PDA

View Full Version : does anybody have the interview of Lisa at graceland

presley31
08-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I missed the interview this morning, does anybody know where l can see it??

U.S. Male
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I managed to catch it this morning on Good Morning America.

Wasn't a very long interview from what I saw, but it was very interesting imo....one thing she talked about (that I've never heard her mention before), was her demeanor the day he passed away, of how she "rode her golf cart around and smoked cigarettes in the guard house even though she was only 9 years old ".

Lisa also talked about the "upstairs" of Graceland, and said that "she does still go up there". Diane asked her if she still slept in the house, and Lisa responded by saying "no, but I have before and that it's kinda dusty up there." They also talked about Lisa's room still having alot of the same things in her room as it was on the day Elvis died.

She also took Diane Sawyer (who conducted the interview) in to the secured building that holds many of Elvis' posessions, and they discovered a blue napkin (or cloth) that Elvis had written a message to Lisa on that shocked Lisa causing her to say "she had never seen before", causing to her to tell the attendant "I want that, I'm going to put it in a frame."

Overall, I thought it was pretty good imo....maybe someone can post a complete transcript?

presley31
08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
wow.... thats great BBM thanks for giving me some information.

Burning_Love
08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow thanks BBM thats great..

Diana
08-16-2007, 10:20 AM
:D Thanks BBM! The info is just great!(y)

EP75
08-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately I only caught the last 2 minutes. Lisa said that she went up to the room last night and turned on the light in his bedroom. Then Sawyer asked her if she would turn it out or leave it on, and Lisa commented "not tonight I won't. It's on for him".

ReGina_89
08-16-2007, 10:46 AM
AWWW thats cute

meg
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Interview lisa marie

http://www.presleyspride.com/
Videos
Good Morning America 2007

Lisarose
08-16-2007, 11:54 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/
You should be able to view all the Elvis interviews conducted.
It must have been great to be at the candlelight vigil & see the lights to Elvis' room come on.

tcbeus
08-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Interview lisa marie

Videos

I just wathced it.Tears came to my eyes.Thank you for posting!

TLC67
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Interview lisa marie

Videos

Thank you for the link! Yes, I had a few tears:'(.

JDD
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
For anyone that can still catch it, Entertainment tonight also will have a Lisa Interview on today , its on at 11 PM in my market but its on all different times depending on your area.

Suzan
08-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I watched and taped it and cried. I knew she'd ridden her golf cart around but I'd never heard that she'd smoked in the guardhouse.:(
The part about going upstairs to turn the light on for him, that made me cry.
She used to sleep @ Graceland up to the late 80's and I don't know why she doesn't anymore, other then it may be difficult w/the kids and all, not enough space to hide upstairs? I don't know....but I didn't like hearing that it was dusty, I always heard that it was still being kept clean up there.:(

The GMA site is the best for video as you can't beat the quality...jmo>:D

TLC67
08-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I guess it would be hard to spend the night there with the tours starting so early in the mornings. She looked kind of wistful when she spoke about that.

presley31
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
you could see its hard for her talking about her dad and being in the home she grew up in.

Suzan
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes she did, there was def a tangible air of sadness around her during this interview I thought.:(

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Yes she did, there was def a tangible air of sadness around her during this interview I thought.:(
I agree. She has alot bottled up inside her. She definately loves him deeply, wants to keep alot private (don't blame her) and has to deal with all her life in public. I can't imagine it. That message on the scarf to her was sweet and so was her reaction to fond memories of him. Interesting her saying she saw him in the wee hours on the 16th down in the Jungle Room. Somehow that doesn't jive to me with all the other so called first hand stories of that night and morning. I think her reactions are genuine and it's ok that she puts up a wall about certain things. He was her daddy and she, his little girl. I would hope that my daughter do the same.

Suzan
08-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I agree Menwithbrokenhearts...I think for what she has gone thru she handles herself remarkably well. And yes certain things w/her father should remain her own, even though as fans we have a tendency to want to know it all.
It didn't jive w/me either and it's somewhat of a different acct. then she gave in Elvis By The Presley's...so maybe she is holding a lot back, I think I would to. You can tell it's very difficult for her to discuss that day.
I was also a wee bit surprised to see that she didn't know about the scarf as it was featured in the book Elvis By the Presley's and Priscilla had said @ that time that she and Lisa had hand picked all the items themselves, or something to that effect, and shocked that she didn't remember receiving it from him when other memories of him seem so clear to her. I did however, LOVE her reaction to it and how she is taking it w/her and having it framed. I also loved her reaction to seeing her golf cart key, I have a feeling she's not fully aware of all that is in that secret storage area @ Graceland.

Josh&JodyKC
08-17-2007, 03:03 AM
One thing's for sure: Larry King blew it and so did Cilla !
Who did NOT, and actually did bite off competition on national TV was Diane Sawyer with her GoodMorn America, having Lisa Marie on, chattin' in the Jungle Room (eat your heart out Larry!! We told you, you'd be sorry if you did not listen to our suggestions/recomms babe, and now you see...) It sure was a boring bad show with Cilla. Diane really knocked us all off our feet and she is so much more professional these days than you are Larry ! C'mon she has done her homework and came up with INNOVATIVE stuff for so many millions of viewers, next to us, 50,000,000 EP fans ... great to see the archives, being live in the JRoom, and hearing both sing Ghetto...not bad !
One point though would have been the cream on top : announcement of the ONE BILLION records sold....so far !!! MISSED THAT opportunity Diane ! And Lisa, Cilla, Sillerman, Jack, BMG a.o.:P

Suzan
08-17-2007, 04:05 AM
ROF Josh.:D:D:D I have to say in some ways I agree.
I would have liked to have seen LMP w/Larry in the house, I'm sorry but I think it's time for Pris to move aside...she's not his widow, she doesn't own Graceland, she DIVORCED him...it's LMP's legacy and birthright, if Elvis had wanted Pris there she'd have been in his will.
Larry tends to, anymore, cut his guests off, interrupt, etc...they don't get chance to finish their answer/train of thought. Though I was glad he cut her off @ times since the "Oh my gosh" and "you know" was getting on my nerves..lol and the whole attempt to re-write history.
I've got very mixed emotions w/Pris.. Though she did look better then she has last few times.:D

Dovey
08-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the post BossMan and the video Meg. I missed watching it and was really happy to find all the information here.. Yep, Diane Sawyer did her homework... Larry King sure did not..anyways thanks for the posts. Dovey ;)

Diane
08-17-2007, 06:15 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Diane Sawyer's interview with Lisa Marie. There's never been any doubt in my mind that Lisa has always cared very deeply for her dad and still does.

Sure she keeps things bottled up to the public - who could blame her as the more she said, the more would be twisted eventually..........:'(

Diane

ReGina_89
08-17-2007, 06:46 AM
your a 100% right Diane I think she has done the best thing by expressing her feelings in songs (Lights Out and Nobody Noticed It) that way they will never be twisted!!

presley31
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Can't please everybody.

riley
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Lisa is so down to earth, very honnst in her feelings and answers.
Priscilla is more aloof, always hiding her feelings, always on guard.
It is difficult to tell what she means from the hearth and what she doesn't.:doh:

I liked the broadcast with Lisa the most. In her I see so much of her daddy(y)(y)(y)