PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belew

elvislady
08-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I was watching the biography channel last night and it was about the osmonds, while watching them in concert i realised how simalar there jumpsuites were to elvis. and did not realise until then that bill belew made there jumpsuites to. did anyone else know this? donny told a story about how elvis and his mother used to talk about elvis being a precher before he became famous. he said elvis invited the brothers up to graceland for some steaks but he said we never did get there then elvis passed away.
elvislady:king:

KPM
08-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I can honestly say I never saw jumpsuits on anyone until Elvis began to wear them. Then they were everywhere. Jackson 5 wore them, as did many other acts in the 70s. But I saw them first on Elvis. My brother bought a denim jumpsuit at the Gap- not real fancy with gems or anything but it was a one piece jumpsuit with a lot of zippers and stainless steel studs.

Raised on Rock
08-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Even Mick Jagger started to use jumpsuits in '71 till '74, some of them very similar to the Elvis on'es except for the napoleon?s neck, no it wasn?t Elvis neither Belew who invented them, but it was after Elvis Presley that they became the ultimate rock star outfit during the early 70's.

Anyway, yes, the Osmonds had Bill Belew designing for them, it was after Elvis they started using jumpsuits and probalby after Elvis they got Belew, they both had almost identical Cisco Kid outfits in '71.

Tony Trout
08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I was watching the biography channel last night and it was about the osmonds, while watching them in concert i realised how simalar there jumpsuites were to elvis. and did not realise until then that bill belew made there jumpsuites to. did anyone else know this? donny told a story about how elvis and his mother used to talk about elvis being a precher before he became famous. he said elvis invited the brothers up to graceland for some steaks but he said we never did get there then elvis passed away.
elvislady:king:

Elvis a preacher before he became famous? Um....definitely not!! And I somehow doubt that (at that point in his life--and I'm assuming this is mid to late '77--) Elvis was in the mood to just invite them up to Graceland for steaks. And as for Bill Belew designing the suits up until the early 70s, I guess since he was working with the Osmonds is why Gene Doucette took over the design work on the jumpsuits for Elvis??