:hug:
Kimmi

SweetCaroline
08-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I cant stand the MM. Especially Sonny, Red West and the other ones who wrote Elvis: What Happened? How dare they break that code of silence. So what V.P. fired you, they did not do that do help Elvis they did that to make money. I am disgusted with them. Bunch of turncoats.

The other one....Dave Hebler (n)

I totally agree with you.
You just don't do THAT!

Your boss lets you go tomorrow because money at your company is tight and you're causing some issues for him in his business. You going to set out to destroy his life and him... going to teach him a lesson.....and line your pockets while seeking your revenge. Childish, evil, and spiteful.:angry:
The...."We were just trying to SAVE him" is nothing but...B.S....C.Y.A.

Albert
08-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I have a mixed opinion about the MM: it's easy to bash them (especially Dave, Sonny and Red), but you must not forget that Elvis needed them. Needed them as friends, as sidekicks, as sort of family and as protection.

Only focusing on a few bad years would be wrong. And the whole "Elvis What Happened" book... well, much of what had been written seemed to be true. And the truth sucked.

Lisa, as a little kid, had very little to do with the nasty side of Elvis. The times on the road, the times Elvis overmedicated himself, the mood-swings... things the members of the MM had to coop with. Lisa was Elvis (spoiled) little angel.

It's so easy to judge afterwards, and this view from Lisa on the MM seems to me like a cheap shot. I wonder when she will confront her mother with the fact that Elvis life turned around (for the bad) when Priscilla wanted to divorce?

nabelt24
08-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Very cool! Thank you for sharing this!

Donut
08-21-2007, 02:45 AM
I wonder when she will confront her mother with the fact that Elvis life turned around (for the bad) when Priscilla wanted to divorce?

Yeah or the tell all book her mother wrote where she explains how Elvis kept her in a cage, hit her on the front to teach her how to stare, made love to her forcefully, throwed a chair to her when she stated her opinion on his songs, cheated on her over and over again, ridiculized her in front of people for the way she dressed, intorduced her to drugs... a nice book that has nothing to envy to Elvis What Happened. She is in the same league as the MM wether you like it or not and remember she did that while at EPE where she was supposed to keep his image and legacy. So for me she would be the worst of them just for that.

Dovey
08-21-2007, 03:54 AM
(y)(y) Good for Lisa Marie, really happy to see her sticking up for her dad.... about time someone steps forward with some truth. Have been waiting for this for a long time... thanks so much for posting. Dovey ;)

Miss Clawdy
08-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I have a mixed opinion about the MM: it's easy to bash them (especially Dave, Sonny and Red), but you must not forget that Elvis needed them. Needed them as friends, as sidekicks, as sort of family and as protection.

Only focusing on a few bad years would be wrong. And the whole "Elvis What Happened" book... well, much of what had been written seemed to be true. And the truth sucked.

Lisa, as a little kid, had very little to do with the nasty side of Elvis. The times on the road, the times Elvis overmedicated himself, the mood-swings... things the members of the MM had to coop with. Lisa was Elvis (spoiled) little angel.

It's so easy to judge afterwards, and this view from Lisa on the MM seems to me like a cheap shot. I wonder when she will confront her mother with the fact that Elvis life turned around (for the bad) when Priscilla wanted to divorce?

I agree on all points.
The day Elvis died also was the end of the great and merry life they led with him. I don't think they expected it to be ever over and sure not that soon. I believe there was a close friendship between all of them, some of them more and some less.

presley31
08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Lisa saw more than we ever did, so good for her to say what she did, and for priscilla well theres more to that story than we all know about.

ksimms2
08-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah or the tell all book her mother wrote where she explains how Elvis kept her in a cage, hit her on the front to teach her how to stare, made love to her forcefully, throwed a chair to her when she stated her opinion on his songs, cheated on her over and over again, ridiculized her in front of people for the way she dressed, intorduced her to drugs... a nice book that has nothing to envy to Elvis What Happened. She is in the same league as the MM wether you like it or not and remember she did that while at EPE where she was supposed to keep his image and legacy. So for me she would be the worst of them just for that.

I must say, very good point....I'm not bashing anyone....but if she is downing MM for saying things about her dad...how about the things her mom said? Good point...:blink:

presley31
08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
The MM were in the same stuff elvis was plain and simple, but this thread has nothing to do with priscilla.

EP75
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Prisiclla never said half that stuff about EP Someone is making it up.:mad:

ksimms2
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
You are right, this thread is not about Priscilla, however someone made the comparison of what Priscilla has said (and yes she printed it in her book so she did say stuff) vs. what the MM has said....which I thought was a good point.....you know - some of you guys get very defensive and sometimes downright nasty in your rebuttles. Just because we disagree doesn't mean it needs to turn ugly. I have nothing against Priscilla, or Lisa and like both of them and wish them well.....I was just making the comparison of Lisa bad mouthing MM when her mom has said some horrible stuff (in print) herself.....that's all......."can't we all just PLEASE get along???....."

Donut
08-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Prisiclla never said half that stuff about EP Someone is making it up.:mad:

It?s on her book I?m not making it up. Read it before calling someone a liar.

Donut
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
You are right, this thread is not about Priscilla, however someone made the comparison of what Priscilla has said (and yes she printed it in her book so she did say stuff) vs. what the MM has said....which I thought was a good point.....you know - some of you guys get very defensive and sometimes downright nasty in your rebuttles. Just because we disagree doesn't mean it needs to turn ugly. I have nothing against Priscilla, or Lisa and like both of them and wish them well.....I was just making the comparison of Lisa bad mouthing MM when her mom has said some horrible stuff (in print) herself.....that's all......."can't we all just PLEASE get along???....."

That was the point with the comparison. In the Elvis world there seem to be two gropus:
- the good ones = Priscilla, Jerry Schilling, Joe Espostito...
- the bad ones = Sonny West, Red West, Lamar, Marty...
The most laughable part of it is the good ones have proclaimed themselves that way and what I?m trying to explain is they are all the same. If we have to blame one for telling Elvis private life we can?t leave the other out because they all are living off Elvis 30 years after his death or at least earning an extra money from doing it from time to time and all them has told things that I don?t think he had aproved, least of all from the mother of his child.

tilly01
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
at least when sonny west talks about elvis he never bad mouths him or changes his stories unlike princess priscilla she changes her stories when it suits her, lisa marie needs to ask her mother these questions too if she sat down with sonny west he would be totally honest with her and she would get the right answers not the crap her mother would or have said to lisa bout her dad. And yes priscilla was the worst betrayal i am sure there are many more stories that sonny or red would say but they keep it to themselves for their loyalty to elvis and that book that priscilla wrote she is the one that said elvis forced onto her which i don't believe at all that is the worst betrayal saying that.

Burning_Love
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Yeah i agree with you 100% !

presley31
08-21-2007, 10:31 AM
at least when sonny west talks about elvis he never bad mouths him or changes his stories unlike princess priscilla she changes her stories when it suits her, lisa marie needs to ask her mother these questions too if she sat down with sonny west he would be totally honest with her and she would get the right answers not the crap her mother would or have said to lisa bout her dad. And yes priscilla was the worst betrayal i am sure there are many more stories that sonny or red would say but they keep it to themselves for their loyalty to elvis and that book that priscilla wrote she is the one that said elvis forced onto her which i don't believe at all that is the worst betrayal saying that.

MM are full of crap, and always will be in my eyes. I didn't see nothing wrong with priscilla, heck my son will know one day his mother isn't a saint:doh:

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
It's alright for Lisa as she is living off her fathers legacy through EPE and other such ventures, any other money she has earned has been through her father i.e. her limited singing career. LMP wouldn't have made it without being who she is...... the point being, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Some of the MM have sold their souls to the devil, but lets think things through for a second, I'm not going to justify their behaver but some of these guys worked for Elvis for over 20 years and whilst they may have spent most of that time doing their respective jobs, some of them didn't have a trade to support them once Elvis passed away.

The closest analogy I can come too is the cast from Star Trek, each year they make their living recalling memories and stories at the annual conferences and writing books... The same can be said for the MM, each year their stories become more fantastical to keep people interested, to ensure they were Elvis' closest friend and companion. This year more than ever there has been book releases for the 30th anniversary, we may not like what these guys have done but given the same circumstances would we be able to resist when it means paying the bills and putting food on the table. There is one more thing we should consider, there is demand for these books and whilst we may not like the content, there is without doubt truth within them.

Diane
08-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm reasonably sure that Lisa and Priscilla have had words in private. I can't blame her for not blasting her own mother in public.

Diane

presley31
08-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm reasonably sure that Lisa and Priscilla have had words in private. I can't blame her for not blasting her own mother in public.

Diane

l agree diane(y)

Burning_Love
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
It's alright for Lisa as she is living off her fathers legacy through EPE and other such ventures, any other money she has earned has been through her father i.e. her limited singing career. LMP wouldn't have made it without being who she is...... the point being, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Some of the MM have sold their souls to the devil, but lets think things through for a second, I'm not going to justify their behaver but some of these guys worked for Elvis for over 20 years and whilst they may have spent most of that time doing their respective jobs, some of them didn't have a trade to support them once Elvis passed away.

The closest analogy I can come too is the cast from Star Trek, each year they make their living recalling memories and stories at the annual conferences and writing books... The same can be said for the MM, each year their stories become more fantastical to keep people interested, to ensure they were Elvis' closest friend and companion. This year more than ever there has been book releases for the 30th anniversary, we may not like what these guys have done but given the same circumstances would we be able to resist when it means paying the bills and putting food on the table. There is one more thing we should consider, there is demand for these books and whilst we may not like the content, there is without doubt truth within them.

I like the way you put that..and it's very true, well done, you hit the 'nail on the head' :clap:

ksimms2
08-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Diane

Diane, you may be right about this...something I haven't considered - Lisa could have said something to her mom in private and I'm sure she wouldn't have done this in the public eye....good point. (y)

Tony Trout
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM

I frankly think she's still a spoiled little angel....or maybe angel is too nice of a term....her attitude and the way she comes across to the public is what sickens me about her sometimes.

I wonder if she ever has confronted her about it?

Exactly! Very well said!!

Again...very well said and I agree!!

presley31
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I frankly think she's still a spoiled little angel....or maybe angel is too nice of a term....her attitude and the way she comes across to the public is what sickens me about her sometimes.

I wonder if she ever has confronted her about it?

Exactly! Very well said!!

Again...very well said and I agree!!

Nothing wrong with lisa marie at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa and her mother did get things sorted with eachtogther(y)

Tony Trout
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Nothing wrong with lisa marie at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa and her mother did get things sorted with eachtogther(y)

I never said that anything was wrong with Lisa...I just said that I don't like her attitude. As far as there not being anything wrong with her at all, well....she's not exactly a perfect human being and neither are any of us and I'm sure that Elvis (if he were still here) wouldn't agree with some of the things she's done or gotten involved in (the word "Scientology" comes to mind). And I'm sure he was rolling over in his grave when she married Michael Jackson.

ksimms2
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I never said that anything was wrong with Lisa...I just said that I don't like her attitude. As far as there not being anything wrong with her at all, well....she's not exactly a perfect human being and neither are any of us and I'm sure that Elvis (if he were still here) wouldn't agree with some of the things she's done or gotten involved in (the word "Scientology" comes to mind). And I'm sure he was rolling over in his grave when she married Michael Jackson.

Amen on the Michael Jackson thing...do you know that Jerry Schilling and his then girlfriend (can't remember which one at the time - I think Myrna) took Lisa Marie to a Jackson 5 concert and she met Michael in person? She was just a young girl back then....who could have guessed she'd marry him years later? :blink:

presley31
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
well the micheal jackson l agree she could of done better, but besides that l don't see her doing anything wrong myself.

Tony Trout
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Amen on the Michael Jackson thing...do you know that Jerry Schilling and his then girlfriend (can't remember which one at the time - I think Myrna) took Lisa Marie to a Jackson 5 concert and she met Michael in person? She was just a young girl back then....who could have guessed she'd marry him years later? :blink:

Yep, I knew that and yep I believe that Jerry was dating Myrna at that time.

The Michael Jackson marriage was just one out of convenience because they were/are both kids who came a similar background with their parents being celebrities.

Trev1
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Nice interview....... personally I think she was spoiled when she was younger and now goes around with some sort of chip on her shoulder...but is a good person :hmm:

Tony Trout
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Nice interview....... personally I think she was spoiled when she was younger and now goes around with some sort of chip on her shoulder...but is a good person :hmm:

My thoughts exactly....

presley31
08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
we all have a chip on our shoulder, but being elvis daughter and growing up and being allowed to do everything, l would be spoiled too.

Trev1
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
we all have a chip on our shoulder, but being elvis daughter and growing up and being allowed to do everything, l would be spoiled too.

true, true....

Cherokee
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
You guys are all welcome.:) I do want to say that those she was referring to were the bad side of the Memphis Mafia. They were Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker and Sonny West. I also believe Dick Grob was on there too that was degrading EP. The good side of the Mafia was Jerry Schilling, George Klein, Charlie Hodge (RIP), Larry Gellar, Joe Esposito and Al Strada. Those are the ones Lisa still associates with.

I know why Red, Sonny and Hebler are always villained as the ones
who betrayed Elvis with their book by a great many Elvis fans.
After my initial anger at them, though, it turned out many of the
things they'd said were true, unfortunately. I choose to believe
what they said in the 1977 press conference, BEFORE Elvis died:
that the book was meant as a wake-up call in hopes that he
would turn his life around.
Like I said in another thread: had Elvis not died and had he
taken their book indeed as a shock treatment to turn his life
around and had he subsequently gotten clean and survived,
then the three guys would now be hailed by all the fandom
as Elvis' saviors; heroes who risked their own livelihood in a
desperate attempt to save a former employer and friend's
life.
But: Elvis died and they were cast off to hell by a certain
denomination of fans.
Still: does breaking the silence, exposing the cover-ups,
make them bad and automatically those who chose to
keep on covering up and enabling, good? I beg to differ.
Point is: everybody in and around that house was an
enabler and powerless to Elvis' demands - either springing
from character or from drugs.
Besides: having somebody under the influence with
loaded guns at his side -> not a good combo:supriced:

In total agreement with all you said. Lisa left Graceland at age 4,
only to return every now and then to spend a vacation there.
Elvis was on the road roughly 65% of the year. The rest of his
time was divided over Graceland, California and some holiday
locations. His day and night schedule was upside down, he
used massive doses of medication. Much of the time he was
around during visits of Lisa, he wasn't physically there for her
because he was asleep.

In total agreement. But you know as well as I do, that Morticia
changes her stories every couple of years or so. I predicted this
a long time ago: one day she may even renew her wedding
vows to him at his gravesite.(n)

I agree on all points.
The day Elvis died also was the end of the great and merry life they led with him. I don't think they expected it to be ever over and sure not that soon. I believe there was a close friendship between all of them, some of them more and some less.

I thought most of the original guys were all fired or left around
1976-1977? I thought Elvis was mostly surrounded by new
meat in his last months, except for Charlie. Joe didn't live close
to Graceland anymore, either..... Somebody enlighten me, please.:hmm:

Merry
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't know how long ago that interview was, Lisa looks late 20's early 30's?

One thing that struck me, is watching Lisa's face. Her emotions went from deep, deep, hurt :'( to complete anger, holding herself back, as she didn't want to show her feelings in public, to "yeah, waiting for you, bring it on :angry:". That mix of emotions in that short period of time, was telling to me. That only comes from loving someone deeply, extremely deeply, as she does.

The "E" Show, when was that aired? I gather a while ago.

The thing is, is when people are private, as Lisa is, is that she would feel that she has to be so aware of what she says, as the Tabloids grab onto anything. She is an intelligent woman, she would be thinking ahead. So there is the difficulty of the "Rock and a Hard Place". She said something anyway, no matter what the consequences. I feel, and I do like to observe people's faces and body language, that she was absolutely furious, she was succinct in her reply (like her father) saying everything she needed to say, not opening any doors for further discussion. Her comments were obviously well thought out. She wouldn't do that, unless she wanted to, from caring deeply.

I believe Sonny's new book, takes a knock at Lisa (I haven't read it, it was as mentioned by AJR on here, a while back, so I could be wrong, I don't want to say things out of context and be wrong, but it appeared to be to me, from what she posted).

SM said one time, that because of that show, "E" that is why they continue to take cheap shots at Lisa, as does Lacker (besides all the other obvious reasons of their continual attempts to justify their behaviour, otherwise, why bother talking about it all the time?). My opinion, anyway.

Now a bit along the track, Lisa (who is still reasonabily newly married) is taking the high ground through being positive, reinforcing the good, giving to charity, thinking of others, caring for others. As Charlie did, as Mr Presley did (I have a letter, I am unable to post it here, the programme says the letter is too wide to post. The content of the letter, released to the public (I gather) was Mr Presley replying to the MM's EWH book, explaining the Presley family's point of view and reasons. I'll ask someone if they can post it for me or I'll transcribe it, if you want to read itb?).

The video Lisa recorded recently, I read that she had two hours to record it. I personally think she did a great job. To do these things impulsively, comes from love, not from advisors, or any other rubbish those who are nasty say were the motives. There are some really "interesting" people around.

The new video comes from Lisa thinking of her father, and what she can do, that is the most personal, to connect them together. There was such a wonderful out pouring of respect for the first one, "Don't Cry Daddy" (she couldn't have been speaking more from the heart) so Iwould think, that she would have thought that this tribute would have been extremely fitting, knowing her father loves the song.

Lisa is showing her private feelings, through her music, she is speaking to him through their personal connection, from her heart and her soul as publicly as her personality make-up allows her to do.

Hugs,
Kimmi

We are going to Warwick for four days for an Eventing comp. in the morning! Take care honey, lyps.

P.S. Friends are there, Larry, SM, Patti, all the interviews I posted, there are a great deal of loving and positive interviews being done, counteracting. Most people see through the "*****s".

Another thing that struck me. Is that when some MM are interviewed, in my opinion, there is a "spin" put on everything, they try to connect with the interviewer, then start their rehearsed story. Watch the body language and the eyes, while they run down other MM who aren't in their "clique" (something telling again, when people run down others, while building themselves up) they are hiding something, (which we know what it is) as they then do the "justification thing".

Lisa came across to me, watching her eyes and her body language, as genuine, real and sincere.

King_Creole
08-21-2007, 07:50 PM
What really turned me off of Lisa Marie was when she was promoting her cd and appeared on the "Howard Stern" show back in 2003.

Now, I am not offended a bit on what Howard says or how he acts, (most of it is just to live up to his "Shock Jock" image), but Lisa inexplicably and nonchalantly talking about drugs, having anal sex and partying on a constant level that would make Britney, Lindsay and Paris look like girl scouts really made her out to look cheap and trashy.

It was in such poor taste.

Just my opinion ...